• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zewone

Trials seems to be more than loot to a lot of people.

Those that want to aim for those 9 wins want it to feel special and like they earned something. Earning 9 wins legit only for some other people to have earned it by glitching devalues that accomplishment.

Sorry, but I don't buy that.

There are a ton of people who got carried to 9-0 in Trials, GAF included.

People made it their duty to undermine the 9-0 achievement here.

PuMa

Why do you like the new process? It's truly a hassle to get weapons up to par. Etheric light us get into the game with one click. And yes, I'd like a conversion - have nearly 200.

TBH, I think something in the middle of the two would be ideal. It is a bit too much of a hassle currently (especially without an incoming supply of weapon parts).

GorillaJu

Häkke itself isn't actual word and even as brand/company name it's... awkward? for me as Finn. It just doesn't make sense or "sound right". Seeing Herja and Tuonela as weapon names did give me chuckle.

Early on TTK also had exotic weapon with name Ukko, I think that exotic was then renamed to Zhalo Supercell. Ukko is god of weather, crops and thunder in Finnish mythos; https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ukko

Every game ever has Japanese words in it that make no sense. It's jarring

purg3

slept with Malkin
Why do you like the new process? It's truly a hassle to get weapons up to par. Etheric light us get into the game with one click. And yes, I'd like a conversion - have nearly 200.

I don't have space to hold things for infusion =/

Most blues I get are in the 280s. Only raid extras and exotics are truly relevant in the end game. And yes, it should have been 90%

The % should be based on the quality of the item I think.

So blue 80%
Legendary 90%
Exotic 100%

Also, infusing an exotic into another should not cost an exotic shard.

PuMa

Trials seems to be more than loot to a lot of people.

Those that want to aim for those 9 wins want it to feel special and like they earned something. Earning 9 wins legit only for some other people to have earned it by glitching devalues that accomplishment bc no one can tell who was legit and who wasn't.

Definitely. Sure, the loot was a great carrot, but it was all about the experience for me. I had some of the most thrilling PVP encounters in that mode. Nothing else comes close. Brings me back to my SOCOM clan war days...

spyder_ur

I'm with you on this. I get why they canceled but I don't think it would have been the disaster people were imagining. Game mode is smaller, there are less supers, and chaining orbs isn't as much of a thing.

And this talk of the prestige of Trials is a little overblown. Like most everything in this game, people wanted the loot and were taking the shortest path to get there.

Bummed about no Trials; one of my favorite things in the game. Even cleared a weekend night with the GF in Advance to play; might not get that one back.

TBH, I think something in the middle of the two would be ideal. It is a bit too much of a hassle currently (especially without an incoming supply of weapon parts).

There has to be a better solution to Destiny than the infusion system. TTK is good. The story content, strikes, and raid are all very well done. Infusion is a very mixed bag. I think the game is actually a much bigger grind now and not for the better. At least in Vanilla when I got a high level piece of armor I knew I could use it and it would be viable ASAP.

Mindlog

Friggin hilarious IB run early this morning.
Ended up clearing level 2 and finish with the top score easily a few times.

However, now I feel like death.

Strider

Maybe so. But Bungie has been talking up the changes to matchmaking and that 9 wins should be a more prestigious achievement this time.

Just throwing it out there. Tbh I dont care either way.

Twist Fate is a new mechanic they introduced this week for exotic armor.

You can re-roll the Int/Dis/Str and static perks on your armor if you like.

You keep the light level and XP already in the armor as well.

Just read about that haha thanks! Always a bit late to the news because of work.

X-Frame

Can anyone confirm what the Tempered buffs are for the IB week? I forgot how much it increases each day, but think it ends up like 150% on Monday.

PuMa

There has to be a better solution to Destiny than the infusion system. TTK is good. The story content, strikes, and raid are all very well done. Infusion is a very mixed bag. I think the game is actually a much bigger grind now and not for the better. At least in Vanilla when I got a high level piece of armor I knew I could use it and it would be viable ASAP.

I think they could fix (or at least improve) that part of the infusion system by increasing the odds of getting higher light level blues and legendaries once you yourself are at a higher level (300+). Since I've been over 300, most of what I get is garbage 260-270 stuff.

LordofPwn

So is it a general consensus that sunbreakers are OP?
Drop rates need raised?
Matchmaking needs fixed?
and more additions to the economy need to be stopped and re-thought?

zewone

Maybe so. But Bungie has been talking up the changes to matchmaking and that 9 wins should be a more prestigious achievement this time.

Just throwing it out there. Tbh I dont care either way.

Yeah, I'm hoping so. Going flawless wasn't overly difficult in HoW. I'm hoping for more of a challenge. PVP in Destiny (and especially Trials) was my favorite way to play the game.

I'm just disappointed the event was cancelled due to cheating scrubs (and it's not even a good cheat). I think cancelling was an overeaction.

I actually think things like Sunbreakers, shotguns and ridiculous AA on snipers are bigger problems than the NS glitch. Those items are used by the entirety of the community and are unbalanced at the moment.

E92 M3

I really hope Bungie completely bans anyone using the bow glitch in PvP. The titan one was bad, but at least it ended in the same amount of time as the no glitched super. Just run up against a pair of hunters doing the bow for literally then entire match. I don't even think they fired their normal guns once.

Me too, but how would they identify the cheaters and can they ban them according to the ToS?

Yeah, I'd take middle of the road as well, but unfortunately we won't see a new system for a long time.

The % should be based on the quality of the item I think.

So blue 80%
Legendary 90%
Exotic 100%

Also, infusing an exotic into another should not cost an exotic shard.

Absolutely, if I am using a shard, at least give 100% or close to it. In fact, exotics take from the infusion than legendaries lol.

I think they could fix (or at least improve) that part of the infusion system by increasing the odds of getting higher light level blues and legendaries once you are at a higher level (300+). Since I've been over 300, most of what I get is garbage 260-270 stuff.
The idea is to infuse your low light level gear though. So instead of having everyone wearing the exact same gear, if you have a legendary you want to wear all you have to do is infuse it up. I think that's the concept they were going after. People complained in year 1 about how the wished Bungie would give them the option to wear other stuff since everyone was looking the exact same. With infusion if you have a 290 legendary, you just infuse it up to the light level you want it to be and then you can equip it with no penalty to your light.

Now the problem that most of us have now is that we're trying to get to 310 and the only way to get gear that's 300+ is from the raid. Which is a problem since the raid can be super greedy when it comes to dropping any of that stuff. At the same time we honestly can't expect Bungie to allow the raid to drop every single piece of gear from the raid in one playthrough.

Like you said, what they should do is allow engrams to drop gears at a light level of 300 to maybe, 305, for both blue and legendaries. This should be enabled once the player is passed light level 300. That will allow us to infuse lower light level gears that we want to use without having to wait once a week for a chance of getting a gear in the raid.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
What a freaking nightmare. The hardest part about the First Curse Crucible quest step was trying to find a group of Classic Free-For-All players who weren't being try-hards for some bizarre reason. Why the fuck are you bringing your 310 red death and trying to get the top score like your life depends on it in this playlist? I see you with you new IB emblem - why are you even here???!!!

That, and the gun is atrociuos. literally shooting people in the face and the range nerf is like "nope! try again cantseeshit.jpg"

EDIT: Posting this again because this is exactly what playing with Imprecation feels like:

eYWoKcV.gif

zewone

What a freaking nightmare. The hardest part about the First Curse Crucible quest step was trying to find a group of Classic Free-For-All players who weren't being try-hards for some bizarre reason. Why the fuck are you bringing your 310 red death and trying to get the top score like your life depends on it in this playlist? I see you with you new IB emblem - why are you even here???!!!

That, and the gun is atrociuos. literally shooting people in the face and the range nerf is like "nope! try again cantseeshit.jpg"

People want to win and go to the classic modes because casual gamers without DLC play there.

Mupod

I really hope Bungie completely bans anyone using the bow glitch in PvP. The titan one was bad, but at least it ended in the same amount of time as the no glitched super. Just run up against a pair of hunters doing the bow for literally then entire match. I don't even think they fired their normal guns once.

I highly doubt they will ban for something that doesn't involve modding game files in some way.

The Titan thing was more funny than useful, was pointless in PVP. I guess I blew up a Nightfall boss with it.

I highly doubt they will ban for something that doesn't involve modding game files in some way.

The Titan thing was more funny than useful, was pointless in PVP. I guess I blew up a Nightfall boss with it.

Thay banned in Halo for glitches before so no reason why they won't now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom