• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

xir

Likely to be eaten by a grue
if you run old exotic spots, they are only y1 exotics right? like the chest in VoG and stuff?

MrDaravon

They re-roll the stats.

Hmm, interesting. I'll see if I have any 310 armor I actually care about to potentially re-roll. Not going to bother re-rolling anything not 310 with it costing an exotic shard per needle; if that cost wasn't there I'd probably be way more willing to buy some.

Seriously still can't believe he's selling the Legacy Heavy Exotic Engram fucking again. That's what, 3 out of 4 weeks it's been Heavy? What should have been a cool little coin sink for me to wrap up my Y1 Collection has been a total shitshow.

Shito

This is my biggest problem with the way Bungie is handling the game, especially sandbox balance. They should be proactive, not reactive. Sunbreaker is one of those things that should not have (and would not have) shipped had it received proper testing. And the same can be said for many things in the game that have been unbalanced.

You need a large sample size and a certain amount of time to observe trends, but trends should not be used as the primary source of balance.
And it's not like we didn't have reports from quite everybody who played the preview version of TTK, saying that the sunbreaker's super was OP as shit and would probably get nerfed before the release.
Yet: here we are! ^^

Acidote

What a joke. 3oC only ever gives me fucking special weapon engrams (currently at 12 in a row) and now he's selling Hereafter, presumably at 290. I need exotic leg engrams.

No.

I'm in dire need of exotic primary engrams so I can get a 310 primary. Special engrams are way easier to get.

That's not really exciting though is it? Are you really sitting each week and looking forward to Xur to appear, so you can buy 3oC's, so you can go grind strikes you've already done a dozen or more times?

Maybe it's because I only do pve content in Destiny. And for that I already have what I need in terms of exotics. Spindle is a 100% drop I needed to do once, ToM is the same, and what exotic armor piece I use doesn't really matter at all.

I guess it's different strokes. I look forward to every friday so I can get more 3oC and dread whenever my pile drops below 10 (like it is ATM). I hate the strange coin drop nerf because it affects how many I can buy. I like running the PvE content, and 3oC gives me an extra incentive to do so, while also giving me some great infusion fodder. I also play some PvP, but prefer PvE and 3oC just gives me an extra incentive to play. It's awesome for someone like me who hates the look of the raid gear and likes to infuse non-raid gear to 310.

And it's not like we didn't have reports from quite everybody who played the preview version of TTK, saying that the sunbreaker's super was OP as shit and would probably get nerfed before the release.
Yet: here we are! ^^

It really feels like they're just throwing things together and putting it out there for us to test it. And that has the adverse effect of ruining the game for months on end and months afterwards when things are nerfed due to complaints. Re: Mythoclast, Thorn, Ram, Final Round, etc.

Guys, I've just started building a Defender Titan. I've been rolling with a warlock and a hunter since launch, so my knowledge of Titan exotics is non-existent. Should I get No Backup Plans from Xur? I was planning on just getting a Helm of Saint-14 from the Kiosk, but if someone can tell me NBP are good/great, I'll get the latter today.

Guys, I've just started building a Defender Titan. I've been rolling with a warlock and a hunter since launch, so my knowledge of Titan exotics is non-existent. Should I get No Backup Plans from Xur? I was planning on just getting a Helm of Saint-14 from the Kiosk, but if someone can tell me NBP are good/great, I'll get the latter today.

No Backup Plans is actually kind of useful now with a shotgun but its more a pvp thing since shotguns in pve hardly see any use these days. Compared to the past, Helm of Saint-14 hasn't been all that useful. That might change in the hard raid but so far I haven't anyone use the blind for anything, nor have I used it myself.

GorillaJu

You should definitely have them even if you don't always use them. They're really good in PvP

maomaoIYP

Helm of saint-14 is the defacto defender exotic. NBP looks good for pvp on paper, but I'm not sure if you
or 99% of the destiny population
are sold on defenders for pvp.

No Backup Plans is actually kind of useful now with a shotgun but its more a pvp thing since shotguns in pve hardly see any use these days. Compared to the past, Helm of Saint-14 hasn't been all that useful. That might change in the hard raid but so far I haven't anyone use the blind for anything, nor have I used it myself.

You should definitely have them even if you don't always use them. They're really good in PvP

Helm of saint-14 is the defacto defender exotic. NBP looks good for pvp on paper, but I'm not sure if you
or 99% of the destiny population
are sold on defenders for pvp.

I'll basically level up the Defender and Sunbreaker really quickly and then let the Striker level up via Bounties at a leisurely pace, so are there any exotics that would be useful for those two sub-classes? I mainly play PVE and sometimes play Control in PVP just for fun.

EDIT - Thanks for the replies guys. Appreciate the help to a noobie Titan. :)

Does anyone have a link to an update guide on what the good perks are for each type of weapon? Looking mostly for pvp but if it has pve also that'd be handy.

Tried google but only found pre 2.0 stuff or it was only for shotguns. Hate getting new weapons and having zero idea if it's any good.

MrDaravon

Okay, getting 3 Glass Needles is much more reasonable in costing the exotic shard. I've only got a couple of 310 armor pieces, not wasting them on anything less given the cost and the economy nerfs have me terrified to spend anything I don't have to. I might wait a day or so and see if destinydb or reddit puts together a complete reforging list; on destinydb right now you can play around with individual nodes on gear, but reddit seems to be reporting that some stuff isn't changeable, like if you have void armor on a Lupi chest that doesn't seem to roll off, even though technically that chest can roll void, arc or solar. I'll wait a bit and see what's up.

My only 310 Armor pieces are a helm and chest, and I'm fairly okay with what's on them now, and they're both pieces I will likely never use anyway. Otherwise the only time I think I would roll sub-300 armor would probably be gloves for weapon reloads.

Edit: Yeah seeing multiple confirmations on reddit that destinydb isn't accurate on item nodes for potential re-rolling. Definitely holding off. I bought 1 pack of 3 Needles to have on hand just in case. Most of the time I don't seem to be wearing exotic gloves (usually a helmet or chest) and gloves are the only thing I see myself re-rolling at sub-300 with the exotic shard cost on them, unless it's something I use all the time maybe. It's a neat idea, but it'd be nice if it showed you potential rolls on the item beforehand. I'm sure the community will take care of that shortly I guess.

helm of saint bubble on cursed thralls in golgoroth.

nOoblet16

hereafter worth it?

Spindle is better than it in PvE but it has very PvP centric stats. It's also the only sniper that falls in the Patience and Time archetype so it has a high firerate but also fairly high impact, which is just enough to revive snipe.

79 base aim assist
52 base stability
94 max aim assist (with scopes and perks)
100 max stability
5 round magazine
85 base reload speed
can roll hidden hand, unflinching, guerilla fighter
Highest rate of fire for a 2 bodyshot kill sniper

Number45

Oh man, those glass needles are going to hurt me! D:

In better news, No Backup Plans and Hereafter? Sold! My exotic drops are shitty, so I'm relying on Xur to take up the slack.

MrDaravon

So decided to use 3 Glass Needles on a pair of so-so Sealed Ahamkara Grasps I'm leveling. Across all 3 attempts I got the Disc/Str (which is what was already on it) with literally only one point variances either way on both stats, and all nodes rolled identically to my original gloves for the first two rolls, and only the last set of nodes changed on the last roll.

Doing quick daily.
Room for two.
Jump in.

Joining, I don't have a mic right now though sorry (it's super early here).

Tovarisc

Once again, this causes confusion.
For once, I thought we had reports of people in here getting IB drops at rank 1, but more importantly what is the last part of the sentence supposed to mean? Which pool? Does this mean you can only get, say, the cloak at rank 2, then the boots at rank 3, then the sidearm at rank 4, and finally the PR at rank 5? Or did he wanted to say "chances" instead of "pools"?

I got few sidearms and boots at lower ranks of IB, <4, but got pulse rifle basically after next game after hitting rank 5. Coincidence? Maybe, but I can't but think that something like PR is gated behind rank threshold.

so after hours of 3oC farming and getting Alpha Lupis only (26 of them!) without getting any other armor or weapon yesterday dropped a Hereafter.

i just might quit this game...

Acidote

so after hours of 3oC farming and getting Alpha Lupis only (26 of them!) without getting any other armor or weapon yesterday dropped a Hereafter.

i just might quit this game...

There is something you people wouldn't believe but it's true. After many many many Telesto, a few hereafter, invective, graviton, etc... I got my first alpha lupi just yesterday.

GorillaJu

I'll basically level up the Defender and Sunbreaker really quickly and then let the Striker level up via Bounties at a leisurely pace, so are there any exotics that would be useful for those two sub-classes? I mainly play PVE and sometimes play Control in PVP just for fun.

EDIT - Thanks for the replies guys. Appreciate the help to a noobie Titan. :)

Sunbreaker doesn't have any really great exotics IMO. There are gloves which buff your super but they're fucking ugly as sin.

For Strikers, I like the helmet that adds two passives to your super.

Th daily crucible is the worst idea ever. Just go back to each game giving small marks. Then people who are absolute garbage at pvp(even compared to me) won't go in just for the quick marks and either afk or just have no idea what to do and completely throw the game.

GorillaJu

Th daily crucible is the worst idea ever. Just go back to each game giving small marks. Then people who are absolute garbage at pvp(even compared to me) won't go in just for the quick marks and either afk or just have no idea what to do and completely throw the game.

My experiences in the Crucible and IB are so vastly different than so many in this thread. Must be regional differences, being that I get matched with 99% Japanese and Korean players.

MrDaravon

Thanks for the quick run Deku! I thought this was the mission where you go through the hole in the wall at the end with the echo so I spec'd completely differently, then was surprised when we got to the end lol.

helm of saint bubble on cursed thralls in golgoroth.

They stream in so slowly its easier to just kill them. Plus that only takes care of one door and if they get through and it's your back -> a thrall -> a bubble then someone's gonna die (I've seen it happen lol). There aren't really any cool applications of the blind in this new raid in the same way as you had blinding minotaurs on gatekeepers or neutralizing the boomers in the Crota fight or the blind bubble for the Abyss earlier on.

Glasshouse is probably better for the Golgoroth fight. I think there's gonna be Y2 version of that at some point.

k1t4j

I'm done with IB that's it, I have an average KD of 1,5 and consistently make 3k-5k points in crucible and the MM keep putting me in games where players go between 0.5-.0.9.

Puts me against pre made teams or in matches where I spawn and my team is already down 10k points.

I had enough of this, no more destiny PvP for me just going to do the raid and fuck this shit, playing since tuesday and barely reached rank 3.

Sorry for the rant I had to get this out.....

Tovarisc

I'm done with IB that's it, I have an average KD of 1,5 and consistently make 3k-5k points in crucible and the MM keep putting me in games where players go between 0.5-.0.9.

Puts me against pre made teams or in matches where I spawn and my team is already down 10k points.

I had enough of this, no more destiny PvP for me just going to do the raid and fuck this shit, playing since tuesday and barely reached rank 3.

Sorry for the rant I had to get this out.....

Consider riding GAFtrains until wheels fall off.

Can you smell their delicious, delicious fear?

But seriously, hope you got a nice group.

Thanks man, super nice group. I already knew a lot of them because they teach at my master's program. Starting next week I'll just run with 4th years PhDs to learn from them.
The step from graduate student > PhD student is a pretty big one. And can't help to feel a little bit overwhelmed in the beginning, but they're all trying to teach me something and make me feel at home.

In more Destiny The Game-related news, these glass needles sound pretty nice. As from what I understand they don't reset your XP. Did not expect that.

Spindle is better than it in PvE but it has very PvP centric stats. It's also the only sniper that falls in the Patience and Time archetype so it has a high firerate but also fairly high impact, which is just enough to revive snipe.

79 base aim assist
52 base stability
94 max aim assist (with scopes and perks)
100 max stability
5 round magazine
85 base reload speed
can roll hidden hand, unflinching, guerilla fighter
Highest rate of fire for a 2 bodyshot kill sniper

Hereafter won't revive snipe iirc. It's just a tad away from it though.

MrDaravon

So who has used a glass needle?

Need details!

From my post above:

So decided to use 3 Glass Needles on a pair of so-so Sealed Ahamkara Grasps I'm leveling. Across all 3 attempts I got the Disc/Str (which is what was already on it) with literally only one point variances either way on both stats, and all nodes rolled identically to my original gloves for the first two rolls, and only the last set of nodes changed on the last roll.

So who has used a glass needle?

Need details!

Same as the guy below!

What we need now though is a guide for stats that we can look at and be like "right I've rolled high stats so I'm not gonna roll this again"

I rolled my Alchemists Robes (item name may vary) and got better stats and the perks I was looking for. Problem is, I don't know just how good that stat roll actually is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom