• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
And let me buy a straight-to-lvl-40 buff as well. I got $5.00 for you Bungle

Speaking of that, DeeJ's response about Pay 2 Win didn't have anything to do with the Subclass infusion right? That's a Tess consumable, not a Xur consumable.

http://nofigaming.com/consumables-for-silver-the-future-of-eververse-microtransactions/

Here DeeJ must have been talking about this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/3kr5v6/spoiler_gambling_your_rng_in_ttk/

Heuristic Light and what not.

DeeJ said:
“Someone datamined files that prove Tess will be selling King’s Fall consumables! You said you wouldn’t do that! Why are you doing that!?”

We’re not doing that. The files in question were actually first uncovered some time ago, well before the launch of Eververse Trading Company. They weren’t ever intended to be sold in exchange for Silver. What you’re seeing are remnant files for Three of Coins or Moldering Shard like items that would have been available from Xûr. Ultimately, the team decided that they didn’t have a place in the game, and cut them from the experience. You’re seeing some dust and echoes from the cutting room floor.

Subclass fast track for Silver is still potentially on the table correct?

stb

I highly doubt they will ban for something that doesn't involve modding game files in some way.

The Titan thing was more funny than useful, was pointless in PVP. I guess I blew up a Nightfall boss with it.

If they didn't ban for the Gunslinger grenade/golden gun glitch (EDIT: alliteration!), I doubt they'd ban for this, either. (I don't mean to suggest they SHOULD have banned for it, or should ban for this glitch. I'm just comparing the two.)

Deku Tree

What a freaking nightmare. The hardest part about the First Curse Crucible quest step was trying to find a group of Classic Free-For-All players who weren't being try-hards for some bizarre reason. Why the fuck are you bringing your 310 red death and trying to get the top score like your life depends on it in this playlist? I see you with you new IB emblem - why are you even here???!!!

That, and the gun is atrociuos. literally shooting people in the face and the range nerf is like "nope! try again cantseeshit.jpg"

EDIT: Posting this again because this is exactly what playing with Imprecation feels like:

eYWoKcV.gif

Yeah it's tough for an average or below average PvPer to get that quest done. It's only seven kills with Imprecation in one match, but they have to be precision kills and the TTK of that gun is horrible, and the reload speed is also just the worst. You have to basically sneak up on someone from behind and with the range nerf be really close to them to in order to get the kill or find someone who is "absolute" if they just got out of another gun battle.

Speaking of that, DeeJ's response about Pay 2 Win didn't have anything to do with the Subclass infusion right? That's a Tess consumable, not a Xur consumable.

http://nofigaming.com/consumables-for-silver-the-future-of-eververse-microtransactions/

Here DeeJ must have been talking about this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/3kr5v6/spoiler_gambling_your_rng_in_ttk/

Heuristic Light and what not.

Subclass fast track for Silver is still potentially on the table correct?
it's not.

What a freaking nightmare. The hardest part about the First Curse Crucible quest step was trying to find a group of Classic Free-For-All players who weren't being try-hards for some bizarre reason. Why the fuck are you bringing your 310 red death and trying to get the top score like your life depends on it in this playlist? I see you with you new IB emblem - why are you even here???!!!

That, and the gun is atrociuos. literally shooting people in the face and the range nerf is like "nope! try again cantseeshit.jpg"

EDIT: Posting this again because this is exactly what playing with Imprecation feels like:

eYWoKcV.gif

i am really hating this quest right now, everyone is playing IB with their Red Deaths and Bad Jujus, so, no way you could survive enougth to get 7 kills with that freaking garbage gun. And in the other playlists, nobody even show up! i think i have to wait until the event drops to have a chance to do it

LordofPwn

eYWoKcV.gif

i actually did that part in my first IB match this week, didn't seem like anything over difficult. The gun hits hard so just choose your battles.

GorillaJu

Tlaloc is the most ridiculous bullshit ever :lol I can get the jump on someone with 2-3 headshot and still get fucked before I get half their HP down. That gun is un fucking real.

Need to level up mi warlock asap

Future

TBH, I think something in the middle of the two would be ideal. It is a bit too much of a hassle currently (especially without an incoming supply of weapon parts).

Seems like their current idea is farm exotics using 3 of coins, and use the 310 drops to infuse low level stuff. Just seems slower than Etheric light because there is rng on exotic drop, rng again in what category it's in and then rng again if it's 310.

I wish they kept the spindle at 310. Change it so you can only get it once per daily per account and it would be a direct way to get at least 1 310 item in one category. Force nightfall a to give a 310, and add more challenges / events that lead directly to a 310 item so there is a path to upgrade besides rng

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I believe you iRAWR, but could you be more specific to make me feel better. DeeJ only says "the files" which doesn't really pin them down to a specific consumable.

Honestly the real money to level subclass item would just be so benign. I don't get why it would upset some folks.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Yeah it's tough for an average or below average PvPer to get that quest done. It's only seven kills with Imprecation in one match, but they have to be precision kills and the TTK of that gun is horrible, and the reload speed is also just the worst. You have to basically sneak up on someone from behind and with the range nerf be really close to them to in order to get the kill or find someone who is "absolute" if they just got out of another gun battle.

Once I got used to it and found a group that wasn't playing like they were in Trials, it wasn't too bad. Two quick body shots and then a carefully aimed headshot was a pretty reliable approach. At max armor I would consistently survive the encounter. Also, as hunter Knucklehead Radar Third Eye takes some of the stress out of it.

You have to be so close, though. At distance, it's 3 headshots to kill. It's awful

The new Meta. These guns are ok!

Bad jokes aside, this part of the quest was frustrating for me as well. I am awful with Handcannons in 2.0 I think I got lucky. I went 6/7 in one match and then finished it on the next one. You'll get it. Don't give up.

GlamFM

Banned
Being MVP 4 times in a row and still losing 4 times in a row is everything that´s wrong with IronBanner.

This has to be the most frustrating game-mode imaginable.

Who thought it was a good idea that the losing team gets no points at all?

E92 M3

eYWoKcV.gif

I think "try-hard" is such a dumb phrase. Classic playlist is fun because the maps aren't always the same. No one plays PVP to try to purposely lose. Your quarrel makes no sense.

Also, Imprecation isn't that bad.

commish

I know right. Why not real money to level weapons as well? Hell, they take much less XP than a subclass, so it's no big deal right?

Nope, not a big deal at all. Doesn't give one person an unfair advantage over someone else. It just lets people with less time to play enjoy the game a bit more.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
i actually did that part in my first IB match this week, didn't seem like anything over difficult. The gun hits hard so just choose your battles.

Yeah, the task itself isn't that bad. That's why I was so frustrated by it, actually. I just kept getting paired up with super sweaty people, lol. Glad it's over. Kinda dumb you need to wait for Armsday twice with this quest.

Mupod

Tlaloc is the most ridiculous bullshit ever :lol I can get the jump on someone with 2-3 headshot and still get fucked before I get half their HP down. That gun is un fucking real.

Need to level up mi warlock asap

shut uuuup I need something to go back to after they nerf sunbreaker.

Navy Bean

Being MVP 4 times in a row and still losing 4 times in a row is everything that´s wrong with IronBanner.

This has to be the most frustrating game-mode imaginable.

Who thought it was a good idea that the losing team gets no points at all?

No points to the losing team is stupid - especially if you run solo and build up 5 medallions (which is easy to do because the game repeatedly drops you in the end of losing matches). No reason to stick around in a bad match at that point.

LordofPwn

Yeah, the task itself isn't that bad. That's why I was so frustrated by it, actually. I just kept getting paired up with super sweaty people, lol. Glad it's over. Kinda dumb you need to wait for Armsday twice with this quest.

the 3 weeks to complete the quest is indeed unnecessary

I was tea-bagged for the first time last night during an Iron Banner match. For a second, I thought I time warped back to 2002! The guy killed me once, tea-bagged me, so I killed him every other time in the match - he never managed to kill me again. It was a satisfying payback.

Xur is selling The Hereafter today! I really like the look and sound of it, but I'm quite happy with my Omolon and 1000-Yard Stare combo. How do you guys like The Hereafter compared to others you've used?

Nope, not a big deal at all. Doesn't give one person an unfair advantage over someone else. It just lets people with less time to play enjoy the game a bit more.

I disagree. When they can flip a switch and have the game give you less of a material and make it a choke point for someone that plays three hours a day, that's just dirty.

Edit: Why couldn't they just let us all enjoy the game more?

E92 M3

I was tea-bagged for the first time last night during an Iron Banner match. For a second, I thought I time warped back to 2002! The guy killed me once, tea-bagged me, so I killed him every other time in the match - he never managed to kill me again. It was a satisfying payback.

Xur is selling The Hereafter today! I really like the look and sound of it, but I'm quite happy with my Omolon and 1000-Yard Stare combo. How do you guys like The Hereafter compared to others you've used?

Blowing a kiss is a lot funnier nowadays!

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Don't you love it when an exotic drops and it becomes something you just wished for.

Got gauntlets exotic and I wanted Ruin Wings and it became them.

In terms of armour I nearly have everything for all 3 guardians apart from those super rare pieces.

commish

I disagree. When they can flip a switch and have the game give you less of a material and make it a choke point for someone that plays three hours a day, that's just dirty.

Edit: Why couldn't they just let us all enjoy the game more?

I'm not going to defend any of their recent economy changes - I don't know what they were trying to protect against or what they were trying to address. I guess it's the same reason why they refused to have Xur sell heavy weapon synths when the heavy ammo perk was in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom