• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waldini

I really hope there is a cap, 290 would be good. That way there is no advantage between players at 300 or 306 for example.

This. 290 would be perfect. Heck, even 295 would be good enough. That way, most of the "newcomers" can play Trials of Osiris. My RNG in the Raid has been piss-poor so yea, I'm hoping for a cap. Although I could understand if there isn't one.

I'll take that top op the page, thank you!

maxresdefault.jpg

Tecnniqe

Banned
Everybody is taking about Hammer Time, but Bladedancer Blink is OP for the spark runner playing rift. I can charge into their base and blink past their whole team over and over to dunk. You can basically solo rift.

Nononono you see anything not a Titan is balanced.

Anyone up for some CoO?

Tovarisc

You have a small idea from the daily crucible. Randomness is top notch there.

I think Daily Crucible has a lots of PvE players who feel forced to do daily PvP because how limited amount sources there is for marks. Unifying marks into one type is good idea in theory, but turned out to be dick move by Bungie because to get any you need both dailies, plus pray on legendary gear drops for pity marks.

30 guaranteed marks from Heroic playlist once in a weekly reset is absolutely nothing, almost as plentiful as 10 rep from NFall clear.

Everybody is taking about Hammer Time, but Bladedancer Blink is OP for the spark runner playing rift. I can charge into their base and blink past their whole team over and over to dunk. You can basically solo rift.

I was blinking around and rekking shit up with my voidwalker before bladedancers made blinking cool.

Tovarisc

Titan hate is BS and is basically just Hunters being upset because they no longer have the best PVP class. DEAL WITH IT!

I main warlock and I'm fed up with BS that is Sunbreaker in PvP, even Bladedancer is easier to deal with and kill. Outside of stupid long melee range that warlock have we are talking about very mediocre class when it comes to supers in PvP :b

noomi

Well CoO is dead as per usual.

If anyone wanna do some Tier 2 stuff feel free to join

Not surprised to hear this. It's a great concept and a lot of fun, but once you get to level 300+ there really is no more point in running it.

Unless you need those calcified fragments, or want to farm blue engrams.

NeOak

This. 290 would be perfect. Heck, even 295 would be good enough. That way, most of the "newcomers" can play Trials of Osiris. My RNG in the Raid has been piss-poor so yea, I'm hoping for a cap. Although I could understand if there isn't one.

I'll take that top op the page, thank you!

maxresdefault.jpg
You misspelled Hunter in that pic. Wrong armor too.

It's horrible to farm heroic strikes wth. Takes so much time. I don't want the cloak meh.

You should get the strike exclusives in the 36 playlist as well. It's a much better experience.

I'm having trouble finding a good weapon for IB after TLW nerf. I'm not feeling it with HC, and my full-auto Hakke Lyudmilla isn't very stable. The Tlaloc is awesome if my super is charged, but if not it's lackluster. Hung Jurry seems PvE focused.

I'm torn between trying to run IB with Zhalo Supercell or using most of my marks to buy Y2 Bad Juju which was one of my favorite weapons last year. What will other former TLW users be using in IB?
I got the Cloak of Taniks from the level 26 version on the director. I was just using it to farm for Fallen kills on the moon too and it dropped first clear.

Llyrwenne

Unconfirmed Member
Anybody want to help me with the Nightfall on PS4? i need that fragment + Scent of the Worm so I can get to Touch of Malice.

PSN TiemenMeijer

Kalamari

The true master race will be undisputed once this week of IB and ToO ends. Salt will be everywhere.

That reminds me, I need to upload my gameplay from last IB still.

GhaleonEB

I haven't run the Nightfall yet, but for the first time since Destiny came out, I don't feel the pull to do so. The rewards the last couple weeks really burned me, and without the XP boost, I'd rather run normal strikes for a shot at their gear. NF loot really needs an overhaul. Something along the lines of 20 marks, a primary or exotic (item or engram) in the first reward slot, coins, motes, etc. in the second. Just coins, or just an engram, etc. is simply too thin for the challenge.

Nuszka

Checked this morning and I'm at the elimination part of the crucible quest line , don't really remember doing previous parts last night, think I had a wee bit to much to drink...

Tovarisc

Patrol on Venus is broken today? Where Vex and Citadel are groups of Taken keep popping into the world as immune only to despawn few seconds later, they don't move or attack.

Waldini

I haven't run the Nightfall yet, but for the first time since Destiny came out, I don't feel the pull to do so. The rewards the last couple weeks really burned me, and without the XP boost, I'd rather run normal strikes for a shot at their gear. NF loot really needs an overhaul.

Wait ... you call those things you receive at the end rewards? :eek:

I can relate to this post. The NF rewards are useless. At 300 light-level and getting a Legendary gear piece at 280? Nah. That's just wrong.

Bungie should just re-introduce the weekly and fix the Nightfall. They removed the weekly for what reason exactly? To justfiy us being OK with 12 coin NF reward?

Greenymac

Any raid groups going today? If so, please shoot me an invite. I haven't done any of this raid yet and Im about light level 287. Can I be of any help or am I underlevelled? I need to at least do some of the raid for gear as it seems Im hitting the wall with high level drops. If any of my old raid friends are around, hit me up! GreenyMac on psn.

GlamFM

Banned
I haven't run the Nightfall yet, but for the first time since Destiny came out, I don't feel the pull to do so. The rewards the last couple weeks really burned me, and without the XP boost, I'd rather run normal strikes for a shot at their gear. NF loot really needs an overhaul. Something along the lines of 20 marks, a primary or exotic (item or engram) in the first reward slot, coins, motes, etc. in the second. Just coins, or just an engram, etc. is simply too thin for the challenge.

Still don´t understand why they took out the XP boost - it took everybody by surprise - NOBODY ASKED FOR IT and it was an non issue.

makes no sense whatsoever.

Tovarisc

Still don´t understand why they took out the XP boost - it took everybody by surprise - NOBODY ASKED FOR IT and it was an non issue.

For Bungie it made sense considering in their eyes that buff was too necessary for players to get as first thing into weekly reset, yet apparently wasn't epic enough or something like they intended.

PuMa

Absolutely no reason to run NF any more. From my run this week, I got an Antiquated rune and ONE strange coin. :-(

JHall

I have tried the red death but never felt it was the right gun for me..but I will try it again thanks to this post :)

Once you get the feel for it, it's amazing. The exotic perk makes it invaluable if you get yourself caught into a 2v1 situation. Chaining kills while regenerating your health after every kill is underrated.

Waldini

The XP boost/buff was the only reason I kept playing the Nightfall. I've done 4~5 NF's right after TTK launched. Got crap rewards and gave up. There's nothing in the NF that makes me want to give it a shot.

Phew! Finished the Nightfall! That was tough! Here, here's a Rune to make up for it!
*2nd attempt*
Damn. That was hard. Tedious ... meh! Here! Here's your 280 Legendary!

Why did they remove the weekly 9 Strange Coin reward? Makes no sense to me.

LunaticPuma

dresses business casual

The nightfall is fun though. It's challenging but fair.

All of you guardians who don't play nightfall because the loot is sub-par are missing out.

Bungie has finally delivered compelling content with:
-Spindle encounter
-Nightfalls
-High level strikes like 300 light Darkblade or 41 Shank

This game really needs a nightfall strike playlist. There are finally challenging encounters in the game that test your gun skills and team work (just not quite enough).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom