• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubenov

I've got one with Hot Swap but haven't actually leveled it - is hot swap related to aim assist in any way? Snipers are already perfectly 'accurate' but I don't know what they mean by 'accuracy' in terms of that perk.

I did notice the very short range scope and that had me interested. It also sounds cool, which is why I use Hereafter.
No idea on if Hot Swap affects aim assist. Anyway, it seems aim assist levels are higher the faster the fire rate goes. Raid sniper and iron banner sniper are more of an aimbot than 1kYS.

http://db.planetdestiny.com/items/weapons/special/sniper?desc=1&sort=aim

I'm rank 4 and have yet to get any IB gear or weapons. Anybody else having shitty luck with IB drops?

I managed to get a 285 Warlock bond which is way more than I expected considering 75% of the time I get literally nothing. You know how sometimes after a match everybody gets a reward, no matter how small or useless, except for just one guy? Yeah, I'm always that guy.

E92 M3

They really need an exotic modeled after Halo's BR - a Pulse Rifle with Icarus and Hipfire.

latest

1000 Yard Stare is high impact and high aim assist. Coming off of House of Wolves where most people switched to high impact for Trials and chased Her Benevolence for aim assist, it was logically going to be the choice. We'd see more variety if the other snipers were high impact, but everything else is Patience and Time or Praedyth tier.

Sure. But there IS wiggle room with Sniper Rifles where player skill can overcome weapon strength due to the nature of Sniping. Even with that being the case my point is that people still tend to follow the path determined to be the statistical superior one.

So while right at this second people are still feeling things out to look for counter play opportunities... given time there will be a defacto best 1 or 2 specific weapons for every slot with a little variance from people who make very specific overall builds.

Kalamari

I just want to play pvp without bullshit. Halo is looking better and better to me despite its terrible sound design, aka every action sounds nearly as loud as gunfire.

I would like crucible more if it was just a level playing field without all of the different classes, guns, and different variables. I don't think Bungie understands the term "power weapon" any longer and the effect they have on gameplay. It's so difficult to know if you made the proper decisions because there are a million ways to instakill.

I'm beginning to feel that Bungie really kind of stumbled upon something great with Halo multiplayer and they didn't really appreciate it's elegance and simplicity. 343i doesn't really appreciate it either. Each subsequent iteration has just piled on more garbage, like adding condiments onto an expensive cut of steak, further masking the inherent fun of the game. Developers feel the need to constantly add to or change the experience, but when they add too much, it's just counterproductive.

<3 Bungie

incoherent rant over, I am headed to Ikea to practice my Scandinavian or something

Sure. But there IS wiggle room with Sniper Rifles where player skill can overcome weapon strength due to the nature of Sniping. Even with that being the case my point is that people still tend to follow the path determined to be the statistical superior one.

So while right at this second people are still feeling things out to look for counter play opportunities... given time there will be a defacto best 1 or 2 specific weapons for every slot with a little variance from people who make very specific overall builds.

Yea I was agreeing. The choices will be distilled after Trials.

They really need an exotic modeled after Halo's BR - a Pulse Rifle with Icarus and Hipfire.

Load up a Titan with a year 2 Bad JuJu and the Empyrean Bellicose and you've got even that beat!

Aiming weapons while in the air will hold you in place for a short time, and Orbs collected while your Super is full will recharge your melee ability and the Bad JuJu allows you to penetrate targets, have perfect hip-fire aim with the perk, never reload under non-boss circumstances and power your super ultra fast. God tier.

I just want to play pvp without bullshit. Halo is looking better and better to me despite its terrible sound design, aka every action sounds nearly as loud as gunfire.

I would like crucible more if it was just a level playing field without all of the different classes, guns, and different variables. I don't think Bungie understands the term "power weapon" any longer and the effect they have on gameplay. It's so difficult to know if you made the proper decisions because there are a million ways to instakill.

I'm beginning to feel that Bungie really kind of stumbled upon something great with Halo multiplayer and they didn't really appreciate it's elegance and simplicity. 343i doesn't really appreciate it either. Each subsequent iteration has just piled on more garbage, like adding condiments onto an expensive cut of steak, further masking the inherent fun of the game. Developers feel the need to constantly add to or change the experience, but when they add too much, it's just counterproductive.

<3 Bungie

incoherent rant over, I am headed to Ikea to practice my Scandinavian or something

Not incoherent at all. I absolutely agree.

What I love about Destiny's PvP (aside from how fucking good it handles) is that you can use whatever you want and play however you want (and also look however you want). With Halo, you all have equal starts and equal opportunities, which is fun in its own right, but it doesn't feel as personal to me in the sense that everyone is playing the exact same way with different degrees of skill. If you don't play the game that way, you're doing it wrong. When skill is the only difference between players, it starts getting dull to me. Boot up a competitive game and it's BRs everywhere with everyone moving around the map the exact same way, especially in recent years with the "two base-two tower" meta. Destiny on the other hand has people like AEGabriel who have popularized a single playstyle.

What I don't love about Destiny's PvP is that the maps are nowhere near as good as Halo's and the balance is all over the place because Bungie is actively trying to avoid making the game Halo. Honestly wouldn't be surprised if Destiny two dropped ammo crates.

Anyone know if it makes a difference whether or not I do Heroic strikes when farming for Flayer Mantles?

It doesn't. Easiest way to get strike specific loot is select the mission you want directly from the map and play over and over. At least in my experience in searching for Treads Upon Stars and Does Not Bow.

Also - Get those two weapons. Both are epic.

Load up a Titan with a year 2 Bad JuJu and the Empyrean Bellicose and you've got even that beat!

Aiming weapons while in the air will hold you in place for a short time, and Orbs collected while your Super is full will recharge your melee ability and the Bad JuJu allows you to penetrate targets, have perfect hip-fire aim with the perk, never reload under non-boss circumstances and power your super ultra fast. God tier.

Looks cool, but Bad Juju sounds like nails on chalkboard, ugh.

EL CUCO

TripleWRECK's been farming Omnigul for 2hrs now, looking for the Grasp of Malok. Both members on his fireteam already had it drop
#rekt

Seriously why bother. So done with this game. Full raid clear number 4 on Titan and all I got was;

300 chest
304 pulse

My 20 shards turned into an antiquated rune.

Deku Tree

TripleWRECK's been farming Omnigul for 2hrs now, looking for the Grasp of Malok. Both members on his fireteam already had it drop
#rekt

I have a hard time understanding what is the point of putting gear in the game that can only be obtained by extreme luck or by farming a strike over and over again for hours and hours.

It makes me just stop caring about that loot.

Looks cool, but Bad Juju sounds like nails on chalkboard, ugh.

I mean i don't "enjoy" the sound (they REALLY needed some cool sound to go with the green glow - major ball drop Bungle) but as a package... the gun is OP as fuck when it comes to PvE! Mine is only a 295 but christ it wrecked everything in the Spindle mission last night... and i didn't have to reload! Burnt through the Psions all stacked up 3 deep and none could split bc it was constantly shredding and not reloading. And because of the perks in rooms like that boss room you dont have to aim down sight and your super is constantly filled if you have high intellect.

I'm honestly surprised more people aren't in love with it and that it's not nerfed again.

#rekt

I am glad you said this so I could see that they didn't patch killing her before the final room.

Also, I have a decent Grasp, and I think it will be a monster in a top player's hands. It is a flinch machine that rewards good recoil control.

Frenden

Banned
Three matches of the same dude super glitching in a row. He couldn't even ride the top of the leaderboard. It was kinda sad. Like, that's fun?

I stayed with it just to report him once each match in case that helps flag the data.

Unstable

I really feel that the TTK should be doubled. The way TTK is now you barely get to use the vast majority of your class's movement capabilities (The most interesting part of the game imo) Also, spawning with special ammo is only exacerbating the problem.

TTK = Time to Kill btw

Strider

I mean i don't "enjoy" the sound (they REALLY needed some cool sound to go with the green glow - major ball drop Bungle) but as a package... the gun is OP as fuck when it comes to PvE! Mine is only a 295 but christ it wrecked everything in the Spindle mission last night... and i didn't have to reload! Burnt through the Psions all stacked up 3 deep and none could split bc it was constantly shredding and not reloading. And because of the perks in rooms like that boss room you dont have to aim down sight and your super is constantly filled if you have high intellect.

I'm honestly surprised more people aren't in love with it and that it's not nerfed again.

Bad JuJu is incredible right now.

It'll get nerfed for sure.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I have a hard time understanding what is the point of putting gear in the game that can only be obtained by extreme luck or by farming a strike over and over again for hours and hours.

For many folks, it does the opposite. If all loot was easy to get and everyone had what they wanted, then I wouldn't care at all about loot. It was just be a thing that everyone has, like weapon parts. But if there is rare loot that is hard to get, then it gives people something to try for. It's why people play Diablo for millions of hours.

I really feel that the TTK should be doubled. The way TTK is now you barely get to use the vast majority of your class's movement capabilities (The most interesting part of the game imo) Also, spawning with special ammo is only exacerbating the problem.

TTK = Time to Kill btw

Unstable pls.

They just need to lower the aim assist across the board and boost all of the weapon's hipfire and airborne accuracy. Higher time to kill with supers and this movement speed would be... well it would be Reach.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I'll probably never use a bad juju again simply because it's an exotic. I'd have to unequip my chaperone, which ain't gonna happen.

It gives the loot the "story" that they want. Rare drops get recognized more and tell you something about the player that has them.

Farming them endlessly for hours is not specifically intended but devs know that people will do it. The other side of the equation is not making the drops so rare.. which then makes them fodder to most people (like the majority of blue class items that everyone has had drop dozens of times).

Three matches of the same dude super glitching in a row. He couldn't even ride the top of the leaderboard. It was kinda sad. Like, that's fun?

I stayed with it just to report him once each match in case that helps flag the data.
I find it funny that not even with a glitch to make it infinite can Shadowshot be better than Hammer of Sol in anything that isn't Elimination. At least Shadowshot still takes more skill to aim, requires going into the menu to fire after a second time, and doesn't give you 500 HP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom