• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daemul

Halo matchmaking:

If you quit out of games, not only will you suffer a loss and forfeit any REQ points or XP but you’ll also receive a temporary cooldown penalty (ban) preventing you from matchmaking in Arena.

This should be Iron Banner

I was about to post this, we need this shit desperately in Destiny.

58 coins.

Don't touch me-Probably instead of marks.

Stag-eh.....nah

Hereafter-don't have it, but I'll wait for an engram one.

35 3oC it is then.

I wouldn't buy any 280 light armor I don't need. Save your coins for a weapon or 3oC.

DTM are great for hunters but I don't really see a use for them this expansion, I've had a 310 drop from 2 weeks ago and never found a situation where I needed the perk.

Also, welcome back LT :)

LTWood12

Collection is really well done so money well spent at least. I've beaten UC1 so far and cleaning up trophies for the plat. Will take a little break then move on to UC2... Nice change of pace from the amount of Destiny I've been playing lately. Needed a good single player game.

Good vibe. I platinumed DF on PS3 and crushing was so tough. Looking forward to playing these again.

LTWood12

I wouldn't buy any 280 light armor I don't need. Save your coins for a weapon or 3oC.

DTM are great for hunters but I don't really see a use for them this expansion, I've had a 310 drop from 2 weeks ago and never found a situation where I needed the perk.

Also, welcome back LT :)

Yeah I think you're right. Strictly 3oC it is then.

Good to be back! :)

GlamFM

Banned
Alright thanks. Sorry one more question is running any of the older raids worth it or should I just aim for Kings Fall?

You won't get anything useful out of it, but you will come out of it a bigger man.

They are worth it just for the experience, especially the Vault of Glass.

Play them eventually, focus on raising your light level for now.

Johndoey

Banned
TTK raid, about 280 is good to start. I'd recommend doing daily PvE and PvP, saving your Legendary Marks and first getting 1000 Yard Stare. Then Hung Jury from DO. 150 marks each.

Some tips:
Make sure you're always equipping your highest light gear! Especially when you decrypt engrams. Always decrypt 1 engram @ a time and if it's higher than your current gear/weapon, then equip that and decrypt the next and repeat. It helps you level up quicker.
Thanks a lot for the tips.

You won't get anything useful out of it, but you will come out of it a bigger man.

They are worth it just for the experience, especially the Vault of Glass.

Play them eventually, focus on raising your light level for now.
Thanks again.

Tovarisc

FFS <.<

Warpriest gave me again 2x Shards and BLUE engram as rewards for killing his ass. Raid boss shouldn't be able to give you some crappy blue engrams as reward.

Thinking of starting a fresh KF raid if anyone's interested! Newcomers and late-week completers are both welcome to join.

Will start when full. Until the, Iron Banner time

PSN: joshcbrugby

Disker

Lol.

Wow i finally got soms raid items after 2 weeks.

300 Ghost
300 Shotty
300 Boots
301 Arms

Still no heavy after 9 runs.

VoG was even better before the patch

Boots are the worst because there is no exotic version which you can use to get them higher. GG Bungie, fix it like the NF!

Moldering Shards? Well............................ fuck those :p, don't do shit most of the time.

The day Destiny implements quitting penalties is the day I quit Destiny.

Matchmaking kinda needs to, you know... work before you start banning people for leaving when they had enough of your shit. Off the top of my head, the shit list includes

• Joining a game where you're down a ridiculous amount of points (especially in Rumble) and the other team has heavy ammo.
  • Joining back into that same game after you just left.
  • Laggy matches where none of your shots register. Which is every other game, especially in Iron Banner.
  • Your team is AFKing or goofing off (Sword kills).
  • Sector 618

Navy Bean

Had a 260 on my IB team last night...and to his credit he capped 8 zones.

But he also went 1-20 and we lost by <100 points so, yeah, there must be a real power gap at some point.

Deku Tree

The day Destiny implements quitting penalties is the day I quit Destiny.

Matchmaking kinda needs to, you know... work before you start banning people for leaving when they had enough of your shit. Off the top of my head, the shit list includes

• Joining a game where you're down a ridiculous amount of points (especially in Rumble) and the other team has heavy ammo.
  • Joining back into that same game after you just left.
  • Laggy matches where none of your shots register. Which is every other game, especially in Iron Banner.
  • Your team is AFKing or goofing off (Sword kills).
  • Sector 618

Is Halo 5 not going to have "join games in progress"? Because that always means "join games where your losing badly." Kinda stinks to join via MM a losing game, then quit, then get a cooldown period or quitting penalty.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Toss me an invite if any ib trains are rolling, psn Anoregon!

SnakeEyes

Banned
Is bungie buying me new controllers? This is the second one . Now the R2 trigger is not going back when pressed.

gg
You've broken the peg that holds the trigger into the bracket and the spring now isn't properly returning it to position.

Buy these to replace it.

I've bought 2 extra controllers since my launch PS4 and it's always the R2 that breaks on me. I bought a set of those triggers and haven't had an issue in ages. Hopefully, eventually, someone will release aluminium triggers like they have for the PS4/Xbone thumbsticks.

Navy Bean

Is Halo 5 not going to have "join games in progress"? Because that always means "join games where your losing badly." Kinda stinks to join via MM a losing game, then quit, then get a cooldown period or quitting penalty.
Would be fun if you joined with a full super...and maybe even heavy ammo. Nothing worse than joining a match then dying to super, super, heavy, super.

If you have an option like that, who would replace lost players? I can't imagine anyone checking the "please match me up with a losing team" box.

Edit!: ^ that sounds like a better solution.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Thanks for the IB run guys, i think i made up for my shitty performance at the start as a 278 Hunter once i got back to my main :D

My Titan so sexy all them Hunter Boyz try to keep me still and hug me all round.

Navy Bean

Halo never had join in progress iirc.

Warzone is "different" I suppose. I am always down for a moba anyway. Won't be playing Halo 5 till christmas time though ):
Crucible 2.0 has made me more excited to play Halo 5. Gonna be interesting to see if Halo has staying power.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Just realized I'm at 5 marks. Time to be that asshole who leaves losing games early.

Crucible 2.0 has made me more excited to play Halo 5. Gonna be interesting to see if Halo has staying power.

With their req system on top of the 'unlocking shit by levelling up' it'll be incredibly addicting. I mean, the Req system is basically a card system where you get booster packs to get special shit. People will love that. It's like Engrams on crack.

Deku Tree

If you have an option like that, who would replace lost players? I can't imagine anyone checking the "please match me up with a losing team" box.

Edit!: ^ that sounds like a better solution.

Instead of join in progress they should end games early when people quit and your losing really badly. Mercy rule doesn't go far enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom