• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Namikaze1

Well, I'm done with breakfast so I'm ready for some Iron Lagger.

Gonna start a train since I rather not go in alone.

1. The Chef

Why does this need to be about agendas? The Sunbreaker is objectively broken just like Thorn was objectively unbalanced, The Last Word was objectively broken and Bladedancers were objectively unbalanced.

This is why nothing gets done - because everyone wastes time waiting for data and debating a million scenarios where something might be okay. No, you can take one look at any of the aforementioned things, and a dozen more stuff in the game before they shipped and see that they should not have.

This wait and see approach is getting old.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Not today!

tumblr_mvtyf4MCMt1qks1j2o2_250.gif

Also Legacy Raid today anyone? More specifically Crota's End HM

Well, I'm done with breakfast so I'm ready for some Iron Lagger.

Gonna start a train since I rather not go in alone.

1. The Chef
PICK ME

Why does this need to be about agendas? The Sunbreaker is objectively broken just like Thorn was objectively unbalanced, The Last Word was objectively broken and Bladedancers were objectively unbalanced.

This is why nothing gets done - because everyone wastes time waiting for data and debating a million scenarios where something might be okay. No, you can take one look at any of the aforementioned things, and a dozen more stuff in the game before they shipped and see that they should not have.

This wait and see approach is getting old.

The same reason you use the words 'objectively broken' to describe sunbreakers when they're simply unbalanced, whilst using 'unbalanced' for bladedancers.

It's unbalanced, sure. Broken? Nah. The Shadow shot glitch is broken.

Namikaze1

Just reduce the damage resistance. That's all they need to do and nothing more. But as I said earlier, people will still bitch about other things like the health regen and amount of hammers.

Anyway, we need one more for IB. I will send both a chat and fireteam invite.

SkylineRKR

If you turn in the weekly bounty today with all 3 items equipped(On your main character, not alts) they each give you 1116 rep. If you saved all 3, that's a good 3366.

Nice to know, I am Rank 3.75 and have done all 3. So that means i'm pretty much maxed now.

First gonna spend some marks though, i'm capped.

Sunbreaker is passed the point of being unbalanced.

Uhuh. Why is that? The armor buff? Their damage? 1 hit supers that can be used multiple times isn't anything new. Let's look at bladedancing. Bladedancing is similar, except it's melee and can be used more times.

Looking at the maps, the majority of them tend to be tight-knit which benefits a melee super like bladedancing. Sunbreakers do good in small tight-knit maps when they either bullrush the enemy group, or the enemy group decides to gather around the sunbreaker.

But what really makes bladedancing egregious just as much as sunbreakers? Their blink. Blink is without a doubt the strongest jump in PVP. Combined with Bladedancing, and they're more annoying than sunbreakers and usually force a super to be used in order to counter them.

Sunbreakers aren't really unbalanced. A team full of sunbreakers won't guarantee victory just like a team of bladedancers won't guarantee victory. If a class is a sum of all their abilities, than be glad sunbreakers don't have blink.

EL CUCO

Vendor Apple of Discord is alot of fun. Might be my go to primary. Now that I hit rank 5 Gonna try out this IB Pulse and see how it compares.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Sunbreaker is passed the point of being unbalanced.

PvP balance:

We noticed some people are complaining how Sunbreaker is OP and Nightstalker has a game breaking glitch. As a result we're implementing some changes:

- Shotgun range has been decreased by 2%
- Sniper rifles with a mag size of 5 bullets or more, will now have a single bullet that does 2x damage.
- Increased Shank HP by 4%

It's a super with no skill ceiling and massive kill potential compounded with the best super oriented passives in the game.

Broken doesn't begin to describe it. It's the mythoclast of classes.

It's a super with no skill ceiling and massive kill potential compounded with the best super oriented passives in the game.

Broken doesn't begin to describe it. It's the mythoclast of classes.

That's all the new supers, actually. All of them(Shadowshot, StormTrance, Sunbreaker) have skills focused on powering it up. If anything that shows a lack of thought put into the vanilla supers. They're all realized and that's why they're all incredibly good for what they do. And that speaks more to how Bungie is approaching the classes and should go back and work on the older classes.

SkylineRKR

Nice to know, I am Rank 3.75 and have done all 3. So that means i'm pretty much maxed now.

First gonna spend some marks though, i'm capped.

Yeah it maxed me instantly. Needed about 3100 rep so good timing. Bought the Pulse and Boots, cloak already dropped and sidearms can fuck off.

Got no infusion fodder so have to try it at 280 in IB.

Mindlog

It's broken for PvP , but just fine for PvE and almost any nerf they give it will impact PvE.
I don't agree.
Each hammer should consume more super.
Landfall should consume super.
Duration on both should be looked at.

Right now even with Obsidian Mind and Insurmountable Skullfort the Striker and Voidwalker are wholly outclassed in PvE.

Daemul

PvP balance:

We noticed some people are complaining how Sunbreaker is OP and Nightstalker has a game breaking glitch. As a result we're implementing some changes:

- Shotgun range has been decreased by 2%
- Sniper rifles with a mag size of 5 bullets or more, will now have a single bullet that does 2x damage.
- Increased Shank HP by 4%

Best post from that thread

Summary: (applies to most updates)

We noticed that people were having fun. We're releasing a patch to fix that.

Here's some videos of people having fun before the patch.

GIF--laughing-funny-LOL-haha-hehe-hilarious-fun-happy-laugh-Charlton-Heston-Planet-of-the-Apes-GIF.gif

deoee

Uhuh. Why is that? The armor buff? Their damage? 1 hit supers that can be used multiple times isn't anything new. Let's look at bladedancing. Bladedancing is similar, except it's melee and can be used more times.

Looking at the maps, the majority of them tend to be tight-knit which benefits a melee super like bladedancing. Sunbreakers do good in small tight-knit maps when they either bullrush the enemy group, or the enemy group decides to gather around the sunbreaker.

But what really makes bladedancing egregious just as much as sunbreakers? Their blink. Blink is without a doubt the strongest jump in PVP. Combined with Bladedancing, and they're more annoying than sunbreakers and usually force a super to be used in order to counter them.

Sunbreakers aren't really unbalanced. A team full of sunbreakers won't guarantee victory just like a team of bladedancers won't guarantee victory. If a class is a sum of all their abilities, than be glad sunbreakers don't have blink.

How can you defend this class?
It's clearly killing the fun in pvp for every other class.
Have you tried to Bladedance a Sunbreaker? No? Try it - you will see how good it works.
Have you tried sniping a Sunbreaker and a Bladedancer? There's a difference.

Blink is annoying - yes. But most of the time you can predict where a person is going + it's telegraphed pretty obvious now. Blink doesn't make you invincible like Sunbreaker.

JHall

If titans aren't running max defense you can OHKO snipe them, and they can be killed by a single GG if you are running with celestial nighthawk.

Everyone complained about blade dancer too and it never got nerfed.

You're delusional. Your logic is "because I perceive my two year one subclasses as inferior, it's okay for my new subclass to be broken and unbalanced".

Try to look at this objectively instead of defensively. The Sunbreaker super takes everything good about every super into the game and rolls it into one. While having non of their disadvantages.

1. Bladedancer instant health recovery: check
2. Surviving a golden gun just like a Ramlock: check
AoE super that can be thrown from a safe distance like a Voidwalker: check
3. Multiple supers in one like a gunslinger: check
4. Being able to give yourself an overshield by running into your sunspot like running into a Ward of Dawn: check
5. Using your super close range and not being damaged by your AoE like a striker: check

There is no, "anti-Titan" agenda here. It does not need to be nerfed into the ground. It just needs some tuning. I can challenge every other super in the game and come out of top, but challenging a Sunbreaker is instant death. Running away shouldn't be the only counter.

Anyone that thinks that there is nothing wrong with Sunbreakers is crazy.

There is no 'anti Titan agenda' (lol) it's just blatantly obvious that in PvP there is a major unbalance.

Compare it to other OHK supers:

Golden Gun - 3 shots. (4 if you use a Y1 armour piece) short super in comparison to Sunbreakers. No shield/health Regen. Easily killed on start animation. Countered with sniper.

Blade Dancer - Can kill full enemy team in right scenario. Easy counter via shotguns or sniping. No overshield/Health Regen on use.

Nova Bomb - 1 use. Ranged super. Easily killed during start of use.

Stormcaller - Could kill full enemy team in right scenario. Countered via sniping/shotgun. No overshield/health Regen on use. Requires you to be fairly close to enemies in comparison to ranged supers.

Sunbreakers - Can kill full enemy team at range. Full health/shield/overshield on use. Health/shield Regen through kills. Can't be countered via sniping/shotgun. Can't be killed with GG. Long lasting super in comparison to others.

The issue is that other supers have weaknesses. Stormcaller doesn't.

Everyone goes oh but muh blade dancer is OP. Well no not really, it has weaknesses and counters, primarily that you need to be within melee range. Stormcaller just needs to look in your general direction and you're dead.

It should be changed to:

Max of 3 hammers per use.
Full health/shield Regen during use/on start. No overshield.

Edit: Damn beaten.

How can you defend this class?
It's clearly killing the fun in pvp for every other class.
Have you tried to Bladedance a Sunbreaker? No? Try it - you will see how good it works.
Have you tried sniping a Sunbreaker and a Bladedancer? There's a difference.

Blink is annoying - yes. But most of the time you can predict where a person is going + it's telegraphed pretty obvious now. Blink doesn't make you invincible like Sunbreaker.

Now why would I run into a sunbreaker as a bladedancer? It's easy to avoid a sunbreaker, unless you decide to run up to them. If a sunbreaker tries to chase you down, you can juke them easily with a bladedancer.

If a Bladedancer however decides to chase you down, their speed combined with their blink and their leap is much much worse. A Sunbreaker has range over a bladedancer, but again you can avoid this by either gunning down a sunbreaker while their super is popping or avoiding the general area when you hear it.

oSoLucky

It hasn't been touched yet, but bungie mentioned they are looking into it in the last weekly update.Everyone here has been complaining about sunbreaker since day one so the anti-titan agenda seems very strong to me.

It's broken for PvP , but just fine for PvE and almost any nerf they give it will impact PvE.

If titans aren't running max defense you can OHKO snipe them, and they can be killed by a single GG if you are running with celestial nighthawk.

Everyone complained about blade dancer too and it never got nerfed.
Reducing the amount of hammers is bad imo bc that really affects the PvE aspect of the subclass.

Id be okay with enough a slight resistance nerf.

If they only need it in PvP thats fine, but I dont feel like that will happen.

The only reason to ever run a Nighthawk would be to counter Hammer Time. A Hunter would destroy his own super's effectiveness.... just to be able to counter another super.... where the reverse isn't remotely necessary is an okay state of balance to you?

also lol at saying a Sunbreaker can't be countered via sniping or shotgunning. I've seen and killed way too many sunbreakers with a shotgun/sniper.

deoee

Now why would I run into a sunbreaker as a bladedancer? It's easy to avoid a sunbreaker, unless you decide to run up to them. If a sunbreaker tries to chase you down, you can juke them easily with a bladedancer.

If a Bladedancer however decides to chase you down, their speed combined with their blink and their leap is much much worse. A Sunbreaker has range over a bladedancer, but again you can avoid this by either gunning down a sunbreaker while their super is popping or avoiding the general area when you hear it.

Then tell me: Why should a Sunbreaker win a melee fight against a Bladedancer? I'm activating a melee super, I HAVE to win every melee fight in my opinion.
Why should I, as a melee super class, disengage from melee range and run away? How is that balanced and logical?

Avoidance can NOT be the solution to the Sunbreaker.

Hey guys!

Just don't turn on your PS4! That way your avoiding the Sunbreakers!

C'mon man, seriously?

Then tell me: Why should a Sunbreaker win a melee fight against a Bladedancer? I'm activating a melee super, I HAVE to win every melee fight in my opinion.
Why should I, as a melee super class, disengage from melee range and run away? How is that balanced and logical?

Avoidance can NOT be the solution to the Sunbreaker.

Tell me:Why should a striker win a melee fight against a sunbreaker? I'm activating a melee super, I HAVE to win every melee fight in my opinion. Why should I, as a melee super class...

...See where I'm going here? A bladedancer won't win a fight against a sunbreaker using his super just like a bladedancer wont' win a fight against a Warlock or even a Striker popping their supers. That's a pretty bad...stance.

Hey guys!

Just don't turn on your PS4! That way your avoiding the Sunbreakers!

C'mon man, seriously?

Do you just run in every crucible match? Instead of you know, taking cover, seeing where they're coming from, if there's any snipers or rushers? You deserve to be hammered upon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom