• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
they delayed trials?

tumblr_lh6i1sqcvE1qd1h7w.gif

Can someone give me some pointers for control on Widow's Court?

I don't know what is is but I can't find any place to really set up shop on this map. I feel like the way the points are, I'm basically just running to whatever enemy point I spawn closest to the entire game.

zewone

They should prevent us from playing IB or normal Crucible until the Nightstalker glitch is fixed. Just turn off PVP altogether.

I don't want anyone getting to rank 5 or completing bounties in normal PVP if there's a small chance they could cheat.

GhaleonEB

they delayed trials?

tumblr_lh6i1sqcvE1qd1h7w.gif

Now imagine if they didn't delay it.

So after three days if hoping for hand blue or purple hand canons for the rank 3 Gunsmith quest, I've resorted to buying vendor ones with my marks to dismantle so I can advance. Quest steps where you have to do nothing but hope are really, really bad.

Tovarisc

Hah. That's funny. I didn't know Hakke was Finnish. Call me uncultured I guess.

Häkke itself isn't actual word and even as brand/company name it's... awkward? for me as Finn. It just doesn't make sense or "sound right". Seeing Herja and Tuonela as weapon names did give me chuckle.

Early on TTK also had exotic weapon with name Ukko, I think that exotic was then renamed to Zhalo Supercell. Ukko is god of weather, crops and thunder in Finnish mythos; https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ukko

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
They should prevent us from playing IB or normal Crucible until the Nightstalker glitch is fixed. Just turn off PVP altogether.

I don't want anyone getting to rank 5 or completing bounties in normal PVP if there's a small chance they could cheat.

I don't want anyone getting any strike or raid loot by cheating, either. Probably best to just shut the whole thing down. SHUT IT DOWN.

Navy Bean

That Shadow Shot cheat is real - we ran into it in 3 games out of 4 last night. Obviously breaks the game, but more than that just makes you not want to play IB.

First thing we started doing was checking the other teams for Nightstalkers lol.

maybe the delay is for the best

if IB is any indication--the loot was gonna be shit

maybe now they'll retool ToO winnings to at least drop 310 stuff given it'll be coming after hard raid launches

E92 M3

I think etheric light was Bungie's best "invention". It kept all gear relevant and it was exciting to get new pieces. With infusion, getting gear below max level is just a hassle.

Truly miss etheric light.

zewone

Yeah, cause being unable to move and aim as the tether moves the crosshair is awesome in Trials.

Is the problem with losing that you don't get the loot you want? Is that why people are afraid they might lose to this glitch?

Because with Trials cancelled you have a 0% chance of getting Trials loot.

If it wasn't, your chance of getting loot would be higher than 0% easily.

PuMa

I think etheric light was Bungie's best "invention". It kept all gear relevant and it was exciting to get new pieces. With infusion, getting gear below max level is just a hassle.

I don't miss it because I still have like 50 in my vault. What do I doooooo??!

I like the new infusion process, but yeah I see your point as well.

Yeeepppppppppp
Yep yepppppp

My inventory is clogged with weapons/armor I'm gonna use for infusion. Tho it's more fair to the average player.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Is the problem with losing that you don't get the loot you want? Is that why people are afraid they might lose to this glitch?

I couldnt care less about the loot, and its not about losing at all.
If a team beat me fair and square more power to them, but this shit in something that's meant to be the "Ranked" pvp?

You just cant look away from it.
I do however want to accomplish a flawless at some point for that emblem. Ooooh that emblem. Gotta collect em all.
IB Gear looks stunning, so ill be getting that sweet sweet Dark Souls.

zewone

hard mode too soon.

deleting charaters for raid runs ;'( let me buy subclass fully ranked pls bungie.

Wait...what? Hard mode is almost too late. It's coming out just in time.

And what loot is so sought after that it's worth deleting characters for extra raid runs? I can't imagine any are worth it.

Infusion would be better if it didn't have the 80% mechanic. I like infusion because it keeps blues relevant into the end game.

E92 M3

I don't miss it because I still have like 50 in my vault. What do I doooooo??!

I like the new infusion process, but yeah I see your point as well.

Why do you like the new process? It's truly a hassle to get weapons up to par. Etheric light us get into the game with one click. And yes, I'd like a conversion - have nearly 200.

Yeeepppppppppp
Yep yepppppp

My inventory is clogged with weapons/armor I'm gonna use for infusion. Tho it's more fair to the average player.

I don't have space to hold things for infusion =/

Infusion would be better if it didn't have the 80% mechanic. I like infusion because it keeps blues relevant into the end game.

Most blues I get are in the 280s. Only raid extras and exotics are truly relevant in the end game. And yes, it should have been 90%

spyder_ur

Can someone give me some pointers for control on Widow's Court?

I don't know what is is but I can't find any place to really set up shop on this map. I feel like the way the points are, I'm basically just running to whatever enemy point I spawn closest to the entire game.

This one is weird in that while B is in the middle, it's actually pretty far out of the way. We had the most luck holding A and C and jumping between them based on where the other team was headed towards. We tended to do alright this way although they can sneak into the church point (C I think).

I'm glad they added it to the playlist. I think I had only played this map in Trials and it's one of my favorites in the game. It's beautiful visually too.

Arrrammis

I really hope Bungie completely bans anyone using the bow glitch in PvP. The titan one was bad, but at least it ended in the same amount of time as the no glitched super. Just run up against a pair of hunters doing the bow for literally then entire match. I don't even think they fired their normal guns once.

Strider

Trials seems to be more than loot to a lot of people.

Those that want to aim for those 9 wins want it to feel special and like they earned something. Earning 9 wins legit only for some other people to have earned it by glitching devalues that accomplishment bc no one can tell who was legit and who wasn't.

I wish blues had an Infuse bubble. If I find a cool looking blue glove with sniper reloader and don't care about gaining grenade energy with a melee, I should be able to bring it up to max light.

zewone

Does anyone mind telling me what that Twist Fate perk on those Hunter gaunlets Xur is selling does exactly?

Twist Fate is a new mechanic they introduced this week for exotic armor.

You can re-roll the Int/Dis/Str and static perks on your armor if you like.

You keep the light level and XP already in the armor as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom