• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cade

Nirwen's Mercy is filling in the hole in my heart where Hopscotch was. It feels so good. I'm also actually really getting into the sidearm, too.

Ikkarus

Nirwen's Mercy is filling in the hole in my heart where Hopscotch was. It feels so good. I'm also actually really getting into the sidearm, too.
My thoughts exactly.

I've played around with the sidearm a bit but I can never justify picking a sidearm over a sniper or a shotgun in PvP.

Cade

My thoughts exactly.

I've played around with the sidearm a bit but I can never justify picking a sidearm over a sniper or a shotgun in PvP.

They're definitely not as effective at any sort of extreme range but I find they're exceptionally useful for in-between medium (pulse) and close (shotgun) ranges. Once you learn to fire incredibly fast and get a shitload of headshots they're great for out-DPSing shotgunners as they close in on you. Any time I feel like my pulse won't out DPS someone because they're too close to me, I swap and put 15 rounds in a guy and usually get it.

Tovarisc

Think I'm gonna give up on PvP until sunbreaker shields are nerfed. Fuck me they are like god mode.

Easy "How-To-Counter" guide for Sunbreaker;
  1. If you see enemy SB coming do suicide
  2. Don't press respawn, but instead e.g. go get some water to drink
  3. Come and respawn, enemy SB ran out of his super

#kappa

oSoLucky

FINALLY managed to clear KF - after fireteams falling apart at deathsingers 4 or 5 times, I finally managed to keep a group through to completion. Drops were meh though.
Warpriest: Chaingun @302 (I have the RL at 310)
Golgoroth: Exotic engram
DS: Cloak @305 (hey an upgrade from my 298)
Oryx: Scout @300 (I have a 310 Supercell and TLW), Chest at 305 (I have a 310 already), Helmet @305 (again already have one at 310)
"smart loot" lol

Are those exotic armor pieces or legendary that you have at 310? If they're exotic, then only the light of the one you'll be wearing matters. If they're legendary, then they could still be an upgrade with good stats. I can't even at the complaining about a raid helmet on your first kill(it's a really rare drop). The Scout will serve you vastly better than Zhalo or TLW in PvE. Quillim's Terminus is about 100x better than Elulim's Frenzy.

Those are great drops. You have to look at more than just the light level. If I were you I'd have been ecstatic that I got 4 good pieces to infuse all my 310s into.

I'll take a hammer over that Stormcaller shit any day of the week.

Stormcallers don't regenerate health, they die in one sniper or golden gun (head)shot and they don't have the same range.
Stormcallers can be shot and killed. Sunbreakers are almost impossible to kill in time and even if you get their health down they simply regenerate it immidiatly and kill 5 more in the time their super lasts.
--
2 for a NF? Already started. Join on PewPewPewBow.
Edit: NF done.

Pretty sure in 40+ games I've seen 3 drops. 2 cloaks and a sidearm. Nothing for me so far. Probably not bother next IB.

I got the Titan Mark twice and the Pistol. I'm halfway through Rank 4.

I'm mostly pissed off I'll have to get good at EVERY Iron Banner if I want the entire armour set. That's bullshit.

2.2 k/d With most captures, 2nd on team. Get a mote of light. Guy with 0 captures and 0.5kd gets a 296 bond. Fuck this.

Need a break from this game and it's retarded systems for a while I think.

Namikaze1

Coin hype!

Should just rename IB to Strange Banana Coins

So did the reward screen look something like this:

You get a Strange Coin! And you get a Strange Coin! Everyone gets a Strange Coin!

CRev86GUsAAllnU.png:orig

Jito

Banned
Playing so much PvP this week, it's hard not to see the game as fundamentally broken allowing people to spawn with a shotgun (or a sniper if you're good with it). It's a power weapon and you shouldn't be spawning with it. Hoping for a massive redesign of weapon classes in Destiny 2.

SkylineRKR

Stormcallers don't regenerate health, they die in one sniper or golden gun (head)shot and they don't have the same range.
Stormcallers can be shot and killed. Sunbreakers are almost impossible to kill in time and even if you get their health down they simply regenerate it immidiatly and kill 5 more in the time their super lasts.
--
2 for a NF? Already started. Join on PewPewPewBow.
Edit: NF done.

Its funny how Bladedancer super armor has been nerfed but Sunbreakers are pretty much 1.0 Bladedancer + much slower bar depletion + long range AoE. Bungie will nerf this, no doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom