• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sunbreakers can literally kill a whole team with one hammer and then spawn kill whoever they find while roaming for the next 15 seconds because their super lasts forever. Its broken. The rest of the class perks are mediocre but the super is broken.

If your team is bad enough to be clumped up for a titan to not waste 5 hammers on you and then manage to kill your team again, then I dunno what to say.

oSoLucky

Yarp. Whilst we judge other classes by the sum of their total, Sunbreakers only get judged by their super. Nevermind the fact that Stormtrance has the best melees and grenades with an extremely strong Super that gives them blink+armor+constant DPS, or that Nightstalkers have alot of utility in terms of their map/dodge roll/area of denial grenades/versatile smoke grenades that can be used defensively or offensively.

Sunbreakers meanwhile have armor(Like a titan should), some lackluster grenades(Best pvp one being the sticky. They have area of denial, but unlike the Nightstalker it's not constant fire.) They heal when killing someone with fire which synergizes, but otherwise as a class they're lackluster until the Super is brought into discussion.

Makes sense they have a strong super but are lackluster elsewhere.

People complaining about the overshield have no idea how it works. "Oh Sunbros get overshields and they can move and nuke anything!". Except Titans only get an overshield if they're standing in their fire, making them immobile. "Oh but a titan can hammer ahead and create sunspots!" And what? Not throw a hammer at an enemy? Be restricted to where the sunspots are?

It's like....funny.

There are really only a few grenades that stand above the rest across all classes. The SB has decent options when all is said and done. The melee and neutral does leave a lot to be desired.

They're really exacerbated by how it seems like there are constant hammers due to orbs when you have 2 or 3 on a team.

CREMSteve

I die plenty on my Sunbreaker. The super is fun, but if my HP aren't full when I pop it, I typically don't last very long. The sucky thing is, if you're killed right when you activate Hammers, you lose the super.

I like how on my Striker, if I'm killed mid-Fist of Havoc, I don't lose the super energy.

CREMSteve

Lol, we still arguing about Sunbreakers, just give them the same level of super as Gunslingers and be done with it (3/4 Hammers, can be sniped, turn down the auto aim/range of hammers and slow down the health region)

Had a play around with the IB pulse and its a worthy successor to the Hypescotch

You are literally asking them to nerf every significant perk the SB has, lol.

Tovarisc

So many Warlock and Hunter mains in here angry about Titans being competitive for once.

This SB talk goes no where.

Being broken and OP as fuck isn't same as competitive tho.

Sunbreakers imo need small armor nerf for when super is active and/or give cauterize internal CD. Currently their armor is like having build in pre-nerf Ram and cauterize is full HP for days, 24/7. Even with reduced armor and/or cauterize CD they would still rip shit apart in PvE, but would bring their power level just nudge down in PvP as they would be more counterable.

Also why hammers have proxy detonation? That shit doesn't need even hit target when it has build-in horseshoes perk.

Stormcaller needs melee range nerf.

Namikaze1

Sunbreakers can literally kill a whole team with one hammer and then spawn kill whoever they find while roaming for the next 15 seconds because their super lasts forever. Its broken. The rest of the class perks are mediocre but the super is broken.
Only if the team consists of idiots who like to huddle up for something like that to even happen.

oSoLucky

Being broken and OP as fuck isn't same as competitive tho.

Sunbreakers imo need small armor nerf for when super is active and/or give cauterize internal CD. Currently their armor is like having build in pre-nerf Ram and cauterize is full HP for days, 24/7. Even with reduced armor and/or cauterize CD they would still rip shit apart in PvE, but would bring their power level just nudge down in PvP as they would be more counterable.

Stormcaller needs melee range nerf.

The increased Thunderstrike range is really stupid. Sometimes I feel like I get melee kills at shotgun snipe range.

Future

Yup.

Super armor
One hit kill splash damage
Long duration
Heal on kill
Long range
Tons of hammers

One or some of these things need to go. If you want him to be Tanky, then reduce the splash damage and range and require accuracy. If you want him to be super powerful, then reduce the super armor and regeneration.

Or just allow players to spec as desired. Represent super armor with an overshield that is a selectable perk that competes with hammer splash damage or multiple hammers. If you want high splash damage, then reduce the amount of hammers since each hammer can kill a whole team

Final hit 300 last night and decrypted a primary exotic engram I had been saving. 310 Suros Regime! I was stoked. Such a solid weapon still. So easy to use.

I will say one thing, discussing sunbreakers has made me realize how people treat the class like this unstoppable, impossible to defeat super that causes them to lose as soon as it's activated.

As a Sunbreaker, I wish I was as powerful as you guys make them out to be.

Only if the team consists of idiots who like to huddle up for something like that to even happen.

The fact that such a thing can happen is ridiculous by itself. One shot of super that has 6 charges killing an entire team... Pls

But this discussion is fruitless as always. You'll continue to say we are all just salty so whatever.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
I will say one thing, discussing sunbreakers has realize how people treat the class like this unstoppable, impossible to defeat super that causes them to lose as soon as it's activated.

Yep, when it's clearly not.

The fact that such a thing can happen is ridiculous by itself. One shot of super that has 6 charges killing an entire team... Pls

But this discussion is fruitless as always. You'll continue to say we are all just salty so whatever.

One Stormcaller super can wipe a team as well....

If your team is bad enough to be clumped up for a titan to not waste 5 hammers on you and then manage to kill your team again, then I dunno what to say.

You mean like a team in a game of Control, that has to stand on a point to take it? Or like a team that has to huddle around a Heavy spawn because they're timed, limited spawns that you have to be close enough to when a teammate opens to get?

Yes, an entire team stacked on one spot is bad but 2-3 people at one point is standard play for many Crucible game types.

Future

I will say one thing, discussing sunbreakers has realize how people treat the class like this unstoppable, impossible to defeat super that causes them to lose as soon as it's activated.

When I use my sun breaker alt, getting multi kills is significantly easier with the hammers to me. The only time I can even die really is to a gunslinger. And even then he still needs a couple of shots and I probably still killed him if I saw him

That said sometimes you can miss time it like any super. Or occasionally get countered. Doesn't entirely break the game, but it does clearly outclass the competition. I don't even know how there can be defense for it. It's kind of like shot guns.... There is a clear advantage here that's a bit one sided

RemiLP

I will say one thing, discussing sunbreakers has made me realize how people treat the class like this unstoppable, impossible to defeat super that causes them to lose as soon as it's activated.

Me too hehe.

Just got shot down from across the map by 2 quick golden gun shots. He move slightly away to dodge my slow moving hammer :(

nOoblet16

The team doesn't need to be clumped together for the titan to kill the entire team and you are ignoring the fact that spawn camping exists. A Titan can indeed roam around the map and kill the entire team and then kill some more.

Honestly I'd question a person's ability to grasp the game's current state if they are defending this matter. Sunbreakers have clearly the most one sided super in the game. It is extremely apparent when you play against an entire team of Sunbreakers, it's very difficult to do anything. I was playing with top GAFers and we lost due to mercy rule when we came across a team of sunbreakers...that tells you something.

Like I said on the 2nd page of this thread; "Sunbreaker needs no patching, hunters and warlocks are just salty titans aren't easy kills anymore :p"

The only fix i'd agree is a slight armor debuff, was playin IB and it took two shots with a golden gun to kill me. Other than that one case I've been super'd by almost every character and died with my super activated

oSoLucky

I wish Sunbreaker hammers had wolfpack rounds.

You just made me have an awkward moment with the family I'm visiting. They're all wondering what could have made me laugh so hard. That might be fun for a Mayhem playlist where all supers get upgraded versions.

You mean like a team in a game of Control, that has to stand on a point to take it? Or like a team that has to huddle around a Heavy spawn because they're timed, limited spawns that you have to be close enough to when a teammate opens to get?

Yes, an entire team stacked on one spot is bad but 2-3 people at one point is standard play for many Crucible game types.

You mean just like a Striker super or Warlock super can do the same? Unless your team manages to insta spawn and land on the point for a Titan to get some worth out of 1 or 2 people trying to cap...

RemiLP

Like I said on the 2nd page of this thread; "Sunbreaker needs no patching, hunters and warlocks are just salty titans aren't easy kills anymore :p"

The only fix i'd agree is a slight armor debuff, was playin IB and it took two shots with a golden gun to kill me. Other than that one case I've been super'd by almost every character and died with my super activated

They need to fix sunbreakers so that we get blink and melee with some range :)

Dom59zk.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom