• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mindlog

Really not just one more person who wants to come for a fresh kings fall raid? :p

1 Me
2 Bogeypop
3 Tovarisc
4 Kilau
5 MikeGaum1984
Yeah, sorry about that. Thought your group was full.
Can't back out on Mandrake now though :]

Three more raiders GAF. Where you at?

Highwind

Honestly I think I prefer the machine guns in PVP over my Arc Exotic Sword.

I've gotten so many kills with the ruin wake is unbelievable.

Also....Oh my god.

An Answering Chord is a beast.

Used with a Machine Gun I've made up for my completely terrible play yesterday.

Think I found my perfect gun.

Brizzo24

Hello!

I recently purchased the Destiny Bundle PS4. After DLing and installing the appropriate codes, I am left wondering if I am playing Destiny, or the Taken King. In other words, I want to make sure I am starting at the beginning of the game/franchise. And since the menu is lacking in choices (i.e. select Taken King vs. Destiny) I am confused whether or not I am playing the DLC, or Destiny from beginning to end.

The first mission I played, after selecting my class, is outside the "city," in Russia, USA. You then maneuver through a series of walkways and fallen buildings until you find a ship capable of taking you away.

Trickster

Just for the new page -

Looking for 1 person to come join us for a fresh Kings Fall clear asap

1 Me
2 Bogeypop
3 Tovarisc
4 Kilau
5 MikeGaum1984

MechDX

Hello!

I recently purchased the Destiny Bundle PS4. After DLing and installing the appropriate codes, I am left wondering if I am playing Destiny, or the Taken King. In other words, I want to make sure I am starting at the beginning of the game/franchise. And since the menu is lacking in choices (i.e. select Taken King vs. Destiny) I am confused whether or not I am playing the DLC, or Destiny from beginning to end.

The first mission I played, after selecting my class, is outside the "city," in Russia, USA. You then maneuver through a series of walkways and fallen buildings until you find a ship capable of taking you away.

You are at the beginning of base or "vanilla " Destiny

My guess is if you continue to follow the storyline it will take you Destiny, Dark Below, House of Wolves then Taken King. Have fun!

Tovarisc

Hello!

You are playing Destiny: The Taken King. Content that was added in TTK will become available once you reach level 25, this is around moment you will be wrapping up all original story content that was released before TTK. So just keep following story missions as they become available to you and you get to experience it all.

Edit:
Just for the new page

For the new page :)

Talk about awkward situation

FStop7

Banned
Hello!

That's the original Destiny campaign.

Taken King doesn't open up until you're level 25 (or if you use the spark of light consumable)

Hello!

The Taken King is additional content on top of the original game and only applies after the original content. There are no separations between the two it is all contained within the same game it just requires a higher level.

Brizzo24

You are at the beginning of base or "vanilla " Destiny

You are playing Destiny: The Taken King. Content that was added in TTK will become available once you reach level 25, this is around moment you will be wrapping up all original story content that was released before TTK. So just keep following story missions as they become available to you and you get to experience it all.

Edit: Talk about awkward situation

That's the original Destiny campaign.

Taken King doesn't open up until you're level 25 (or if you use the spark of light consumable)

Ah, phew. Yeah, it's complicated without a traditional menu to navigate through. And since I am all very new to Destiny, I wasn't aware of any story elements, or had any idea where the game takes place. Good to know I am starting at the very beginning. So far, I am really enjoying it.

I'm now at the last remaining city, where all the Guardians live. And I have to choose a new quest, it looks.

Thank you for the help!

LTWood12

I can't play tonight and that makes me sad post-war New Year's Eve Lt. Dan.
dYHB7oT.jpg

TheBowen

Sat alone in a boggy marsh
Know this may be a longshot but anybody up for vault of glass ? Got the game yesterday and level 27 but want some people to play it with ?

PSN: Gambino_Vitalian

Shiv47

Doing IB has been a godsend for finishing the solar kills part of the exotic sword quest. Finished in a much faster, more enjoyable way than either waking the hive, or whatever other farming method would have been an option. Now to wait for Armsday.

Doing IB with GAF members has also been a lesson in how much better most of GAF is than the typical rando; when I play with GAF members, I am routinely the bottom-ranking member of the team, and often look like a total scrub in comparison. I play with randos and I'm solidly middle of the pack and occasionally the top guy in the group (which is terrifying in how bad that implies the rest of them are).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom