• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalamari

I can see why Hammer of Sol has such a large amount of damage resistance, Titans lack any sort of blink or evade like the other classes. So, while being the fastest class, they are still the least agile.

I would reduce the damage resistance so they can at least be killed by a rocket, and leave it as is. If they decide to reduce duration, I think they should also reduce the startup and hammer travel time.

Bradach

I'm collecting mats for my exotic sword (sol). Can I just open helium filaments and ignore the chests or can I get the rare material from chests too?

Ikkarus

If the splash radius is reduced then each hammer won't be an instant kill as people will be able to dodge them, so 6 won't be that bad. Unless of course everyone is stationary.

At that point, you'd have twice as many hammers, but they would be twice as hard to connect with.
That would still give them essentially 6 golden gun shots, sure you can't aim as precisely as a Gunslingers golden gun but you're still getting 6 opportunities to kill the opponent.

Either way, whatever anyone says here it won't affect how Bungie actually decide to deal with the Sunbreaker super. Time will tell what they do with it I suppose.

deoee

That would still give them essentially 6 golden gun shots, sure you can't aim as precisely as a Gunslingers golden gun but you're still getting 6 opportunities to kill the opponent.

Either way, whatever anyone says here it won't affect how Bungie actually decide to deal with the Sunbreaker super. Time will tell what they do with it I suppose.

inb4 they get buffed

Disker

I can see why Hammer of Sol has such a large amount of damage resistance, Titans lack any sort of blink or evade like the other classes. So, while being the fastest class, they are still the least agile.

I would reduce the damage resistance so they can at least be killed by a rocket, and leave it as is. If they decide to reduce duration, I think they should also reduce the startup and hammer travel time.

Lol have you seen the stormcaller?

Talking about a slow snale on his super.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
So here's how my weekends been going:

IB game starts
Enemy team immediately gains the lead
Enemy team never loses the lead

every time. every god damn fucking time.

oSoLucky

I honestly think the much worse part than the amount of hammers they have is the fact that they can't be shut down like other supers. If I see a Sunbreaker that isn't bearing down on me I instantly go into KILL mode,and a lot of others do too. Against decent players 1 Titan wouldn't be allowed to use all 6 hammers unchecked. Who knows what the fix will be. There are a couple ways to make them be more in line with other supers.

Also, I don't feel bad about Titans that say they "finally" have a good class, and are anti-nerf. I've been killed by bullshit panic fist and shoulder charges around a corner enough that I have minimal remorse for nerfs.

oSoLucky

There isn't much more infuriating to me than getting supered 1v1 in neutral(not getting super or heavy countered). I should be happy that the idiot wasted it instead of causing more damage but I get irrationally angry about it.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Well I'm at 5 ib marks again. Someone please invite me to an ib train before I throw my fucking ps4 controller through my tv.

6 hammers is way too many. You can just spam them in a room and clear it out.

The fact gunslingers get 3-4 GG shots should mean that Sunbreakers get the same amount.

Yes and no. The Hammers are harder to aim and aren't a laser like the GG. Also, if the blast radius/H&H effects are reduced, you would need superb aim. The fiery Hammer in your hand also makes it hard to see opponents...there are a lot of screen effects going on. If it's only three Hammers, why wouldn't I run a GG instead?

112%

If it's your alternate character it's more than 400%. One weekly bounty is a full rank up.
Can you explain to me people rank up iron banner on all three characters? You already get the guns at rank 5. The class items are only in the 280s, the boots are 280. So what's the point?

Yes and no. The Hammers are harder to aim and aren't a laser like the GG. Also, if the blast radius/H&H effects are reduced, you would need superb aim. The fiery Hammer in your hand also makes it hard to see opponents...there are a lot of screen effects going on. If it's only three Hammers, why wouldn't I run a GG instead?

It shouldnt be just 3 hammers but if it were you would run sunbreaker if you didnt want the risk of golden gun. Its really easy to get shut down golden gunning, not so much hammer of sol.

If you turn in the weekly bounty today with all 3 items equipped(On your main character, not alts) they each give you 1116 rep. If you saved all 3, that's a good 3366.

I feel like you have no idea what you are talking about. The class hasn't been touched, so there is no basis to assume everyone has some anti-Titan agenda.

It hasn't been touched yet, but bungie mentioned they are looking into it in the last weekly update.Everyone here has been complaining about sunbreaker since day one so the anti-titan agenda seems very strong to me.

Nah, it's just broken.

It's broken for PvP , but just fine for PvE and almost any nerf they give it will impact PvE.

Sunbreakers don't need to be nerfed into the ground. Yes, they are very OP right now. They need to reduce their overshield/damage resistance so they can be sniped with a high impact sniper or killed by a golden gun in one shot.

If titans aren't running max defense you can OHKO snipe them, and they can be killed by a single GG if you are running with celestial nighthawk.

The Sunbreaker class is way too overpowered currently. Everyone who is moaning about it have a right to it makes every other class feel near enough useless when going up against it.

All they need to do is reduce the amount of hammers being thrown and remove the armour buff they get when they pop it.

It's essentially:

6 x Golden Gun + Nova Bomb AOE + Health regen.

Doesn't exactly sound fair at the moment.

Everyone complained about blade dancer too and it never got nerfed.
Reducing the amount of hammers is bad imo bc that really affects the PvE aspect of the subclass.

Lol Sunbreaker is so OP dude, it either needs a damage or damage resistance nerf.

Id be okay with enough a slight resistance nerf.

They have already shown the ability to alter code for PvE, and not effect PvP.
They can do the same for sunbreakers for PvP, and not effect PvE.

Really, the only thing that needs a tweak is the overshield. Nothing else in the game gives that much overshield.

If they only need it in PvP thats fine, but I dont feel like that will happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom