• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mindlog

I know what would settle this.
Someone watch Gabriel's stream and someone watch Nghtly.
Let's see how often enemies juke and outrun Sunbreakers (lol) vs teamshot Bladedancers (lol again.)

recks

Now why would I run into a sunbreaker as a bladedancer? It's easy to avoid a sunbreaker, unless you decide to run up to them. If a sunbreaker tries to chase you down, you can juke them easily with a bladedancer.

If a Bladedancer however decides to chase you down, their speed combined with their blink and their leap is much much worse. A Sunbreaker has range over a bladedancer, but again you can avoid this by either gunning down a sunbreaker while their super is popping or avoiding the general area when you hear it.
Joke post?

deoee

Tell me:Why should a striker win a melee fight against a sunbreaker? I'm activating a melee super, I HAVE to win every melee fight in my opinion. Why should I, as a melee super class...

...See where I'm going here? A bladedancer won't win a fight against a sunbreaker using his super just like a bladedancer wont' win a fight against a Warlock or even a Striker popping their supers. That's a pretty bad...stance.

Do you just run in every crucible match? Instead of you know, taking cover, seeing where they're coming from, if there's any snipers or rushers? You deserve to be hammered upon.

No I don't get your point. Of course a striker super is and should destroy everything in it's path. And afaik it does (does it kill a Sunbreaker?)

The only reason to ever run a Nighthawk would be to counter Hammer Time. A Hunter would destroy his own super's effectiveness.... just to be able to counter another super.... where the reverse isn't remotely necessary is an okay state of balance to you?

IIRC the best way to counter golden gun and blade dancer in ToO was to just run away. How is that any better? Sunbreakers aren't invincible, but I feel like if one super is going to get the nerf then a few others should as well.

Uhuh. Why is that? The armor buff? Their damage? 1 hit supers that can be used multiple times isn't anything new. Let's look at bladedancing. Bladedancing is similar, except it's melee and can be used more times.

Looking at the maps, the majority of them tend to be tight-knit which benefits a melee super like bladedancing. Sunbreakers do good in small tight-knit maps when they either bullrush the enemy group, or the enemy group decides to gather around the sunbreaker.

But what really makes bladedancing egregious just as much as sunbreakers? Their blink. Blink is without a doubt the strongest jump in PVP. Combined with Bladedancing, and they're more annoying than sunbreakers and usually force a super to be used in order to counter them.

Sunbreakers aren't really unbalanced. A team full of sunbreakers won't guarantee victory just like a team of bladedancers won't guarantee victory. If a class is a sum of all their abilities, than be glad sunbreakers don't have blink.

One of the worst posts on this forum.

Control is faster than blink. And 'more annoying' isn't a worthwhile metric.

As for this 'won't guarantee victory' point - nobody is saying a Sunbreaker guarantees victory. That is dumb and arguing this strawman is even dumber. On the whole Sunbreakers are too powerful. That's the argument, end of story. Not how annoying it is. Not how many times you personally die as a Sunbreaker. Stop making it about other made up shit because it shows you have no real counter to what's actually being said.

No I don't get your point. Of course a striker super is and should destroy everything in it's path. And afaik it does (does it kill a Sunbreaker?)

The point is, a smart bladedancer will be able to outmaneuver an enemy team just like a smart sunbreaker won't end up running around for a minute trying to find someone to hit.

As for this 'won't guarantee victory' point - nobody is saying a Sunbreaker guarantees victory. That is dumb and arguing this strawman is even dumber. On the whole Sunbreakers are too powerful. That's the argument, end of story. Not how annoying it is. Not how many times you personally die as a Sunbreaker. Stop making it about other made up shit because it shows you have no real counter to what's actually being said.

Are you saying Blink isn't the best jump skill in PvP

When it's been nerfed multiple times

What am I reading

Mihos

Gold Member
New to the raid stuff, but I have alot of time to kill if anyone needs help. 295 light level warlock.
PSN: Mihos

deoee

The point is, a smart bladedancer will be able to outmaneuver an enemy team just like a smart sunbreaker won't end up running around for a minute trying to find someone to hit.

And what does this have to do with the fact that the Bladedancer or every other super looses to a Sunbreaker?

colinp

Banned
This thread is hilarious.

'Anti-Sunbreaker agenda'... Ahahahaha, I love it.

We need shirts that say 'I'm a part of the VAST anti-Sunbreaker CONSPIRACY!'

oSoLucky

IIRC the best way to counter golden gun and blade dancer in ToO was to just run away. How is that any better? Sunbreakers aren't invincible, but I feel like if one super is going to get the nerf then a few others should as well.

3v3 is a lot different than 6v6. I don't think Sunbreakers are all that bad in 3v3 from my time in Elimination. The majority of supers will win a round by themselves without being countered, and that's just how the balance of the game works out.

What am I reading

Again, you are making the argument about something totally different because you have to. It is obvious the Sunbreaker is better than the BD, and you have to reach for shit like the state of pre-nerf blink to form an incoherent argument so take your 'what am I reading' shit elsewhere.

deoee

What am I reading

At least for blink you have to have some kind of skill to use it.
I totally suck at using it and miss ledges all the time. Triple Jump 4tw.

Sunbros on the other hand...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gi5kNtmoVqE

Wow, people defending the broken Sunbreaker. You CAN find anything on the Internet.
Hope it gets nerfed into the ground. It's best just to assume it will. Bungie loves doing that.

And what does this have to do with the fact that the Bladedancer or every other super looses to a Sunbreaker?

Actually Striker and Voidlock beat out sunbreaker so no....not ever super loses to sunbreaker.

Sunbreakers are strong because the meta fits them, but they aren't 'omg so broken can't play anymore'.

Falifax

also lol at saying a Sunbreaker can't be countered via sniping or shotgunning. I've seen and killed way too many sunbreakers with a shotgun/sniper.

I've also killed many Sunbreakers with a sniper rifle, but there wasn't a SINGLE Sunbreaker kill that wasn't a trade kill.

deoee

Actually Striker and Voidlock beat out sunbreaker so no....not ever super loses to sunbreaker.

Sunbreakers are strong because the meta fits them, but they aren't 'omg so broken can't play anymore'.

Ok so then compare those supers again please. People posted the pros and cons several times.
Sunbreaker loses to two of them (3 if you do not skill armor) but still has every benefit from almost every super of the game. Plus you can play super dumb as a SB and just steamroll everything. You can evaporate the enemy team and defend a point in Control for ages.

GunnerZ

And the nobel prize goes to ReignofSparrows 👍

deoee

I'm done with the Sunbreaker talk for now. It's always the same
wtzgU.gif

GlamFM

Banned
Woohoo!

IB rank five achieved.

Bought everything, but the sidearm - that was a drop.

Infused it with all my Raid dupes and I´m now 304 with IB gear (306 with Raid gear).

Overall really cool IB. the stuff looks amazing and is, to me, way more desirable than the horrible looking Raid gear.

EDIT: When is the next IB?

Namikaze1

Breezy, it's best to just ignore it. People will complain tomorrow and the next day and the day after and so on and so forth like they been doing since launch week till Bungie gives in to their demands.

Thread title should've been Hammer of Salt.

I assure you that Sunbreaker supers are also going to be nerfed - possibly multiple times. That should tell you something about their current 'balance'.

Depending on how they're nerfed. If they nerf armor, that's fine. But people will still complain because 'mah 1 hit ranged kills'. Their damage was never the problem, it was their armor. But even after that fact people will still complain.

Ok so then compare those supers again please. People posted the pros and cons several times.
Sunbreaker loses to two of them (3 if you do not skill armor) but still has every benefit from almost every super of the game. Plus you can play super dumb as a SB and just steamroll everything. You can evaporate the enemy team and defend a point in Control for ages.

Why should you compare the supers? If we use that metric then Sunsingers and Defenders are incredibly the worst because,'you can't play dumb as a SB and just steamroll everything'.

Breezy, it's best to just ignore it. People will complain tomorrow and the next day and the day after and so on and so forth till Bungie gives in to their demands.

Thread title should've been Hammer of Salt.

Yup. Nerf the armor, sure. That's fine. Put it in line with a stormtrances armor, remove the fantasy of being a Titan and..you know...being the most armored class. But people won't stop complaining until they can only throw 2 hammers, die in 1 bullet, and the hammer fizzles out 3 feet infront of them.

People act like Sunbreakers came into their home, burned down everything they owned, then blew up their car, then hammered them at the work place, and then deleted all their Destiny data.

RemiLP

To add fule to the sb hate, i just killed a whole team capping a zone with one hammer and then went on to kill some of them again when they returned :)

Feels good.

deoee

Depending on how they're nerfed. If they nerf armor, that's fine. But people will still complain because 'mah 1 hit ranged kills'. Their damage was never the problem, it was their armor. But even after that fact people will still complain.

Why should you compare the supers? If we use that metric then Sunsingers and Defenders are incredibly the worst because,'you can't play dumb as a SB and just steamroll everything'.

Ehm I compare supers because I want to point out how SB has every good thing about every other super and is broken?

Jeez what's wrong with you :D
I don't want the classe nerfed to the ground, it just has to be balanced and is not ok in it's current state.

Ehm I compare supers because I want to point out how SB has every good thing about every other super and is broken?

Jeez what's wrong with you :D
I don't want the classe nerfed to the ground, it just has to be balanced and is not ok in it's current state.

So you're saying a Sunbreaker should just be 1 hit like a Voidwalker and Striker? Why else are you comparing the supers? Titans have always had the most armor out of any class, and now they finally get a super they can use offensively. Better compare it to a voidwalker and say 'oh no they're getting evvverrrything!'

deoee

So you're saying a Sunbreaker should just be 1 hit like a Voidwalker and Striker? Why else are you comparing the supers? Titans have always had the most armor out of any class, and now they finally get a super they can use offensively. Better compare it to a voidwalker and say 'oh no they're getting evvverrrything!'
I'm done with the Sunbreaker talk for now. It's always the same
wtzgU.gif

In ToO, the counter to GG is a Sniper Rifle unless you're in close quarters, then it's create distance so you can use your Sniper Rifle. The counter to Blade Dancer is create space and focus fire. In both of those cases, you're creating space specifically so you can counter the super. Distance makes it harder for a GG user to hit you, and gives you time to focus fire the Blade Dancer down while they're awkwardly trying to swim towards you because they can only walk or swim through the air.

Sunbreakers strat is to run away because they can throw the hammers long distances, the hammers have tracking, prox detonation, AND splash damage.. and the moment you get killed by one, they regen health making it even harder for your team to take them out.

Blade Dancer is particularly more awkward to maneuver while avoiding enemy fire. It's pretty easy to buy extra time against one simply by using your jump to change directions. Sunbreaker is particularly harder to avoid.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Sunbreakers are only good using supers. Supers are once or twice a match naturally. The other classes are much better in every other aspect without taking supers into account. And all classes and subclasses are OP in lag. That's the biggest issue.

I have OHKO sunbros a few times. And every single one has been down to their skill tree and not having maxed armour on top of me being at sufficient range that they couldn't see me or I was already covering a lane with my high impact sniper.

If that same sunbro saw me and I still got the shot off it would be a trade.

If a sunbro with Max armour saw me I would be dead and he would have a slither of health that would immediately regen to full. Meaning that my team mates are screwed.

In my opinion sunbro only needs to lose the health regen on kills. It will suddenly become a lot easier to take them down as people focus fire.

Titans are meant to be a bullet sponge and nerfing their Overshield isn't the way to go. Just stop it regenerating.

Sunbreakers are only good using supers. Supers are once or twice a match naturally. The other classes are much better in every other aspect without taking supers into account. And all classes and subclasses are OP in lag. That's the biggest issue.

Yarp. Whilst we judge other classes by the sum of their total, Sunbreakers only get judged by their super. Nevermind the fact that Stormtrance has the best melees and grenades with an extremely strong Super that gives them blink+armor+constant DPS, or that Nightstalkers have alot of utility in terms of their map/dodge roll/area of denial grenades/versatile smoke grenades that can be used defensively or offensively.

Sunbreakers meanwhile have armor(Like a titan should), some lackluster grenades(Best pvp one being the sticky. They have area of denial, but unlike the Nightstalker it's not constant fire.) They heal when killing someone with fire which synergizes, but otherwise as a class they're lackluster until the Super is brought into discussion.

Makes sense they have a strong super but are lackluster elsewhere.

Titans are meant to be a bullet sponge and nerfing their Overshield isn't the way to go. Just stop it regenerating.

People complaining about the overshield have no idea how it works. "Oh Sunbros get overshields and they can move and nuke anything!". Except Titans only get an overshield if they're standing in their fire, making them immobile. "Oh but a titan can hammer ahead and create sunspots!" And what? Not throw a hammer at an enemy? Be restricted to where the sunspots are?

It's like....funny.

oSoLucky

It's been repeated many, many times, but if SB could be shutdown by a headshot by a high impact sniper like the other offensive supers and needing to land the hammer for a kill then it would be fine, and still really, really good. I want the super to be good still(like all should be) but in 6v6 it has a bit too much kill potential. When you hear Arc Blades, GG, Stormtrance get popped, the whole team turns on that player to kill them(which sometimes leads to a big push since the other players go unchecked) but when you hear that Hammer on Anvil/Gong the first instinct is to run since it's likely that the Titan is still going to kill 3+ before he gets shutdown.

Alternatively, if the health regen was changed it would be fine too I think, it's just that when they get a kill it goes from a headshot plus another source of damage to 2 headshots plus another source of damage to kill them, which makes things much harder.

Sunbreakers can literally kill a whole team with one hammer and then spawn kill whoever they find while roaming for the next 15 seconds because their super lasts forever. Its broken. The rest of the class perks are mediocre but the super is broken.

EL CUCO

Sunbreakers can literally kill a whole team with one hammer and then spawn kill whoever they find while roaming for the next 15 seconds because their super lasts forever. Its broken. The rest of the class perks are mediocre but the super is broken.
And it feeds orbs to their entire team, thus leading to more Hammers (likely)...

Lol, we still arguing about Sunbreakers, just give them the same level of super as Gunslingers and be done with it (3/4 Hammers, can be sniped, turn down the auto aim/range of hammers and slow down the health region)

Had a play around with the IB pulse and its a worthy successor to the Hypescotch

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
So many Warlock and Hunter mains in here angry about Titans being competitive for once.

This SB talk goes no where.

nOoblet16

Here is the problem with Sunbreaker super:

1) Multi hits (7 hits vs 4 max possible with Gunslinger)
2) Highest Damage reduction for the fastest class
3) AoE OHK attacks
4) Can track/make the character recover health
5) Extremely dumb fire friendly, one can just jump and lob a hammer without even aiming and it works. GG on the other hand needs to be aimed properly since it's not AoE (This is despite the trajectory for hammers compared to GG's hitscan since the maps are not big enough for the trajectory to make any difference)

Point 1 and Point 2 together make up for more than half of the reasons why people are complaining about Sunbreakers.

You might say this gives TItan a chance now that they have a powerful class but making a super powerful is not the way to buff a class, Bladedancer was the best class in game pre TTK but it was because of their abilities rather than their super which was and is still very inconsistent.

Now why would I run into a sunbreaker as a bladedancer? It's easy to avoid a sunbreaker, unless you decide to run up to them. If a sunbreaker tries to chase you down, you can juke them easily with a bladedancer.

If a Bladedancer however decides to chase you down, their speed combined with their blink and their leap is much much worse. A Sunbreaker has range over a bladedancer, but again you can avoid this by either gunning down a sunbreaker while their super is popping or avoiding the general area when you hear it.
Bladedancers are easier to kill than Sunbreakers...a lot easier actually.
Blink has cooldown, their attack animation that they use to cover distance has cooldown and leaves them vulnerable and lag has a tremendous role in determining success because you can kill someone and still get killed since the hit doesn't get registered until much later and you are open to fire for a lot longer due to the nature of close encounter.

Here's something that happened just now. I was in that room in front of C flag in Twilight Gap, and I took a stop there since I heard the Hammer so I wanted the guy to pass, unfortunately the guy decided to head inside rather than outside. Regardless he didn't know I was there (I was crouched) and he didn't even look at me..instead he threw a hammer at C Flag but that Hammer ended up tracking me and killed me despite the fact that I wasn't even visible on his screen and he didn't even have an idea I was there.

My point being, it's not easy to avoid hammers and you actually have to be lucky and the other Titan needs to be totally incompetent to not kill you despite seeing you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom