• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Born2Live

Glam, I need to introduce you to my friend the Playstation Vita. She allows you to play destiny from any room in your house, even while holding an infant. Comes in handy at 3 am when baby will only sleep while being held and you want to give the Mrs. some rest.

I second this, 60% of my Destiny play time has been done on the Vita.

Ty

GlamFM

Banned
Glam, I need to introduce you to my friend the Playstation Vita. She allows you to play destiny from any room in your house, even while holding an infant. Comes in handy at 3 am when baby will only sleep while being held and you want to give the Mrs. some rest.

She's almost 4. She'd just grab the vita. Wouldn't help at all. ;)

phen0m24

Best part of Destiny to me is when you're comfortable with how your character plays and you can just enjoy going through the PvP or PvE, but there's still that one thing you're chasing every week.

TTK doesn't have that for me.

Remember how it felt when they opened up the moon for a few hours?

It felt so awesome, like you were getting away with something. Even though it was intended.

We need that magic, TG. Maybe they open a beta testing window within the game for some of us die hard weirdos. New planet. New guns. New races?

"Test our new planet. Test the gravity level. Test the pvp map. See if these enemies are challenging or are they too challenging? What do you like about the colors? What would be a fun mechanic, apart from the ones we let you mess with?"

So basically it would be fun to do a live focus/testing group and not "Hey we made a bunch of changes that break everything! Hope you like them!"

Sign me up Luke

FStop7

Banned
I got An Answering Chord in a Vanguard reward package.

The stats look half decent, though on paper the ARI-45 looks better.

Anything special about it?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
PSN community thing is wack. PSN chat group is still better.

I can't be the only person getting these weekly judgement chances. Free stuff and because of it I never had to farm.

It felt so awesome, like you were getting away with something. Even though it was intended.

We need that magic, TG. Maybe they open a beta testing window within the game for some of us die hard weirdos. New planet. New guns. New races?

"Test our new planet. Test the gravity level. Test the pvp map. See if these enemies are challenging or are they too challenging? What do you like about the colors? What would be a fun mechanic, apart from the ones we let you mess with?"

So basically it would be fun to do a live focus/testing group and not "Hey we made a bunch of changes that break everything! Hope you like them!"

Sign me up Luke

Of course I remember - i stayed on it for 24 hours, lol.

That's kinda what i'm saying. The game now is missing some of that magic.

LTWood12

Thanks Rob, Ditters, Ichabod, Grief, and T-44 for the fun raid last night. Fun group, and T-44 has evolved to Sherpa status. Flawless platforming and great at calling out instructions. Now if I could ever get him to post here...

Welcome back LT!

Yo Dave! Good to be back.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I think it's tad weird that Y1 legacy weapon with 170 attack value can "tear people up" in Y2 IB where players are level 40 with ~300 LL. Really puts whole "Power matters!" argument into questionable place.
Shrug. He was level 40 with 290. The rest of his gear was bringing his average up considerably. "Power matters" is a bit of a difficult consideration to judge objectively from the perspective of a playerbase that will rarely dip below 290 even without using their "optimal Light" gear in a mode with a minimum recommended light of 230. I encountered one player in the 240 range and one in the 250 range since the event started and they both got absolutely massacred with impunity. At the same time, small discrepancies in the power curve between high-but-not-equal-Light competitors have resulted in bizarre scenarios for me such as sticking someone with a flux grenade and it leaving them with a sliver of health, or things that I absolutely KNOW would have one-shot a Stormtrance Warlock in regular Crucible failing to do so. A few points of HP remaining at the end of an equation is the literal difference between life and death in a PvP mode where everyone dies at 0.

So I'm not sure how much more I actually want power to matter. It's kind of a dangerous thing to request in my opinion.

I was just stating that if people have a single beloved Y1 gun in general or The Messenger in particular that they can equip while remaining at or above 290 light, it's potentially worth trying. That's all.

Sign me up Luke

Not just us, but for everyone. What if the gravity generators on the Dreadnaught glitched out one day and everything was 25% gravity for the day. The lowered gravity would let you jump high enough to get to a secret room full of
weapon parts

Kalamari

Not just us, but for everyone. What if the gravity generators on the Dreadnaught glitched out one day and everything was 25% gravity for the day. The lowered gravity would let you jump high enough to get to a secret room full of
weapon parts

Whoa, all those
weapon parts
might break the game

Lnkn52

I can't be the only person getting these weekly judgement chances. Free stuff and because of it I never had to farm.

You're absolutely right. Have not checked since day 1.
I think once they add it to the App, I think it will get better.

Mupod

Huh. I didn't even think to try equipping a Y1 weapon but my other gear is high enough to offset it. Seems to go against the spirit of the event a bit but hey it's worth a try.

phen0m24

Thanks Rob, Ditters, Ichabod, Grief, and T-44 for the fun raid last night. Fun group, and T-44 has evolved to Sherpa status. Flawless platforming and great at calling out instructions. Now if I could ever get him to post here...

Yo Dave! Good to be back.

Lt Ban, Ice Cream!!

T the sherpa?
Look out Drizzy
:)

X-Frame

I feel like Bungie needs to unlock the other half of the exotic armor pieces for TTK soon. I want those Dunemarchers so badly and yet I fear I'll have to wait until December or something until they unlock them.

Ozone

I've officially given up on trying to have randoms help me finally beat a Tier 3 CoO. Either I'm with the sword waiting for people to shoot Mini Crota, or I'm taking the shield down only to have the sword person halfway across the map doing nothing.

I may need to request GAF's help later tonight. I have a quest and a bounty riding on it.

Tovarisc

Shrug. He was level 40 with 290. The rest of his gear was bringing his average up considerably. "Power matters" is a bit of a difficult consideration to judge objectively from the perspective of a playerbase that will rarely dip below 290 even without using their "optimal Light" gear in a mode with a minimum recommended light of 230. I encountered one player in the 240 range and one in the 250 range since the event started and they both got absolutely massacred with impunity. At the same time, small discrepancies in the power curve between high-but-not-equal-Light competitors have resulted in bizarre scenarios for me such as sticking someone with a flux grenade and it leaving them with a sliver of health, or things that I absolutely KNOW would have one-shot a Stormtrance Warlock in regular Crucible failing to do so. A few points of HP remaining at the end of an equation is the literal difference between life and death in a PvP mode where everyone dies at 0.

So I'm not sure how much more I actually want power to matter. It's kind of a dangerous thing to request in my opinion.

I was just stating that if people have a single beloved Y1 gun in general or The Messenger in particular that they can equip while remaining at or above 290 light, it's potentially worth trying. That's all.

I guess my point / feeling was that Bungie's secret math should do more than put certain LL's against similar LL's. Stuff like 170 attack weapons shouldn't be viable against e.g. 290+ LL people, they should be equal to nerf guns. But then I guess Bungie doesn't want make Y1 Legacy weapons obsolete so they allow old stuff to be competitive even in gamemodes like IB and ToO.

phen0m24

The Messenger in particular...

You had me at Messenger

weapon parts

No. No weapon parts for you! You will only get accelerated drops of
wormspore

Whoa, all those
weapon parts
might break the game

Exactly. No fun intended or allowed. :p

I've officially given up on trying to have randoms help me finally beat a Tier 3 CoO. Either I'm with the sword waiting for people to shoot Mini Crota, or I'm taking the shield down only to have the sword person halfway across the map doing nothing.

I may need to request GAF's help later tonight. I have a quest and a bounty riding on it.

at least you haven't gotten the people who pull out their legendary swords and try to dps him that way...

Lee

That's odd. I switched to my messenger in my first game to test out the damage drop and it wasn't putting people down like it used to. I definitely did better once I switched to Red Death/Hawksaw. The damage was definitely reduced. \

Though I also switched to my her benevolence, and it was still a one-shot headshot and was wrecking people.

Re light level:

What I would like Bungie to add in is what your equipment will be changing to when you infuse it.

It isn't random, the numbers will be there so it can't be that hard to show us what the outcome will be prior to doing so.

That's like my No.1 request.

Edit: Wlecome back LT! Didn't realise you got banned :eek:

Yeah, I think you get those once you hit rank 3 with Variks, every week on reset day. They aren't the same as the Judgement Chance that costs 1 weapon and armor core though since there is no chance for gear to drop. Once in a while I get an etheric light too (not that those are good for anything anymore).

Edit: top of the page...

Remember the time how we used to find these?

strange-coin.jpg

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
No. No weapon parts for you! You will only get accelerated drops of
wormspore

Exactly. No fun intended or allowed. :p

This weapon part situation is so much worse than I originally feared. We all joke about it but I'm not playing the game right now. Like at this moment I don't have Destiny on. Might be the first afternoon in months where I've been home and I'm not playing.
And the biggest issue I was having is that I now have 10 new weapons since Wednesday morning. And I can't infuse or level any of them up. So I can't use them at all.

I played CoO last night for an hour and got 10ish weapon parts and I broke down a bunch of year one guns but I still didn't have enough to infuse my Thread Upon Stars up to a high enough light level to use it.

Feel defeated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom