• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed. Striker is lacking considerably in the PVP scene. Defender is passable,
as long as you have Carlton taunt

No idea how to buff Striker without breaking it though.

This would please me.

You buff a subclass by buffing its kit. Gunslinger is more competitive now than it was before simply because the incendiary grenade is stronger.

Give strikers better melees or passives.

I wish there was some kind of stopping power ala Gears when sliding. Sprinting through a hail of gunfire just to slide and kill someone from 10ft+ away with a shotgun is beyond ridiculous.

This is what I was suggesting for auto rifles. They should bring players to a halt in CQB when fired full on.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Striker is just useless all around though. Completely outclassed by Defender in PvE and SB in PvP.

Yep. It's only place is beginning content. Like body slamming Sepiks Prime.

Anything hard and you're just throwing yourself into the pit to kill/wound a couple enemies then promptly become bait.
You buff a subclass by buffing its kit. Gunslinger is more competitive now than it was before simply because the incendiary grenade is stronger.

Give strikers better melees or passives.

Correct. I just have honestly not played Striker long enough to know where buffs could be applied effectively.

PuMa

Situational on some maps. The speed you can close distance and the map design lends itself to close range weapons. Aiming for the head with a snipe while dealing with flinch if you didn't position well is a lot tougher and lower tier than sprinting, blinking, jumping in and shotgunning at crazy ranges. Even sidearm fail to shotguns because of this unless in the perfect scenario where you land all shots and positioned perfectly.

Shotgun op nature resembles sunbreaker super. Just towards somebody and press attack... they are probably dead.

Sniper Rifles are situational. I also didn't mention Rocket Launchers or Machine Guns because similarly, they're situational.

But when we're talking about Gun Balance, Sniper Rifles rarely enter the conversation at all because they're not universally applicable.

Shotguns are only the current meta because 1 - They are relatively easy to use and 2 - Some of the maps have very poor overall layout design. Too many tight corridors that just beg for shotgun camping.

Sniper rifles might not be universally acceptable, but that is probably because most people suck with them. There are very few maps that I switch from my sniper to a shotgun. A lot of times, I'm getting more total kills with a Sniper than my primary in a single match. And I'm probably only an average sniper.

Tecnniqe

Banned
This raid is some bullshit. 4th clear on Titan and whilst I do have a 309 helm I have 300 mark 300 chest and 302 gauntlets. Fuck you bungie.

love_bungie-light.png

Just out of curiosity, how should it be fixed? I'm asking non-sarcastically, because I know you are really good at pvp and I watch when you stream occasionally.

I was also being facetious since Titan is my primary class and they've been bottom barrel for pvp until TTK.

Hence why I said that damage resistance does need adjusted. So outside of that, what else?

damage resistance nerf and splash damage should almost never kill a player at full shields. that way it takes skill to use the hammer for a direct hit, and they can be countered. in the same time frame. If you miss a player, you have 6 more hammers to throw.

Unstable

I'm glad. That way I wouldn't have been blinded by nostalgia. Went in thinking it was better than Halo 3 where every map was amazing and gameplay was tight.

And both of those were false.

I went into Halo 3 thinking it would carry on Halo 2's legacy.

I got the slot machine BR and bad maps.

I still think Halo 3 is the worst in the series, I still love it though.

Just out of curiosity, how should it be fixed? I'm asking non-sarcastically, because I know you are really good at pvp and I watch when you stream occasionally.

I was also being facetious since Titan is my primary class and they've been bottom barrel for pvp until TTK.

Hence why I said that damage resistance does need adjusted. So outside of that, what else?

Number of hammers per super use.

Should be 3 the same as GG.

Uh, yeah, they're not invincible. I've often died within just a few seconds of activating Sunbreaker. It's really not that bad. It's just the cool thing to complain about these days.

They pretty much are. Instant full health/shield/over shield + 6/7 spam OHK button. But yeah it ain't OP.

There's nothing cool about complaing about something that's clearly way over and above every other classes super.

It's blatantly obvious for anyone to see how OP it is.

Man, you missed out on some of the best fun on a console. There was nothing like it back then and the ranking system was truly challenging. Was soured by cheaters in the ~40 area, but still very rewarding.

I definitely recognize the ground it broke but it's still in the crater it made. Am glad MCC was not Halo 2 Anniversary like it was originally going to be since that's the game I've gotten the least playtime out of. Just don't think it's aged well as far as how the community plays its maps and gametypes.

Base gameplay is slow and inconsistent but prefer the maps.

Except that one. You all know the one.

Nostalgia has not been good for that game either.

E92 M3

I agree, Stabie, Halo 3 was not that fun for me. Some people love it, though.

I definitely recognize the ground it broke but it's still in the crater it made. Am glad MCC was not Halo 2 Anniversary like it was originally going to be since that's the game I've gotten the least playtime out of. Just don't think it's aged well as far as how the community plays its maps and gametypes.

Base gameplay is slow and inconsistent but prefer the maps.

Except that one. You all know the one.

Yes, the gameplay didn't age perfectly for today's environment, you're right. That said, I think Destiny is a fantastic evolution of Halo and Bungie still makes some of the best shooters around.

zewone

Something has always annoyed me about female titans: why do they always look like they have big wide hips? Why not scale the armor back to keep their more natural curve lines?

The raid mark that she's wearing is what's giving her the birthing hips in this photo.

I hate that mark.

I agree, Stabie, Halo 3 was not that fun for me. Some people love it, though.

Yes, the gameplay didn't age perfectly for today's environment, you're right. That said, I think Destiny is a fantastic evolution of Halo and Bungie still makes some of the best shooters around.

Destiny has spoiled me with how good it handles, but Bungie's map design....well I don't know what went wrong.

Hammer isn't, but Cauterize is.

ok the splash damage is op

Offensive power is fine but if cauterize is gonna be a factor they should have baby damage reduction. If they want damage reduction they should use sunspots or if they don't want to use supers they can have 60% faster grenade recharge while they have a full super bar.

That last column of perks is actually totally balanced but the damage reduction makes running cauterize an obvious choice when it shouldn't be.

neoism

customs was amazing in halo 3, halo 2 was nothing but glitches in pvp...
deem super bounces lol..

Uh, yeah, they're not invincible. I've often died within just a few seconds of activating Sunbreaker. It's really not that bad. It's just the cool thing to complain about these days.

That just means you activated at the wrong time. Something that will kill any class during a super, except Fist of Havoc Titans.

Shotguns are only the current meta because 1 - They are relatively easy to use and 2 - Some of the maps have very poor overall layout design. Too many tight corridors that just beg for shotgun camping.

Sniper rifles might not be universally acceptable, but that is probably because most people suck with them. There are very few maps that I switch from my sniper to a shotgun. A lot of times, I'm getting more total kills with a Sniper than my primary in a single match. And I'm probably only an average sniper.

Shotguns are the current meta because they are lethal at a long distance. When they couldn't OHK except at very close quarters, less people used them. Yes map design helps and yes they take less accuracy but they're the meta because they're strong.

Sniper Rifles are perfectly acceptable but close range sniping is a high risk/low reward option. They are situational which balances them automatically. If you get sniped all match, you're losing to their skill or you're not practicing map awareness at all. That's a far cry from losing gun fights because they have a stronger weapon loadout than you do.

zewone

customs was amazing in halo 3, halo 2 was nothing but glitches in pvp...
deem super bounces lol..

Halo 2 was the first major FPS console experience, so it gets a ton of nostalgia working in it's favor.

I played a ton of H2 at the time, but looking back on it, it's super trash and unbalanced and a glitch fest.

I did like the maps a lot though, but that could also be the rose tinted glasses talking.

MCC was/is garbage.

You can run straight towards a player, jump, activate your super, kill them and regenerate your health like it never happened.

Step up yo game

deoee

Then you just played it bad.

If you get a good super going you are invincible.
NOTHING beats your super.
Even as a bladedancer in melee range you will win as SB

Lazslo

For the next raid I would love to be on Earth- somewhere Sunny and fight Vex again, They are just a fun enemy. But shit I'll take any Raid with Natural Light in it.

flkraven

If they nerf Sunbreaker, can they buff Striker so it's useful literally anywhere? Titans only have 2 classes while everyone else gets 3.

purg3

slept with Malkin
If they nerf Sunbreaker, can they buff Striker so it's useful literally anywhere? Titans only have 2 classes while everyone else gets 3.

Exactly, nerf it to 3 hammers? lol, no. I agree with what Zoba said. It's reasonable and would be more balanced to other supers.

flkraven

OHKO shoulder charges and fists of panic aren't good enough?

A super that needs to be activated mere feet within the enemy to be of any use, and a situational melee that can only be pulled off when timed well enough within a run? Nope, they need to fastly rework this class. It's easily the worst out of the bunch for everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom