• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do perks like Last Resort--where if you are the last player in your fireteam you reload faster--work for when you are all by yourself (not in a fireteam) or in rumble?

X-Frame

Finally got an IB drop!

It's the ugly Titan butt towel, yay. Definitely the worst looking class item for Iron Banner out of the 3 so far, I don't know what Bungie was thinking with this one.

LiK

Finally got an IB drop!

It's the ugly Titan butt towel, yay. Definitely the worst looking class item for Iron Banner out of the 3 so far, I don't know what Bungie was thinking with this one.

It's so awful. The best IB mark is the one from the first IB. I will never dismantle it.

Gimme my ship! :p
I promised this was the only expection to drops! I never seen it drop for someone in the middle of the scoreboard D:

I can have a friend join. No mic tough

Look at me, shamelessly subletting my account :-
haha Welp did the daughters and oryx on your hunte and Titan. Everything is on your hunter as of now. Also got you a 310 exotic hunter helment...why am I getting good drops on your account ?!!

So will the big IB bounties be worth more each day if I hold onto them instead of turning in now?
I think it was something like 1 daily IB bounty and all 3 weekly IB bounty bump me from at the beginning of 4 to 5. Maybe 2 daily IB bounty

LTWood12

Ugh all this talk about the IB pulse rifle. I haven't touched IB all week. What kind of time investment are we talking for rank 5? Is it just as fast as it used to be on Sunday/Monday?

Afrocious

Ugh all this talk about the IB pulse rifle. I haven't touched IB all week. What kind of time investment are we talking for rank 5? Is it just as fast as it used to be on Sunday/Monday?

I spent my weeklies today to go from Rank 2 and a half to 4 and 3/4ths. I got to Rank 5 with the easy dailies alone and by winning lol.

MrDaravon

I've been checking her inventory daily since TTK dropped. This is the only emblem that she hasn't yet sold. I need it to complete my collection too.

Yup, same here. Finally completed the common ship collection from Amanda in the meantime, have most of the uncommons but she still hasn't sold the vast majority of the rares since TTK came out.

Anyway hit rank 5 with IB, bought two pulse rifles since I'm lazy and want to do minimal moving around of gear, plus I'm already at the point where all I'm doing with Marks is buying Y2 versions of Y1 exotics anyway. Played one match of the daily PvP playlist, that gun is ridiculous and most people in the game were using it lol. About time for me to largely take a break soon, probably later next week; outside of two PvP quest chains all I have left on my main is the 3 exotic swords which I have to wait for Armsday on, and both of my alts just have the last step of the subclass quests then the same crucible stuff. Have nearly all of the exotics except one or two that I'm not too worried about and that I'm just pulling out from Y1 blueprints anyway.

PvP is a mess (my feelings on this are known lol) so no way I'm grinding out the ridiculous Crucible questline, and I'll have exhausted most of the structured PvE content at this point. Normally at this point I'd just mess around with daily bounties and grind strikes since I still really enjoy the gunplay, but I'm tired of the same 4-5 strikes in the strike playlist (did they ever say why this is?) not to mention quitters. Also the strike-exclusive items are waaaay too rare. I went back and counted and I've done something like 38 Strikes that have exclusive drops and I've only seen two items drop for anyone period, and there were both in the same one (me and a random both got Flayer cloaks the same run). The economy nerfs (mainly weapon parts) put a huge damper on things for me where I just immediately dismantle 99% of my weapon drops now since I don't have the parts stockpile to experiment. Then death by a thousand cuts on a lot of little things like not being able to stack planetary mats higher than 200 as well as them being useless, the hilariously bad handling of Runes in your inventory, things tied to daily story events, the fact that Xur continues to keep offering the Heavy Legacy engram instead of any other one (I'm missing two specials, bungie pls), the slow rollout of timed items/events etc. Nothing major, but constant annoyances.

Also I'm in the minority by far on this one, but I really don't like this particular Raid; when things happen in the last two parts that are an immediate "that's a wipe" it really bothers me, I hate instafail mechanics. It's probably specifically what they were going for which is fine, just not my cup of tea. Also the light range on drops and drops themselves are ridiculous, the amount of gear I've gotten at 300-303 light is absurd, and after full 3 raids the only Titan armor I've gotten is a 304 chest and 300 boots. The HM Raid doesn't interest me at all, but I am curious to see what they do exactly, I'll probably watch some livestreams that day. Hoping it's just not higher level enemies.

tl;dr - Time to take a break for a while I'm still enjoying the PvE before I get frustrated with the grind and some specific problems PvE really has right now. Got a couple hundred good hours with it so not complaining, but I really hope Bungie can tighten the ship on some things, a lot of stuff in the last couple of weeks has really put a sour taste in my mouth (especially the economy nerfs with the most insane non-answer as to why in the BWU) after the fantastic launch they had. I see a million people with the Carlton every day so they had to have made some bank off that hopefully.

Mupod

If you somehow manage to get all 3 weekly bounties done that's pretty much it right there. Good luck with the top score one though, especially playing with gaf.

Pick up the weekly and daily bounties, today and tomorrow they give a shitload of rep. Get on a GAF train(I'll probably start one if there isn't one later tonight after I get back from the movies), and if you use the shader/icon you should be getting it extremely fast.

Anyone up for a raid (PS4) in about 40 minutes? Currently have 3 confirmed, and 2 we're waiting on a response from. I've only been through it once and this will be the first time for the others, so it's a pretty green group...

PSN
1. Dracheo
2. PsychoRaven
3. Edogg
4. Powerstrokin60
5. Pandora012

Deku Tree

Yup, same here. Finally completed the common ship collection from Amanda in the meantime, have most of the uncommons but she still hasn't sold the vast majority of the rares since TTK came out.

Anyway hit rank 5 with IB, bought two pulse rifles since I'm lazy and want to do minimal moving around of gear, plus I'm already at the point where all I'm doing with Marks is buying Y2 versions of Y1 exotics anyway. Played one match of the daily PvP playlist, that gun is ridiculous and most people in the game were using it lol. About time for me to largely take a break soon, probably later next week; outside of two PvP quest chains all I have left on my main is the 3 exotic swords which I have to wait for Armsday on, and both of my alts just have the last step of the subclass quests then the same crucible stuff. Have nearly all of the exotics except one or two that I'm not too worried about and that I'm just pulling out from Y1 blueprints anyway.

PvP is a mess (my feelings on this are known lol) so no way I'm grinding out the ridiculous Crucible questline, and I'll have exhausted most of the structured PvE content at this point. Normally at this point I'd just mess around with daily bounties and grind strikes since I still really enjoy the gunplay, but I'm tired of the same 4-5 strikes in the strike playlist (did they ever say why this is?) not to mention quitters. Also the strike-exclusive items are waaaay too rare. I went back and counted and I've done something like 38 Strikes that have exclusive drops and I've only seen two items drop for anyone period, and there were both in the same one (me and a random both got Flayer cloaks the same run). The economy nerfs (mainly weapon parts) put a huge damper on things for me where I just immediately dismantle 99% of my weapon drops now since I don't have the parts stockpile to experiment. Then death by a thousand cuts on a lot of little things like not being able to stack planetary mats higher than 200 as well as them being useless, the hilariously bad handling of Runes in your inventory, things tied to daily story events, the fact that Xur continues to keep offering the Heavy Legacy engram instead of any other one (I'm missing two specials, bungie pls), the slow rollout of timed items/events etc. Nothing major, but constant annoyances.

Also I'm in the minority by far on this one, but I really don't like this particular Raid; when things happen in the last two parts that are an immediate "that's a wipe" it really bothers me, I hate instafail mechanics. It's probably specifically what they were going for which is fine, just not my cup of tea. Also the light range on drops and drops themselves are ridiculous, the amount of gear I've gotten at 300-303 light is absurd, and after full 3 raids the only Titan armor I've gotten is a 304 chest and 300 boots. The HM Raid doesn't interest me at all, but I am curious to see what they do exactly, I'll probably watch some livestreams that day. Hoping it's just not higher level enemies.

tl;dr - Time to take a break for a while I'm still enjoying the PvE before I get frustrated with the grind and some specific problems PvE really has right now. Got a couple hundred good hours with it so not complaining, but I really hope Bungie can tighten the ship on some things, a lot of stuff in the last couple of weeks has really put a sour taste in my mouth (especially the economy nerfs with the most insane non-answer as to why in the BWU) after the fantastic launch they had. I see a million people with the Carlton every day so they had to have made some bank off that hopefully.

This is my ship and emblem collection

https://twitter.com/dekubleep/status/654964082236223488

https://twitter.com/dekubleep/status/655340664016781312

https://twitter.com/dekubleep/status/655340779297251328

LTWood12

I spent my weeklies today to go from Rank 2 and a half to 4 and 3/4ths. I got to Rank 5 with the easy dailies alone and by winning lol.

If you somehow manage to get all 3 weekly bounties done that's pretty much it right there. Good luck with the top score one though, especially playing with gaf.

Gotcha. Yeah definitely not even trying to get that one.

Pick up the weekly and daily bounties, today and tomorrow they give a shitload of rep. Get on a GAF train(I'll probably start one if there isn't one later tonight after I get back from the movies), and if you use the shader/icon you should be getting it extremely fast.

This is tempting. Might marathon tonight. Thanks for the input folks. Sounds fairly doable.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
I collected all the calcified fragments last week and just now completed the next part of Hunger Pangs but my quest has now gone. Am I screwed? Log out and back in?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Ok I'm getting the Destiny hype once again. How much new content does the new expansion offer? Is OG Destiny with patches still legit or is it much better to buy the Expansion?

Afrocious

Are these the bounties from Shaxx? Crap I need to do the questline--how long does it take?

the fuck?

dude go talk to Saladin in the Iron Banner area

Ok I'm getting the Destiny hype once again. How much new content does the new expansion offer? Is OG Destiny with patches still legit or is it much better to buy the Expansion?

You're going to be playing quite alone if you decide to stick with vanilla.

keakster

I collected all the calcified fragments last week and just now completed the next part of Hunger Pangs but my quest has now gone. Am I screwed? Log out and back in?

Which was the last part you completed? Most of the quests are available once you hit a certain number of fragments, and they can come up together. I did not complete them in order.

Deku Tree

Buy the legendary edition Yoshi. It's $49.99 on Amazon today. It has everything. Everyone is playing the new content so you'll get bored quick playing OG Destiny.

Do you have a) a digital copy if so how many expansion packs as well? b) a hard copy with or without any expansion packs?

If you have B without expansion packs) I would recommend selling your hard copy and buying The Taken King edition since it comes with every expansion packs and TTK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom