• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

E92 M3

1. I love you guys so much. I wish you knew how much this thread is a part of my life, and the help and answers here is just amazing.

2. Does anyone actually have the IB pulse yet? Is it worth it for the grind? Im at level 3 and I know I can make it, is it worth it?

Thank you for the kind words.

Now its...Forever slowly climbing light level one point at a time because I have to rely on higher level drops. I miss the hard numbers of Vanilla. I don't miss the hard drop off in damage when you were one light level below.

I agree hard numbers are great and Bungie needs to talk about damage drops off more because everyone on LFG still thinks 300 is needed for KF lol.

You really can't create level system with clear hard caps that players know and tell them not to worry about their level. A lots of people will want maximum level because there is hard cap level to reach and 99.9% of games give your character best performance/loot when at hard cap.

It's fine if you don't want hit hard cap with your character, but for many it's about completion of their character.

Exactly, and they should know that. A hard cap shouldn't involve RNG. I will always say that HoW had it right.

yahhhhh that's a little offsetting.

Luke was literally in here about a week ago telling us that being past light 300 absolutely did not matter..

.. and look where we are now.

I feel for the guy, though. I would never want him to stop chiming in with any kind of tidbits he'd like to share with the community.

Yeah, I think he just can't possibly know everything that happens in the studio and unfortunately he is not responsible for Destiny as a whole. That said, I'm sure he should have had some knowledge about the upcoming hard raid and our concerns.

Honestly, I don't think Bungie communicates enough. If it wasn't for him posting here we wouldn't know anything.

301-320 only matters for the Heroic Raid. Once you hit 301 you are overleveled for everything else.

Seeing as how a small percentage of people play raids.. the vast majority of people aren't going to worry about getting to 310, let alone 320.

And being 29 only mattered for the raid as well, yet people were still frustrated and Bungie hated it. Point is that the level cap should NEVER be behind RNG. Let us optimize armor and such, but actually being able to be the max needs to have a concrete path. It's not right that I need to hop for 310 boots and RNG gives me nothing or constantly getting 300 weapons.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Oooooo! Damn you work... only an hour left! But i must have strange coins! Hmmm... and i dont play PvP really... wonder if theyre wasted on PvE.

Buying them when I get home. I love playing Defender right now.

Deku Tree

301-320 only matters for the Heroic Raid. Once you hit 301 you are overleveled for everything else.

Seeing as how a small percentage of people play raids.. the vast majority of people aren't going to worry about getting to 310, let alone 320.

We haven't seen the damage curve for IB or Trials above 310.

They could have them capped with a flat curve above 310, or they could sort of shift the 310 curve to the left up to 320, or do something else.

But even with the current curve power matters (slightly) in the 301-310 range in power enabled PvP.

That's a funny thought actually

There will be a small amount of people in the Trials of Osiris able to luck into getting close to 320 light, and boy oh boy it's going to be unbalanced as fuck for everyone else.

Since it's harder, nay impossible to get to max light level WITHOUT raiding, then....lol. Trials of Osiris is fucked for people who just want to pvp.

FyreWulff

We haven't seen the damage curve for IB or Trials above 310.

They could have them capped with a flat curve above 310, or they could sort of shift the 310 curve to the left up to 320, or do something else.

But even with the current curve power matters (slightly) in the 301-310 range in power enabled PvP.

I have a feeling it's capped. Trials is recommended 290 light after all, I don't think they would recommend 290 if 320 mattered in there.

Buying them when I get home. I love playing Defender right now.

I actually do too... more than HammerBro! Defender with the Immobius shotgun with the bubble blocking a choke point... anything that enters is pulverized... or i jump out with overshields and a OHK shotgun/melee to the face piece.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

There will be a small amount of people in the Trials of Osiris able to luck into getting close to 320 light, and boy oh boy it's going to be unbalanced as fuck for everyone else.

Since it's harder, nay impossible to get to max light level WITHOUT raiding, then....lol. Trials of Osiris is fucked for people who just want to pvp.

I don't think the difference between the light levels is as pronounced as you think in PvP.

GlamFM

Banned
Seriously, why do you guys worry about LL that much?

Everything above 300 should be fine for the hard mode + 2 drops into the hard raid and almost everybody will be past 310 anyway I bet.

I feel like TTK just came out, I´m not thinking about the cap at all right now.

Kyne

plotwist.

ToO gear drops are 300-320.

faa18770-f570-0131-c0a9-0eb233c768fb.gif

E92 M3

Everything above 300 should be fine for the hard mode + 2 drops into the hard raid and almost everybody will be past 310 anyway I bet.

Because for people without groups it will be 318-320 or bust. It's damaging to the overall community. Also, those drops you speak of, most of us don't get them consistently ;).

None of us want RNG to be the main factor in leveling again. Let us max out and use RNG for optimization. The worst of Destiny is getting to the cap; that's why I am upset 310 isn't.

spyder_ur

I really don't understand people preferring the old light level/drop system or anything close to it. As someone who didn't get a piece of armor my first 8 times through VoG, it sucked. I hated being 29 and the punitive nature of it.

I vastly prefer inching the numbers up and being able to drop a light level or two to use the gear I prefer, or the option to use it for infusion without the game punishing me.

As many here have said, there is really no reason why being 300 or above even matters at this point, and we'll have to wait and see how the hard mode pans out. But I think Bungie has improved this process with every DLC release and it's worth noting that. The complaints you see here about drops here seems just a tad carping to me.

Yo LT!

Oryx will be 310. You heard it here first.

I don't actually know.

You weren't actually first, and we know you don't.

Tovarisc

Because there is clear level hard cap that you can reach so a lots of people want to reach it? If LL is weird soft cap system where there is no point to get more LL after X then Bungie really needs to communicate that, but to my eyes it's hard cap system. People, especially MMO crowd, will chase hard caps with intention of hitting them.

Whole efficiency and completion thing you know :D

I can but because we have only weekly bounties then that means I'll have to wait 3 weeks or so.

Did you run the House of Wolves quest already? That got me up to 2.5, next week will put me over Rank 3. The Wanted bounty this week gave some pretty nice rep.

Oh, and I see it's also a different shader. They really need to start adding ship shaders.

E92 M3

I really don't understand people preferring the old light level/drop system or anything close to it. As someone who didn't get a piece of armor my first 8 times through VoG, it sucked. I hated being 29 and the punitive nature of it.

I vastly prefer inching the numbers up and being able to drop a light level or two to use the gear I prefer, or the option to use it for infusion without the game punishing me.

As many here have said, there is really no reason why being 300 or above even matters at this point, and we'll have to wait and see how the hard mode pans out. But I think Bungie has improved this process with every DLC release and it's worth noting that. The complaints you see here about drops here seems just a tad carping to me.

Yo LT!

This system is better, but people still want to chase the hard cap and being delayed by RNG is frustrating. Secondly, Bungie hasn't explained the damage drop off and people on LFG still think that 300 is the minimum level needed for KF lol.

Finally beat Oryx!!! Bloody hell it took awhile, had 4 close one ones; one time my Internet screwd me and screwed up the platforms, 2 were caused by my new psn friend sam who once didn't jump on his platform in caused the relic runner to land right on an ogre and the 2nd time his shadowshot accidentally made him jump off his pillar. The fourth was the most soul-crushing we had Oryx dead to rights; all we had to do is shoot him but on the very last bomb run half the team died on bombs and didn't do enough dps to kill him. A break and a couple of more tries we finally were able to kill him!!

And shot out to Euro people; every time I play with someone across the sea is always with a group of nice people(especially British people)

Kalamari

I think that second video may have just changed my life lol. I never for one second thought of playing the class the way that guy did. He was kicking ass.

That guy is also a really good player playing against randoms, it's probably not hard for him to make any class look good under those circumstances.

GlamFM

Banned
Because for people without groups it will be 318-320 or bust. It's damaging to the overall community. Also, those drops you speak of, most of us don't get them consistently ;).

None of us want RNG to be the main factor in leveling again. Let us max out and use RNG for optimization. The worst of Destiny is getting to the cap; that's why I am upset 310 isn't.

I just helped a random LFG group to get it done and 3 of them in the 280s. Once you usual suspects have hard mode down the sherpa instincts will kick in. At least thats what I hope.

They could introduce the hard mode with a quest that grants a 320 something though, to give everyone a little bump.

Tovarisc

I just helped a random LFG group to get it done and 3 of them in the 280s. Once you usual suspects have hard mode down the sherpa instincts will kick in. At least thats what I hope.

They could introduce the hard mode with a quest that grants a 320 something though, to give everyone a little bump.

I expect Eris to have quest for HM KF that rewards 320 artifact. After all her quest is only way to get 310 one.

zewone

I wish Trials worked the way your mind thinks it does, but unfortunately, level advantage differences as so minimal they might as well not even exist.

spyder_ur

This system is better, but people still want to chase the hard cap and being delayed by RNG is frustrating. Secondly, Bungie hasn't explained the damage drop off and people on LFG still think that 300 is the minimum level needed for KF lol.

Yeah I get the urge but who here is really being delayed? It's helpful to have some perspective on that issue.

RNG is always going to play some role in Destiny I think.

I'm not sure what you mean by damage drop off. If you are above 290 (or whatever the number is) can't you do any content in the game without penalty?

Deku Tree

I expect Eris to have quest for HM KF that rewards 320 artifact. After all her quest is only way to get 310 one.

I'm guessing the last three fragments will become available in the hard raid, and somehow once you get all 50 then a quest to get a 320 artifact becomes available. Or something.

E92 M3

There will always be helpful people, but it would just suck to see general toxicity in LFG posts.

Yeah I get the urge but who here is really being delayed? It's helpful to have some perspective on that issue.

RNG is always going to play some role in Destiny I think.

I'm not sure what you mean by damage drop off. If you are above 290 (or whatever the number is) can't you do any content in the game without penalty?

I think RNG should play a role in optimization, not reaching the cap. Normally in Destiny being 1 level under granted a ~30% penalty to damage and defense. With light it's a much smoother curve, but Bungie never elaborated on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom