• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's strange that I criticize shotgun users so harshly yet for the life of me I can't use a shotgun to save my life in pvp. I've owned and tried to use all the top shotguns with the best rolls in every iteration of the crucible, but it's always really hard for me to kill people with it.
People tend to survive my direct gun shots so often that I feel that the crazy range with shotguns doesn't apply to me.
It's very weird.
To this day I'm not sure if you're supposed to aim or hip fire when using them in this game.

Just a thought.

shermas

This game...

After 6 or 7 matches in a row of IB (5 straight losses at one point - I was top 2 or 3 each time... whatever) with awful drops, I finally hit rank 3 on my alt hunter. I can buy the Wolf Hat. Yah. Drops were all garbage. Strange Coins were the best thing I got.

I go into the daily, play some Salvage and pick up a Year 2 Party Crasher and a 298 Cloak that's going right into the Wolf Hat. Not too bad.

What the hell just playing IB with my gunslinger got my sword quest ability kills to 54%. At this point im going to have to farm those mats again =/

shermas

It's strange that I criticize shotgun users so harshly yet for the life of me I can't use a shotgun to save my life in pvp. I've owned and tried to use all the top shotguns with the best rolls in every iteration of the crucible, but it's always really hard for me to kill people with it.
People tend to survive my direct gun shots so often that I feel that the crazy range with shotguns doesn't apply to me.
It's very weird.
To this day I'm not sure if you're supposed to aim or hip fire when using them in this game.

Just a thought.

If the enemy is right in your face... like almost on top of you... don't bother aiming. I'm a filthy shotgun user and I rarely get kills at 'range,' because I'm scared to shoot too early. One of the perks is increased range if you aim though, so it's sometimes good to aim down the sight, just in case.

I cannot snipe. It's pathetic.

Tripmine > Bubble

KY66gL.gif

Hunters > Titans.

Any clues as to when the sleeper stimulant quests will be available again? I still don't see the logic of having it come and go, honestly. The quests is already dependent on RNG to start it.

So I shouldn't decode any exotic engrams until I'm light 300 or over? I'm 298 atm and just got an exotic primary engram.

If you're planning on raiding soon, or using some other method to be over 300, I'd wait. But if you don't see 300 in the near future? Maybe it's ok to decode.
I suppose it depends on how badly you want an exotic primary. If you need one because the gun you have is bad or if you really want a certain primary. If those things don't apply to you, then I'd hold off. 310 primaries are hard to come by.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Holy shit this matchmaking system is absolute garbage. So many teams of 5 or 6 paired with randoms.

Silvard

😓😓😓 then I don't see why you're thinking so hard on this. I'm gonna buy the PR thrice from Saladin.

I couldn't believe I was lucky enough to get a drop with Rangefinder and Braced Frame, but unlucky enough that I got the worst and most useless perk out of the pool for last.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Haven't won a game of Iron Banner yet today.

7 losses and counting.

Closest I got was being at 19k and have a lead by a couple of hundred pts and having someone/moron on our team flip the spawns on us which lead to our quick and violent destruction.

I wish I could have known who is was. I would drive to their house and slap them across the face with a fish.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
So didn't get a single armor drop from the raid and to make matters worse Oryx took 20 shards and gave me 2 shards and a dupe machine gun. Bungie if you are seeing this, DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.

Any clues as to when the sleeper stimulant quests will be available again? I still don't see the logic of having it come and go, honestly. The quests is already dependent on RNG to start it.

Damn I was going to try and login and see if I still had it, but they take away the mission even if you finished it already.

That really is bullshit.

Fun fact: even if someone is light level 259 or lower, you can carry them through tier 3 Court of Oryx. If they have the quest they can get a 300 artifact. Just did it with a 230 and he couldn't even do any damage.

NeOak

Holy shit this matchmaking system is absolute garbage. So many teams of 5 or 6 paired with randoms.
I had to use the Netduma beside we got paired with Dominicans who lagged.

Then we got matched with US laggers.

Fuck laggers. If you need to have lag to win, you have a micropenis.

Yep. Wait until you're over 300. They can roll out at 310.

Yeah, save them till you are 300 or over, chance to decode exotics at 310 instead of 290.

Oh yes save those babies!! So you get 50% ish chance to get a 310. Save save save

Cool. Thanks guys!

If you're planning on raiding soon, or using some other method to be over 300, I'd wait. But if you don't see 300 in the near future? Maybe it's ok to decode.
I suppose it depends on how badly you want an exotic primary. If you need one because the gun you have is bad or if you really want a certain primary. If those things don't apply to you, then I'd hold off. 310 primaries are hard to come by.

I have a 290 helmet and a 293 side weapon holding me back from being 300. Might be raiding tomorrow night after work if some people are doing it, but I'm just grinding strikes for now to get some better stuff.

void666

Banned
This is the worst IB ever for me. 6th defeat in a row. When i reach rank 4 i'll buy the PR and won't touch IB again. Don't care about my alts. Fuck this shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom