• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedFury

Best options are raid LMG and Thunderlord, imo. I use Thunderlord in IB and it's so good.
I'd like to add the baron's ambition [I dubbed the bloody baron] to that list. That thing single handedly got me through the holiday quest [chaperone bounty] in 3 matches. I have a very nice stability roll on it though. It's a hard hitting lmg and mine has the highest stability of any lmg I've seen almost maxed. Can get easy 2-3 hit kills [headshots] clear across the map. It is laser, a very nasty laser.

And here we go with the superiority shit.

I'm done with this conversation.

Y'all stay mad. Peace.

You weren't participating in the conversation.

And I've never claimed superiority in a discussion here. My post history will validate that. But when you routinely appeal to how everyone doesn't know something about an aspect of the game, I think it's pretty worthwhile to point out that many of best PvP Gaffers completely disagree.

You mean just like a Striker super or Warlock super can do the same? Unless your team manages to insta spawn and land on the point for a Titan to get some worth out of 1 or 2 people trying to cap...

The nature of Striker and Warlock Supers along with Map design means those classes have to close to damn near melee range before they pop their supers. That means they show up on radar and can be attacked before they can get the maximum effect from their super.

Sunbreaker can activate well away and run up to the point with their increased armor already intact, forcing a team to either abandon the point/ammo spawn or die. Countering at that point is too late.

Your comparison doesn't fit.

Kinda but..not really. It's ok. 3/5 I would say.

From my limited use it seems pretty decent, the problem is that it's hard to evaluate it in a vacuum, and it's not as good as some of the other exotics(especially the other 2 gunsmith ones).

I am not a fan of it. It's decent but I wouldn't waste my exotic weapon slot on it.

Hmm alright, thanks! Just two weapon tests away from rank 3 on my titan.

RedFury

I'm already lvl 5 IB with my Titan. Is it worth doing with my hunter for the cloak. Not a big fan but anything is better then that hideous neurogast cloak. Looks like I'm wearing an octopus on my head. How long would it take to get to lvl 3? I can finish the weeklies no problem.

X-Frame

I'm over the Sunbreaker class now (as a Titan). I don't find it fun in PvP to almost effortlessly get Breaker medals so I've switched back to Striker/Defender. I will say that I really enjoy the Sunbreaker in PvE though, so I'm scared of whatever Bungie may do to the sub-class that'll affect PvE. I love Stoke the Forge and Fleetfire, it's very satisfying in PvE.

I just want Bungie to fix/update the older sub-classes now. Shoulder Charge seems to have been nerfed/affected by whatever melee attack aim assist update they did for 2.0 and is much less consistent. Fist of Havoc seemingly has much less damage resistance by default (without Unstoppable) and the blast radius for Fist of Havoc also seems noticeably smaller. This makes it incredibly weak and the risk:reward is completely out of whack compared to the other Year 1 super Nova Bomb.

Their weakness is compounded without The Armamentarium or Peregrine Greaves in Year 2. I'm sure the Dunemarchers and Twlight Garrison will help, but those don't seem to be 100% rolled out yet.

You say that but I see similar kind of post by breezy too

Because that's objective. People who think the Overshield is a huge issue don't realize it makes a Titan immobile if they're going for that playstyle.

A lot of people that I know who are complaining are significantly better than you at PvP, but keep talking about how nobody gets how it works except for you.

I would say I'm better than you in PvP :p Besides I don't think I've really played with you for you to make such an uninformed comment.

Tovarisc

The nature of Striker and Warlock Supers along with Map design means those classes have to close to damn near melee range before they pop their supers. That means they show up on radar and can be attacked before they can get the maximum effect from their super.

Sunbreaker can activate well away and run up to the point with their increased armor already intact, forcing a team to either abandon the point/ammo spawn or die. Countering at that point is too late.

Your comparison doesn't fit.

Well to be fair Stormcaller has perk that allows super last 100-150% longer if you have full melee and grenade energy when activating super. Then you can have blink build into your super through another perk, duration and blink perks can and should be active at same time. Stormcaller is still super easy to take down tho and blink has internal CD making spamming it impossible.

With good timing play you can do serious damage with it, but few seconds of focus fire will kill stormcaller. Even person you are going after can kill you with shotgun because of supers range and it taking 2-3 ticks to kill.

Daemul

Dom59zk.gif

200.gif

WipedOut

I'm already lvl 5 IB with my Titan. Is it worth doing with my hunter for the cloak. Not a big fan but anything is better then that hideous neurogast cloak. Looks like I'm wearing an octopus on my head. How long would it take to get to lvl 3? I can finish the weeklies no problem.
You're better off buying one from the speaker. Both are solid this week and the best two IMO.

Sullichin

Worth going with braced frame over perfect balance for the IB Pulse, for that little extra bit of stability? I'm assuming it's probably worth the ammo trade off.

killroy87

So I just bought some emotes like an idiot. The menu only lets me change the one mapped to left on the d-pad, but how to I customize every other direction?

Mindlog

Yup. Nerf the armor, sure. That's fine. Put it in line with a stormtrances armor, remove the fantasy of being a Titan and..you know...being the most armored class. But people won't stop complaining until they can only throw 2 hammers, die in 1 bullet, and the hammer fizzles out 3 feet infront of them.
Why do we have to devolve the dialog into the silly extremes?

And the other classes need adjustments as well.
Stormtrance lasts too long.
Bladedancers should have lost Quick Draw ages ago. Free Quick Draw with blink is silly.

This 'my class' vs 'your class' stuff is for the birds.
Is the Exotic AR Fabian Strategy for the Titan good?
Read somewhere that its perk may not be activating correctly and that if it did the Fabian would be a monster.
Worth going with braced frame over perfect balance for the IB Pulse, for that little extra bit of stability? I'm assuming it's probably worth the ammo trade off.
Braced Frame has the biggest effect on Pulse Rifles out of all the perks. It tightens grouping significantly.

chur

I'd say it's worth it just so you'll have the cloak right off the bat when the next IB starts. Since your main is already rank 5 your hunter should earn double the rep on wins and bounties. It should go by very quickly.

Why do we have to devolve the dialog into the silly extremes?

In this case, alot of people are treating Sunbreakers as an extreme. Like, the way they talk about SB's, you would think a SB is an unstoppable Terminator with 100% perfect accuracy that can snipe you across the map, shrugging off rocket launchers and sniper rounds, whilst having the grace of a bird and flying around the map.

Like I said, nerf their armor. But unfortunately I don't think that'll make people happy until they butcher them.

RedFury

I would say the little difference it makes is not worth losing a burst for. When you can get consistent 2-3 burst kills depending on engagement that 1 burst can be the difference between 3 or 4 kills per mag for example. The IB PR is so good enjoy.
Edit: 2 burst difference...totally not worth it IMO. Just try it both ways and if you can handle it without braced frame then keep that extra kill potential in hand.

Sullichin

I got the cloak at level 2. and the boots and sidearm at rank 3. I was surprised at the last one since you have to be rank 4 to buy it.

MrDaravon

Lag in every single IB match today except for the last one...where the other team took B and they had a guy firing Shadowshots for I shit you not at least two minutes straight. It was actually kind of impressive.

Tovarisc

In this case, alot of people are treating Sunbreakers as an extreme. Like, the way they talk about SB's, you would think a SB is an unstoppable Terminator with 100% perfect accuracy that can snipe you across the map, shrugging off rocket launchers and sniper rounds, whilst having the grace of a bird and flying around the map.

Like I said, nerf their armor. But unfortunately I don't think that'll make people happy until they butcher them.

Bring armor down by notch and put internal CD into cauterize so titans can't chain heal from kills. That would make SB more vulnerable for counter plays that don't involve popping couple supers into them while maintaining their viability in both PvP and PvP.

imo

Edit:
I would say the little difference it makes is not worth losing a burst for. When you can get consistent 2-3 burst kills depending on engagement that 1 burst can be the difference between 3 or 4 kills per mag for example. The IB PR is so good enjoy.

Buf if you land at least one headshot kill then reloading IB PR takes blink of an eye.

No drops? Shit dude, that's really bad luck.
I have Hunter & Warlock at 5.
4 cloaks, 1 bond, 1 sidearm

0 IB drops. Got a couple of legendary engrams along the way, both Neurocast or whatever it is but that was it.

Don't have enough marks to buy Pulse, Cloak, Butt Flag and both armours either which kinda sucks.

shermas

It's so fast because of the 'catch up' buff... I got to 3 on my Titan, started on my Hunter and the Hunter almost caught him in just a couple matches.

I'm now 5 with my Titan, 3 with my Hunter and trying to decide if I should start with my Warlock or not. I got the PR and I bought the Wolf Hat, so I think I'm good.

You can probably earn that weekly bounty still (play 13 matches/win 7) and that'll rank you up super fast.

oSoLucky

Heh, just got a 10 killstreak with one stormcaller :) Feels good.

The chaining ability is crazy on the super. I've never bothered trying the improved chaining. I routinely see it hitting people that are hiding that I would have not known were there otherwise. I wouldn't be mad if it got reduced a bit.

Massively worth it.

Edit another massively long ass grind to rank up a new monarchy level, another shit reward. Where's the smart loot, Luke :p

Well to be fair Stormcaller has perk that allows super last 100-150% longer if you have full melee and grenade energy when activating super. Then you can have blink build into your super through another perk, duration and blink perks can and should be active at same time. Stormcaller is still super easy to take down tho and blink has internal CD making spamming it impossible.

With good timing play you can do serious damage with it, but few seconds of focus fire will kill stormcaller. Even person you are going after can kill you with shotgun because of supers range and it taking 2-3 ticks to kill.

Yup. And Sunbreaker wouldn't be as bad if it was also either lower armored or didn't have the regen. The class doesn't need to be nuked from orbit. It just needs to have something adjusted down.

There is zero drawback to Sunbreaker at the moment.

GG has a loud, bright animation that takes away control and the defenses are normal.
Blade Dancer has lower mobility and control is awkward limiting map travel.
Nightstalker leaves the player floating in the air, exposed for counter attack.
Nova Bomb leaves the player floating in the air, exposed for counter attack and has limited effect radius in smaller spaces.
Radiance has a loud, bright animation and has no "new" abilities.
Stormcaller has slow mobility, normal damage taken and limited to just beyond melee range.
Defender bubble is stationary, nearly no offensive use.
Striker one time use with limited range, ending animation takes away player control.

Sunbreaker... can't Carlton dance at the same time as they run around roflhammering anyone in sight?

Edit: Only appropriate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom