• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GlamFM

Banned
The Ahamkara are space dragons so I don't imagine they use ships.

Ah! OK! Good to know. I got things mixed up it seems.

EDIT: Top of the page.

Titan Iron Banner gear HYPE!

S1oQ65H.png

11351005_851213541635412_1626362040_n.jpg

Destiny-TTK-The-Taken-King-Iron-Banner-October-2015.jpg

Gordon

1 hour doing CoO will boost her to 290+ with blues and she will be good for the rest of the Raid run.
If your time is limited doing that will save a lot more ( in the long run) in the raid as if she was 270.
That's what we've been doing but she's getting sick of the tiny arena lol I guess you can only spend so much time hugging those rocks at the back before you start to go a little batty. Wouldn't be so bad if randoms weren't constantly firing off tier 3s lol
I suppose that's the best course of action though - back to grinding :/ lol

Get together with 5 good players who don´t mind dragging your dead body along. ;)

Gaze holding is actually a stressful job - wouldn´t suggest doing this at her LL.
I didn't find holding that bad - as long as you're pretty focused you generally don't even take damage. Suppose it is a bit of a learning curve though, particularly if you're getting 1SK'd by the gaze orbs.

You can make 30 a day without any effort. 15 for the daily story and 15 for the daily crucible.

You don´t have to be good or win or anything in the daily - you just have to be there.

You also get marks for heroic strikes and for dismantling random legendaries.

I´m constantly at the cap for marks - it´s not that bad.

ok I dont want to do the daily PVE.
I just want to play PVP.
thats 15 marks per day.. then some random Legendary that will give you some marks..

You buy a 150 mark gun from Factions. there is no way to buy more than one item a week.

This is not really good and something Bungie needs to adress IMO

GlamFM

Banned
I just want to play PVP.
thats 15 marks per day.. then some random Legendary that will give you some marks..

You buy a 150 mark gun from Factions. there is no way to buy more than one item a week.

Oh sorry, I misread. Thought you said 100% PvE :(

Gordon

I just want to play PVP.

If you get on a roll grinding heroic strikes or something like that it's not hard to start seeing 3 or 4 legendaries an hour. If you take the time to level them (with motes, levelling spare blues at the same time for more motes) you can be clocking 20 marks/hr pretty easily. Helps if your goal isn't marks and they're just a byproduct of farming for something like the flayer cloak.

Not saying you should HAVE to run PVE but the mechanism isn't too bad there. As for PVP feeding you legendary marks, how are the legendary drops there? Maybe Bungie should throw in a buff like the vanguard streak buff for staying in PVP matches.

Hi guys, I'm thinking of doing a King's Fall run this Friday 16 October at 8:30 pm AEDT/UTC+11. The plan is to get as far as we can in a reasonable timeframe, and if we can't take out Oryx by then, continue on the next day at the same time.

Anyone interested?

1. SolicitorPirate
2. Kurumi (we had spoken verbally about this earlier, but could you please confirm?)

Shito

So I IB gear will cost legendary Marks?

Really Bungie?

If your a 100% PVP guy, how will you make enough marks?

Bungie needs to make normal PVP play give marks just as it did pre TTK
Apparently, you are supposed to get your IB and ToO gear from drops while playing those modes.
The IB gear you can buy with marks is just there as a fall back for people who were not lucky.

Either way, confirmed or not I only do Heroics now. Seem to get more legend engrams out of it.

Yeah, I've been saying the same thing to Ruthles for some time now. He keeps saying that it's just that Heroics have a higher number of enemies.

I get AT LEAST one legendary every 2 heroic strikes, but normal vanguard strikes are piss poor with legendary drops; I get maybe one legendary every 4 or 5 strikes and I've gone even longer (7 or 8 maybe) without a single legendary drop while grinding the latter on my Hunter alt when I was leveling her up.

Ikkarus

Confirmed, like most of the changes its been dressed up as to be to our benefit, where the reality is it isn't. I've got 200 marks ready to glitch in on my warlock then will get to rank 5 on my Hunter/Titan
All I hope is the armour and weapons drops between 280-310.

Call me fickle and naive though.

As for PVP feeding you legendary marks, how are the legendary drops there? Maybe Bungie should throw in a buff like the vanguard streak buff for staying in PVP matches.

Legendary drops in Crucible were nerfed considerably relative to HoW, which is unfortunate but presumably to limit Mark farming. In HoW you only needed one Matador then you could re-roll it to perfection but now we need more drops for more chances at getting a decent perk roll.

Honestly Marks aren't that important, not a ton of stuff worth buying.

GlamFM

Banned
Legendary drops in Crucible were nerfed considerably relative to HoW, which is unfortunate but presumably to limit Mark farming. In HoW you only needed one Matador then you could re-roll it to perfection but now we need more drops for more chances at getting a decent perk roll.

Honestly Marks aren't that important, not a ton of stuff worth buying.

This stuff though.... ;)

S1oQ65H.png

Yeah, I've been saying the same thing to Ruthles for some time now. He keeps saying that it's just that Heroics have a higher number of enemies.

I get AT LEAST one legendary every 2 heroic strikes, but normal vanguard strikes are piss poor with legendary drops; I get maybe one legendary every 4 or 5 strikes and I've gone even longer (7 or 8 maybe) without a single legendary drop while grinding the latter on my Hunter alt when I was leveling her up.

Legendaries are irrelevant to me. I just want the strike exclusive stuff.

Hi guys, I'm thinking of doing a King's Fall run this Friday 16 October at 8:30 pm AEDT/UTC+11. The plan is to get as far as we can in a reasonable timeframe, and if we can't take out Oryx by then, continue on the next day at the same time.

Anyone interested?

it's often best to ask people an hour or two before running the raid to jump in, max. Preferably "We're doing a raid now, get in". Friday is suuuuper far away for everyone :D

1 hour doing CoO will boost her to 290+ with blues and she will be good for the rest of the Raid run.
If your time is limited doing that will save a lot more ( in the long run) in the raid as if she was 270.

what is CoO ? , im also @ light level 270 and want to grow fast

edit --
nvm, i got it :p

Raybunny

what is CoO ? , im also @ light level 270 and want to grow fast

CoO is court of Oryx. Situated in the entrails of the dreadnought CoO is one activity that will give you fast loot. Specially if you use the runes. T3 for example can give you legendary level 300 artifact.

Another way is to do strikes. With a good team you can finish some strikes in minutes.

CoO is court of Oryx. Situated in the entrails of the dreadnought CoO is one activity that will give you fast loot. Specially if you use the runes. T3 for example can give you legendary level 300 artifact.

Another way is to do strikes. With a good team you can finish some strikes in minutes.

thank you, ill follow the same :)

Recall

I've been stuck at 279 light for 6 days now. Artifact is holding me back from a possible 283 but regardless I've had no improvement drops for my other slots either.

Raybunny

I've been stuck at 279 light for 6 days now. Artifact is holding me back from a possible 283 but regardless I've had no improvement drops for my other slots either.

Do you decode the engrams 1 by 1?

Since decoding is tied to the actual character light level, decoding engrams 1 by 1, equipping the next best item and repeating this process will level you quite fast cause of the smart decoding system up to 300.

Yah new enemy race is what I'm interested in. I imagine it'll be these guys:
I think those were the original idea for the Taken (race 5):
destinyraces.jpg

I think Cabal will be the big baddies of the next DLC/Chapter/whatever. TTK certainly set them up for it (sending a signal to the head of the Cabal in one mission - just like the Oryx mission in TDB).

Thanks for the replies guys!

Had a quick mess around with it and it does some fun actually! :D

There's something insanely satisfying about watching enemies blow up when shooting their toes.

Tovarisc

I think Cabal will be the big baddies of the next DLC/Chapter/whatever. TTK certainly set them up for it (sending a signal to the head of the Cabal in one mission - just like the Oryx mission in TDB).

Also we know that Cabal forces we are dealing with now are just small scouting party, while main force / army is still on route to our solar system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom