• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klyka

Banned
Stories like these seem to always end up with:
"And then I deleted my Legendary sword how can I get it back."

So don't do that.

maxresdefault.jpg

Remember kids! Lock your swords!

Tovarisc

So don't do that.

Sorry for hijacking your comment and running it to off-topic, but can we expect some Light level details for IB and ToO before they start? Stuff like is there light level cap [e.g. no benefit to be over 300?] and what light level loot will be from these events.

My go to weapons for IB/Trials will be.

Build 1 on smaller maps.
THE LAST WORD
1000 Yard stare or Eirene RR4(Luck in the chamber) but it has Shortgaze and I love it.
Ruin wake or Vertigo.

The last word is still a great gun once you learn how to control the new version of it. Its all about hipfire, dont even bother aiming down the sights. I just love this gun.
Seeing that LUKE SMITH is reading here now. NO THE LAST WORD SUCKS, give the last word some of the accuracy back when aiming down the sight please :) You guys did nerf it to much there IMO.

Build 2 on larger maps
The Villainy or Smite of merain
Conspiracy Theory
Ruin wake or Vertigo

purg3

slept with Malkin
A sunbreaker with an overshield survives:

2 hits from bladedance
flux stick + close range matador + blink (!!!)

I was actually surprised playing mayhem clash over the weekend. I got stuck with a grenade, got shot a few times and survived lol. This subclass.

Deku Tree

So I moved around my three swords a lot and now I'm screwed out of one exotic quest.

My Warlock (Main) took the void sword, and I'm to the point where I'm waiting for Armsday near the end.

My Titan/Hunter took the Arc/Flame swords, but I don't remember which had which. The swords were ALL in my Warlock's inventory at some point during the slow climb through the quest.

All three swords are above lvl 290 and have been fully upgraded, including the extra level.

My Titan received the exotic sword quest, and it doesn't seem to matter which sword I use (at least for counting the # of majors killed).

My hunter does not get the quest no matter which sword I send her.

I've discarded the quest for my Titan (since he was just beginning), hoping that it would trigger something else for my Hunter, but it didn't. I was able to re-pick up the quest for my Titan, though.

Any idea what I should do?

Just try all combinations to pick up the the last exotic quest and see what happens.

Tecnniqe

Banned

So don't do that.
Lock it like it's hot.
Sorry for hijacking your comment and running it to off-topic, but can we expect some Light level details for IB and ToO before they start? Stuff like is there light level cap [e.g. no benefit to be over 300?] and what light level loot will be from these events.
Banner details?
DGAF BANNER HYPE
dufEFdR.gif

Tbh im more curious about the PvE aspect. As its getting repetitive now.
Luke any news on Hard Mode or new strikes making it into the playlists?

Greenymac

Soooo is this still allowed? I see a few searching as am I.

Looking for a fresh raid preferably with a couple if experienced guys that can give some direction.

1. GreenyMac

maomaoIYP

I was actually surprised playing mayhem clash over the weekend. I got stuck with a grenade, got shot a few times and survived lol. This subclass.
Yeah that was exactly what I was just playing. I thought it was impossible to survive a flux stick + matador + blink combo. I thought wrong. Also I noticed players are getting very good at activating hammer time when they know they've been stuck with a nade.
So, how is it possible that Trials isn't going to consist of mostly teams of Sunbreakers at this point?
Well you have the rest of us who focused leveling gear for the other characters.

Tovarisc

Browsing my vault getting ready for IB and I see that I have a Conspiracy Theory D with Shot Package! Will pair nicely with Red Death.

Now just pray they don't patch shot package out tomorrow, before IB goes live.

Edit:
So, how is it possible that Trials isn't going to consist of mostly teams of Sunbreakers at this point?

I expect 2x Sunbreaker + 1x Shadowstalker to be most common team comp. 2 godmodes and 1 to try and counter said godmodes.

I mean, you could squash them and make it so they never get super. With a group of them with charged supers that's a hammer train to the finish line. The scary part is that you don't have to play particularly smart with HoS since it lasts so long and turns you into a damn tank, intelligent application is gonna be some scary shit. Craziest part to me is if they hear Golden Gun they can just wait it out lol

KanameYuuki

So I moved around my three swords a lot and now I'm screwed out of one exotic quest.

My Warlock (Main) took the void sword, and I'm to the point where I'm waiting for Armsday near the end.

My Titan/Hunter took the Arc/Flame swords, but I don't remember which had which. The swords were ALL in my Warlock's inventory at some point during the slow climb through the quest.

All three swords are above lvl 290 and have been fully upgraded, including the extra level.

My Titan received the exotic sword quest, and it doesn't seem to matter which sword I use (at least for counting the # of majors killed).

My hunter does not get the quest no matter which sword I send her.

I've discarded the quest for my Titan (since he was just beginning), hoping that it would trigger something else for my Hunter, but it didn't. I was able to re-pick up the quest for my Titan, though.

Any idea what I should do?

That happened to me too, Just complete the 25 crucible and 50 mayor kills, if you have the exotic sword quest for multiple swords on the same character, you only get 1 sword reforged, after you complete it you are going to get the real exotic quest for all the swords on that character.

I did the same with my warlock so I only had to do it once that part of the quest and then I got the exotic for Arc and void, do not delete your sword. if anything now you won't need to do crucible multiple times.

Dumb question....but what is excitement over IB for? I took a long break from Destiny, and getting back into things I'm not certain what IB is.

I don't know the specifics for this year, but in the past it has been an alternative way to get a few higher level pieces of armor. This would be helpful for people like me who haven't found time to do the raid yet, but always have an hour or so to play a few crucible matches. I'm hoping that there's at least 1-2 310 level items to get.

[Snip]. if anything now you won't need to do crucible multiple times.

I'm hoping this is true. I'll work on it tonight.

Tecnniqe

Banned
I don't know the specifics for this year, but in the past it has been an alternative way to get a few higher level pieces of armor. This would be helpful for people like me who haven't found time to do the raid yet, but always have an hour or so to play a few crucible matches. I'm hoping that there's at least 1-2 310 level items to get.

They better not be 310 items.
290 items is what they should be.

Fastest way to do the Chaperone TLW part?

Smooth ballistics and then Hip fire, hip fire, hip fire. The last word is still great. learn how to use it and you will see.

I have been using TLW for everything these last 2 weeks, Learning how the gun works and getting used to the recoil and the hip fire aim. The Aim assist is really nice on the hipfire.

LukeSmith

Real talk: information like that isn't ever going to be something I post and additionally, I'm almost never going to respond to open Q&A either here on GAF (or on Twitter for the same reasons I described on a podcast I did recently).

I do appreciate people asking questions and caring, but I'm going to be straight up about expectation management surrounding me answering questions.

rNilla

Real talk: information like that isn't ever going to be something I post and additionally, I'm almost never going to respond to open Q&A either here on GAF (or on Twitter for the same reasons I described on a podcast I did recently).

I do appreciate people asking questions and caring, but I'm going to be straight up about expectation management surrounding me answering questions.

So that's the theme for King's Fall!

Tecnniqe

Banned
When Banner and Trial start its gonna be so much fun to read forums.

NaCl thru the roof
Z5FhTdg.gif

Gotta get me some of that IB GAF Train once it launches.
Why are you against 310 items? I could use some 310 boots please.
Because 310 would defeat the purpose of doing the Raid.
Just do PvP a few weeks and nothing else to get capped. Meh.

1.) Initially it was a coordinated thing

2.)And I'm aware he's talking about the summons fanatics waves.

1.) You may have missed the beginning of the conversation from yesterday but everything I've been talking about is from the "initial perspective." All encounters become trivial once the strats are optimized and we're optimally geared. I don't care about challenge, just talking about the thought put into the design itself.

Supplicants are not a pure trash wave, they interact with mechanics in ways that were initially compelling. Sadly they weren't scaled well (spawn timers and locations, pathing movement and speed) so people figured out how to trivialize them by activating both plates. They're easily the weakest part of an otherwise brilliant encounter but at least the design is there. Golgi add waves have no design at all: thralls + cursed from bottom cave --> Adepts and acolytes from side doors and back caves then bottom cave. They're funneled into narrow corridors in a cramped boss room, that's it.

2.) I was just clarifying. There's more happening in the summoned fanatic waves than a pure ammo dump so it wasn't clear. "Running out of ammo when most enemies have dropped ammo in a green death pool that requires cleansing in their spawn location except they blow up if you get close" is interesting.

Once again it wasn't scaled well (or made lactose intolerant) so the interesting part falls away. I'm not arguing these are great designs, in fact they're some of the weakest parts of VoG. But some good flickers exist and they have enough freedom that players can make them more interesting. I realize I'm being nitpicky, but small details go a long way for me when comparing VoG and KF.

LTWood12

As expected. Just glad to have you around. I'm assuming this applies to R&B as well, though there is a precedent for accepting Phil Collins & Go West.

Thanks for taking the time to post.

Smooth ballistics and then Hip fire, hip fire, hip fire. The last word is still great. learn how to use it and you will see.

I have been using TLW for everything these last 2 weeks, Learning how the gun works and getting used to the recoil and the hip fire aim. The Aim assist is really nice on the hipfire.

You're all in on hip fire with TLW now, eh? I'll have to give it a try

stay gold

Anyone around now up for helping me clear the raid for the 1st time? I have a checkpoint at the Daughters of Oryx.

PSN is seanders89, let me know if so.

Greenymac

Ok got an exotic engram, should I wait until im 300 to decode, or is it already determined to be around the light level of when its obtained?

Because 310 would defeat the purpose of doing the Raid.
Just do PvP a few weeks and nothing else to get capped. Meh.

I only got to 30 back in the day thanks to IB. Not everything has to revolve around the raid. It doesn't break anything to have 1-2 pieces during each IB event. It's great for johnny casual (like me).

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
NaCl thru the roof

The frustration is just gonna lead to everyone running a Sunbreaker. Like the Thorn/Shotgun situation. When one classes Super is able to survive certian things that other classs Supers can't it's kinda inevitable.

Ought to be fun. :\

LTWood12

Ok got an exotic engram, should I wait until im 300 to decode, or is it already determined to be around the light level of when its obtained?

If you think it would help you now I'd go ahead and decrypt it. If not then wait. Chances are it'll still be 290 though.

Luke can't answer, but the info is out there, though you'd be forgiven not knowing where. So here's Derek Carroll one of the Crucible Designers on twitter:

AYsp3ja.png

1Qg0PVD.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom