• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

daedalius

They really need an exotic modeled after Halo's BR - a Pulse Rifle with Icarus and Hipfire.

Oh man, yes please.

I would legit be thrilled.

Also, totally agree about HCs and Pulses; I much prefer HCs and they are just shit now in pvp.

I just want to play pvp without bullshit. Halo is looking better and better to me despite its terrible sound design, aka every action sounds nearly as loud as gunfire.

I would like crucible more if it was just a level playing field without all of the different classes, guns, and different variables. I don't think Bungie understands the term "power weapon" any longer and the effect they have on gameplay. It's so difficult to know if you made the proper decisions because there are a million ways to instakill.

I'm beginning to feel that Bungie really kind of stumbled upon something great with Halo multiplayer and they didn't really appreciate it's elegance and simplicity. 343i doesn't really appreciate it either. Each subsequent iteration has just piled on more garbage, like adding condiments onto an expensive cut of steak, further masking the inherent fun of the game. Developers feel the need to constantly add to or change the experience, but when they add too much, it's just counterproductive.

<3 Bungie

incoherent rant over, I am headed to Ikea to practice my Scandinavian or something

Play inferno, its WAYYYY better.

deoee

25s9zEi.png

sogood.gif

I find it funny that not even with a glitch to make it infinite can Shadowshot be better than Hammer of Sol in anything that isn't Elimination. At least Shadowshot still takes more skill to aim, requires going into the menu to fire after a second time, and doesn't give you 500 HP.

You just be glad it wasn't a glitch allowing unlimited Hammers!

Hahaha can you imagine... the internet would literally implode and sink into a salty sea of hammer tears.

Tovarisc

I have a hard time understanding what is the point of putting gear in the game that can only be obtained by extreme luck or by farming a strike over and over again for hours and hours.

It makes me just stop caring about that loot.

One of those things that isn't really aimed at 1% of 1%. It's kinda thing that "normal player" doesn't know about as he most likely never reads up on datamined stuff meaning when he gets that unique item after X weeks/months it will be super cool moment. Players like us[?] want it now so we grind fuck out of strike Y, and get frustrated with unique items drop rate.

Luis_23

Anyone down to do heroic strikes? I want the imago loop. I never was blessed enough to get the fatebringer, so I'm chasing that now.

PSN Felyx

LifEndz

I'm rank 4 and have yet to get any IB gear or weapons. Anybody else having shitty luck with IB drops?

I got a 298 butt flag, but other than that it's been rares. I swear I remember legendaries just being thrown at me after almost every crucible match in HoW.

I really feel that the TTK should be doubled. The way TTK is now you barely get to use the vast majority of your class's movement capabilities (The most interesting part of the game imo) Also, spawning with special ammo is only exacerbating the problem.

TTK = Time to Kill btw

Yes. I agree. Just my two cents.

Anyone down to do heroic strikes? I want the imago loop. I never was blessed enough to get the fatebringer, so I'm chasing that now.

PSN Felyx

My stupid ass has dismantled 2 of them before i knew about strike loot and just saw another low purple handcannon... didn't even open them up and look at the perks. I know... i know... now am sad.

Unstable

Unstable pls.

They just need to lower the aim assist across the board and boost all of the weapon's hipfire and airborne accuracy. Higher time to kill with supers and this movement speed would be... well it would be Reach.

Well, Reach has better PvP than Destiny does =P

Seriously though, I agree with you. Although Bungie seems to be against that type of play.

Special needs to be much more limited, though.

So sunbreaker: it absolutely is overpowered in pvp. You're kidding yourself to say otherwise. The problem is, it's fine in pve. Who cares that we destroy adds for like 10 seconds? Cauterize and the damage resistance make sense because there are ~20 ai shooting at you, not missing. Of course, bungie refuses to balance the two game modes separately. I fear that when sunbreaker finally gets toned down, it will have been hit too hard in pve.

Regardless, here are the things I have seen that need to be changed on the pvp front for this super:

1. Damage resistance. This is pretty obvious. It has more resistance than the other supers (bladedancer, sunsinger, stormcaller) but has a ranged one-hit-kill attack. This needs to be dropped below that of bladedancers. Hell, if done right, cauterize can stick around.

2. Duration. It's something like 27 seconds without throwing a hammer. That is way too much roam time. Of course, no one will be running around for 27 seconds because they are actually throwing the hammers but still, this needs to drain much quicker. If you want to throw 7 hammers (lol wut) then you should have to throw them quickly, not have the option to wipe a team twice.

3. Blast radius. So, these hammers have fucking grenades and horseshoes. They detonate on proximity and kill in a stupidly large radius. If I'm jumping around, you should actually have to hit me with the damn thing. Things to change: remove proximity detonation, reduce lethal damage radius.

Again, I think cauterize can be alright if these other things are taken care of properly. Also, we don't want to fuck up the pve use too badly since we all know bungle won't tweak the pve and pvp use seperately.

Oh also,
DIE FROM ONE FUCKING GOLDEN GUN SHOT

That is all.

So sunbreaker: it absolutely is overpowered in pvp. You're kidding yourself to say otherwise. The problem is, it's fine in pve. Who cares that we destroy adds for like 10 seconds? Cauterize and the damage resistance make sense because there are ~20 ai shooting at you, not missing. Of course, bungie refuses to balance the two game modes separately. I fear that when sunbreaker finally gets toned down, it will have been hit too hard in pve.

Regardless, here are the things I have seen that need to be changed on the pvp front for this super:

1. Damage resistance. This is pretty obvious. It has more resistance than the other supers (bladedancer, sunsinger, stormcaller) but has a ranged one-hit-kill attack. This needs to be dropped below that of bladedancers. Hell, if done right, cauterize can stick around.

2. Duration. It's something like 27 seconds without throwing a hammer. That is way too much roam time. Of course, no one will be running around for 27 seconds because they are actually throwing the hammers but still, this needs to drain much quicker. If you want to throw 7 hammers (lol wut) then you should have to throw them quickly, not have the option to wipe a team twice.

3. Blast radius. So, these hammers have fucking grenades and horseshoes. They detonate on proximity and kill in a stupidly large radius. If I'm jumping around, you should actually have to hit me with the damn thing. Things to change: remove proximity detonation, reduce lethal damage radius.

Again, I think cauterize can be alright if these other things are taken care of properly. Also, we don't want to fuck up the pve use too badly since we all know bungle won't tweak the pve and pvp use seperately.

Oh also,
DIE FROM ONE FUCKING GOLDEN GUN SHOT

That is all.

you also get a slowclap.
jx2q9K

I'm slowly getting to the point where I could care less about the raid, or the nightfall. Haven't done either yet this week, in fact I haven't raided in weeks. The nightfall especially is straight garbage as far as loot; 3oC is a much better investment and less stressful. Oh well; the honeymoon might be over, at least until HM starts.

Totally unrelated, but damn; this Geralt and Yennefer theme has me tempted to drop TTK and pick W3 up again. That music is so good!

You hurt me just now... ;_;

I know i sorry! lol hey, i'd be happy to run non stops with you later today if you're on! That and i still want a better rolled Does Not Bow. PSN: TheCanisDirus if you wanna rock some brainless strike grindage!

On a different note...

Anybody aware of you being able to get another Spark of Light (or whatever it was called) straight to lvl 25 buff from the first Destiny Red Bull XP can you use? Guy online told me you get one for the first code you input. I not believe.

I picked up the sniper rifle from Xur. The 280 damage is enough of an improvement over my current fusion rifle to get me up to 243 light. I'm working my way up there slowly but, surely.

Disker

Thanks Bungie for putting me in matches that my team is already losing by atleast 6000 points 8 times in a row. This stupidity should not count for your win/loss ratio, even if you win.

Horrible matchmaking, at least don't drop me in a match after it happend already like 3 times.

They really need to fix this, even get dropped in 2 mercy games for some reason. Bullshit

FStop7

Banned
I picked up the sniper rifle from Xur. The 280 damage is enough of an improvement over my current fusion rifle to get me up to 243 light. I'm working my way up there slowly but, surely.

I did the same, it brought me up to 253. I ordered the Suros rocket launcher for next armsday, too. I'll infuse or shard the Hereafter when I don't need it anymore.

I wanted the Black Spindle yesterday but I didn't get home early enough to try and find a group. Next time, hopefully.

I could get behind a higher TTK in DM only modes (Trials, Elimination, Clash) as it would facilitate more gun fights and positioning and movement. Objective based modes need to stay where they are though, otherwise everything becomes rush to the objective then King of the Hill.

Not sure why people think PvP is more balanced now. In my mind it's worse. Pulse rifles are easily the only choice. If Trials was this weekend we'd see 95% pulse rifles.

Other guns are and have always been viable in other modes of PvP but for competitive stuff there is nothing close to pulse rifles right now (maybe Tlolac).

Before 2.0 you could run top-tier HC's (TLW, Thorn), top-tier Pulse Rifles (Messnger, HP, Red Death, Juju) and the MIDA. Now, it's only pulse rifles. (Please note that I am biased and hate using pulse rifles ;).

Nah.

It was 90% exotic handcannons in Trials (overwhelmingly Thorn) with a messenger or red death making a small dent, then everything else. Even then if you weren't using one of those handcannons you were at a disadvantage. There was a chart posted not too long ago.

Now it's 90% pulse rifles. Whatever. I use ARs most the time.

noomi

I took TLW out just for lulz in Mayhem Rumble earlier today, God I miss that gun.

Still did alright with it, even with it being un-leveled.

btkadams

How often is that exotic heavy fusion rifle quest going to occur? I'm bummed I missed it. I wish there was a way of getting notified. I'm not checking this thread every day unfortunately.

Unstable

Oh yeah, Titanbro myself here. Sunbro is broken as all hell. You could nerf the damage of the hammers by half and it would still be top tier.

Nerf bat inc (Bungie don't hit us hard pls)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom