• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkylineRKR

Marks are easy. I skip lots of dailies (when they're regicide etc) but would still be capped weekly if I didn't infuse so much.

Play 3 heroics, play daily crucible and mission. If you're into PvP you can actually get another 30, though your team needs to win. Its 90 marks on reset day alone. You will get drops, weapons are easy to max if you have to max another slot anyway. 5 marks per dismantle. You can get 100+ on tuesday with little effort.

Truant

Me and a buddy would like to try King's Fall. We've never raided in Destiny before, but we're pretty experienced PvE'ers.

I don't know if DestinyGAF is for both US and EU? We're both Norwegian, but our english is pretty good.

EDIT: Also, did they stop giving Petra new bounties on mondays?

noomi

Can it be Tuesday yet? I want mah loot chances!

Also tried out the hawksaw this morning, the vendor one.... it's pretty good.

I think my trials loadout will be:

- Hawksaw
- Chaperone
- Some Rocker Launcher

Or!

- Suros/Hawkmoon
- Conspiracy D
- Some Rocket Launcher

Any recommendations on which rocket launcher I should purchase with my marks? Going to need something good for trials.....

Tovarisc

Me and a buddy would like to try King's Fall. We've never raided in Destiny before, but we're pretty experienced PvE'ers.

I don't know if DestinyGAF is for both US and EU? We're both Norwegian, but our english is pretty good.

Definitely for both sides of the pond, just hop on in any KF action that is happening and people seeking joiners. Tomorrow should be busy day in OT for forming raids.

regarding Trials, i'll have to know the map first.

But probably:

Touch of Malice
Conspiracy Theory
Objection IV (machinegun)

or
Suros 45
Havoc Pidgeon
Objection IV

Bradach

My raiding team spent some time on the Oryx fight for the first time over the weekend.

We understand the mechanics more or less but we could only manage to get through one full cycle before one or two of us went down eventually leading to a wipe.

It seemed to take us a long time to kill the mini oryx (or whoever he is) in the grey bubble

Any useful tips for this encounter or the Oryx part in general?

Klyka

Banned

I am from Germany and I have been playing for months with DGaf.

No complaints at all,it works really well.

Tovarisc

i would yeah, but i have no year 2 rawkit lawnchairs with tracking/proximity :(

No option to get Y2 Truth from kiosk and then farm some infusion fodder to get to at least 300 [I think 300 will be fine for IB / ToO]?

My raiding team spent some time on the Oryx fight for the first time over the weekend.

We understand the mechanics more or less but we could only manage to get through one full cycle before one or two of us went down eventually leading to a wipe.

It seemed to take us a long time to kill the mini oryx (or whoever he is) in the grey bubble

If you know mechanics of encounter, what you need to do and what spawns in to fuck with you then it's all about practice. About getting more and more familiar with all that and through that doing tasks faster.Also that hive ship that spawns in can and often tries to kill people standing on platforms so those guys need to be aware of that threat. When guy doing the jumping has done his part and jumping down to steal immortality bubble from "Mini Oryx" he should call it so people on platforms know they can jump down, and come kill that "Mini Oryx". For staggering the Oryx during his spell casting / chest glowing segment use sniper rifles and LMG's!

Raybunny

- Hawksaw
- Chaperone
- Some Rocker Launcher

Or!

- Suros/Hawkmoon
- Conspiracy D
- Some Rocket Launcher

Any recommendations on which rocket launcher I should purchase with my marks? Going to need something good for trials.....

I will go:

For IB:
The villainy
Conspiracy Theory D /Chaperone or 4th Horseman
Qullm's Terminus

For ToO:
Villainy
1000 yards
Truth

It sounds like your DPS on Oryx is not enough. Are you timing the detonation of the blights/bombs well, because that's what's doing the most damage on Oryx, ~25% per cycle.
Afaik the Echo/bubble phase only spawns that early if you don't do enough damage on Oryx.

maomaoIYP

- Hawksaw
- Chaperone
- Some Rocker Launcher

Or!

- Suros/Hawkmoon
- Conspiracy D
- Some Rocket Launcher

Y2 truth, there is no comparison. It is the best RL bar none for PvP right now.
The Vertigo is good, but with 2 rockets, it doesn't cut it.

Bradach

It sounds like your DPS on Oryx is not enough. Are you timing the detonation of the blights/bombs well, because that's what's doing the most damage on Oryx, ~25% per cycle.
Afaik the Echo/bubble phase only spawns that early if you don't do enough damage on Oryx.

Initially we weren't staggering oryx so we all switched to heavy and that seemed to work. Our timing could be better on the bombs, i think we got 3 timed right and one a bit later so I'll tell them to work on that.

What do you use on the mini oryx in the grey bubble? He seemed really tough and we seemed to be beamed in slowly one at a time.

(we're all min 295 with a couple of 303's btw)

noomi

i would yeah, but i have no year 2 rawkit lawnchairs with tracking/proximity :(

I will go:

For IB:
The villainy
Conspiracy Theory D /Chaperone or 4th Horseman
Qullm's Terminus

For ToO:
Villainy
1000 yards
Truth

Y2 truth, there is no comparison. It is the best RL bar none for PvP right now.
The Vertigo is good, but with 2 rockets, it doesn't cut it.

Oh damn! I totally forgot about the truth! Well, I have about 50 marks now, in a few days I should have enough to purchase either the y2 truth or the FWC rocket launcher that ruthless was just telling me about....

Decisions decisions!

Tovarisc

Initially we weren't staggering oryx so we all switched to heavy and that seemed to work. Our timing could be better on the bombs, i think we got 3 timed right and one a bit later so I'll tell them to work on that.

What do you use on the mini oryx in the grey bubble? He seemed really tough and we seemed to be beamed in slowly one at a time.

When jumper has gotten his buff that allows him to steal immortality bubble from Mini Oryx have him call coming down out, e.g. "I'm jumping down". That is trigger phrase for people standing on platforms to jump down and come in straight line towards Mini Oryx, blasting his ass to hell. When people just have that "Now!" trigger whole raid will show up at Mini Oryx in no time and it will die even faster.

To slow Mini Oryx movement down just bodyblock and melee it [e.g. run against his direction, pushing him, and give extra shove with one melee strike], makes it easier for people to land hits when he isn't running towards in full speed.

edit: Hot damn I have issue with comprehending read text <.< You meant Dark Souls phase.... yeah... I didn't post this message...

This is all from my personal experience and possibly not the best way, but here goes:

I assume that there are no Touch of Malices involved, so for staggering a bubble with Weapons of Light might help out paired with a 1000-Yard Stare or any similar sniper (heavy if needed). If you time the detonation of the blights right it will take ~25% of his health. That Echo of Oryx/bubble phase will spawn after 2 successful cycles. We usually use snipers/heavy on the Echo, sometimes with WoL, however the bubble can get in the way so you might want to avoid that. People that have not been teleported into the bubble yet should focus on the adds spawning left and right of the bubble. This will prevent them from coming into the bubble, so that you can focus on taking down the Echo.

When jumper has gotten his buff that allows him to steal immortality bubble from Mini Oryx have him call coming down out, e.g. "I'm jumping down". That is trigger phrase for people standing on platforms to jump down and come in straight line towards Mini Oryx, blasting his ass to hell. When people just have that "Now!" trigger whole raid will show up at Mini Oryx in no time and it will die even faster.

To slow Mini Oryx movement down just bodyblock and melee it [e.g. run against his direction, pushing him, and give extra shove with one melee strike], makes it easier for people to land hits when he isn't running towards in full speed.

I think that he refers to the Echo as Mini Oryx, but this is good advice of course for taking down the Vessel of Oryx/Knight.

noomi

It's horrible to farm heroic strikes wth. Takes so much time. I don't want the cloak meh.

I was speaking with Bitsurugi yesterday and we decided to wait for Dust Palace to become the Nightfall, then we will farm the shit out of it for cloaks.

8/10 Relic Crystals. Going slightly insane now at 176 relic iron. Good thing its dinner time, much needed break.

Void kills even using The Dark Beyond mission doesn't sound fun but at least it's not RNG based -.-

edit: Hot damn I have issue with comprehending read text <.< You meant Dark Souls phase.... yeah... I didn't post this message...

You're talking about the wrong part. That's the vessel, who I imagine the team is having no trouble with. He's talking about the shadow or echo or whatever it's called that teleports you. For that, if a Titan gets teleported drop weapons of light. If a hunter is in try to tether the echo when he comes in to do the sword slam. That will stun him for a few seconds allowing for more dps. If a warlock is in then pop your lightning super because it goes through the mist and you can just continuously damage him. In general, everyone should have their snipers out, getting crit shots on him. You can call out which direction he is moving too. He leaves a trail behind him to let you know where he moved to.

Tovarisc

I think that he refers to the Echo as Mini Oryx, but this is good advice of course for taking down the Vessel of Oryx/Knight.

Yeah it clicked when I read your reply, my brain totally failed to make connection there and kept telling me he means Vessel because dome around Vessel is gray-ish. Doesn't help that for longest time my group called it Mini Oryx <.<

I need more coffee.

Also we know that Cabal forces we are dealing with now are just small scouting party, while main force / army is still on route to our solar system.
Wow really? Ha, the Sol System is fucked.
Wouldnt be surprised if that's how they facilitate Year 2 to Year 3 - Sol gets destroyed and we have to move to a new system.

It's horrible to farm heroic strikes wth. Takes so much time. I don't want the cloak meh.

You should get the strike exclusives in the 36 playlist as well. It's a much better experience.

I'm having trouble finding a good weapon for IB after TLW nerf. I'm not feeling it with HC, and my full-auto Hakke Lyudmilla isn't very stable. The Tlaloc is awesome if my super is charged, but if not it's lackluster. Hung Jurry seems PvE focused.

I'm torn between trying to run IB with Zhalo Supercell or using most of my marks to buy Y2 Bad Juju which was one of my favorite weapons last year. What will other former TLW users be using in IB?

tumblr-mywtmjudw51r6fs8eo2-500-812003.gif
cant even farm for ToM aka find the fragments.

You should get the strike exclusives in the 36 playlist as well. It's a much better experience.

I'm having trouble finding a good weapon for IB after TLW nerf. I'm not feeling it with HC, and my full-auto Hakke Lyudmilla isn't very stable. The Tlaloc is awesome if my super is charged, but if not it's lackluster. Hung Jurry seems PvE focused.

I'm torn between trying to run IB with Zhalo Supercell or using most of my marks to buy Y2 Bad Juju which was one of my favorite weapons last year. What will other former TLW users be using in IB?

Red death is my go too weapon at the moment, but i'm not happy with it.
I prefer a nice legendary as primary as i love 4th horseman as back up.

Yeah it clicked when I read your reply, my brain totally failed to make connection there and kept telling me he means Vessel because dome around Vessel is gray-ish. Doesn't help that for longest time my group called it Mini Oryx <.<

I need more coffee.

Lol, no worries. At first I was thinking of that Knight as well, as he said they could go through one successful cycle. But the "getting beamed in slowly one by one" made me realize it was probably the Echo. Maybe with all the advice going around, they will be able to tie it together. Once a group finds their rhythm, Oryx is a super easy fight.

Bradach

My fault, I should have been clearer. I did mean the echo. but that is a good tip on the vessel. Will definately give him a punch later :)

This is all from my personal experience and possibly not the best way, but here goes:

I assume that there are no Touch of Malices involved, so for staggering a bubble with Weapons of Light might help out paired with a 1000-Yard Stare or any similar sniper (heavy if needed). If you time the detonation of the blights right it will take ~25% of his health. That Echo of Oryx/bubble phase will spawn after 2 successful cycles. We usually use snipers/heavy on the Echo, sometimes with WoL, however the bubble can get in the way so you might want to avoid that. People that have not been teleported into the bubble yet should focus on the adds spawning left and right of the bubble. This will prevent them from coming into the bubble, so that you can focus on taking down the Echo.

You're talking about the wrong part. That's the vessel, who I imagine the team is having no trouble with. He's talking about the shadow or echo or whatever it's called that teleports you. For that, if a Titan gets teleported drop weapons of light. If a hunter is in try to tether the echo when he comes in to do the sword slam. That will stun him for a few seconds allowing for more dps. If a warlock is in then pop your lightning super because it goes through the mist and you can just continuously damage him. In general, everyone should have their snipers out, getting crit shots on him. You can call out which direction he is moving too. He leaves a trail behind him to let you know where he moved to.

Thanks Lads, we must have gotten 2 cycles in then, that's a bit better than I though.

I'll tell the team to use the supers on the Echo later combined with heavy / snipers.

I am doing well with my Last word still, hip fire is where its at with smooth ballistics.

around 20 kills per game +-

The kill time is still really good and I feel I can dominate mid range and paired with a sniper its great.

Tecnniqe

Banned
310 Red Death or 310 Juju, i have no idea.

Red Death got more impact and the nice heal/reload perk.
Good start with Juju and its hammer time.

What to do, what to dooo.

Might go with:
Red Death
1000y
Barons Ambition

and rock the Saint-14 as Sunbreak cause fuck perks, its all about the style.

Tovarisc

Wow really? Ha, the Sol System is fucked.
Wouldnt be surprised if that's how they facilitate Year 2 to Year 3 - Sol gets destroyed and we have to move to a new system.

I have tried to find where I heard/read about purpose of Cabal forces in our system. My memory tells me it was game and/or grimoire implying that we are just dealing with scouting force while actual fighting force is still on route.

"Our assaults on Cabal leadership in-system has had a devastating impact. The Skyburner's Primus, his bond-brothers, Valus Ta'aurc, Valus Trau'ug, Primus Sha'aull, and a smattering of lesser Vals and Bracuses... all dead or on the run, all thanks to us.

In short, I believe your supposition is correct. The Empire will have no choice but to respond."

http://www.ishtar-collective.net/cards/cabal-champions

http://www.ishtar-collective.net/cards/ghost-fragment-cabal-4 is also interesting read about how Cabal is reacting to guardians and dead persons paired to guardians. Also makes it rather clear why Cabal is in dreadnaught.

noomi

I imagine that the first round of post TTK Trials this week will be full of new players, much like when trials was first introduced.

The "not-so-good" players will then slowly weed out and we will be left with the better players over the course of the next few weeks.

Will be interesting to see what all these new players are using.

Waldini

I imagine that the first round of post TTK Trials this week will be full of new players, much like when trials was first introduced.

The "not-so-good" players will then slowly weed out and we will be left with the better players over the course of the next few weeks.

Still have a feeling the ToO cap will be 290 light. We'll see. Can't wait to start Trials again though! Here's hopign the armor/weapons have been refreshed like Iron Banner.

... quick question GAF ... how does this "finish-all-swords-at-once" thing work? :eek:

Raybunny

You have a small idea from the daily crucible. Randomness is top notch there.

Jafku

Still have a feeling the ToO cap will be 290 light. We'll see. Can't wait to start Trials again though! Here's hopign the armor/weapons have been refreshed like Iron Banner.

... quick question GAF ... how does this "finish-all-swords-at-once" thing work? :eek:
Do the exotic sword ques on your main character. Then get the legendary swords onyour other characters and then transfer the swords to your main. Level the swords up to 280 and get all the upgrades. The quest will unlock on your main character and you skip the pvp part of the quest

noomi

I really hope there is a cap, 290 would be good. That way there is no advantage between players at 300 or 306 for example.

You have a small idea from the daily crucible. Randomness is top notch there.

Exactly haha, the daily crucible is always a breeze :D

Deku Tree

Everybody is taking about Hammer Time, but Bladedancer Blink is OP for the spark runner playing rift. I can charge into their base and blink past their whole team over and over to dunk. You can basically solo rift.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom