• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be fine with Hammer if it had either 2/3 the duration it has now or they got rid of the regeneration/overshield perks you can use during it. It shouldn't last longer and be more invulnerable than golden gun.

Mupod

1000 Yard Stare is high impact and high aim assist. Coming off of House of Wolves where most people switched to high impact for Trials and chased Her Benevolence for aim assist, it was logically going to be the choice. We'd see more variety if the other snipers were high impact, but everything else is Patience and Time or Praedyth tier.

There's Eirene with its luck in the chamber nonsense. I don't know if it has good aim assist or not, I guess I use sniper rifles wrong or something and they all feel the same to me.

arimanius

Well Stormcaller's super lasts too long but if we're going to keep bringing up other classes that also need fixes, we'll have to go through all 9 of them.

exactly. Everyone is focusing on sunbreakers when stormcallers and bladedancers both need to be looked at as well.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Well Stormcaller's super lasts too long but if we're going to keep bringing up other classes that also need fixes, we'll have to go through all 9 of them.

But for some reason everyone is focusing on how OP SB is.

Rubenov

1000 Yard Stare is high impact and high aim assist. Coming off of House of Wolves where most people switched to high impact for Trials and chased Her Benevolence for aim assist, it was logically going to be the choice. We'd see more variety if the other snipers were high impact, but everything else is Patience and Time or Praedyth tier.
I'm finding the raid sniper to be the most lethal (lowest zoom, fast handling and higher aim assist thatn 1kYS), but of course it can't revive snipe. I like it so much though that I'm planning on using it for Trials.

Navy Bean

Not sure why people think PvP is more balanced now. In my mind it's worse. Pulse rifles are easily the only choice. If Trials was this weekend we'd see 95% pulse rifles.

Other guns are and have always been viable in other modes of PvP but for competitive stuff there is nothing close to pulse rifles right now (maybe Tlolac).

Before 2.0 you could run top-tier HC's (TLW, Thorn), top-tier Pulse Rifles (Messnger, HP, Red Death, Juju) and the MIDA. Now, it's only pulse rifles. (Please note that I am biased and hate using pulse rifles ;).

E92 M3

That's why I'm scared to ask for nerfs. Bungie knows such thing a subtlety; Sunbreakers will be throwing burning pillows after the patch.

There's Eirene with its luck in the chamber nonsense. I don't know if it has good aim assist or not, I guess I use sniper rifles wrong or something and they all feel the same to me.

i swapped out my 1000 yard stare for one of those rare sniper rifles. At the same distance from a player (30 meters or so), the blue sniper reticle was very loose when I passed it over the player's head, meaning I had to be incredibly precise with it to track the player. WIth 1000 yard stare, the reticle magnetized to their head and slowed down, allowing me to track them better. They both had the same range and Shortgaze scope.

That's "aim assist". When I was using the Hieracon LR5 and landing headshots in rapid succession, that was all skill because the Sniper had very little aim assist. When I started using the LDR, sniping was almost twice as easy with how I could sweep headshots. I get more kills, but the sniper is doing all of the work.

And going from LDR to 1000 yard stare, the latter feels like an aimbot.

I'm finding the raid sniper to be the most lethal (lowest zoom, fast handling and higher aim assist thatn 1kYS), but of course it can't revive snipe. I like it so much though that I'm planning on using it for Trials.

Yea I got wrecked by that in that 3 hour long Skirmish game I played the other day.

BraXzy

So question...

If the hard mode gear is now capped at 320, does that mean future Exotics will potentially drop at 320 also?

Im wondering whether or not to save my engrams till next week.

zewone

I have yet to have a raid sniper drop, but I plan on checking it out simply for the fact that since high impact snipers can't down the most prevalent subclass in the game (SB), that you need two shots anyways. So a faster ROF would help.

FStop7

Banned
I guess I wouldn't mind a Cabal-focused campaign and raid simply because right now they're generic WAR MEN with Roman titles and ranks. Maybe that content would flesh them out a little.

Mupod

I've got one with Hot Swap but haven't actually leveled it - is hot swap related to aim assist in any way? Snipers are already perfectly 'accurate' but I don't know what they mean by 'accuracy' in terms of that perk.

I did notice the very short range scope and that had me interested. It also sounds cool, which is why I use Hereafter.

Not sure why people think PvP is more balanced now. In my mind it's worse. Pulse rifles are easily the only choice. If Trials was this weekend we'd see 95% pulse rifles.

Other guns are and have always been viable in other modes of PvP but for competitive stuff there is nothing close to pulse rifles right now (maybe Tlolac).

Before 2.0 you could run top-tier HC's (TLW, Thorn), top-tier Pulse Rifles (Messnger, HP, Red Death, Juju) and the MIDA. Now, it's only pulse rifles. (Please note that I am biased and hate using pulse rifles ;).

Eh, before 2.0 there was no reason to use a legendary primary, so i'll give 2.0 that.

But it's still skewed largely in favor of one archetype and pulse rifles are so much more boring than hand cannons and autos. I've disliked them since the alpha.

Strider

I doubt exotic engrams will drop at 320.

I think them making heroic gear 310+ is Bungie's way of making raid loot worthwhile.

We'll see tho

zewone

And going from LDR to 1000 yard stare, the latter feels like an aimbot.

The PVP sandbox guy at Bungie thought it was a good idea to add additional aim assist to all snipers based on the Range stat.

Sniping in TTK is so easy now, no one misses headshots. It's a joke and almost more frustrating than long range shotguns.

PuMa

Agreed. That thing is the real deal.

I don't think revive sniping will be as prominent this time around anyways since they added invulnerability frames.

Tovarisc

Melee range warlocks have, especially stormcaller, is tad too long. Reach on stormcaller melee is insane.

Stormcallers super, when using that perk, should last 1-2 seconds less imo. Now you can prowl tad too much and pick out easy solo targets. It still takes several ticks from super to kill a player during which time player and his friends can keep nuking warlock.

I main warlock and I need really good timing play with stormcaller super to get drop on enemies, and kill them before they take me down like I didn't have super on.

But for some reason everyone is focusing on how OP SB is.

If you know stormcaller has super up and call it out to your team then you just spread out tad and shoot warlock to head once with any sniper rifle. Dead warlock, got next to no kills. Sunbreaker is so much harder to counter so they get most of attention because of it.

If team doesn't react accordingly to stormcaller popping his super and stays balled up that chain lightning will devastate that ball, assuming warlock can get close enough before being killed in few hits.

You may have misunderstood. I was saying I'm getting more kills with my sniper, not killed by snipers. And the range on shotguns is part of why I said they are easier to use.

I didn't misunderstand. I'm speaking in generalities in reference to the current meta. Your specific results are anecdotal so they really can't be debated meaningfully anyways. Ease of use due to range being long is a design issue, not a player issue.

Navy Bean

Eh, before 2.0 there was no reason to use a legendary primary, so i'll give 2.0 that.

But it's still skewed largely in favor of one archetype and pulse rifles are so much more boring than hand cannons and autos. I've disliked them since the alpha.

Tbh, that's my biggest complaint... Hand cannons were just so much fun to use and I'm simply not good enough to overcome the nerf.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Melee range warlocks have, especially stormcaller, is tad too long. Reach on stormcaller melee is insane.

Stormcallers super, when using that perk, should last 1-2 seconds less imo. Now you can prowl tad too much and pick out easy solo targets. It still takes several ticks from super to kill a player during which time player and his friends can keep nuking warlock.

I main warlock and I need really good timing play with stormcaller super to get drop on enemies, and kill them before they take me down like I didn't have super on.

If you know stormcaller has super up and call it out to your team then you just spread out tad and shoot warlock to head once with any sniper rifle. Dead warlock, got next to no kills. Sunbreaker is so much harder to counter so they get most of attention because of it.

If team doesn't react accordingly to stormcaller popping his super and stays balled up that chain lightning will devastate that ball, assuming warlock can get close enough before being killed in few hits.

But the same team coordination would cripple a SB as well.

Split up and get airborne. It's incredibly difficult to get hammer kills on airborne targets.

Split up and get airborne. It's incredibly difficult to get hammer kills on airborne targets.

THIS! As a hammer bro... it's sooo hard to kill little jumping hunters when they see you and start bunny hopping everywhere. Legit easy way to evade esp. if you're blinking.

GlamFM

Banned
So what are the common defenses of the Sunbreaker super right now? Let's see:

1. You must be a salty non-Titan to care about balance.

2. Overpowered Titans are cool because they were underpowered before.

3. Hammer is not overpowered because you can run away and not respawn. You can also turn off your console to be extra sure you don't die.

These are all asinine.

No idea. Could you please hold my golden hammer with your face while i think about it?

Tovarisc

On trains that I was part of we called out all supers. Most of the time counter playing SB was hardest, even with focused fire. It just took that one proxy detonating nuke for SB to get all HP + Shields back, at which point we would need reload and he just got more free kills.

Cauterize + maxed out armor is way too powerful in PvP atm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom