• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
This is the worst IB ever for me. 6th defeat in a row. When i reach rank 4 i'll buy the PR and won't touch IB again. Don't care about my alts. Fuck this shit.

Was thinking the same thing. I'm gonna hit rank 5 (thought I needed that for the PR) buy the gear I want and carry on with my life.

Other than the first Iron Banner ever I have always ranked all three characters up to level five. I have enjoyed almost every minute of it too.
I don't know if I just can't find my groove with a primary weapon, if the teammates are worse than normal or if the matchmaking and lag are just unbearable this time around but this currently sucks.
I just had a team of complete randoms vs two groups of 3. Everyone on the other team was 303 or higher. I was the only player above 300 on my team.

giphy.gif

PvP is so weird now.

The make up of the IB teams have been usually
2x Nightstalker
3x Sunbreaker
1x Random usually Stormcaller

Then 5/6 people are using Hawksaw/IB Pulse/Red Death along with 4/6 Conspiracy Theory DD and 2/6 1KYS.

It's definitely nice to have different weapons out there now but it's still weird. I need to get a good PvP scout asap. The Meta is 100% pulses and scouts. There needs to be a bigger range dropoff. Almost no need to snipe because these scouts/pulses can fairly easily out gun a sniper now with how big they make you flinch.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I'm am getting torn up by a guy with a Mida Multi Tool.

I just lost a head to head battle and I had heavy ammo.

I will be looking at the game film after to verify.

My light 303
His light 281

At the end of the match he had 12 kills with a k/d of 1.2

How?

My light 303
His light 284

I played with my nephew and his friends earlier today. One of his friends was 239 light and he got 11 kills. So yea it doesn't effect you nearly as much.

GorillaJu

My light 303
His light 281

How?

He probably had 10 deaths.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I played with my nephew and his friends earlier today. One of his friends was 239 light and he got 11 kills. So yea it doesn't effect you nearly as much.

Level is supposed to matter though. That irritates me.
Because I feel trapped into having to use certain weapons to keep my light level high enough and then I see a 281 guy dominating the match.

Bogeypop

My light 303
His light 281

How?

I also had some questionable play by someone at low light using the MIDA Multi-Tool in PvP two or three days ago... Hmm

GorillaJu

Because I feel trapped into having to use certain weapons to keep my light level high enough and then I see a 281 guy dominating the match.

Well now you know you're free. Let the beast out of the cage, sky is the limit lad

Yea use whatever weapon you like more. Sacrifice a few light if you have to. It does matter, but you can still make it work being underlevelled.

Now, I don't understand how 229 puts in work. Maybe garbage cleanup, idk.

Everyone complaining hammers are broken and I'm here thinking storm caller is broken as shit. Can't run away as its range is huge and they move insanely fast. It lasts for fucking ever. Barely have to even aim the thing.

I know this is debatable, but there's more to control than Kdr. Callouts, assists, caps, sacrificing yourself getting heavy for the greater good. Oh and Distraction! The hockey assists that isn't displayed.

A few times I'd wrap myself around the map when they had A and B and our push to B kept failing. Half of their team would go back to get me at A, leaving B vulnerable for a push by the other 5. Profit. That isn't displayed anywhere either!

coy

Everyone complaining hammers are broken and I'm here thinking storm caller is broken as shit. Can't run away as its range is huge and they move insanely fast. It lasts for fucking ever. Barely have to even aim the thing.
Hah, that sounds like Sunbreakers to me. :p

rc213

I agree. Stormcallers are broken in their own way. A whole clip of red death to the nogging does nothing.

I've killed plenty of them tonight so long as you catch their back, Invective takes them out. Sun Bro I've gotten lucky a few times unloading the whole clip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom