• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

spyder_ur

I honestly don't know and would be curious if anyone has already done this. I wouldn't be surprised if it still worked, at least to get you to the same planetary materials and ability kills step.

You're good as long as you didn't upgrade the other two swords on your alts.. You'll get the strike on Wednesday and then you can transfer the other two swords to your main.

Got it, thanks. Haven't touched the swords on my alts yet. So should I wait until Wednesday to transfer and upgrade?

zewone

So kill her then immediately kill yourself?

If you kill her in the room before the boss room (when you first see her) she'll drop the loot.

You can then kill yourself.

Blowing yourself up in the boss room works as well, but killing her prior leaves a lot more room for error.

If you want to kill her in the first room, I'd recommend a tether and a team of Raze-Lighter swords.

You also get the vanguard buff from this method of killing her repeatedly, lol.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and don't go too far up the hill towards the boss room. It might put you into the next phase.

Bradach

Shortgaze is still great for PvE, it boosts aim assist and 1000 Yard already has crazy high AA. On that second sniper I'd take Longview since it also boosts AA and has slightly higher zoom which is fine for PvE. Ambush will drop your range and stability iirc so I'd avoid that.

Regardless I'd stick with the quest reward sniper with Shortgaze. Firefly is easily the best PvE perk on either one, stuff like Quick Draw is a total non-isssue. It's been my faithful companion for all of TTK, infused up to 310.

Thanks Driz. I'll switch to the quest one.

LTWood12

If you kill her in the room before the boss room (when you first see her) she'll drop the loot.

You can then kill yourself.

Blowing yourself up in the boss room works as well, but killing her prior leaves a lot more room for error.

If you want to kill her in the first room, I'd recommend a tether and a team of Raze-Lighter swords.

You also get the vanguard buff from this method of killing her repeatedly, lol.

Wow. Love the ingenuity.

I don't find supplicants and harpies to be all that interesting. Just an ammo drain.

Fwiw supplicants aren't a pure trash spawn wave. The outside team has to coordinate with the teleported team to activate the correct portal. The supplicants' AI + attack also add a unique challenge. Admittedly the outside team has always been the thinnest part of the Atheon encounter but you still have to plan around them and continue to clear them during Times's Vengeance. More teamwork and communication required.

For harpies he's talking about Axis Harpy majors during the "summons fanatics" waves at Confluxes. They aren't interesting themselves but work well when combined with fanatics that use both the suicide bomber attack and the Marked/cleanse mechanic plus Hobgoblin spawns during the final wave. Honestly I wish you couldn't cheese this in the spirit bloom cave or high up on geometry, trying to use the cleansing pool while more fanatics spawn around you is great fun.

PvPRGJl.png

This baby is gonna be all I need come IB. DAT RANGE.
AND STABILITY
. Conspiracy Theory D for close-quarters shenanigans.

Hawksaw is a fucking monster in the Crucible.

matmanx1

What's so special about the Hawkmoon?

It sounds great, it hits like a truck and those bonus damage shots will make you feel like a hero. It's also still quite good in PVP at mid range and closer. It's one of the very few HC's that are still worth using (IMO).

LifEndz

If your titan has completed an exotic sword quest already;

- Go to your hunter and warlock and do the steps required to pick up the legendary swords
- Transfer each of these swords to your titan as they are
- Level them up (upgrade all nodes) and infuse each to 280+, purchase all upgrades WHILE ON YOUR TITAN
- Go back to Shaxx and he will start your questlines for those swords at the rare elements/ability kills step, skipping the crucible/majors and the mission to kill the knight steps

Profit.

Thank you so much! Was certain getting my other exotic swords would take forever.

SkylineRKR

I think Hawkmoon is kind of meh, but yeah, its one of the better HC in TTK. I vaulted it weeks ago though. There is just far better stuff to use such as Hung Jury, a good Treads roll, Hawksaw, Zhalo...

I love Hawksaw but I don't like its recoil in PvP. I have one with Rifled barrel and appended mag but I think I need one with Perfect balance. Its probably too late though.

Fwiw supplicants aren't a pure trash spawn wave. The outside team has to coordinate with the teleported team to activate the correct portal. The supplicants' AI + attack also add a unique challenge. Admittedly the outside team has always been the thinnest part of the Atheon encounter but you still have to plan around them and continue to clear them during Times's Vengeance. More teamwork and communication required.

For harpies he's talking about Axis Harpy majors during the "summons fanatics" waves at Confluxes. They aren't interesting themselves but work well when combined with fanatics that use both the suicide bomber attack and the Marked/cleanse mechanic plus Hobgoblin spawns during the final wave. Honestly I wish you couldn't cheese this in the spirit bloom cave or high up on geometry, trying to use the cleansing pool while more fanatics spawn around you is great fun.

Initially it was a coordinated thing to clear supplicants but eventually players realized you could just hold both portals open and just constantly clear supplicants. They're not a big danger unless the entire group is geared at the lower threshold of viability for whatever mode of VoG you're taking part in. The teleported team has the much more interesting challenge during that phase.

And I'm aware he's talking about the summons fanatics waves. Again, that phase mostly serves as an ammo drain (on HM at least). Good positioning and two accurate raid members clearing Hobs and there's very little threat. It only becomes a challenge when people start running out of ammo due to sparse drops and that's not a very interesting challenge imo. Just as DPS Burn/Gear Check encounters aren't very interesting.

The best encounters require teamwork, communication, and then execution. When you get it right, it feels like the Raid Group is a high functioning well oiled machine. That's what makes Atheon so much fun even now.

So either way you only have to kill one Asylum Knight since if you have all 3 at that step, 1 kill completes it for all?

Regardless, this is huge! I'm at the 25 guardian kill phase with my first sword so I'm definitely going to take advantage of this for the other 2!

Thanks guys

Yeah you should only have to kill the Asylum Knight once. If you haven't messed with your other swords yet just wait until you're on the material farming part. Transfer them over and infuse then go crazy with farming and ability kills. The best part of this is you'll be making ability kill progress no matter what subclass you're playing or activity you're doing.

Got it, thanks. Haven't touched the swords on my alts yet. So should I wait until Wednesday to transfer and upgrade?

Afaik it shouldn't matter if you wait. If Capt Science knows better I'll let him chime in. The key issue to make sure you don't infuse and fully level either sword on your alts!! That will definitely screw it up. Transfer those to your main pronto just in case.

KanameYuuki

Lol Nami, I had no idea you could do that to the boss, I feel bad for him though, I think he might need glasses but he is too afraid to use them because he could look dumb.

Tovarisc

It sounds great, it hits like a truck and those bonus damage shots will make you feel like a hero. It's also still quite good in PVP at mid range and closer. It's one of the very few HC's that are still worth using (IMO).

I think you really have to love to HC's [read: Hawkmoon] in order to bother with them in Y2 PvP, when looking at meta and balance of current time.

Afaik it shouldn't matter if you wait. If Capt Science knows better I'll let him chime in. The key issue to make sure you don't infuse and fully level either sword on your alts!! That will definitely screw it up. Transfer those to your main pronto just in case.

You're totally right. I just wrote how I did it. I was playing it safe. Plenty here have had all three swords at the strike phase at once so waiting isn't necessary.

Sullichin

Monte Carlo / Erine Sniper / Vertigo or Sword will be my IB combo for my Warlock. Surprised I don't see more Montes because it's really good now. Ace of Spades & Stillpiercer on my Hunter.

zewone

How long did that take total?

I got the bond and gun in about an hour.

It could have went faster, but we were using Gjallarhorns for the first hour. After awhile I decided to try Raze-Lighter and that was a much better choice.

More ammo and more damage.

LordofPwn

will nothing stop this OT train? The Destiny OT is like a sunbreaker compared to all the other game OTs. I guess The Halo OT would be a blade dancer?

Either way good job Drizzay!
Is patch dropping today or tomorrow?

I didn't stop hiding from the Axis Harpies and Fanatics until I played the Vault as a 34. Which is a real shame. Because like you said it's a lot of fun everyone converging on one point and defending yourselves.

Same with the Sword Bridge in Crota's End. It's so much fun coordinating getting 6 people across that bridge. Unlike the Daughters which relies on a random mechanic to make sure everyone can do the platforming, the Bridge just makes everyone knows how to grab the sword and kill the Gatekeeper by actually making everyone grab the sword and kill the Gatekeeper.

Another example of a fight that rarely plays as well as it could is the Thrallway in CE. Everyone stages it to send one guy down there as fast as possible to get the chest. In our flawless runs, we took our time and it was totally different. the 6 of us were lined up shoulder to shoulder doing a slow walk as we lay a torrent of fire at that doorway. Firefly blasts, thrall screams and here we were walking down cool as ice. Unstoppable. Was actually one of my favorite raid moments.

Deku Tree

I got the bond and gun in about an hour.

It could have went faster, but we were using Gjallarhorns for the first hour. After awhile I decided to try Raze-Lighter and that was a much better choice.

More ammo and more damage.

Thanks. But that wasn't the first time you did it right? I remember and earlier post of you doing it too.

So I moved around my three swords a lot and now I'm screwed out of one exotic quest.

My Warlock (Main) took the void sword, and I'm to the point where I'm waiting for Armsday near the end.

My Titan/Hunter took the Arc/Flame swords, but I don't remember which had which. The swords were ALL in my Warlock's inventory at some point during the slow climb through the quest.

All three swords are above lvl 290 and have been fully upgraded, including the extra level.

My Titan received the exotic sword quest, and it doesn't seem to matter which sword I use (at least for counting the # of majors killed).

My hunter does not get the quest no matter which sword I send her.

I've discarded the quest for my Titan (since he was just beginning), hoping that it would trigger something else for my Hunter, but it didn't. I was able to re-pick up the quest for my Titan, though.

Any idea what I should do?

zewone

Thanks. But that wasn't the first time you did it right? I remember and earlier post of you doing it too.

Yeah, prior to last night we had used the blow Omingul and yourself up method for about an hour.

This new way is much easier and more fool-proof.

Kyne

Monte Carlo / Erine Sniper / Vertigo or Sword will be my IB combo for my Warlock. Surprised I don't see more Montes because it's really good now. Ace of Spades & Stillpiercer on my Hunter.

Monte Carlo is better than it used to be, but will still lose to a lot of things unless you get the jump on them and start firing first.

zewone

I apologize i must have just missed this and can't find it but... what's the "new" method?!

Kill Omnigul in the room prior to the boss room. Where you first see her and she climbs up the hill.

Immediately shoot her with a Hunter tether and everyone rush in with the solar sword (void works too). Once you kill her, she will drop engrams.

You can then have the adds kill you and do it again.

Just don't go up the hill as it might trigger the next phase.

LukeSmith

So I moved around my three swords a lot and now I'm screwed out of one exotic quest.

My Warlock (Main) took the void sword, and I'm to the point where I'm waiting for Armsday near the end.

My Titan/Hunter took the Arc/Flame swords, but I don't remember which had which. The swords were ALL in my Warlock's inventory at some point during the slow climb through the quest.

All three swords are above lvl 290 and have been fully upgraded, including the extra level.

My Titan received the exotic sword quest, and it doesn't seem to matter which sword I use (at least for counting the # of majors killed).

My hunter does not get the quest no matter which sword I send her.

I've discarded the quest for my Titan (since he was just beginning), hoping that it would trigger something else for my Hunter, but it didn't. I was able to re-pick up the quest for my Titan, though.

Any idea what I should do?

Stories like these seem to always end up with:
"And then I deleted my Legendary sword how can I get it back."

So don't do that.

Stories like these seem to always end up with:
"And then I deleted my Legendary sword how can I get it back."

So don't do that.

I was contemplating deleting my Hunter and restarting from scratch. That works too, right? I mean, it's only 300 hours on that alt. Wait, maybe I am going crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom