• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GutZ31

These shadowshot glitchers are ridiculous. Should have won three games in a row only to be ruined by shadowshot glitchers producing loads of orbs and giving the other team infinite hammers.

These guys need to be banned from Crucible permanently.

Make sure to report players using the shadow shot glitch in crucible.
Report player by finding them in the player list, and selecting report, then select what you are reporting them for.
reporting-cheaters-in-destiny.jpg

They should make it so that for everyone who abused the glitch, whenever they try to use a super in PVP their character just does a shrug emote instead.
I love your idea! Haha

Report player by finding them in the player list, and selecting report, then select what you are reporting them for.

Trust me. I have been. Multiple times per games. I make sure Bungie gets a ton of reports for these douche bags.

maomaoIYP

I don't know man. This shithead was there for the entire game feeding kills to the opposite team. He has 0 kills and only 200 points for being there for the entire match. He gets a legendary engram. Bungie don't you think this is an issue?
CRm09npUYAAf1Yz.jpg:large

CRm1CiNUAAAPw4s.jpg:large

jaaz

Unfortunately, I suspect that Bungie bans a surprisingly low number of players, especially for taking advantage of a game glitch. No real evidence for it, just a hunch.

Kyoufu

I don't know man. This shithead was there for the entire game feeding kills to the opposite team. He has 0 kills and only 200 points for being there for the entire match. He gets a legendary engram. Bungie don't you think this is an issue?

They've always weighted top tier rewards for the lowest performing players so they don't think it's an issue.

It's bad design to me and just about everyone else who has played Destiny.

GutZ31

I love your idea! Haha

Trust me. I have been. Multiple times per games. I make sure Bungie gets a ton of reports for these douche bags.

Unfortunately, I suspect that Bungie bans a surprisingly low number of players, especially for taking advantage of a game glitch. No real evidence for it, just a hunch.

You are correct, they only check for reports that are high in number, by many other users.

So that just means it's our duty to make sure to report when we see them.

Makes no sense to everyone but Bungie.

Edit: Gonna level my Titan tonight and rain them hammers down for lulz.

btkadams

I've had issues with my internet connection on occasion and it will temporarily disconnect me from a match, then bring me back in about 5-10 seconds later. My score resets to zero. I had this once happen 6 times in a match. Did it say on the other score tab that he had lots of deaths? If not, Maybe he was disconnected too.

Kalamari

It's almost like bungie wants us to play halo 5. Between the shirty drop chances, exploits, lag, and op nirwens laser, it's pretty convincing.

maomaoIYP

They've always weighted top tier rewards for the lowest performing players so they don't think it's an issue.

It's bad design to me and just about everyone else who has played Destiny.

Makes no sense to everyone but Bungie.

Edit: Gonna level my Titan tonight and rain them hammers down for lulz.

It's insanely frustrating. I need to get a win in rift, and these players just don't give a fuck.
The very next game I played was the exact same situation. Bungie needs to give some sort of incentive for players to actually play crucible and try to win.

edit:
I've had issues with my internet connection on occasion and it will temporarily disconnect me from a match, then bring me back in about 5-10 seconds later. My score resets to zero. I had this once happen 6 times in a match. Did it say on the other score tab that he had lots of deaths? If not, Maybe he was disconnected too.

I spectated him for a while. He was just running direct into enemy fire. Green bar as well.

Kyoufu

It's insanely frustrating. I need to get a win in rift, and these players just don't give a fuck.
The very next game I played was the exact same situation. Bungie needs to give some sort of incentive for players to actually play crucible and try to win.

I like that IB and the Weekly PVP activities reward you for winning and give you nothing for losing.

X-Frame

I'm salty that Stormcallers essentially get a slightly weakened Fist of Havoc with Landfall, and then they can still roam the map for 5 minutes to electrocute everyone.

How can Fist of Havoc be upgraded for Year 2 to compete with these Year 2 supers? Increased damage and blast radius the higher you descend from? After landing a Fist of Havoc the Striker Titan gets increased melee range? Or afterwards his armor radiates a field of electric energy to damage all near him (like a Feedback Fence but significantly buffed)?

Hopefully Bungie is already well underway updating the Year 1 sub-classes at this point.

I'm salty that Stormcallers essentially get a slightly weakened Fist of Havoc with Landfall, and then they can still roam the map for 5 minutes to electrocute everyone.

How can Fist of Havoc be upgraded for Year 2 to compete with these Year 2 supers? Increased damage and blast radius the higher you descend from? After landing a Fist of Havoc the Striker Titan gets increased melee range? Or afterwards his armor radiates a field of electric energy to damage all near him (like a Feedback Fence but significantly buffed)?

Hopefully Bungie is already well underway updating the Year 1 sub-classes at this point.

Give them flaming hammers :p

border

Loot goes out randomly, so sometimes it goes out to poorer performing players. By the same token, someone in your fireteam might get a Legendary Engram for killing a one-shot dreg but you might only get blue items for killing a boss. Gear drops are not meant to be performance-based.

Klyka

Banned
Fist of Havoc should make the Titans fists glow with power and he can run around and punch things with them and if he presses his super again he does the normal "HULK SMASH" attack as we know it.

I think that would be cool.

Basically a kind of blade dancer only with his fists.

As a 3 characters guy, I feel that Striker is the weakest Subclass for PvE for Titans, while Sunbreaker offenrs way more destruction in PvP and staying alive after Super to keep your KD ratio higher than if you were using Striker

Fist of Havoc feels like a suicide super, great for smashing a control point but leaves u open like a sitting duck "hey!!! shoot me!!!"

maomaoIYP

Loot goes out randomly, so sometimes it goes out to poorer performing players. By the same token, someone in your fireteam might get a Legendary Engram for killing a one-shot dreg but you might only get blue items for killing a boss. Gear drops are not meant to be performance-based.

Yeah I understand that. My main frustration from that match really came from the fact that players aren't given any sort of vague incentive to even try to help out for the daily crucible marks.

btkadams

Somehow I've always avoided iron banner. Are the rewards nice? How exactly do I get them? I just finished my first match and it said I'm iron banner rank one. Do I need to be certain ranks to purchase items from some iron banner vendor? Or is the rank something else.

EL CUCO

After gathering data on the Hakke handcannon in the Crucible for the Gunsmith, I can confirm this weapon is garbage and should not need further testing.

jaaz

After gathering data on the Hakke handcannon in the Crucible for the Gunsmith, I can confirm this weapon is garbage and should not need further testing.

Lol, you're braver than me for even trying it out. My mind has been permanently programmed to skip over any test guns that have the word "Crucible" in the instructions.

border

Yeah I understand that. My main frustration from that match really came from the fact that players aren't given any sort of vague incentive to even try to help out for the daily crucible marks.

The problem with the Daily Crucible marks is mostly that it's going to be lambs and wolves. Lambs are just there to show up and get their marks with minimal effort. This will attract wolves -- groups of organized veterans who show up in teams to take advantage of the fact that the general skill level of players will be lower thanks to the daily mission. So matches will often be nasty blowouts.

There's not much that can be done about this, other than to avoid whatever gametype is the Daily quest.

In the future, the PVP daily should be a bounty-type mission that can be completed without winning but requires some level of effort (Kill 10 warlocks in Rift, help capture 5 zones in Control, etc).

X-Frame

Fist of Havoc should make the Titans fists glow with power and he can run around and punch things with them and if he presses his super again he does the normal "HULK SMASH" attack as we know it.

I think that would be cool.

Basically a kind of blade dancer only with his fists.

I think something melee/punching related would make the most sense given the flavor text of the class, "At close quarters a fist is better than any gun". Bullshit, haha. Sunbreakers are more devastating in close-quarters right now. Hell, the Thermal Vent upgrade to Sunstrike can kill a full-heath player with the DoT.

Either have it where the super is where Striker's fists glow like you said and they get significantly extended melee damage and range, or have it where post-Fist of Havoc the Striker is essentially supercharged and can roam the map with some buffs.

I'd also like a change to Shoulder Charge. I'd take having Shoulder Charge be reduced damage so it can no longer 1-shot an enemy but instead during the Shoulder Charge priming Strikers get some extra damage resistance that'll help offset incoming shotgun blasts, and having Shoulder Charge knock back enemies within the blast radius and stun them. So they won't die in 1 hit, but the Striker would be able to follow it up with another punch or weapon. The knock back "explosion" would affect all enemies within a small radius so that Strikers can bursts into a room and just crowd-control everyone. That is the whole point of the damn class! Shock and awe.

As a 3 characters guy, I feel that Striker is the weakest Subclass for PvE for Titans, while Sunbreaker offenrs way more destruction in PvP and staying alive after Super to keep your KD ratio higher than if you were using Striker

Fist of Havoc feels like a suicide super, great for smashing a control point but leaves u open like a sitting duck "hey!!! shoot me!!!"

Agreed! Hammer of Sol destroys Fist of Havoc in PvE as well. And in PvP, you're absolutely right that landing a FoH leaves the Striker incredibly vulnerable as we have an animation post-FoH to get up from smashing the ground where enemies can keep shooting. Seriously, it's pathetic how an enemy can just stand slightly outside the blast radius and just fire at us like nothing. There needs to be a deterrent post-FoH so that enemies won't want to stick around -- either a larger blast radius with more shockwaves or have the Striker be buffed post-FoH.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom