• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raybunny

I'm torn. I kinda want/need do farm for 300+ specials so I can get Conspiracy up, but same time I really want play more Witcher 3 to get that wrapped up + 1st expansion.

I would focus on The Witcher. For secondary you got the raid. Raid take 1h/1h30 +/- each run. So 3/4 hours of raiding per week is enough. Investing hours on strike farming for exotic engrams is bad, imagine farming for only secondary...

phen0m24

Ok so I got the 8 million solar kills done.
71% of arc kills

What do the strikes look like for the exotic swords? solar/arc

So who is ready for some new dance moves?
vDNZM1D-1437408109.gif

I'm ready, but it just won't be the same unless I can get a big smile painted on my helmets.

Edit:

Have they nerfed Three of Coins again? I've used 16 now and no drops.

Just go to Draksis. You'll get one after 4 coins tops. I'm convinced that the timer is only for the first pop after getting an exotic, and then the stacking begins. So if you've done a bunch of strikes, then do Draksis, your timer is golden from doing strikes...so now you are just stacking when doing the deed.

JHall

I feel like I don't get the Red Death. I'm used to PRs with High Stability and it seems like you need to be head shot perfect to be successful with it. Any tips?

I run it with aggressive ballistics, more impact the better. Since high caliber rounds no longer add additional impact, I've switched to sling for faster strafing. My tip is to aim for the chest not the head. The guns recoil is normally straight up, if aimed at the chest the shots will connect with the head. Leading to two bursts if the enemy is running low armor, which no one should be doing imo.

Tovarisc

I would focus on The Witcher. For secondary you got the raid. Raid take 1h/1h30 +/- each run. So 3/4 hours of raiding per week is enough. Investing hours on strike farming for exotic engrams is bad, imagine farming for only secondary...

My thinking too. Farming strikes in hopes of 300+ specials... yeaaaah about that... Well tomorrow at least 2 raids and 3 Nightfalls before IB starts, hopefully I luck out.

I run it with aggressive ballistics, more impact the better. Since high caliber rounds no longer add additional impact, I've switched to sling for faster strafing. My tip is to aim for the chest not the head. The guns recoil is normally straight up, if aimed at the chest the shots will connect with the head. Leading to two bursts if the enemy is running low armor, which no one should be doing imo.

Thanks for the tips. I'll give it a try tonight. I want so badly to be good with the Red Death. Hopefully, with a little work, I can make it happen.

Just go to Draksis. You'll get one after 4 coins tops. I'm convinced that the timer is only for the first pop after getting an exotic, and then the stacking begins. So if you've done a bunch of strikes, then do Draksis, your timer is golden from doing strikes...so now you are just stacking when doing the deed.

Im intrigued... i too just wasted 20 something ToC for 2 exotic engrams this weekend. I just grinded back to back strikes 10-15mins each... popped a ToC each time right in the middle of the strike... got shafted with those 2 drops.

If i visit Draksis do i wait after each kill? Spawn at the door... wait X-minutes pop a ToC... go in an kill and repeat?

I need me some exotic

I definitely need a break from this game. I will get everything done down to the exotic sword on Titan done by end of weekend. Then I'm working away for 4 weeks straight and only back for weekends so gaming time will be cut right back. Probably for the best for a little while anyway. Probably just prioritise two raids and either nightfall or gunsmith weapons and that's about it until I'm back to my normal schedule.

P.S - before any comments I am somewhat OCD and list everything I do in gaming and also work etc, even hours work, otherwise I wrack my brain thinking about how I want to tackle things.

Edit: on mobile. Nfi if that worked properly and how it's sized it lol.

I definitely need a break from this game. I will get everything done down to the exotic sword on Titan done by end of weekend. Then I'm working away for 4 weeks straight and only back for weekends so gaming time will be cut write back. Probably for the best for a little while anyway. Probably just prioritise two raids and either nightfall or gunsmith weapons and that's about it until I'm back to my normal schedule.

P.S - before any comments I am somewhat OCD and list everything I do in gaming and also work etc, even hours work, otherwise I wrack my brain thinking about how I want to tackle things.

Edit: on mobile. Nfi if that worked properly and how it's sized it lol.

No shame man. I do the same. I drop some notes on reset and check stuff off my list as I complete them. It's the burden of having more than 1 toon + being an adult with other demands.

Deku Tree

So Reddit says that you can earn a lot of glimmer and motes by collecting a full set of blues, and leveling them the minnimum needed with motes, and then dismantling them, instead of just dismantling them right away... Seems like too much to think about.

Luis_23

Ok so I got the 8 million solar kills done.
71% of arc kills

What do the strikes look like for the exotic swords? solar/arc
I just finished with the farming... If you need someone for the strike I need the arc.
Edit: nevermind I have to wait for armsday delivery :(

PuMa

So Reddit says that you can earn a lot of glimmer and motes by collecting a full set of blues, and leveling them the minnimum needed with motes, and then dismantling them, instead of just dismantling them right away... Seems like too much to think about.
Yeah I read half of that post and was like, screw all this noise. I already have glimmer and motes for days.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Every time I play PvP, I can't believe that more folks aren't worshiping at the alter of the Chaperone. They will, though. They all will.

maomaoIYP

But what is the minimum needed? Is it about half?

Tovarisc

Every time I play PvP, I can't believe that more folks aren't worshiping at the alter of the Chaperone. They will, though. They all will.

I'm yet to see Chaperone player who actually went for headshots, they all spam bodyshots. Or they try to spam bodyshots, but then my Conspiracy puts them down in single hit.

JHall

Thanks for the tips. I'll give it a try tonight. I want so badly to be good with the Red Death. Hopefully, with a little work, I can make it happen.

Took me about two weeks to get the handle of it since I was using the Last Word exclusively for nearly 8 month.
Goodnight, sweet prince

commish

I'm yet to see Chaperone player who actually went for headshots, they all spam bodyshots. Or they try to spam bodyshots, but then my Conspiracy puts them down in single hit.

There's definitely a learning curve, but people will learn. It should win 1v1 against any other shotgun, esp after the upcoming nerf. Of course, I don't mean those times when you turn a corner and get a shotgun in your chest. Can't help with that.

I'm torn. I kinda want/need do farm for 300+ specials so I can get Conspiracy up, but same time I really want play more Witcher 3 to get that wrapped up + 1st expansion.

My Merain has same perks as yours, it rips through people in 2-3 fast bursts in PvP. I prefer it over Red Death because Merain has higher stability and range making it more versatile weapon, you can more easily engage at all ranges where with Red Death you want to be a lot closer for kills.

To me Merain feels like Y1 Hawkmoon when looking at TTK and versatility in engagement ranges.

Edit:

Will try it in PVP tonight! sounds great.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Took me about two weeks to get the handle of it since I was using the Last Word exclusively for nearly 8 month.
Goodnight, sweet prince

This is the position I'm in now. I don't know how to use other primaries in PvP lol. :\

Tovarisc

There's definitely a learning curve, but people will learn. It should win 1v1 against any other shotgun, esp after the upcoming nerf. Of course, I don't mean those times when you turn a corner and get a shotgun in your chest. Can't help with that.

Nerf that only affect legacy shotties from Y1, stuff like Conspiracy with rangefinder perk will be unaffected by this nerf.

Smooth Ballistics, Rangefinder and Rifled Barrel, talk about sniper with shotgun model.

Im intrigued... i too just wasted 20 something ToC for 2 exotic engrams this weekend. I just grinded back to back strikes 10-15mins each... popped a ToC each time right in the middle of the strike... got shafted with those 2 drops.

If i visit Draksis do i wait after each kill? Spawn at the door... wait X-minutes pop a ToC... go in an kill and repeat?

I need me some exotic

No need to wait. Just pop them like candy. I'll almost always get one by the third kill, and at this point I get annoyed if it isn't by the second kill. I've never had to do more than 4.

Have they nerfed Three of Coins again? I've used 16 now and no drops.

I have stopped using them during strikes. Draksis for some reason drops them consistently at 4 or 5 coin mark and never more than 7. Just make sure you enter the room every 10 min, and go back to tower as soon as you get one to decrypt it, then come back and continue.

Anyone doing the beginning of the raid? Never done it and Im needing gear to get past 287 light.

Would love to help you out greeny, but I am busy today till the afternoon :/ if you are around this afternoon and I am available be glad to run the raid with you. Just like old times :p

edit: I lied will be internet less for a few days starting this afternoon..

Raybunny

Nerf that only affect legacy shotties from Y1, stuff like Conspiracy with rangefinder perk will be unaffected by this nerf.

Smooth Ballistics, Rangefinder and Rifled Barrel, talk about sniper with shotgun model.

The roll!

keep-calm-and-kappa--50.png

I am very impressed by the amount of effort that went into that, but holy shit that is a lot of micromanagement.

Indeed it is. Though after a couple of times it comes naturally.

I'm thinking about doing the Void sword with my Titan, am I crazy?

I did all the swords on the titan. HAMMERFIST!

No need to wait. Just pop them like candy. I'll almost always get one by the third kill, and at this point I get annoyed if it isn't by the second kill. I've never had to do more than 4.

Wait... what!? lol

I didn't even get them that rate on that first weekend! Seriously, just keep farming him as per week one? Pop ToC, rush in kill some adds for ammo, kill Mr. D and respawn right away and keep going?

Homeboyd

I did it, intentionally. I managed to do it faster than my solar sword on my titan too.

The Dark Beyond, Monte Carlo, Armamentarium, rush mobs throw grenade at the bottom of the stairs, melee, melee, melee, shoot monte to refill, wipe. Repeat again with 2nd grenade.

It was no problem at all.

Apparently rangefinder only adds like 5% to shotgun range now. It was nerfed from 20% a while back

commish

Yeah, don't do it. I mean, it's not so bad because you can just go into mayhem and spam grenades everywhere. But arc or solar is just a lot easier.

Y1 shotties are mostly what I face. I guess we'll see about the new shotties this week. Never came across a shotgun with smooth ballistics, rangefinder and rifled barrel, but it doesn't sound good for my guardian's health.

Hahaha you will be joining me :p. But its doable, i did two swords (including void) in about 5hrs. Just load up the "We've woken the hive mission" and go to town with your grenade, also helps if you running armamentarium.

Greenymac

Would love to help you out greeny, but I am busy today till the afternoon :/ if you are around this afternoon and I am available be glad to run the raid with you. Just like old times :p

edit: I lied will be internet less for a few days starting this afternoon..

Im around all day, sucks about your internet!

Raybunny

Hahaha you will be joining me :p. But its doable, i did two swords (including void) in about 5hrs. Just load up the "We've woken the hive mission" and go to town with your grenade, also helps if you running armamentarium.

Don't forget a monte carlo. Can be Y1. Got a chance to reset your melees upon damage dealt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom