• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two guys are trying to 2 man oryx, they've gotten him to like 5% a few times. Its pretty crazy to watch, interesting strats too. Basically they don't bother with the relic or the knight, and try to stack the ogres/orbs so they can max out the chest damage.

Of course they are warlocks with self rez, both using stag helm too I think for the extra super charging
http://www.twitch.tv/tfue

Anyone up for Oryx Need 3

1)NarcissisticJay
2)NarcissisticJay friend
3)NarcissisticJay friend
4)
5)
6)

Ready as soon as we have a group, looking for a quick run

Kilau

My first time really playing a long stretch of Iron Banana

what_i_expected_arrested_development.gif

Two guys are trying to 2 man oryx, they've gotten him to like 5% a few times. Its pretty crazy to watch, interesting strats too. Basically they don't bother with the relic or the knight, and try to stack the ogres/orbs so they can max out the chest damage.

Of course they are warlocks with self rez, both using stag helm too I think for the extra super charging

Oh, these are the same guys that did the four man flawless speedrun. I'll definitely check this out.

Geist-

That's pretty fucking crazy. But I love it anyway.

Also, I think I'm going to start leveling up my Eirene now, it sounds like a fucking rail rifle.

Yeah same strat that was used by Slayer to 3-man Oryx. It's totally possible, just a much slimmer margin of error to get all 16 bombs in time as well as staggering his Doxology consistently. Only 2 Warlocks means they don't have a Defender Saint helm bubble to blind the Knight and prevent him from detonating blights.

maomaoIYP

I feel bad for players who don't try to hold A and C on Vertigo. All you need are one or two players to constantly hold A and C. I just finished a game with 10 captures. The final 10 seconds was me capturing A to gain hammer time and smashing 5 dudes waiting for the heavy for the win.

FyreWulff

watching this now, tense as shit

Mupod

Nirwen's Mercy is nuts man. I've been playing around with it doing bounties on my warlock and it just has no recoil.

Also I maxed my rep when I got the top score bounty done in a GAF group, as a freaking defender no less. No Backup Plans is legit.

I feel bad for players who don't try to hold A and C on Vertigo. All you need are one or two players to constantly hold A and C. I just finished a game with 10 captures. The final 10 seconds was me capturing A to gain hammer time and smashing 5 dudes waiting for the heavy for the win.

I really like Vertigo because of that. It's the first Control map that gives those kinds of options. Basically every other map is "hold B at all costs." The only other map where there might be some options is Widow's Court but not on that same level. More like you could get away with A-C better than other maps.

One thing I'll say for newer maps is they've mostly avoided the "poison points" of old. Like A on Blind Watch and Shores or C on Firebase. More equality in the A/C sides.

Is there a light level requirement? im 208

Recommended light level for the raid is 290. You can get by in the 280s but you'd need a good group and hopefully get lucky with some drops along the way. Final boss is 300 light.

208 is way low, keep doing strikes and story missions and Court of Oryx. You'll level up quick.

maomaoIYP

I really like Vertigo because of that. It's the first Control map that gives those kinds of options. Basically every other map is "hold B at all costs." The only other map where there might be some options is Widow's Court but not on that same level. More like you could get away with A-C better than other maps.

One thing I'll say for newer maps is they've mostly avoided the "poison points" of old. Like A on Blind Watch and Shores or C on Firebase. More equality in the A/C sides.
Yup same here, Vertigo is real fun. In particular I like having the option to transition between areas by jumping around the exterior edges of the map. Great for surprise attacks and catching players off guard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom