• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
All this talk of ships has got me wanting a change of scenery. I have my eyes set on the Hebridean Thoughtcrime, which is apparently an Iron Banner drop. Looks like I know what I'm doing this weekend.

BraXzy

After two and a half hours of level 28 PoE, I now have an extra 20 3oC's since I barely got any Strange Coins this week. Screw your nerf Bungle :3

GlamFM

Banned
There will always be helpful people, but it would just suck to see general toxicity in LFG posts.

I think RNG should play a role in optimization, not reaching the cap. Normally in Destiny being 1 level under granted a ~30% penalty to damage and defense. With light it's a much smoother curve, but Bungie never elaborated on it.

If everything was just handed to me I wouldn´t care about Destiny. It´s the carrot on a stick that keeps me going. Drop rates in Destiny are actually really high compared to other games like wow for example.

The excitement you feel when you get a 310 drop in the raid - that´s Destiny to me.

I wish Trials worked the way your mind thinks it does, but unfortunately, level advantage differences as so minimal they might as well not even exist.

You just gotta believe. Everyone, lend me your strength to make Trials obscenely unbalanced!

Lt. Dan never quits. Unless his wife needs him. Yes, we did the whole thing in about 2 1/2 hours. Would have been less but T-44 got kicked to orbit on our last bomb run a time or two before THE run.

Aw yisss

E92 M3

If everything was just handed to me I wouldn´t care about Destiny. It´s the carrot on a stick that keeps me going. Drop rates in Destiny are actually really high compared to other games like wow for example.

The excitement you feel when you get a 310 drop in the raid - that´s Destiny to me.

Yeah, I don't like chasing carrots - my favorite part of Destiny is when I'm waiting for new content and all of my characters are complete. Can play and just have fun.

Feorax

Anyone doing King's Fall soon? I'd like to pop that particular cherry.

Im up for it if we can get a group together. I have a Golgoroth CP but I dont mind doing it from the start.

Will probably need to get the group together fairly quickly though. I only have a few hours and last time it took us about 2 hours just to get 6 people.

Yeah, I don't like chasing carrots - my favorite part of Destiny is when I'm waiting for new content and all of my characters are complete. Can play and just have fun.

Best part of Destiny to me is when you're comfortable with how your character plays and you can just enjoy going through the PvP or PvE, but there's still that one thing you're chasing every week.

TTK doesn't have that for me.

GlamFM

Banned

I´m the exact opposite. Once I have everything I stop playing until there is new stuff to chase. ;)

Strider

Same. I'm that way with any game. I enjoy being maxed out and having a variety of builds I can use to just steamroll any content. I enjoy feeling OP and blasting through stuff with a group.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
WB luketenant dan.

So I think this might be releveant to discussion on the last few pages (not gonna catch up thoroughly enough to make sure) but I ran into someone in IB using The Messenger (well, an Adept one but that doesn't change its attack) which put his total light down to 290, and he was absolutely tearing people apart with it. Probably worth considering. More than one Y1 weapon likely has too much of a competitive impact but you should be able to slot one without penalty.

Also shout out to my Byronic Hero with explosive rounds, it's an incredibly fun gun to use, and was a centerpiece of my spindler runs last night.

E92 M3

Best part of Destiny to me is when you're comfortable with how your character plays and you can just enjoy going through the PvP or PvE, but there's still that one thing you're chasing every week.

TTK doesn't have that for me.

Yeah, exactly - having little things here and there. Not chasing character level, that's for sure. In HoW I enjoyed the chase for the void scout. Didn't influence my game but was a fun chase.

I´m the exact opposite. Once I have everything I stop playing until there is new stuff to chase. ;)

Yeah, I enjoy the Destiny gameplay so much that it's the only reason I've been playing everyday for over a year. If the gameplay sucked, the loot doesn't matter lol.

Kyne

WB luketenant dan.

So I think this might be releveant to discussion on the last few pages (not gonna catch up thoroughly enough to make sure) but I ran into someone in IB using The Messenger (well, an Adept one but that doesn't change its attack) which put his total light down to 290, and he was absolutely tearing people apart with it. Probably worth considering. More than one Y1 weapon likely has too much of a competitive impact but you should be able to slot one without penalty.

Also shout out to my Byronic Hero with explosive rounds, it's an incredibly fun gun to use, and was a centerpiece of my spindler runs last night.

shady an I debated maxing out LL and using a Y1 weapon that would dominate the meta (messenger/mida)..

..never put it into practice though. Apparently it works well then?

greatgeek

Banned
Im up for it if we can get a group together. I have a Golgoroth CP but I dont mind doing it from the start.

Will probably need to get the group together fairly quickly though. I only have a few hours and last time it took us about 2 hours just to get 6 people.
Yeah, my time is limited too. It would be best if we can star within the hour.

Deku Tree

WB luketenant dan.

This is weird to me.

In PvE tests have been done and the main determinant of weapon damage is the weapons attack value, not your light level.

So if a 170 attack weapon can "tear it up" in IB that means the weapon damage calculation is different in PvE or the player was just that good.

Mupod

Weird. The old iron banner ship just dropped for some dude.

I noticed I haven't seen a lot of those - I assumed that most people just don't have tastes as refined as mine and do not appreciate the space bus. Did they take it out of the IB drop tables at some point? The model is actually still messed up with missing textures/polygons etc from the back.

Tovarisc

WB luketenant dan.

I think it's tad weird that Y1 legacy weapon with 170 attack value can "tear people up" in Y2 IB where players are level 40 with ~300 LL. Really puts whole "Power matters!" argument into questionable place.

Weird. The old iron banner ship just dropped for some dude.

I got old one few days ago, never knew there was new one that looks awesome. I guess I grind IB more and hope I get that cooler ship too.

LTWood12

Woohoo, kid is sleeping. I'm in orbit.

Glam, I need to introduce you to my friend the Playstation Vita. She allows you to play destiny from any room in your house, even while holding an infant. Comes in handy at 3 am when baby will only sleep while being held and you want to give the Mrs. some rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom