• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tecnniqe

Banned
I'm totally not at all rerolling any exotic armor's, just not doing it. Don't feel the need. I have good rolls on a bunch of exotics that I wear, I never felt like having a slightly better perfect roll made any difference at all.

1% of the 1% gotta reroll to get them perfect rolls, get on it!
Spend all them materials! MWAahahahhah
tumblr_nw4edfPc0i1qzh2aio8_400.gif

Tovarisc

I spent like 800 strange coins on week one Xur, Trying to get all the exotic helmets. There was no indication that bungee was introducing a new exotic power grind into year two. It completely change the rules from year one. Totally unexpected. Would have been much better off saving a lot more of those strange coins. I think in year 2 the new thing to do is hoard materials until your sure 110% that you don't need them.

Put's Cozmos "The Nine are pleased that you are spending all those SC's now" tweet from early Y2 into perspective :D

PuMa

It wasn't just a ROF nerf, it nerfed the ROF and placed it into a new archtype, then they slightly increased the ROF fire for that archtype and reduced the damage for all of them.

When people say it's the same as hopscotch pilgrim, it's not a good thing unless they mean before it was nerfed. Now the gun is just okay, but it's nothing to get excited about.

Yeah, I don't think anyone was comparing it to pre-nerf. That was a bit ago. You said it was like the hawksaw, but it's not. Completely different impact category.

squadr0n

Any good ways to farm Weapon Parts in TTK? Ive got plenty of everything but these weapon parts and havent found a good way to get a good amount. Its like I get between 1 and 3 parts per weapon now and im always struggling to upgrade my guns because I cant find enough.

E92 M3

never with my Vision of Confluence ... i say never

Of course, that's not going anywhere!

I hear you. That was me yesterday for weapon parts. It was a sad goodbye.

If I could have a shrine, I'd place those weapon there instead. Like Fatebringer, 102 hours used. 19625 Minions of the Darkness Killed. Her Benevolence, 1079 guardians were laid to rest in Crucible. Some of them just have so much sentimental value.

But since we don't, there is almost no point in saving them other than hovering around the vault and looking at it :/

Yes, Bungie should have given us a vault for raid weapons. Would have been a huge help and a great way to keep track of accomplishments!

I feel like i'm in a different world when i see posts like this. That titan set (except for helmet) you got is better than almost anything i got on all 3 characters (all with 4-5 clears). I wish i had more than 1 gear at 307+ light...
Yeah, the Titan set I'm good with. The other two are really bad though. Plus getting no helmets in 13 clears stings.

Part of the issue I have is the length and time required to do 3 full clears each week. I think the raid is a little long and drawn out for something that you're going to be farming repeatedly.

Mupod

I shot someone from around a corner with the raid pulse last night. Its autoaim is something else. Also felt weird to finally be on the giving end of these fucking Eraser railguns everybody else seems to have.

Still don't have a pulse rifle I really like. I just want a slow two shot gun with recoil that isn't stupid. Also don't understand how people are bringing me down to a sliver of hp in one hit with Hawksaw - how? Isn't it low impact? I have a bunch of them in my inventory but never used them because the stats don't look like a weapon I want. I guess stats can be deceiving as Lyudmila sucks despite looking good on paper.

Tovarisc

I shot someone from around a corner with the raid pulse last night. Its autoaim is something else. Also felt weird to finally be on the giving end of these fucking Eraser railguns everybody else seems to have.

Still don't have a pulse rifle I really like. I just want a slow two shot gun with recoil that isn't stupid. Also don't understand how people are bringing me down to a sliver of hp in one hit with Hawksaw - how? Isn't it low impact? I have a bunch of them in my inventory but never used them because the stats don't look like a weapon I want. I guess stats can be deceiving as Lyudmila sucks despite looking good on paper.

That is just your normal PvP lag in Destiny.

Remember people, Light is not everything!! It's all about the weapons.

I cleared KF @ 280 light easily. How? Vendor 1000 Yard Stare and Vendor Hung Jury.

That's what, 10 below minimum? 5 ish below 310 isn't going to be a big deal at all, especially if you have a 310 spindle or 1kYS. The numbers are bigger for a reason.

I think being at least 300 will be fine. I just hope the hard mechanics will add freshness into the encounters other than "no health gain and no revives" because that gets old, real fast. Unless there's actually a way to do so where you don't rely on your weapon/gear e.g. Red Death and Orb pickups.

it will go to 295. If the gun you upgrade is 4 points away, those points will infuse as is. Anything above 4 points difference, it will be an average of 80% or something, i'm sure someone knows the math better from there :D

There are a few infusion calculators available on the net (some are likely better than others). The 80% / 70% rules are good approximations but there are a few edge cases to the formula.

DIM Infusion Calculator: https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/3nzbr1/dim_v3112_new_infusion_calculator/

actual code to do the calculations: https://github.com/Apsu/infusion/blob/master/infusion/__init__.py

I'd like to play iron banner with gaf however I'm bad and also from Australia so I'd probably have red bars :/

Yeah the lag can be annoying if you're playing with people from other countries, especially if most of them are from US or EU. You would think that the lag should work in your favor but it's always the opposite: getting shot behind walls, delayed kills and so on.

We have a couple of players from down under and also NZ, so we could get a couple of games over the weekend.

You can add me on psn: ruthlesbarbarian

Just looked in my vault and I have a 12 mag Havoc Pigeon with Crowd Control, Outlaw and Quickdraw and a 15 mag Conviction II with rangefinder and feeding frenzy will max them up and have a play around

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Fuck man. POE sucks ass.

Need rank 3 for the shaders at House of Judgment. I need 2600 XP to hit rank 3. This is gonna take forever especially now that the Nightfall XP bonus is gone.

It's like 65 XP for a completion of POE 28. Already completed the others levels and 28 is the only one which carries on giving XP when replaying. If 35 gave XP all the time I'd have the rank done in 5-6 Skolas kills.

I'll have to do fourty POE 28 to hit rank 3. I'll have to do five or so a day and get it for Monday or something.

Sucks.

Hmmm. Looks like Conviction II is my ideal sidearm. Only one less in max range and a four more in aim assist. Havoc Pigeon and Ironwreath look cooler though. Ironwreath is the reload and stability master.
ewyqzFp.png

R0ckman

Yeah, I don't think anyone was comparing it to pre-nerf. That was a bit ago. You said it was like the hawksaw, but it's not. Completely different impact category.

It just "felt" more like the hawksaw to me, only trading a bit of ROF for more impact, what's hawksaw's ROF 73? 7 more than the Mercy?

I usually run a Spare Change.25 so to me the Mercy was a huge jump in ROF.

E92 M3

Remember people, Light is not everything!! It's all about the weapons.

I cleared KF @ 280 light easily. How? Vendor 1000 Yard Stare and Vendor Hung Jury.

That's what, 10 below minimum? 5 ish below 310 isn't going to be a big deal at all, especially if you have a 310 spindle or 1kYS. The numbers are bigger for a reason.

I think being at least 300 will be fine. I just hope the hard mechanics will add freshness into the encounters other than "no health gain and no revives" because that gets old, real fast.

Yeah, but unfortunately since Bungie never elaborated, LFG will be filled with ignorant posts asking for 318+ light and hot moms.

Number45

So I need to be getting IB rank for the PR then? I've never gotten a PR worth even trying out... although I must say I'm a high impact weapon guy.

Sidearms are the most fun weapon to shoot in Destiny. I love them, I just would like to see them get a little more attention with maybe a few more unique perks. Sidearms remind me of COD4:MW side arms. You could wail on R1 and shoot those so damn fast in last stand. Good times.
I'll consider using a sidearm when they don't sound like peashooters. After Hawkmoon they feel and sound horrible. :'(

Arrrammis

Any good ways to farm Weapon Parts in TTK? Ive got plenty of everything but these weapon parts and havent found a good way to get a good amount. Its like I get between 1 and 3 parts per weapon now and im always struggling to upgrade my guns because I cant find enough.

Edit: never mind Reddit led me astray. Sorry!

So I need to be getting IB rank for the PR then? I've never gotten a PR worth even trying out... although I must say I'm a high impact weapon guy.

I'll consider using a sidearm when they don't sound like peashooters. After Hawkmoon they feel and sound horrible. :'(

PR's shoot peas. Sidearms at least shoot garbanzo beans.

Deku Tree

I need to know how the Hard Raid loot drops are going to work before doing it.

If armor loot drops from Golgo from 310-320, then I'd like to at least beat Golgo or daughters 3x in week 1. If I don't beat Oryx then that's OK. But I'll try Oryx too.

But will you get double 310-320 rolls on HM KF if you don't do normal? Or are your NM and HM KF drops completely separate? That'd be important to know before doing NM KF next week.

Do you get double moldering shards from HM if you didn't do NM? Is that worth anything?

BokehKing

Banned
Had like 2000 weapon parts on each guardian 3 weeks ago
Blew through them grinding rep

I wish I can go back in time

Xur needs to come with a gun no one has ever seen before, that would be exciting

Bradach

Is there a piece of gear that highlights chests / mats while on patrol.

Reason I ask is because I was doing the sol sword opening chests quest and i saw two lads doing the same so I ran with them as they seemed to know what they were doing. One of the lads showed an alarming ability to find mats / chests really quickly. Was he using gear that highlights it on his map or something?

Thanks for the noobie run on VoG last night. Sorry about it taking me waaaay longer than I would have liked to get through the jumping part. To be fair, I hate jumping puzzles in games and rarely ever do them (I've only done 4 total in GW2 for example).

squadr0n

Glimmer farm, then go to the gunsmith and buy the test weapons, then dismantle them (without actually testing them - if you test them you can't buy them again). Pretty cheap and you get 3 weapon parts (I think) each.

Thanks! Had no idea you could dismantle the test weapons.

SkylineRKR

lol, I found out old telemetries still work and only the type of slot matters. For example, I used a Fusion rifle telemetry on a sniper and it just worked, and a rocket launcher telemetry works on swords (I think I just popped both RL and machinegun in case). Saves buying special telemetries.

Is there a piece of gear that highlights chests / mats while on patrol.

Reason I ask is because I was doing the sol sword opening chests quest and i saw two lads doing the same so I ran with them as they seemed to know what they were doing. One of the lads showed an alarming ability to find mats / chests really quickly. Was he using gear that highlights it on his map or something?

Keen scout perk for hunters or your ghost can highlight materials

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom