• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dat bottle opener.

I personally love it lol.

Well compared to other Titan gear. Titan Trials gear is the best though.
Never noticed that until now. :(

latest

61XCXnL.png

FyreWulff

I think if we ever get any more playable races, the first race we can play as will be Fallen. It's already established in the lore that they're constant killing each other so it won't even be weird when you're playing as a Fallen against other Fallen :p

The main problem I had with Halo 2 and Halo 3 PvP with MM is I didn't know how to turn off voice chat. I didn't have a mic, and I was forced to listen to inane immature banter through my speakers or totally mute the volume. So glad that Destiny has opt in voice chat.

remember push to talk? lol

SkylineRKR

So what did the removal of Shot package do? I still get the exact same results with the Felwinter class.

I guess Bungie should also do something about Rangefinder and Surrounded and remove the whole Felwinter class if needed.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I think if we ever get any more playable races, the first race we can play as will be Fallen. It's already established in the lore that they're constant killing each other so it won't even be weird when you're playing as a Fallen against other Fallen :p

I wish the races made a difference.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Nothing's wrong with Sunbreakers. Y'all just salty.

Trlololo.

The only hammer that Sunbreakers need is the nerf hammer.

Hopefully the nerfs are surgical and confined to PVP, but who am I kidding? LOL

Simple things like not being able to survive a Golden Gun/Bladedancer barrage or high Impact sinper headshot seem like no-brainers.

Honestly I don't even mind if they keep it the best Super in PVP. It just needs to have some sort of weakness like the other Supers do.

Mupod

Are we really expecting Cabal gear to be really better than Hive one?
From that strike-specific tease, I'm betting it will be just as bulky and ugly... :/

Well, Psion Flayers are part of the Cabal and we've already got hunters running around in their cloaks. I hope Titans get those Centurion anime mecha wings. Or headlights.

Frenden

Banned
why have you been playing IB solo? noticed you even turned off joining.

I had repair people scheduled yesterday and the day before, so I didn't want people to join only for me to have to bolt when they showed up.

I tend to set my status to invite only if I'm listening to podcasts, might have to drop soon, or can't mic it up.

I have to have the repair dudes back out again today, so I might be invite only again. I'll still join on others if they have a group and losing one dude at random isn't a problem.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
The only OP part of Sunbreakers right now is Cauterize.

But to be honest...after dealing with the lackluster performance of Striker and Defender I think it's completely warranted.

If it gets nerfed though they should really buffer Striker or Defender to transfer the power. Titans are in a very competitive place right now.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Nothing's wrong with Sunbreakers. Y'all just salty.

Trlololo.

The only hammer that Sunbreakers need is the nerf hammer.

lol, people act like Titans have perpetual super and run around for the entire match in Hammer mode. Good lord.

Damage resistance does need adjusted though, I agree with that. Outside of that, people need to calm down. After having to put up with OHK's from range against other classes for a year, ya'll need to deal with it.

KanameYuuki

I hate so much the exploding barrels around ever map, they are not there to help you kill enemies, they are there so you commit suicide, please Bungie stop putting that crap around the maps.

Shito

Well, Psion Flayers are part of the Cabal and we've already got hunters running around in their cloaks. I hope Titans get those Centurion anime mecha wings. Or headlights.
You... have a point. '__'
Was only thinking about the ugly maulers gloves, but it's true that those cloaks are fine...

Strider

But to be honest...after dealing with the lackluster performance of Striker and Defender I think it's completely warranted.

Agree with the first part. Completely disagree with the 2nd.

You don't fix a problem (underpowered PvP subclasses) by introducing a new one (OP subclass).

Excellent post. I think after we have a period of broken Titans we can have another period of another broken class based on the same logic.

PuMa

Disagree. It was only truly like that in the earliest days of Destiny and that's just because nobody knew the intricacies of weapon balance. That did lead to more AR's than anything else but that's just a shooter default weapon.

Right now it's basically Pulse Rifles/Shotgun combos. Scouts get used but are at a disadvantage. Sidearms have been picking up over the last couple of days but disadvantaged to longe range shotguns. Everything else is lower tier than that.

Uh, not sniper rifles.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Average randoms do not understand Rift at all.

I expect it to be bad when it's the daily crucible. Makes sense. We all need our marks.
But....

Scenario:
Four players defending our rift as the enemy runner gets nearer. Myself and three others.
"Heavy ammo incoming"
Three of the players that were defending with me leave the rift and run to heavy ammo. I get quickly overwhelmed and the other team scores.
One enemy player quickly pops his super and runs to the heavy ammo spawn where these three guardians went. They all die.

So hard to get a win without being the spark carrier.

lol, people act like Titans have perpetual super and run around for the entire match in Hammer mode. Good lord.

Damage resistance does need adjusted though, I agree with that. Outside of that, people need to calm down. After having to put up with OHK's from range against other classes for a year, ya'll need to deal with it.

I'm dealing with it by not playing until it's fixed.

LiK

got Halo 5 incoming. once we're done with Heroic Raid, i'm off Destiny for a while.

oh ok I see the edit now.

And yea I agree with that. Give the older subclasses a little bit of love (really just Striker tho) while nerfing SB a little bit and Titans are in a good place.

Defender bubbles should shoot lasers, imho

Navy Bean

Three worst things to hear when spawning in solo from Orbit in Iron Banner:

1. "Enemy controls all zones..."
2. "Heavy ammo available..."
3. "Clink"

Remember people, Light is not everything!! It's all about the weapons.

I cleared KF @ 280 light easily. How? Vendor 1000 Yard Stare and Vendor Hung Jury.

That's what, 10 below minimum? 5 ish below 310 isn't going to be a big deal at all, especially if you have a 310 spindle or 1kYS. The numbers are bigger for a reason.

I think being at least 300 will be fine. I just hope the hard mechanics will add freshness into the encounters other than "no health gain and no revives" because that gets old, real fast. Unless there's actually a way to do so where you don't rely on your weapon/gear e.g. Red Death and Orb pickups.

Yeah, level doesn't matter that much in anything tbh. Some guy was cleaning up in IB last night with Necrochasm. Shits just silly, lol.

No other class is invincible for the entirety of their super.

It's broken. It needs nerfed.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
oh ok I see the edit now.

And yea I agree with that. Give the older subclasses a little bit of love (really just Striker tho) while nerfing SB a little bit and Titans are in a good place.

Agreed. Striker is lacking considerably in the PVP scene. Defender is passable,
as long as you have Carlton taunt

No idea how to buff Striker without breaking it though.

This would please me.

I wish there was some kind of stopping power ala Gears when sliding. Sprinting through a hail of gunfire just to slide and kill someone from 10ft+ away with a shotgun is beyond ridiculous.

SkylineRKR

Three worst things to hear when spawning in solo from Orbit in Iron Banner:

1. "Enemy controls all zones..."
2. "Heavy ammo available..."
3. "Clink"

Number 1 is the worst. I'm like 'fuck sake'. Today I was thrown into one after winning with Mercy Rule. I think this is some sort of punishment, lol. But we actually ended up winning that one with 200 points difference as well.

Future

Uh, not sniper rifles.

Situational on some maps. The speed you can close distance and the map design lends itself to close range weapons. Aiming for the head with a snipe while dealing with flinch if you didn't position well is a lot tougher and lower tier than sprinting, blinking, jumping in and shotgunning at crazy ranges. Even sidearm fail to shotguns because of this unless in the perfect scenario where you land all shots and positioned perfectly.

Shotgun op nature resembles sunbreaker super. Just towards somebody and press attack... they are probably dead.

Deku Tree

I really home HM KF has some revives. It's probably fine up until Oryx but people still die to the ship, or to bombs, or other things... and the encounter is set up so that once people die if you have no revives then it's basically a wipe.

BraXzy

Anyone on Xbox One wanna join in on PoE farming for some Strange Coins? I'm determined to get Zhalo Supercell this weekend.

purg3

slept with Malkin

Just out of curiosity, how should it be fixed? I'm asking non-sarcastically, because I know you are really good at pvp and I watch when you stream occasionally.

I was also being facetious since Titan is my primary class and they've been bottom barrel for pvp until TTK.

No other class is invincible for the entirety of their super.

It's broken. It needs nerfed.

Hence why I said that damage resistance does need adjusted. So outside of that, what else?

Uh, not sniper rifles.

Sniper Rifles are situational. I also didn't mention Rocket Launchers or Machine Guns because similarly, they're situational.

But when we're talking about Gun Balance, Sniper Rifles rarely enter the conversation at all because they're not universally applicable.

Strider

Defender is a great PvE class and I'm ok with a particular subclass being well suited for just one of PvE or PvP given the class has other options for the opposite activity.

Hunters sit in a great spot right now for example... Gunslinger/BladeDancer for PvP and Nightstalker for PvE.

Striker is just useless all around though. Completely outclassed by Defender in PvE and SB in PvP.

E92 M3

vex hybrid pls.
CIhpfgZWwAESOWF.jpg:large

Yeah, I've always wanted that to be real! We need more crazy armor that is devoid from realty.

For instance: Maybe a Warlock chest piece that has a giant spinning orb in the torso. Crazy shit like that.

I love Halo 2's Campaign but the multiplayer is one of the worst things I've ever played. FWIW I didn't play it much in its heydey. It's trash in MCC

Man, you missed out on some of the best fun on a console. There was nothing like it back then and the ranking system was truly challenging. Was soured by cheaters in the ~40 area, but still very rewarding.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Defender is a great PvE class and I'm ok with a particular subclass being well suited for just one of PvE or PvP given the class has other options for the opposite activity.

Hunters sit in a greaty spot right now for example... Gunslinger/BladeDancer for PvP and Nightstalker for PvE.

Striker is just useless all around though. Completely outclassed by Defender in PvE and SB in PvP.

Outclassed by SB in PvE too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom