• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nOoblet16

What makes Destiny multiplayer trash for me compared to Halo is 1 simple thing.

Trash talking.. Destiny multiplayer is just dead in soul when it comes to banter between players :(

Even if you use ingame chat with friends, the opposition is just mute..

Rumble with 2 friends is fucking hilarious.

Random post done.
This is most games these days, even the ones that do have ingame voice chat with oppositions will rarely ever have anyone talking.

Gears of War is fun because of trash talk, but very few games actually have players that like to involve themselves in that rather than being in their own party with their friends..hence more games try to either limit voice chat or completely remove it because it doesnt make any difference really as it is dead anyway...and it just means some parents can be fine with their kids playing it as they don't have to worry about their kids coming across those stuff.

Tjamato88

What does that new consumable do from Xur? Also anything worth buying from him today?

My girlfriend is going out of town in two weeks for a week and a half for training for work. I'm going to play so much PS4 while she's gone.

Mupod

Getting all of the ability kills for the exotic sword quest is incredibly painful. I assumed the Void one took forever because I did on my Hunter, but Arc and Solar are going incredibly slow as well, goddamn.

I did the void one on my warlock and just killed stuff at the start of siege of the warmind, then jumped off after the thrall zerg was done. I will probably do the same for the other swords, although it's been so long since I had time to actually go out and farm helium that the solar abilities one will probably be long since done by the time I get those soliton flares.

What does that new consumable do from Xur? Also anything worth buying from him today?

My girlfriend is going out of town in two weeks for a week and a half for training for work. I'm going to play so much PS4 while she's gone.

it is for re roll the random stats on the exotics

Oooo gotta get me some of that later once IB trains is over.

Edit: Does this actually unlock the missions you skip?
I assume there's some.

All i know is i was helping a friend out do some of those missions way ahead of my progress and it unlocked those missions then for me way out of sequence! Now that i know what's going on going to skip all that crap questline. Worst quest ever.

E92 M3

I am still super salty that there is another grind to 320 and that RNG has been fucking me nicely.

Luke said not to worry and now I am worried :( Maybe I'll get to 308 if I am lucky.

I am still super salty that there is another grind to 320 and that RNG has been fucking me nicely.

Luke said not to worry and now I am worried :( Maybe I'll get to 308 if I am lucky.

these grinds are only in your own head

getting to 320 won't mean anything just like getting to 310 doesn't now :)

I recommend not buying Hereafter. There are only 4 weapons in the special exotic engram pool so your chances of getting one eventually are pretty good. Just buy more stacks of 3oC IMO.

Tovarisc

For real? that sucks then lol.

Pulse Rifle is worth the grind tho, if you like lasers.

Oryx is 310 encounter afaik so no way HM Oryx isn't 320 encounter. Being closer to 310 than to 300 will help out by good amount and make HM clear that much easier. But hey, it doesn't matter that you are at same level as content you are playing so don't worry!

GorillaJu

Hmmm... I have one exotic special engram. Should I check this before I buy Hereafter?

Okay why not.

It was a hereafter. :lol Get to keep those coins then!

JonCha

I enjoyed all of the TTK story missions and the initial quests that I got after. However now I just have quests that need me to find lieutenants in different areas, with no indication as to where they are. And also, one of my quests is to do the Heroic Strikes - but I'm only 244 Light. Therefore I'm not really sure what I should be doing to increase my Light level to 260ish. Is Crucible the answer?

X-Frame

Getting all of the ability kills for the exotic sword quest is incredibly painful. I assumed the Void one took forever because I did on my Hunter, but Arc and Solar are going incredibly slow as well, goddamn.

Get them in this week's Mayhem playlist. Each ability kill counts as 1% so you essentially need just 100 in PvP to finish. It's easy when you have Golden Gun and can just snipe 10+ people a game.

Shito

Oryx is 310 encounter afaik so no way HM Oryx isn't 320 encounter. Being closer to 310 than to 300 will help out by good amount and make HM clear that much easier. But hey, it doesn't matter that you are at same level as content you are playing so don't worry!
The bottom of this is that getting to 310 now will only help in killing NM Oryx (which you can do already just fine at 300), and you can only get to 310 "quickly" by killing NM Oryx.
Right now, apart from the raid, it's useless being 300+ in PVE, and the great irony of it all is that clearing out the raids in PVE and grinding to 310~320 will only help you for PVP...

i think thats more of the old mindset .. the new light level system is a little more lenient than 1:1

and if you've made it to hard Oryx chances are you've picked up some 310-320 gear along the way at some point

I enjoyed all of the TTK story missions and the initial quests that I got after. However now I just have quests that need me to find lieutenants in different areas, with no indication as to where they are. And also, one of my quests is to do the Heroic Strikes - but I'm only 244 Light. Therefore I'm not really sure what I should be doing to increase my Light level to 260ish. Is Crucible the answer?

If it states the area then you know where you need to go ;) These are timed events like public events, you'll see a message pop up that the Taken forces are taking over the area. At some point lieutenants will spawn. For increasing your light level, I suggest doing a bunch of Lv36 strikes or Court of Oryx for blue engrams and decrypt them one by one. Decrypt your first blue engram and check if it's higher than the piece you're already wearing. If so, equip it and decrypt your next engram.

Saint9806

I recommend not buying Hereafter. There are only 4 weapons in the special exotic engram pool so your chances of getting one eventually are pretty good. Just buy more stacks of 3oC IMO.

Hmmm, looks like a really cool sniper. Especially that blind perk. But, you make a good point!

JonCha

If it states the area then you know where you need to go ;) These are timed events like public events, you'll see a message pop up that the Taken forces are taking over the area. At some point lieutenants will spawn. For increasing your light level, I suggest doing a bunch of Lv36 strikes or Court of Oryx for blue engrams and decrypt them one by one. Decrypt your first blue engram and check if it's higher than the piece you're already wearing. If so, equip it and decrypt your next engram.

Yeah, I know I need to find the areas but its just seems a bit tedious to me to have to go to an area around the time the public event is happening.

I haven't tried Court of Oryx but I've heard it mentioned here so that's maybe something I should look into.

Raybunny

Man... i'd like to get only the cloak but I like lasers.

E92 M3

If you like people camping two towers shooting across empty space while things spawn, there's plenty of that in Destiny.

Most overrated Halo map right behind Coagulation.

Zoba please! Lockout was one of the best maps ever! I've played Halo 2 for more hours than Destiny (thus far), and it never got boring. Love that it's a night and snowy setting with a fun design element. Midship was fantastic as well.

Lyudmila doesn't feel quite as snappy as Messenger but that 0.07 sec difference isn't super noticeable either. I've posted a few times about it, but I got one with CBalance, Headseeker, and Hand Laid Stock. Identical stats to Messenger except a little higher range, with vertical recoil. It's not exactly 2-tapping fools with 111 TLW glitch (lol) but it's still good.

I've never seen a Spare Change drop in Crucible since TTK, and I've played 529 matches since Sept 1 according to Destinytracker. Legendary drops are so rare nowadays. The odds are getting one with a legit perk roll seem hopeless.

I dismantled a Spare Change due to space issues....might be regretting it a bit.

Nah man, got to keep up with everyone to play the highest level content!

neoism

Woah, that was underwhelming.

Three glass needles cost 3 Strange Coins, 3 Motes of Light and 1 Exotic Shard.

HPvfnOuz1tOgg.gif

Why did Xur stop selling exotic shards again? And how are we supposed to acquire them now? I mean, if they gave us an item you could buy that would help exotics drop, that would be pretty sweet. But you know what would be really fucked up? Is if they forgot that this was the main route to exotic shards and then nerfed their drop rate in response to an unrelated incident. But Bungie wouldn't do that. They carefully think through all of their nerfs.

The news of hard raid just reminds me how shitty my drops have been in KF. With CE, I had everything I wanted before HM was announced. This time it's much different. Hopefully ~306 LL will be good enough.

Warlock (5 clears)
Helmet - None
Arms - 303 LL
Chest - 302
Legs - 300
Class - 302

Titan (4 clears)
Helmet - None
Arms - 308
Chest - 307
Legs - 308
Class - 308

Hunter (4 clears)
Helmet - None
Arms - None
Chest - None
Legs - 306
Class - 304

Ghost - 310

I hate this RNG on top of RNG. Luke pls

Menome

I dismantled a Spare Change due to space issues....might be regretting it a bit.

I've dismantled two so far as I'm not really a pulse-rifle fan. Yet in two weeks of having the Ace of Spades quest, I've not had a single blue or purple hand-cannon drop from anything at all.

This is why I need to be able to weapon-trade with people. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom