• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Number45

What's revive sniping? :s

Twist fate should work like the re-rolls in D3 - you lose the mats but you have the choice to keep your current perks or overwrite. That way if you're mostly happy with your current roll you can go all out to fill that last slot.

Good IB matches this morning. Got Rank 5 on my Titan. IB Pulse feels exactly like Hopescotch. I need to use it a bit more. Will be on tonight working on my Warlock next. I need the boots and bond for everyone!

Once I get Jade Rabbit I'll not have to buy 3oC from Squidface for awhile... stupid exclusive exotics and ocd.

any new raids spots need to be filled? Or does someone want to form a team?

Afrocious

Getting all of the ability kills for the exotic sword quest is incredibly painful. I assumed the Void one took forever because I did on my Hunter, but Arc and Solar are going incredibly slow as well, goddamn.

I got all three exotic swords on my warlock. Dunno if you're doing this already, but Lost to Light is a great level to get the kills. Once you get to where you can pick up the relics, pick one up once your melee is charged.

With the relic equipped, your melee will never deplete and every kill you get with the relic will be an ability kill, thus counting toward the quest.

The second and third rooms are good and have a lot of enemies. I think the second room has more enemies. The poor part is that each room has its own checkpoint once you open the doors. So you'd want to figure out which room you like the most, and when you've killed everything in the room, just jump off a nearby cliff.

This works for any class and subclass. If I had worked on a Defender Titan instead, I'd do this strategy exclusively.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Yay, I can finally grab a Stag! Xur with the hookup.

I haven't been able to play this past week, I hope there is a nice gaf IB train I can hop on tonight. I hate solo queue IB :(

LOL, even EA is salty about Sunbreakers

zxuih7w.png

Tsosie

With the changes to 3oC, I wouldn't even farm tbqh. Just pop 3oCs when you're fighting a raid or strike boss.

Well that is the thing. At this point I am not doing strikes anymore because as far as I can tell they will not drop anything that can upgrade my light. I def do 3oC in raid, but I am looking to tear through a big stack I have had for a few weeks.

gunawi

Lyudmila doesn't feel quite as snappy as Messenger but that 0.07 sec difference isn't super noticeable either. I've posted a few times about it, but I got one with CBalance, Headseeker, and Hand Laid Stock. Identical stats to Messenger except a little higher range, with vertical recoil. It's not exactly 2-tapping fools with 111 TLW glitch (lol) but it's still good.

I've never seen a Spare Change drop in Crucible since TTK, and I've played 529 matches since Sept 1 according to Destinytracker. Legendary drops are so rare nowadays. The odds are getting one with a legit perk roll seem hopeless.

I got lucky with a perfect Sparechange few days after TTK release from crucible.
LCoD6bf.png

Counterbalance - Perfect Balance/Casket Mag/Injection mold - Feeding Frenzy.

Number45

Well that is the thing. At this point I am not doing strikes anymore because as far as I can tell they will not drop anything that can upgrade my light. I def do 3oC in raid, but I am looking to tear through a big stack I have had for a few weeks.
I tend to run a few of the level 36 strikes (making sure one is active at all times, some of the mid-level ultras can use it up) but sometimes I'm worried that I'm finishing the strikes too quickly. My drop rate isn't great, certainly not above 10% (and the vanguard streak seems to be a pretty poor buff as well).

If you have plenty I guess just make sure you always have one active.

R0ckman

Good IB matches this morning. Got Rank 5 on my Titan. IB Pulse feels exactly like Hopescotch. I need to use it a bit more. Will be on tonight working on my Warlock next. I need the boots and bond for everyone!

Lol it doesn't feel like pilgrim at all, it has lower impact, tested last night (thought it was okay), its basically a better hawksaw. Bungie isn't going to offer the pilgrim year 2 in a shop if they ever even create one.

Afrocious

1 Go to Draksis
2 Kill
3 Wait 10min or so while watching Netflix, making dinner or whatever
4 Kill
5 Repeat step 3

A better place to go would be The Shrine of Oryx. At the end of it, there's an ultra. You have to kill it and then destroy this giant sphere thing to end the mission. You can go to orbit without blowing the weird orb up and keep returning to kill the ultra since the checkpoint is so close to it.

But I don't do it anymore because my exotic rolls suck. #Forever307

squadr0n

Anyone on PS4 still need to do the NightFall like myself? Send me a FR/Invite if you would like to get it done. I might be doing IB but still send me an invite and I'll be right there.

On IB balancing, I don't mind the shotguns anymore. People seem to be mixing it up quite a bit this time weapons wise. But Holy Shit Bungie, WTF have you done with these new Supers! The Titan Hammer is so stupid. I can counter everything else really well accept for the Hammer. They should limit its use like the Golden Gun 1 shot or something. It's just not fun when your up against a team full of MC Hammers.

PSN: sQuadon
LL: between 293 and 295 depending on which gear I'm using.

I got lucky with a perfect Sparechange few days after TTK release from crucible.
LCoD6bf.png

Counterbalance - Perfect Balance/Casket Mag/Injection mold - Feeding Frenzy.

Fuck...I've yet to see one spare change drop in crucible in fact the drop rates for legendaries in general are awful, I've had one party crasher drop (with zero range rolls ) It's kind of shitty that kind of weapon is stuck behind pure RNG

Tsosie

A better place to go would be The Shrine of Oryx. At the end of it, there's an ultra. You have to kill it and then destroy this giant sphere thing to end the mission. You can go to orbit without blowing the weird orb up and keep returning to kill the ultra since the checkpoint is so close to it.

But I don't do it anymore because my exotic rolls suck. #Forever307

Cool, this is what I was really looking for. Do missions still save your last checkpoint even if you log out?

MrDaravon

I wasn't playing when HoW came out so maybe I missed the reasoning, but is there any reason why you don't get any sort of XP (items, ability/bounties etc) at all in PoE from enemy kills? I'm sitting on full keys on all of my characters and vault so I was going to run PoE 28 to use them up, especially since I'm still not Rank 3 with Variks and I need some of the tokens anyway (I foolishly burned them all up prior to TTK) and get my exotic sword ability kills along the way, but nope they don't count -_-. So dumb.

I got all three exotic swords on my warlock. Dunno if you're doing this already, but Lost to Light is a great level to get the kills. Once you get to where you can pick up the relics, pick one up once your melee is charged.

With the relic equipped, your melee will never deplete and every kill you get with the relic will be an ability kill, thus counting toward the quest.

The second and third rooms are good and have a lot of enemies. I think the second room has more enemies. The poor part is that each room has its own checkpoint once you open the doors. So you'd want to figure out which room you like the most, and when you've killed everything in the room, just jump off a nearby cliff.

This works for any class and subclass. If I had worked on a Defender Titan instead, I'd do this strategy exclusively.

I will have to give this a go, thanks!

jimboton

Canceled because of shadowstalker glitch, will return once glitch is fixed.

... and once hard mode KF is out with its 310-320 light gear making Lighthouse 310 drops all but obsolete instead of a legitimate (and long due) alternate path to max level gear for people who would rather PVP than grind the raid for a change :/

Between this and IB 280 light rewards, it's obvious Bungie is listening to those who believe Destiny Crucible shouldn't be relevant as a form of progression.

Tecnniqe

Banned
... and once hard mode KF is out with its 310-320 light gear making Lighthouse 310 drops all but obsolete instead of a legitimate (and long due) alternate path to max level gear for people who would rather PVP than grind the raid for a change :/

Between this and IB 280 light rewards, it's obvious Bungie is listening to those who believe Destiny Crucible shouldn't be relevant as a form of progression.

No, what they did is make PvP gear PvP relevant and PvE gear PvE relevant.

I've dismantled two so far as I'm not really a pulse-rifle fan. Yet in two weeks of having the Ace of Spades quest, I've not had a single blue or purple hand-cannon drop from anything at all.

This is why I need to be able to weapon-trade with people. :p
Run PoE 34 and 35 to get two weapon cores and use them to get two purple hand cannons from Variks this week. Also, pop a ton of 3oC because there are at least 5 ultras in those two runs (I think maybe 6.)

recks

Lol it doesn't feel like pilgrim at all, it has lower impact, tested last night (thought it was okay), its basically a better hawksaw. Bungie isn't going to offer the pilgrim year 2 in a shop if they ever even create one.
Nirwen Mercy and The Villainy are the same archetype as the Hopscotch Pilgrim, same RoF and Impact, only slightly different in Range/Stability. Hawksaw has higher RoF and lower Impact.

http://db.planetdestiny.com/items/view/3478790848
http://db.planetdestiny.com/items/view/3182882068
http://db.planetdestiny.com/items/view/3904536202
http://db.planetdestiny.com/items/view/1201310194

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom