• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waldini

The nightfall is fun though. It's challenging but fair.

All of you guardians who don't play nightfall because the loot is sub-par are missing out.

Bungie has finally delivered compelling content with:
-Spindle encounter
-Nightfalls
-High level strikes like 300 light Darkblade or 41 Shank

This game really needs a nightfall strike playlist. There are finally challenging encounters in the game that test your gun skills and team work (just not quite enough).

Let me put it this way.

Your reward from that tough, but fun Nightfall can be obtained 5 times when doing King's Fall.

Namikaze1

I said it yesterday when some of us were discussing this topic but they should bring back the guaranteed Strange Coins reward for Weekly Heroic and the massive rep points reward for both Nightfall and Weekly Heroic. It's gonna take new players a long ass time to reach rank 25 for faction. Hell, I probably won't see rank 25 for FWC till December or January.

Inb4 why not use motes/armor mats/ammo synths/etc
I mentioned many times why so I'm not going to repeat myself

I said it yesterday when some of us were discussing this topic but they should bring back the guaranteed Strange Coins reward for Weekly Heroic and the massive rep points reward for both Nightfall and Weekly Heroic. It's gonna take new players a long ass time to reach rank 25 for faction. Hell, I probably won't see rank 25 for FWC till December or January.

I completely agree. It took me 2 weeks to naturally upgrade a faction with my Hunter. I could get two or three a week before hand. It's absurd how slow it goes.

Greenymac

That might be a tough sell for the Oryx part, but if we can get enough people with decent load outs I think it wouldn't be too bad.

Just message me on psn. I dont mond helping where I can to learn and get loot and leaving if a higher level can come in and help for Oryx. Oh cool, says youre from Georgia, too.

Tovarisc

Iron Banner
  • Smite of Merain
  • Conspiracy Theory-D with Rangefinder
  • Thunderlord / Qullim's Terminus

Trials of Osiris
  • Smite of Merain
  • Truth

purg3

slept with Malkin
RIght now I think my IB loadout is going to be

Red Death
Eirene / Imobius
Objection IV

Still getting used to Red Death, it's tough after using nothing but TLW for the good part of a year. But when you hit that 2 burst for a kill, it's so good. Really liking my Objection roll for PvP as well, Hidden Hand/Rifled Barrel/Counterbalance. It's basically a laser beam.

Raybunny

Iron Banner
  • Smite of Merain
  • Thunderlord / Qullim's Terminus

Trials of Osiris
  • Smite of Merain
  • Truth

Today will be a pvp day. Gotta try different builds. Specially the new conspiracy I got.

Smooth Ballistics, Rangefinder, Riffled barrel and performance bonus vs chapperone vs 4th Horseman.

Skele7on

Banned
Jade Rabbit is horrible cross posting from the thread in gaming but yeah.

I tried using it in PvP it fires 0.5 seconds too slow, then you have the lovely choice of have 7 bullet or the reload speed of a tortoise.
the damage boost or whatever the hell it is doesn't help too much either in PVP,
I was getting wrecked by everyone using it, it's depressing and I wish it was like semi useful.
PLEASE MAKE NLB year two PLEAAASSEEEEEEE or a legendary that is the same, pls Bungie.

Other news I went to buy a red death, i accidentally,
(I don't know quite how I messed this up,) ended up walking away with a Suros....
Now let me sigh some and start grinding another 150 marks.

Tovarisc

Today will be a pvp day. Gotta try different builds. Specially the new conspiracy I got.

Smooth Ballistics, Rangefinder, Riffled barrel and performance bonus vs chapperone vs 4th Horseman.

I wonder how big impact it will have on effectiveness of weapons if they are 300 instead of 310. Primary is 310 and LMG's are 310 / 307, but my Conspiracy is 300 :(

Raybunny

I wonder how big impact it will have on effectiveness of weapons if they are 300 instead of 310. Primary is 310 and LMG's are 310 / 307, but my Conspiracy is 300 :(

Was wondering the same thing. Unless they add a max level cap. Aside that, I have one feeder for my Conspiracy. 307 fusion. Hope tomorrow I get a couple more so I can boost it up to a proper level.

I really hope that either IB or Trials has a good Rocket Launcher. I've only had one drop with Horse Shoes and Hand Grenades, and none with Tracking. I feel that Tracking will be the way to go since I started getting sloppy with prox det and the nerf will most likely ensure that I never kill anyone with a rocket ever again.

Omg relic crystals and void kills done. Feel like solar is going to be so much worse since don't think there is any trick like the night stalker tether for void kills.

Now to wait for armsday for the strike.

Torn between getting a raid done tomorrow night or making a start on iron banner. Don't really want to miss a full night of bounties.

Bradach

I have two 1,000 Yard Stares (both void)

Would anyone good at evaluating perks care to advise? Apart from one or two perks that I know I'm generally just confused looking at them.

a) Tier 2 - Last Resort
Tier 3 - Skip rounds / Rifled barrel / Mutiny
Tier 4 - FIREFLY (this one i know)

b) Tier 2 - Eye of the Storm
Tier 3 - Quick draw / Injection mold / Sword of Aegeus
Tier 4 - Unflinching

noomi

Checked this morning and I'm at the elimination part of the crucible quest line , don't really remember doing previous parts last night, think I had a wee bit to much to drink...

Next week I will join you in drinking festivities lol. You were having a blast haha

Absolutely no reason to run NF any more. From my run this week, I got an Antiquated rune and ONE strange coin. :-(

I've gotten 1 exotic per 3 runs each week. This week was a 310 Telesto. They're so much easier and faster that I will continue to run them.

Once you get the feel for it, it's amazing. The exotic perk makes it invaluable if you get yourself caught into a 2v1 situation. Chaining kills while regenerating your health after every kill is underrated.

I feel like I don't get the Red Death. I'm used to PRs with High Stability and it seems like you need to be head shot perfect to be successful with it. Any tips?

I agree with you 100% Nami. Not to mention, you could rank them up and get a crap package anyways. I am DO rank 26-27 and still no "Nowhere" shader or ship.

Magik

I wonder how all the light stuff will effect PVP entirely.

Will I be at a disadvantage if my gun is under 300 or will there be a cap?

What about armor if RNGesus wasn't too kind with me with my drops?

I wished we had more clarification going into IB and ToO.

Waldini

After having a 300 blue AR and a 295 Ghost drop I've gone from 297 - 299 in an hour and a bit today

The Ghost, Relic and cape are the 3 things that will hold you back.

My Titan is at light 300. I have a 290 Ghost. Done the raid 6 times (yes, not much) and never received a Kingslayer's Ghost.

Tovarisc

Was wondering the same thing. Unless they add a max level cap. Aside that, I have one feeder for my Conspiracy. 307 fusion. Hope tomorrow I get a couple more so I can boost it up to a proper level.

I'm torn. I kinda want/need do farm for 300+ specials so I can get Conspiracy up, but same time I really want play more Witcher 3 to get that wrapped up + 1st expansion.

How do you find Smite of Merain?

I have that one 310 with hand loaded and glass half full

My Merain has same perks as yours, it rips through people in 2-3 fast bursts in PvP. I prefer it over Red Death because Merain has higher stability and range making it more versatile weapon, you can more easily engage at all ranges where with Red Death you want to be a lot closer for kills.

To me Merain feels like Y1 Hawkmoon when looking at TTK and versatility in engagement ranges.

Edit:
I wonder how all the light stuff will effect PVP entirely.

Will I be at a disadvantage if my gun is under 300 or will there be a cap?

What about armor if RNGesus wasn't too kind with me with my drops?

I wished we had more clarification going into IB and ToO.

My wild guess is that IB & ToO will be balanced and capped around 300 Light, it's somewhat achievable without doing raid while playing PvP doesn't really allow you get above 300. It would make sense for those events to play around 300 Light and 300+ not giving you any extra defence and/or offence values.

LunaticPuma

dresses business casual
Let me put it this way.

Your reward from that tough, but fun Nightfall can be obtained 5 times when doing King's Fall.

But King's Fall isn't that challenging except in getting 6 people to use teamwork well and the encounters don't change.

The nightfall modifiers make you adjust your load out and tactics. I guess I'm just different in that I enjoy playing the game and using different load outs and gun skill. I really enjoyed the pre 2.0 where I had everything and could just play around. Having to re-acquire guns isn't that fun when it's farming such as ToM or swords. The Spindle encounter though was/is pure awesome.

GutZ31

So who is ready for some new dance moves?
vDNZM1D-1437408109.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom