• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup. And Sunbreaker wouldn't be as bad if it was also either lower armored or didn't have the regen. The class doesn't need to be nuked from orbit. It just needs to have something adjusted down.

There is zero drawback to Sunbreaker at the moment.

GG has a loud, bright animation that takes away control and the defenses are normal.
Blade Dancer has lower mobility and control is awkward limiting map travel.
Nightstalker leaves the player floating in the air, exposed for counter attack.
Nova Bomb leaves the player floating in the air, exposed for counter attack and has limited effect radius in smaller spaces.
Radiance has a loud, bright animation and has no "new" abilities.
Stormcaller has slow mobility, normal damage taken and limited to just beyond melee range.
Defender bubble is stationary, nearly no offensive use.
Striker one time use with limited range, ending animation takes away player control.

Sunbreaker... can't Carlton dance at the same time as they run around roflhammering anyone in sight?

What am I reading

Blade Dancer has lower mobility? wat?
GG takes away control? Haha what?

Radiance does suck. Stormcaller actually moves as fast if not faster than your normal speed, and it's NOT limited to just beyond range.

Sunbreaker has a HUGE pop that you can hear from half way across the map. But the rest of your observations are either wrong or hyperbole.

Frenden

Banned
Went on a 10 and two 5 kill streaks with the IB pulse. A couple unlucky spots or it'd been unbroken.

This was AFTER picking Braced. After Braced, it felt essentially the same as my 1000 motes worth of god rolled, pre-nerf Hopscotch (minus the high impact and with a slightly slower theoretical TTK).

GunnerZ

tumblr_muozp1NVA71snjm1bo1_500.gif

Lets have fun instead!

Eco change HYPE

and and

Yes, HARD MODE. GAF HM IS COMING!
Finally some positivity 👍

Something other then this stupid titan aurgment

X-Frame

Bring armor down by notch and put internal CD into cauterize so titans can't chain heal from kills. That would make SB more vulnerable for counter plays that don't involve popping couple supers into them while maintaining their viability in both PvP and PvP.

Hell no. This would butcher the class for PvE.

Stoke the Forge + Fleetfire + Cauterize would no longer work in PvE and be absolutely pointless.

I would say I'm better than you in PvP :p Besides I don't think I've really played with you for you to make such an uninformed comment.

I remember playing you once where you went negative and lost, if you want to make it about that. But here's the super cool part - I was referring to people I play with who talk about the state of PvP, not myself. That's why I said 'people' and didn't refer to myself. I have enough information to reach that conclusion.

Went on a 10 and two 5 kill streaks with the IB pulse. A couple unlucky spots or it'd been unbroken.

This was AFTER picking Braced. After Braced, it felt essentially the same as my 1000 motes worth of god rolled Hopscotch (minus the high impact and with a slightly slower theoretical TTK).

I love it, I'm now at peace with the hopscotch nerf. Agree about braced it's shit with perfect balance

GunnerZ

What am I reading

Radiance does suck. Stormcaller actually moves as fast if not faster than your normal speed, and it's NOT limited to just beyond range.

Sunbreaker has a HUGE pop that you can hear from half way across the map. But the rest of your observations are either wrong or hyperbole.
Bro just give it up all ready jeeze

On the plus side, the titan having such an OP super makes it insanely satisfying to take down.

Doesn't happen often, but like the other night i activated stormcaller and a titan activated his super right after i did (to counter it i assume) and i blinked twice, avoiding his hammers, and ended up right behind him killing him... it was glorious and gave me the biggest smile.

I remember playing you once where you went negative and lost, if you want to make it about that. But here's the super cool part - I was referring to people I play with who talk about the state of PvP, not myself. That's why I said 'people' and didn't refer to myself. I have enough information to reach that conclusion.

Oh man that one time huh? Damn that must've been a long time ago.

Tovarisc

Hell no. This would butcher the class for PvE.

Stoke the Forge + Fleetfire + Cauterize would no longer work in PvE and be absolutely pointless.

Lets say that Bungie was thinking about doing what I said, but lands into your view where it would penalize that combo in PvE too much then it would most likely result in bigger armor nerf. Very high armor combined with easily chainable self-heal without any internal CD is just way too powerful combination for PvP. It's like sunsinger with overshield melee attack and Ram took steroids.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Bungie already said they are looking into the Sunbreaker super and yes I agree it's complete broken. Just a few hours ago I managed to go near a heavy with 5 guys and it was a massacre and I was still alive after all that. All of them left the game.

I think the super should deplete a lot faster, they don't need to do anything else.

What am I reading

Blade Dancer can only walk or awkwardly swim. They lose all of the agile movement and speed that they have when not in Arc Blade mode.

GG activation makes the Hunter jump up and spread their limbs out during activation. The player can not control the Hunter during those frames and unlike Striker's activation, the Hunter gets no Invulnerability frames during the animation.

Stormcaller doesn't move faster, they just have the ability to strafe easier due to how the floating works.

Sunbreaker has an audio cue and a visual cue, yes. So do all the other supers. However once you've heard and seen it, it's too late as they already have improved defenses and possibly regen on kill.

killroy87

Sorry, I'm gonna ask again just because I'm curious; when you buy emotes, can you only actually customize the one on the left d-pad command? It seems completely ludicrous that they wouldn't let you change all four directions.

FyreWulff

Sorry, I'm gonna ask again just because I'm curious; when you buy emotes, can you only actually customize the one on the left d-pad command? It seems completely ludicrous that they wouldn't let you change all four directions.

yes, they're working on making all four directions customizable.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Yes only the left d-pad. They will probably implement something later.

Strider

This thread has hit an all time low. Sad :(

--

I'm gonna do some 3oC farming for about an hour on strikes if anyone wants to join. Gonna start in about 10 minutes.

SkylineRKR

This was AFTER picking Braced. After Braced, it felt essentially the same as my 1000 motes worth of god rolled, pre-nerf Hopscotch (minus the high impact and with a slightly slower theoretical TTK).

I knew Braced was the way to go, so I put it on right away. Even 90 stab still gives some recoil. You'll want 100. This was the case for Hop, which I gladly sacrificed a few bursts for to use Braced. You'll have reload buff anyway (on Hop I had Frenzy)

I also use Trueshot since it gives highest AA I think.

Mupod

"OH MAN I'M FINALLY IN FIRST PLACE FUCK YEAH"

and then some guy on the other team had like 10 more points. This bounty is the dumbest shit ever devised and that's saying a lot for Destiny.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
This thread has hit an all time low. Sad :(

Yeah, haha, pretty sad. Over Destiny PvP of all things. Oh well. Serious business for some folks.

Anyway, hit rank 5 in IB, can safely retire. Unfortunately I prefer the raid pulse over the IB pulse, so IB was kinda pointless in hindsight.

Strider

I really enjoy getting kills with a sidearm because I imagine the person on the other end is fucking shocked to their core lol.

I got killed by a sidearm the other day and I instantly face palmed.

I was just... "I really died to that shit..."

Never felt so outplayed in my life lol

I knew Braced was the way to go, so I put it on right away. Even 90 stab still gives some recoil. You'll want 100. This was the case for Hop, which I gladly sacrificed a few bursts for to use Braced. You'll have reload buff anyway (on Hop I had Frenzy)

I also use Trueshot since it gives highest AA I think.

Red Dot does. Sights are all down to personal preference anyway

X-Frame

Lets say that Bungie was thinking about doing what I said, but lands into your view where it would penalize that combo in PvE too much then it would most likely result in bigger armor nerf. Very high armor combined with easily chainable self-heal without any internal CD is just way too powerful combination for PvP. It's like sunsinger with overshield melee attack and Ram took steroids.

I'm in agreement that the damage resistance in Hammer of Sol is too high and can be lowered by 10-15% or however much is needed to that a Golden Gun shot can always one-shot a full-health Hammer of Sol Sunbreaker along with a high-impact sniper like a 1000-Yard Stare, I have no problem with that.

That change would only affect Hammer of Sol and not affect the Sunbreaker's neutral game which is already below average.

Daemul

Watching the Scream Netflix series while farming 3oC as i afk for cooldown.

That series is awesome.

You using Draksis? Draksis remains by far the best way to farm exotic engrams for me, its much more efficient. Only thing you need to do is wait 10 mins between kills.

Mindlog

I lost the post with the GIFs of the possible Lyudmila-D perks anyone have it handy?
Pretty sure I confused Braced Frame with Hand-laid Stock. Even thought it costs range HLS has the tightest grouping.

Actually different sights have different amounts of Aim-assist build into them. Some sights will make landing headshots a lot easier than others.

I know thats why I said Red Dot is the highest (enhanced) :p True sight is "strong". What I meant by preference is for e.g. I hate the OES sight and binned a perfectly rolled Hopscotch because of it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom