• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mupod

the only other IB I ever really did was last November, and by the end of that I had *every* IB weapon as well as the ship. In this one the only weapons I've seen drop are the two on sale and I can count the number of drops on one hand (I have two rank 5s). Have seen one ship drop. Were the last few IBs this awful for drop rates?

Finally got my Touch of Malice. Cool looking gun. I wish every gun had this level of detail.

Time to get the last 2 exotic swords, and the gun smith exotic weapons, and then the exotic weapon from the reef. Sigh. I wish I had a vita now so I can grind mindlessly from anywhere (the toilet).

peetfeet

Any groups needing another for a Raid? Light 297 hunter. I have only done up to the second boss previously so inexperienced. PSN ID is same as GAF. im sorte now.

Future

Bought juju so I would have a decent pulse for IB, realized I spent all my marks and probably won't have enough for any of the IB gear.

This might not be a bad thing.

Yeah I'll never understand bungie design. Force a weekly long grind just to get access things you can't afford since the grind barely offered any currency.

The weekly bounties help a little but most will never get one of them because it requires being top overall score (I've been top of my team, but top overall is only for GAF elite).

Drops being your "primary source of loot" has to be a big joke now. Tons of matches and I've only seen one pulse drop for a teammate and a few cloaks

Yeah I'll never understand bungie design. Force a weekly long grind just to get access things you can't afford since the grind barely offered any currency.

The weekly bounties help a little but most will never get one of them because it requires being top overall score (I've been top of my team, but top overall is only for GAF elite).

Drops being your "primary source of loot" has to be a big joke now. Tons of matches and I've only seen one pulse drop for a teammate and a few cloaks

The weapons are 90 marks. Weekly Crucible gives 10 marks. Daily Mission gives 15. Daily Crucible gives 15. It's not hard or time consuming to get the marks necessary to buy the gear. That's 195 possible marks over a 6 day period before you even take the bounties into consideration.

Not having the marks only becomes a problem if you've avoided doing activities that award marks or you spend your accumulated marks late into the week.

In the end my drops actually werent that bad. The only thing that didnt drop for me was the sidearm. Of course the boots and pulse rifle dropped with terribe perks but i don care about them.

the only other IB I ever really did was last November, and by the end of that I had *every* IB weapon as well as the ship. In this one the only weapons I've seen drop are the two on sale and I can count the number of drops on one hand (I have two rank 5s). Have seen one ship drop. Were the last few IBs this awful for drop rates?

Nothing is dropping except what's on sale. I think this is normal.

The next IB will likely have drops of what is on sale plus some things from the previous IB.

I haven't seen the ship drop at all but I suspect the rate for that is purposely low, they want to hold a cosmetic item at a low drop rate to keep it dangling as a carrot for multiple IBs.

The weapons are 90 marks. Weekly Crucible gives 10 marks. Daily Mission gives 15. Daily Crucible gives 15. It's not hard or time consuming to get the marks necessary to buy the gear. That's 195 possible marks over a 6 day period before you even take the bounties into consideration.

Not having the marks only becomes a problem if you've avoided doing activities that award marks or you spend your accumulated marks late into the week.

Yeah, for active players I don't think marks are really an issue. I always do the daily crucible when I get on to do PvP and that's an easy 15 marks/day from doing something I was planning to do anyway. Plus the weekly IB bounties on three characters offer 225 marks total from 25x9, I'm not having any problem getting all the weeklies done on all my characters. Unfortunate if you can't get the 'overall score' one but I don't think you really need to be part of the "GAF elite" as said above to do it - solo queue outside of a train so that said GAF elite doesn't outshine you and if you're decent at pvp you just need some luck and heavy ammo sprees to get to the top among randoms at some point during the week.

IB Pulse rifle is the one to aim for. At least in my opinion.

Red Death is decent but the IB one is essentially Hopscoth 2.0.

Keep in mind it is literally Hopscotch 2.0, as in Nirwen's Mercy and the nerfed 2.0 Hopscotch Pilgrim have basically identical stats.

The only "hopscotch" like guns left in the game are Lyudmila-D (sort-of) and Spare Change.25 (if you are super super lucky).

Red Death has the same impact and ROF as nirwen's but can get 5% additional damage using aggressive ballistics. It's very good for pvp because of the exotic perk but Nirwen is certainly a good Legendary pulse.

Future

Yeah but grinding iron banner alone is a long process. I've played mostly every night after work for a few hours and still barely rank 3 (probably will be 5 now if I turn in my bounties). You need to grind every other activity as well which IMO is too much. For weekly events, i feel like the event itself should be sufficient time spent if the grind is this long.

Admittedly it's better than before, when after hours of iron banner you'd have to spend another hour grinding exclusion zone just to get the glimmer you need. I just feel like it's too demanding for some of the base that doesn't have time to play as much..... But still is playing a heck of a lot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom