• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Afrocious

It might be good that Trials is postponed. Depending if the loot will reach 320 in ToO, it might be best for it to come out after KF HM.

The best balance would be for the KF HM to drop 320 gear with legendary elemental primaries and for ToO to give out 320 gear with no elemental primaries.

Mupod

What makes Destiny multiplayer trash for me compared to Halo is 1 simple thing.

Trash talking.. Destiny multiplayer is just dead in soul when it comes to banter between players :(

Even if you use ingame chat with friends, the opposition is just mute..

Rumble with 2 friends is fucking hilarious.

Random post done.

I'd rather not listen to squeaky kid voices spouting various slurs but I will admit I enjoyed proximity voice in Reach. In Invasion as an Elite I sneaked up behind what sounded like a 10 year old as he picked up a sniper rifle and listened to him for a bit as he sang a little song about how happy he was to find the sniper. Then I did an execution on him and he just started screaming NOOOOOOOOOOO.

Side Arms are all about range stats.
Find a Side Arm with Range Finder, and some range altering perks.
Appended Mag is also great.

Oops. Dismantled a havoc pigeon with range finder last night. Got two Havoc Pigeons in a row from blue engrams. I kept the one with high caliber rounds for crucible

E92 M3

It might be good that Trials is postponed. Depending if the loot will reach 320 in ToO, it might be best for it to come out after KF HM.

The best balance would be for the KF HM to drop 320 gear with legendary elemental primaries and for ToO to give out 320 gear with no elemental primaries.

I am hoping for no elemental primaries.

R0ckman

Nirwen Mercy and The Villainy are the same archetype as the Hopscotch Pilgrim, same RoF and Impact, only slightly different in Range/Stability. Hawksaw has higher RoF and lower Impact.

http://db.planetdestiny.com/items/view/3478790848
http://db.planetdestiny.com/items/view/3182882068
http://db.planetdestiny.com/items/view/3904536202
http://db.planetdestiny.com/items/view/1201310194

Ah, I'm talking about before they nerfed it, tossed it after the nerf. I was getting quick multi-kills with it before the nerf.

Tecnniqe

Banned
So why can't they both be relevant at 320 LL?

Because its a glorified Item Level and they made it work like MMOs always done it, for the most part when it comes to iLevel.

PvP gear got a lower iLevel but PvP perks
PvE raiding gear got a higher iLevel but PvE perks

PvP iLevel and PvE iLevel is different things.

GutZ31

Oops. Dismantled a havoc pigeon with range finder last night. Got two Havoc Pigeons in a row from blue engrams. I kept the one with high caliber rounds for crucible

Without range altering boosts, Side Arms are optimal at Conspiracy Theory-D ranges.
That's bad for the side arm user.

Range boosting perks making you able to pick shots, and be effective all the way to auto rifle ranges, which is huge when you think about it.
30-50 a headshot at range? As quick as you can line up and pull the trigger?
Deadly.

X-Frame

Any Defender Titans having a great time in IB now with the buffed No Backup Plans?

I still find it weird that No Backup Plans have a flavor text that says "No ammo? No problem." And yet they proc Force Barrier on shotgun kills which use ammo. Still, I'll take any buff I can get. It would have been interesting if instead Force Barrier proc'd on melee kills or receiving melee damage.

NBP + Suppressor Grenades + Monte Carlo/Red Death can be really good and effective for map control and survivability.

Shito

I wasn't playing when HoW came out so maybe I missed the reasoning, but is there any reason why you don't get any sort of XP (items, ability/bounties etc) at all in PoE from enemy kills? I'm sitting on full keys on all of my characters and vault so I was going to run PoE 28 to use them up, especially since I'm still not Rank 3 with Variks and I need some of the tokens anyway (I foolishly burned them all up prior to TTK) and get my exotic sword ability kills along the way, but nope they don't count -_-. So dumb.
PoE counts as a raid, and prior to King's Fall raids didn't give any XP and weren't giving any progress towards bounties.
I suppose their logic for that was that since you were going to wipe sooo many times on certain phases at the beginning, it would give "easy" XP and bounties?
I'm glad they changed their mind on this for TTK. ^^

Madness

Don't touch me hunter gauntlets worth it or no? I don't want to lose my exotic helms though. How do you guys juggle exotics like that? I hate being mid battle and then thinking boss is coming, quickly pause and equip certain so and so etc.

Also, have you ever bought two or more of an exotic weapon to share between characters? Meaning my main had like 70+ strange coins and I can buy two hereafter for my characters. Or is it wiser to buy one and just vault and equip when I want to use the other character?

Without range altering boosts, Side Arms are optimal at Conspiracy Theory-D ranges.

Range boosting perks making you able to pick shots, and be effective all the way to auto rifle ranges, which is huge when you think about it.
Deadly.

Double balls. Havoc Pidgeon has the highest stock range of any sidearm. Stupid dismantling things without thinking.

Tecnniqe

Banned

Deadly.

Pretty good in PvE as well, almost managed to stunlock a Ultra with the banner one.
So deadly.

jimboton

So only people who do hard raid, and/or Trials of Osiris can compete in Iron Banner?
Point is people who only do Trials get lower level loot than people who only do HM KF. Higher level loot remains PVE locked, unlike what happenned during House of Wolves.

PuMa

Don't touch me hunter gauntlets worth it or no? I don't want to lose my exotic helms though. How do you guys juggle exotics like that? I hate being mid battle and then thinking boss is coming, quickly pause and equip certain so and so etc.

They can definitely save your ass in PVE sometimes.

So i skipped all the DB and HoW DLC but keep hearing people say to run Prison of Elders for Strange Coins...

I've never seen it nor do i know anything about is save for that it is a horde-esq mode.

What level should i run for the most Strange Coins possible? I'm over 300 so it all should be easy i gather?

Shito

Also, have you ever bought two or more of an exotic weapon to share between characters? Meaning my main had like 70+ strange coins and I can buy two hereafter for my characters. Or is it wiser to buy one and just vault and equip when I want to use the other character?
Don't Touch Me are good, yes, especially is you are playing a bladedancer, giving you access to the perk making the invisibility lasts longer.
And you should only be buying and upgrading one exotic and transferring it to your alts as needed, yes, otherwise it's a waste of coins and mats.

Mupod

Im thinking about getting the legacy engram. I really want the red death or truth.

after the last few days of IB if it was a legacy primary engram I'd have bought it in a second to try for Red Death. Pretty much 50% chance I'd get it. As it is I think I'll run PoE 28 tonight on my Titan as he's still owed a free Y1 exotic from that.

Speaking of IB, fuck how many matches did I have last night where Kadey squeaked me out of first place by like 50 points. I might have to try and go solo for a little bit to get that bounty done.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
So i skipped all the DB and HoW DLC but keep hearing people say to run Prison of Elders for Strange Coins...

I've never seen it nor do i know anything about is save for that it is a horde-esq mode.

What level should i run for the most Strange Coins possible? I'm over 300 so it all should be easy i gather?

Easy for a 300. Do POE 28 or 32 first to get the hang of it then to level 34. 35 with Skolas will be tricky since you won't know the mechanics plus isn't fun to solo. I played two level 34's and one level 32 and came away with 20 Strange Coins. Took about an hour.

Edit:
Level 28 has match-making to you can see what the others are doing. The other levels dont.

Easy for a 300. Do POE 28 or 32 first to get the hang of it then to level 34. 35 with Skolas will be tricky since you won't know the mechanics plus isn't fun to solo. I played two level 34's and one level 32 and came away with 20 Strange Coins. Took about an hour.

I'll have a full fireteam which will be good. Do the higher levels grant more coins? Are they each "round"? I'll have to watch a youtube i have no idea what it's like lol.

jimboton

Because its a glorified Item Level and they made it work like MMOs always done it, for the most part when it comes to iLevel.

PvP gear got a lower iLevel but PvP perks
PvE raiding gear got a higher iLevel but PvE perks

PvP iLevel and PvE iLevel is different things.
You make it sound like pvp and pve are two different games. They're not. Ll is the same for both activities, it has the same meaning and use. Both should be rewarded equally. Unless it's simply done to please people used to grind their way to the best gear and too afraid to step out of their comfort zone.

colinp

Banned
The IB sidearm dropped for me the match after I turned lvl 3. It's pretty cool! I haven't really given sidearms much of a chance but I think I will now. Unfortunate I'm desperate for weapon parts to actually upgrade it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom