• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tecnniqe

Banned
So wait five minutes in between popping 3oC?

Do you pop coin just before or after killing Sardok? More exotic engrams started to drop for me when I started doing what the streamers do and popping the coin immediately after killing an ultra, then waiting 10 mins for the next kill, though this could just be RNG as usual.

Kill ultra > use coin > return to orbit > repeat

I wait like 5-10m

Just got this sick Sniper.

oY7RiP1.png
Has hidden hand, I can also max out the range with the other option below hand-laid stock.

yay/nay?

Strider

Been using Draksis but Sardok def sounds better.

If only for the reason I don't have to have heavy like I do for Draksis... I've popped synthesis for that :/

SkylineRKR

Been using Draksis but Sardok def sounds better.

If only for the reason I don't have to have heavy like I do for Draksis... I've popped synthesis for that :/

Sardok is a nicer fight. The environment is better, not crowded with loads of annoying fucks and you can't really miss potshots on him. The fact that you can orbit at leisure is nice too.

Is it too early to get a Hard raid group prepped for GAF? I would love to tackle next week. I'm light 308, and need some hardcore vets to tackle that baby. I've never done a Hard raid before.

darknil

Since TTK released I was failing HARD on crucible.

Then I finally bought Red Death. K/D on 2.5 on Iron Banner. Best K/D streak since forever for me.

I have a Warpriest CP for later (night on EST) if there's interest for a Raid clear, really need to upgrade my gauntlets.

Daemul

Inb4 Bungie patch Sardok and make mission end immediately after killing him.

In all seriousness though, they have actually patched that mission before, remember how the end portion leading to Sardok used to filled with Major Acolytes and you could farm glimmer so easily there? It was the Exclusion Zone of it's time.

Inb4 Bungie patch Sardok and make mission end immediately after killing him.

In all seriousness though, they have actually patched that mission before, remember how the end portion leading to Sardok used to filled with Major Acolytes and you could farm glimmer so easily there? It was the Exclusion Zone of it's time.

Ah yeah back in the day. I always wondered what happened on later replays where it was just a sad bunch of acolytes, never knew they specifically patched it.

SkylineRKR

Anyone need Taken War Earth by chance?

Xion385

Where's this by chance?

From the spawn area on Dreadnaught, go to the Cabal ship. Into the interior until you reach a closed door on top of a diagonal catwalk in the middle. You can actually jump over the wall to the left of the door. From there its a straight walk past the Bridge towards the Ultra Knight. He's located at the room before the Shield Brothers fight.

Its worth it to kill him if you haven't anyway, he drops some stuff.

JHall

Alright Nirwen's Mercey is amazing. Went back into IB with it and got the top score 3 games in a row. Not really sure what a better perk roll would be from a crazy lucky IB drop. The vendor version is great but I'm not that well versed on pulse rifle perks since I usually avoid them.

My friend got it to drop with headseeker and perfect balance. The salt was real.

Strider

Yep.

Farming glimmer in that mission and buying engrams to level up the cryptarch... A lot of people hunted for legendary gear like that since the reward packages were pretty good back then.

I've been farming 3oC, but I realize that I don't need to. I got every possible exotic from farming Draksis when 3oC came out. I'm 310 in every slot except where I can't get an exotic drop(legs, class item, ghost.)
I'm basically stuck til the raid plays nice.

Xion385

Ah yeah back in the day. I always wondered what happened on later replays where it was just a sad bunch of acolytes, never knew they specifically patched it.

You go into the cabal ship at the spawn and then follow this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIbRRZNnKLQ

Once you do it the first time it's easy. Quicker than running any missions afaik.

From the spawn area on Dreadnaught, go to the Cabal ship. Into the interior until you reach a closed door on top of a diagonal catwalk in the middle. You can actually jump over the wall to the left of the door. From there its a straight walk past the Bridge towards the Ultra Knight. He's located at the room before the Shield Brothers fight.

Its worth it to kill him if you haven't anyway, he drops some stuff.
Thanks!

Afrocious

Definitely. Bounties will give loads of rep today/onwards.

Sure, the 3 weekly bounties alone will get you from 3,5 to 5.

Yea definitely.

I'm still rank 2 as well. Just gonna play and turn in weeklybounties on monday when the buff is even stronger than now. Should hit 5 easily.

Awesome. So the rep rewarded from the weekly bounties increase by each day?

Yeah I'll turn mine in on Monday as well.

killroy87

How do I get Prison of Eldars treasure keys? I used to get them by doing bounties from the girl on the Reef, but that doesn't seem to be a thing

How do I get Prison of Eldars treasure keys? I used to get them by doing bounties from the girl on the Reef, but that doesn't seem to be a thing

You only get 1 guaranteed treasure key per week from doing 1 of those bounties, unfortunately. Other than that, you can only randomly get them in chests from when you complete a PoE.

They used to have Wolves that roamed the planets that you can kill and it leaves like 90 seconds to find an ether chest and you open it and can try to farm them, but they took the wolves out in place for the Taken.

Daemul

lol yeah, the patch was hilarious, it had everyone going "Wtf?!". I'll try and find it.

Found it.

https://www.bungie.net/7_Update-1014---Patch-Notes/en/News/News?aid=12161

Missions
Shrine of Oryx: Reduced difficulty by removing majors from Heroic tiers
Sword of Crota: Reduced difficulty by removing majors from Heroic tiers
Exclusion Zone: Reduced difficulty by removing majors from Heroic tiers

Shit still makes me burst out in laughter to this day.

Yep.

Farming glimmer in that mission and buying engrams to level up the cryptarch... A lot of people hunted for legendary gear like that since the reward packages were pretty good back then.

Yep, I got most of my legendary gear from doing that, even with purple engrams turning into blues it was still reliable.

Iron Banana level 5 on all 3 characters. Pulse rifle is pretty freaking good. I'm not sure whether to buy another one or get 3 pairs of boots to complete the IB set sets.

eizarus

Banned
Guys, I'm looking for a clan to join. Figured that the Community OT might be a good place to start. I was in a clan on PS3 where they used Line to talk, organise, etc. and since moving to PS4 the two clans I've been in so far haven't really been that sociable. So if anyones got a clan willing to recruit me that are nice, sociable people, hit me up.

PSN: ranjha187
40 Hunter (283 light)
40 Warlock (240 light)
35 Titan (173 light)
Love both PvP and PvE, though I prefer PvP.

MechDX

Anyone wanna do 3x Heroic Strikes for the marks? Went into solo and already one AFK asshole.

I hate AFK'ers as much as anyone and while I do believe the majority of them are just being assholes who don't want to do any of the strike but the boss there is another reason.

I was running strikes last night and enjoy the drop buff you get. At one point I didn't want to stop and lose the buff but I had to go to the bathroom and grab a smoke. Not really easy to do and not lose your buff. Bungie needs to give you a "5 minute pause" type option while in orbit or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom