• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The news of hard raid just reminds me how shitty my drops have been in KF. With CE, I had everything I wanted before HM was announced. This time it's much different. Hopefully ~306 LL will be good enough.

Warlock (5 clears)
Helmet - None
Arms - 303 LL
Chest - 302
Legs - 300
Class - 302

Titan (4 clears)
Helmet - None
Arms - 308
Chest - 307
Legs - 308
Class - 308

Hunter (4 clears)
Helmet - None
Arms - None
Chest - None
Legs - 306
Class - 304

Ghost - 310

I hate this RNG on top of RNG. Luke pls

I feel like i'm in a different world when i see posts like this. That titan set (except for helmet) you got is better than almost anything i got on all 3 characters (all with 4-5 clears). I wish i had more than 1 gear at 307+ light...

GorillaJu

I got lucky with a perfect Sparechange few days after TTK release from crucible.
LCoD6bf.png

Counterbalance - Perfect Balance/Casket Mag/Injection mold - Feeding Frenzy.

boner city

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
I'll have a full fireteam which will be good. Do the higher levels grant more coins? Are they each "round"? I'll have to watch a youtube i have no idea what it's like lol.

When you complete a bounty for Petra she gives you a key. This key can be used on the main chest at the end which can have a legendary piece or coins and motes. You need a key for this and can only earn a guaranteed 1 key per week but I've had others drop on me before the reset. To get a key best thing to do is complete a bounty for Petra.

Along with this chest are another 2 chests which don't require a key and offer less loot but usually coins. Before TTK I was grinding out in POE 28 and getting loads of strange coins. I haven't really needed any so kinda left it.

I'm doing POE again though to increase my rank to 3 so I can buy the 5 shaders. If you're running on XB1 I can join in if you need a third at anytime.

K, perfect roll sidearm would be Havoc Pigeon with
-Rangefinder
-Outlaw
-Hand Loaded

I cringe to think I may have dismantled one last night with a few of those. I had no clue havoc was the range beast. :(

squadr0n

Anyone still need the NightFall on PS4 like myself? If so send me an invite/FR. I might be on IB but just send me an invite and ill hop in asap!

PSN: sQuadon
LL: 295

Tovarisc

What's the best legendary PVP weapon out right now?

Bad Juju / Red Death / Raid PR / IB PR / Hawksaw

Those are some of the most recommended primaries for PvP atm.

Exotic shard drop have been nerfed.

50/50 chance of getting shard when sharding exotics now.

50%? Pffff... way too high. I think 30% would be more reasonable and promote value of exotic shards.

Why are we giving Bungie ideas?

Deku Tree

Here is my levels with optimum gear:

Warlock 307
Hunter 307
Titan 307

If I am going to be under leveled for HM then IDK what to say.... Each one of my Characters has four Raid clears. I just missed out on clearing the Raid during week one.

I finally got a 310 ghost in a raid clear last night.

I wonder if Trials was going to drop RNG gear between 310-320 or something like that or if they were planning to save that for KF HM.

Lol it doesn't feel like pilgrim at all, it has lower impact, tested last night (thought it was okay), its basically a better hawksaw. Bungie isn't going to offer the pilgrim year 2 in a shop if they ever even create one.

Correct me if I am wrong, but OG hopscotch hit for 34 on crit right? This hits for 33. It's the same archetype of PR. Is it an exact duplicate? Nope, but it feels right to me!

My Hawksaw is good, but this is better for me.

Point is people who only do Trials get lower level loot than people who only do HM KF. Higher level loot remains PVE locked, unlike what happenned during House of Wolves.

It's kind of in weird state right now. You could get the highest level gear in PvP during CE as well. The IB armor was max level. Only Vanilla had zero end game progression for PvP.

However, you can't even reliably get the highest level gear in PvE right now with the RNG light. For trials, the gear would have to be a RNG drop to be at parity with PvE, not just Brother Vance hooking you up with a max light Chest piece for getting the gold package.

We'll see, maybe the gold package and the lighthouse will be an RNG roll with a piece of gear only potentially dropping, and at random light levels.

When you complete a bounty for Petra she gives you a key. This key can be used on the main chest at the end which can have a legendary piece or coins and motes. You need a key for this and can only earn a guaranteed 1 key per week but I've had others drop on me before the reset. To get a key best thing to do is complete a bounty for Petra.

Along with this chest are another 2 chests which don't require a key and offer less loot but usually coins. Before TTK I was grinding out in POE 28 and getting loads of strange coins. I haven't really needed any so kinda left it.

I'm doing POE again though to increase my rank to 3 so I can buy the 5 shaders. If you're running on XB1 I can join in if you need a third at anytime.

Crap... so if i dont lvl Petra up and get a key i can't get strange coins? Well, looks like i got my work cut out for me after picking up my Malice after work today!

Ah man i'd love that... but i'm a PS4 guy... sorry! Thanks for the offer though!

EL CUCO

Exotic shard drop have been nerfed.

50/50 chance of getting shard when sharding exotics now.

He sells 'em for 13 Strange Coins. :p

:'(
Since it seems like Bungie has been peaking into our inventory, I'm sure they noticed people hoarding them and figured they needed to flush some out for whatever reason.

I personally don't have many left. Early on I was infusing my 280/290 exotics with higher blues and such, costing me a shard every time :(. Little did I know that we'd get a chance at 310 exotics after we hit 300. This gated leveling system is really annoying once you pass 300.

void666

Banned
I have many many pulse rifles. But the one i have more success with is the hawksaw.
My main hawksaw (i have 3) has unflinching.

PuMa

Correct me if I am wrong, but OG hopscotch hit for 34 on crit right? This hits for 33. It's the same archetype of PR. Is it an exact duplicate? Nope, but it feels right to me!

My Hawksaw is good, but this is better for me.

Yeah, he's confused. Hawksaw is in the lower impact category. Scotch and Nirwen's are similar.

Boom:
SbMwmbd.png

That's referencing the ROF stability nerf from a while ago, which is moot. The point is that Nirwen's and Scotch are both in the same impact family. They are very similar guns.
Nirwen's is in the same archetype as HP now, but Hopscotch used to have the same ROF/Impact as Messenger and Spare Change.25 before the nerf. Time to Kill was dramatically different, 0.73 seconds (messenger/spare change) vs 0.97 (Allfate/Nirwen/nerfed Hopscotch).

Hopscotch is not as good after the impact was nerfed as it was back when everyone had Hopscotch Fever. The stats of the nerfed Hopscotch Pilgrim are the same as 55A-Allfate.

GutZ31

>GAF shits on Side Arms
>People start using Side Arms
>GAF doesn't shit on Side Arms, as much

Give them the D,
the Iron Wrath-D.

Deku Tree

Since it seems like Bungie has been peaking into our inventory, I'm sure they noticed people hoarding them and figured they needed to flush some out for whatever reason.

I personally don't have many left. Early on I was infusing them with higher blues and such, costing me a shard every time :(. Little did I know that we'd get a chance at 310 exotics after we hit 300. This gated leveling system is really annoying once you pass 300.

I spent like 800 strange coins on week one Xur, Trying to get all the exotic helmets. There was no indication that bungee was introducing a new exotic power grind into year two. It completely change the rules from year one. Totally unexpected. Would have been much better off saving a lot more of those strange coins. I think in year 2 the new thing to do is hoard materials until your sure 110% that you don't need them.

Want it soooo bad

I am in LOVE with my JabberHakke. Sidearms are so slept on in this game. They are fucking PERFECT for midrange crucible activity.

PAP PAP PAP PAP

yup, just stay out of shotty-range and you're golden!

I highly recommend the Hawkwood that the vanguard vendor sells for normal Crucible, sick balance, outperforms all legendary sidearms. Also the original Vestian Dynasty is a beast now.

>GAF shits on Side Arms

Give them the D,
the Iron Wrath-D.

i ain't NEVAH

sidearms have been my favorite weapon class since the day i saw a vestian in a video

yup, just stay out of shotty-range and you're golden!

I highly recommend the Hawkwood that the vanguard vendor sells for normal Crucible, sick balance, outperforms all legendary sidearms. Also the original Vestian Dynasty is a beast now.

SIIIIICK

E92 M3

It's time to start sharding some Year 1 weapons. Tired of not having space; the reason I hold on is because Destiny has no real sense of progression for long-time players. Old weapons are like trophies of past accomplishments, so it will be hard to shard, but it must be done. Keeping some classics like Shadow Price and Devil You Know.

Still sitting at over 200.

I have tons of exotics to shard too!

I just realized the icon for SGA isn't a tiny skull with sombrero....but a tiny skull with a bullet going through it. I'm disappointed by this.

>GAF shits on Side Arms

Give them the D,
the Iron Wrath-D.

Sidearms are the most fun weapon to shoot in Destiny. I love them, I just would like to see them get a little more attention with maybe a few more unique perks. Sidearms remind me of COD4:MW side arms. You could wail on R1 and shoot those so damn fast in last stand. Good times.

Planet Destiny

Thanks!

R0ckman

That's referencing the ROF stability nerf from a while ago, which is moot. The point is that Nirwen's and Scotch are both in the same impact family. They are very similar guns.

It wasn't just a ROF nerf, it nerfed the ROF and placed it into a new archtype, then they slightly increased the ROF fire for that archtype and reduced the damage for all of them.

When people say it's the same as hopscotch pilgrim, it's not a good thing unless they mean before it was nerfed. Now the gun is just okay, but it's nothing to get excited about.

It's time to start sharding some Year 1 weapons. Tired of not having space; the reason I hold on is because Destiny has no real sense of progression for long-time players. Old weapons are like trophies of past accomplishments, so it will be hard to shard, but it must be done. Keeping some classics like Shadow Price and Devil You Know.

never with my Vision of Confluence ... i say never

purg3

slept with Malkin
Here is my levels with optimum gear:

Warlock 307
Hunter 307
Titan 307

If I am going to be under leveled for HM then IDK what to say.... Each one of my Characters has four Raid clears. I just missed out on clearing the Raid during week one.

I think most people are going to fall in this category when HM releases. I really hope it isn't that much of a hindrance to get far. I'm not too worried about clearing it that weekend but it would be nice to get far enough to get a few drops. Randomized LL on raid gear is really stupid. Like really fucking stupid.

Laughlin

So I have a question. I have two guns, light level 294 and 295. If I infused the 294 gun with the 295, will it stay at 294 or go to 295 attack?

Deku Tree

I'm totally not at all rerolling any exotic armor's, just not doing it. Don't feel the need. I have good rolls on a bunch of exotics that I wear, I never felt like having a slightly better perfect roll made any difference at all.

So I have a question. I have two guns, light level 294 and 295. If I infused the 294 gun with the 295, will it stay at 294 or go to 295 attack?
It will go to 295 but you shouldn't infuse a gun just for a one point increase. Save the 295 for when you get a really good 280 weapon that you'll need to infuse.

it will go to 295. If the gun you upgrade is 4 points away, those points will infuse as is. Anything above 4 points difference, it will be an average of 80% or something, i'm sure someone knows the math better from there :D

I hear you. That was me yesterday for weapon parts. It was a sad goodbye.

If I could have a shrine, I'd place those weapon there instead. Like Fatebringer, 102 hours used. 19625 Minions of the Darkness Killed. Her Benevolence, 1079 guardians were laid to rest in Crucible. Some of them just have so much sentimental value.

But since we don't, there is almost no point in saving them other than hovering around the vault and looking at it :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom