• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Number45

Or just do all three on your Titan since you already did the worst one.
How does this work? I thought I'd have to go through the whole process on each character that gets the quest.

EDIT: As I'm at the "waiting for armsday" step I guess I'll have to do at least one more quest from the beginning.

Bradach

For PvP or PvE?

What are the scopes on each one? I'm assuming option (a) is the quest reward which means it has Shortgaze which is a good thing. Quick Draw and Unflinching are great PvP perks but it depends on what scopes it has.

Thanks for looking Driz

I only play PvE

Yes, option a is the quest reward.

The scopes on option b are;
Eagleeye SLR20
Longview SLR20
Ambush SLH25

th3dude

Never got a Hawkmoon to drop in Y1.

My 'green' engram in TTK gave me one.

Just bought Y2 for marks last night.

HOW DID I SURVIVE WITHOUT THIS GUN

Ha ha, that was Ocean not me, top level trolling with RNG esp as he got Suros on the next run

I'll try to run you through it again after reset but its going to be a busy week with getting 3xRaids in, Iron Banner then Trials on Friday
I thought I was going to cry, at least we got to know immediately it still drops, just for the wrong people. :)
Whenever you have time shoot me a msg on psn, got my phone always with me.

When are there pure trash mob waves? Confluxes has lots of add waves, but you're trying to prevent them from sacrificing. Oracles has tons of adds, but they're continuous and are mixed in with the actual mechanic of killing Oracles. In both cases, you're never barred from progressing the fight just to fight trash.

Supplicants & Harpies are indeed add-only waves, but at the very least, they're mechanically different. The location of killing supplicants has to be managed. The Harpies can be engaged, but they come so hard and fast, most teams flee, which is kind of interesting and really the only time that happens in Destiny.

The add-only phases of War Priest and Golgoroth never present any different mechanics or anything interesting. There's no danger like there is in the Templar Suite.

I don't find supplicants and harpies to be all that interesting. Just an ammo drain.

I can't use mine anymore, before the nerf the sound it made was perfect for the damage it outputted, now it seems like a BB gun making the noise a magnum does :(

noomi

Woah, I made the wall of shame?! FINALLY!

One of us, one of us! :)

I don't care what anyone says about hand cannons in year 2, The Hawkmoon still has it. I've had some amazing matches with it recently. We can't can't use it to snipe as we did in year 1, gotta be careful about those shots and how close you are to enemies. In the right hands though.... HOT DAMN IT'S GOOD.

Took me a little while to get used to it again in the begging, but now it's one of my favorite pvp weapons.

Homeboyd

How does this work? I thought I'd have to go through the whole process on each character that gets the quest.
If your titan has completed an exotic sword quest already;

- Go to your hunter and warlock and do the steps required to pick up the legendary swords
- Transfer each of these swords to your titan as they are
- Level them up (upgrade all nodes) and infuse each to 280+, purchase all upgrades WHILE ON YOUR TITAN
- Go back to Shaxx and he will start your questlines for those swords at the rare elements/ability kills step, skipping the crucible/majors and the mission to kill the knight steps

Profit.

Jinjo

Chaperone will soon rise. Believe it.

In other words I can't wait until IB. I -need- that new Titan gear and I'm so fucking tired of getting sniped by OG Felwinters (I have one, but it's long retired after y2 started).

I keep hearing that the MG from the raid is the only thing viable, but (as someone who has never used a pulse rifle EVER) Smite of Merain just feels so good. I have another Hakke pulse rifle that has literally all better stats, but doesn't feel as good. It's weird.

Builds will probably be as followed:

Hawkmoon
Conspiracy Theory D
The Vertigo

or

Smite of Merain
The Mother-fucking Chaperone
100.gif

The Vertigo

PvPRGJl.png

This baby is gonna be all I need come IB. DAT RANGE.
AND STABILITY
. Conspiracy Theory D for close-quarters shenanigans.

One of us, one of us! :)

I don't care what anyone says about hand cannons in year 2, The Hawkmoon still has it. I've had some amazing matches with it recently. We can't can't use it to snipe as we did in year 1, gotta be careful about those shots and how close you are to enemies. In the right hands though.... HOT DAMN IT'S GOOD.

Took me a little while to get used to it again.

Yes. The Hawkmoon is beastly. It hits HARD. It's not as much like a laser anymore, but staying on target and pulling the trigger work wonders. Even without the headshots.

only had one more to go so I went for it. I was overcome with an urge for a challenge so I soloed the special Fear's Embrace that ends the questline. After I did it a few times and realizing when the wizard spawns, killing her (and thus ending the quest proper) wasn't that crazy, but because I am a sadist I had to go on and kill the echo before I let myself go to orbit. took forfucking ever.

Incredibly tough mission to solo, the number of hazards in that room by the end of the fight is just hilarious. Shoutout to Bladedancer for getting me there, my Byronic Hero and Thesan FR both with Life Support, Shadowshot for making the kill possible and my gleaming Sleeper Simulant for making it happen.

Pretty big weekend for hawkstiny all in all

Got my Warlock raidworthy, ran his first one and hit 297
Got my Sol Edge quest to the Armsday part
In addition to the Touch, the feel, of Malice, and the Sleeper Simulant, got:
-310 Invective
-310 Light Beyond Nemesis
-307 raid helm for my Hunter
-Apple of Discord infused to 300
-Hitchhiker infused to 300
-Stillpiercer
-Ace of Spades

Now if I could just quit my job and destroy all interpersonal connections in my life I'd really be getting somewhere!

Seriously though at the pace I've been playing TTK it has been enormously enjoyable for me, I hope there are those of you out there who are on a similar path. My quest log is still just stuffed to the gills on my Hunter, let alone my other two characters, and I feel like there's at least a secret or two still to come. Outside of the damn exotic sword material farming, I really have had fun with every minute of this and I still feel like playing every day. I can't believe all the PvP stuff is coming back this week en masse, it's overwhelming, but as someone who enjoys the current state of the Crucible more than most I'm excited.

Friday of the week after that, the GW2 expansion comes out. oy vey

Well done, Hawkian! And our weekend got started a little early with a pretty good raid :p

I haven't accomplished nearly as much as you this weekend, but I've also been playing at my own pace and it's mostly been extremely enjoyable!

After the raid on Friday, I started on Hadium Flakes grind for the ToM and first Edge sword. Then I continued to the Calcified Fragment ToM phase. I only had maybe 10-15. Once I hit upper 30s, it started to get a little stale because it relied on CoO RNG and also help from others for the T2 ones, charge Agonarch rune, and lastly, wait for weekly T3 boss reset.

I got my first exotic sword part of the quest half way done, 50/50 majors thanks to CoO. Just need to kill 25 guardians now! At least I got my first 310 hawkmoon, my first ever Hereafter (290) and first stillpiercer.

Oh yea and my gunsmith is 100 rep away from rank 3 / Ace of Spades. I wanted it for IB / Trials so badly but I'll have to wait. Do you get it immediately upon achieving rank 3? If so then yes!

I just hope hard mode KF brings a bigger and more importantly, fun challenge. One can hope!

And LOL @ quit job and destroy line. Every Monday I wish I can take off to finalize as many weekly quests as possible. Same For Tuesday reset for getting a head start! XD

darknil

So guys, I'm trying to decide which weapons to keep (and infuse whenever possible) now that IB is coming and also thinking on PvE content.

Scout Rifle:
- Hung Jury (Dead Orbit)
- Tlaloc
- Should I consider another one?

Pulse Rifle:
- I'm rocking the Herja-D with Headseeker and Rangefinder
- Red Death? I'm saving some marks and wondering what should be my next buy
- Psi Alto III with Rangefinder?

Auto Rifle:
- I have The Dealbreaker with Rangefinder and Rifled Barrel
- I have a Red Spectre hanging with Rifled Barrel and Battle Runner, don't know if I should keep it.
- SUROS Regime? Another one I have available to buy.

Hand Cannon:
- TLW?
- Hawkmoon?
- Zaouli's Bane (Raid)?
- I got Uffern HC4 with Mulligan, Rifled Barrel and LifeSupport / Exhumed

Next time I'll ask about special and heavy!

LTWood12

Hawkmoon is still pretty great. Hell I like using it just to hear the luck in the chamber sound all the time.

Anxious to see how the First Curse stacks up. Finished the first part of the quest. Waiting for Wednesday to start the next.

noomi

How does the smite of merain (raid pulse) fair in PVP? I've not had a chance to try it out yet.

Some of the guys I play with like it a lot, but I think there are better options out there.

I wouldn't use it over the hawksaw, villainy or apple of discord.

noomi

I should pull out my 290 Hawkmoon from the vault for IB and maybe ToO.

Yeah man, if you remember I was pretty salty about the Hawkmoon when 2.0 hit, but it's not so bad once you get used to how handcannons work now. It's still good, give it a shot ;)

When are there pure trash mob waves? Confluxes has lots of add waves, but you're trying to prevent them from sacrificing. Oracles has tons of adds, but they're continuous and are mixed in with the actual mechanic of killing Oracles. In both cases, you're never barred from progressing the fight just to fight trash.

Supplicants & Harpies are indeed add-only waves, but at the very least, they're mechanically different. The location of killing supplicants has to be managed. The Harpies can be engaged, but they come so hard and fast, most teams flee, which is kind of interesting and really the only time that happens in Destiny.

The add-only phases of War Priest and Golgoroth never present any different mechanics or anything interesting. There's no danger like there is in the Templar Suite.

The only extra thing to consider during Warpriest and Golgi is "don't let the boss shoot you," which you also have to remember during Templar Suite. The adds during Oracles especially are really well scaled to the encounter and the environment. Goblin trash, Hobgoblin platform snipers and the occasional Minotaur meant you had to optimize your full weapon loadout carefully, while leaving enough to quickly clear the Oracles themselves.

Warpriest adds spawn with a clear progression but it still feels generic. Largely because they don't interact with other mechanics, like you said, but also because they don't mesh with the environment in any way. Spawn from the door, get shot in the face. Golgi adds are even worse. It could literally be any combination of trash funneled into those narrow corridors. Sit behind cover from Golgi's eye and plug away. The Adept acolytes are a great mini-mechanic but not enough on their own.

Maybe Hard Mode will add extra wrinkles but it would still be a strange way to scale back for Normal.

Number45

If your titan has completed an exotic sword quest already;

- Go to your hunter and warlock and do the steps required to pick up the legendary swords
- Transfer each of these swords to your titan as they are
- Level them up (upgrade all nodes) and infuse each to 280+, purchase all upgrades WHILE ON YOUR TITAN
- Go back to Shaxx and he will start your questlines for those swords at the rare elements/ability kills step, skipping the crucible/majors and the mission to kill the knight steps

Profit.
Perfect, thanks. Time to level my warlock and hunter then I guess! >_<

R0ckman

I think this will be my pvp loadout

Spare Change.25 (someone actually messaged me after a match asking where I got it lol)
Uzume
Truth

GhaleonEB

Still don´t understand why they took out the XP boost - it took everybody by surprise - NOBODY ASKED FOR IT and it was an non issue.

makes no sense whatsoever.

I think they took out the XP boos because they added rep gain bonuses to the class items, but didn't yet know what to update the NF rewards with. I'm hoping it's one of the items in the update.

Fun times today! My aim was to farm some hadrium flakes to progress my touch of malice quest. This quickly progressed to fragments (I needed 30). Grabbed all the one possible from patrol and story knowing I needed a few tier 2 court and all tier 3.

In court I spent about 90 mins until I got the combinations me and clan mate needed. Had a few randoms helping / hindering but we got it. Those stolen runes are a pain.

Quickly smashed out the rest of the missions and got my ToM. Along the way I also got 3 exotic engrams. The new silver Titan helm and 2x 310 supercell. 1 was infused into my hung jury which is now 308.

Now I just need to find a pvp weapon for iron banner

Kyne

Aw man I won't be able to get the First Curse until a week from Wednesday Boo for having TWO time-gated steps in the quest.

as a HC main-er I have been jaded since Y2 started. Everything is shit now. I was
un
lucky enough to get the raid HC... imagine my disappointment when I played around with it.

my only saving grace is that TFC doesn't suck. I can't even use Ace of Spades since I haven't leveled up my hunter yet and my main is a Titan.

can't believe they completely shifted HC's out of the meta. Bungie needs to learn to do things in moderation. I await the inevitable Sunbreaker nerf where our Titan's armor will be nerfed by 190%, get 2 hammers, and will somehow begin to take damage whenever we super.

spyder_ur

Pretty sure you can also skip the Asylum Knight step also. I got the arc sword to the "collect and ability kills step" then transferred and maxed out my void sword. Exotic void sword quest started at the collect and ability kills.

Did I go too far if I got to the "Wait for delivery of Armsday materials" step?

If so, that sucks and I'm probably out on getting the other exotic swords.

Thanks for looking Driz

I only play PvE

Yes, option a is the quest reward.

The scopes on option b are;
Eagleeye SLR20
Longview SLR20
Ambush SLH25

Shortgaze is still great for PvE, it boosts aim assist and 1000 Yard already has crazy high AA. On that second sniper I'd take Longview since it also boosts AA and has slightly higher zoom which is fine for PvE. Ambush will drop your range and stability iirc so I'd avoid that.

Regardless I'd stick with the quest reward sniper with Shortgaze. Firefly is easily the best PvE perk on either one, stuff like Quick Draw is a total non-isssue. It's been my faithful companion for all of TTK, infused up to 310.

EDIT: As I'm at the "waiting for armsday" step I guess I'll have to do at least one more quest from the beginning.

Homeboyd's already got you covered with the details but I wanted to add I'm not sure if it's too late for your current sword quest. If you can before Armsday, try to get another legendary sword on your Titan and max it out above 280 to see what happens. I'd honestly be curious if you could still trigger the new exotic quest or if you actually had to start over. I highly doubt you could skip the material farming and ability kills portion but it'd be worth a shot. Worst case is you'd start at that step.

I honestly don't know and would be curious if anyone has already done this. I wouldn't be surprised if it still worked, at least to get you to the same planetary materials and ability kills step.

SkylineRKR

God damn the Stimulant, I love that thing.

Yet again, I could 2 shot the Daily boss with it after Tether. And yet again the boss dropped an Exotic engram. Its the first thing I do and its been jackpot quite a bit.

EDIT: Telesto!!

After 12 4th Horsemen and Invectives. And for once, I went to the reef. Fuck Rahool.

You're good as long as you didn't upgrade the other two swords on your alts.. You'll get the strike on Wednesday and then you can transfer the other two swords to your main.

KanameYuuki

Is it possible to get any kind of exotic engrams from the 3oC?or only body and primary, because that is everything I always get and I want that hunter helmet that grants shadestep.

Number45

Homeboyd's already got you covered with the details but I wanted to add I'm not sure if it's too late for your current sword quest. If you can before Armsday, try to get another legendary sword on your Titan and max it out above 280 to see what happens. I'd honestly be curious if you could still trigger the new exotic quest or if you actually had to start over. I highly doubt you could skip the material farming and ability kills portion but it'd be worth a shot. Worst case is you'd start at that step.
I guess in theory I could ignore the quest come Armsday, but I think I'm going to struggle to get to the point where I can get another sword by then. Best I can do is use my Spark of Light on a new hunter and see how quick I can get to 40 but I can't remember how quickly after hitting 40 that the quest becomes available.

Is there some guide or something on sniper scopes? I just kind of go along with what people recommend, but I can never tell the differences between most of them.

Get your swords, they should be attack 220.
Get one sword to 280+ attack, and level it completely to start the quest for exotic sword.
Complete quest, 50 major kills, 25 guardian kills with sword, don't turn it in.
Put all remaining swords you haven't leveled up onto the character that you completed the quest on and waiting to turn in.
Level the other sword(s) to 280+, fully upgrade/fill all bubbles.
Turn in the quest, and now all legendary swords should be ready to take on the knight in the asylum.
Kill the knight with whatever sword you want, and turn in the quest. You should get a quest for every sword in your inventory.

Now it's collect and ability kills.

Pretty sure you can also skip the Asylum Knight step also. I got the arc sword to the "collect and ability kills step" then transferred and maxed out my void sword. Exotic void sword quest started at the collect and ability kills.

So either way you only have to kill one Asylum Knight since if you have all 3 at that step, 1 kill completes it for all?

Regardless, this is huge! I'm at the 25 guardian kill phase with my first sword so I'm definitely going to take advantage of this for the other 2!

Thanks guys

LTWood12

Is it possible to get any kind of exotic engrams from the 3oC?or only body and primary, because that is everything I always get and I want that hunter helmet that grants shadestep.

Primary
Special
Helmet
Gauntlets
Chest

Those are the current droppable exotic engrams.

Number45

Aside from what I've bought from Xur, I've never seen exotics for anything other than head/chest or arms - I'd fucking love an exotic primary!

RexNovis

Banned
Anyone care to help me with the exotic sword strike? Need Arc and Solar. Should I have separate quests for these? I only got the one quest for Ecthar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom