• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unstable

I have the vendor roll. Rank 5s and all that. Playing like shit with it. The slower RoF, higher impact pulses are the only ones I ever liked.

It doesn't seem to matter much--I'm just sucking across the board. Not even feeling super pumped about firing Destiny up between the weapon parts and the 2.0 hand cannon changes. I am at an all time low on my personal Destiny sine wave. Thoughts of quitting for a while. Going from consistent top of the leaderboard matches to consistent bottom of the leaderboard matches has me pretty bummed.
Don't sweat it man. We all have our rough patches. If you're not feeling Destiny right now take a little break. Play some other games for awhile, eventually the itch to play will return, and Destiny will feel like a new game.

Bungie should really just rename Control to 'Alone at B'. Cause that's the defining experience you'll have in that mode if you don't run with a full team.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
How are you guys having been problems with weapon parts? I stil have like 1500 total....

Granted if you started with TTK I can see that issue.

Just go grind strikes for awhile like the old armor material days.

I have 2700 hours in the game and have less than 25 weapon parts.
I rerolled a lot of weapons in HoW and have infused many many weapons since TTK came out.
I was not having the same issues with lack of weapon parts at this time last week.

Deku Tree

This happens to me almost everytime I look at it..how many people do you have on your friend's list? ruthless and I have atleast 575+ and it occurs with us very often.

I used to have a FL like that and it happened all the time to me. Last week I cut my FL down to under 400, and it hasn't happened since then.

KodaRuss

Bungie should really just rename Control to 'Alone at B'. Cause that's the defining experience you'll have in that mode if you don't run with a full team.

It is so frustrating when you get a group like that. The fact that some people have still not figured out that having two nodes and defending them is the way to win Control is kind of depressing.

Silvard

I think I may be on the other side of the fence compared to many members of DGaf. I absolutely love the way that progression and loot works in this game. Maybe it is because I come from a strong MMO background, but I see this formula being much more forgiving than most MMORPGs.

First is the Pre-raid endgame. The way decrypting works along side of the amount of blues, marks, and exotic engrams you find doing Pre-raid content is far superior than the standard farm boss for a single piece of loot your class needs from their respective loot table. This makes all strikes, quests, and material farming a viable option to gear up your item level to be ready for the raid.

Raid endgame is also superior to most MMORPGs. Bosses have loot tables but they do not have a defined number of items they will drop. Moldering shard mechanics allow for a guaranteed drop each week, and exotics can now roll at item level cap.

Hard mode raid sounds no different from most other endgame raids. Slow progression through content based on item level walls. This is something I like, bashing my head against a fight because I do not over level the content and have to play perfectly.

All my own opinions here and they are not meant to demean the opinions of otheres.

TLDR - Destiny's item level progression is far superior than other gamed that share the same archetype.

Even WoW has things such as discrete item levels on drops and reroll tokens and smart loot and whatnot. I wholeheartedly disagree, this is one of the least satisfying system I've experienced and I consider myself an MMO enthusiast.

The progression prior to the raid is fine, having RNG inside RNG inside RNG for the endgame loot and light level cap is trash and really disheartening.

PS. Shards don't guarantee anything, you can walk out of an Oryx fight with only 2 shards.

Even WoW has things such as discrete item levels on drops and reroll tokens and smart loot and whatnot. I wholeheartedly disagree, this is one of the least satisfying system I've experienced and I consider myself an MMO enthusiast.

The progression prior to the raid is fine, having RNG inside RNG inside RNG for the endgame loot and light level cap is trash and really disheartening.

PS. Shards don't guarantee anything, you can walk out of an Oryx fight with only 2 shards.

RNG on Light Level + RNG on perks + RNG on stats + RNG to drop for single raid gear with no chance of reroll is really the worst thing I ever experienced so far in Destiny, next week Bungie would announce the reforge feature and people will praise them ignoring it was a huge bad move on first place.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I would do a raid, but I have not done KF (have done VoG & Crota). 290 hunter. Psn Patatatinahat

I can raid. 303 titan

casmith7509

In like sin to Raid!

I'd be up for either. Never did the new raid before though.

LL 303 Titan looking to raid. Holler if you have a spot.

I should warn I am a little drunk.
PSN is not cooperating so please send me a FR and join my fireteam if you can

Rank 5 finally, that last win took so long. It put me in 4 impossible games to win in progress in a row. I don't want to be put into a game in progress for fuck sake.

Back to PvE content I go.

How are you guys having been problems with weapon parts? I stil have like 1500 total....

Granted if you started with TTK I can see that issue.

Just go grind strikes for awhile like the old armor material days.

Not salty anymore, just think it's funny at this point, but since you asked:

bHmLNrn.png

todd360

I think I might stop once I get to rank 4. I love my suros pulse and I doubt the rank 5 pulse is as good as what I already have. I do want the side arm just to try it at the very least. Want the legs as well because armor.

Strong disagreements with Raid Progression Systems aside, I am looking to raid King's Fall later tonight, around say 9-10pm ET.

302 Defender, whole raid twice, early bosses several more times than that.

Tsosie

I understand where the disagreement comes from. Varying ilvls in the raid is certainly an unusual choice. Like I said, just a peronal opinion. I enjoy the differing perks that can drop on gear, it often reminds me to try a different weapon or build.

Once you get a ddrop from a raid boss in other MMOs, you tend to have little reason to kill that boss again. This system allows you to kill over and over for new perks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom