• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok I'm getting the Destiny hype once again. How much new content does the new expansion offer? Is OG Destiny with patches still legit or is it much better to buy the Expansion?

Get the Expansion. Main story line + expansion is about 10-12 ish hours.
Expansion has an okay amount of content. The new raid is better than Crota's End but not quite as good as Vault of Glass.

As for weapons, nothing new except for swords, new exotics are okay, sleeper simulant is great for PVE bosses and so are exotic swords( If you can get close enough). Supercell is the best addwiper and spindle is DPS king.

Be prepared to grind your heart out.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Ok, I'll sell my vanilla edition (no DLCs with it) and buy the Legendary Edition! TY guys.

MrDaravon

Yeah that's where my emblems are at all as well, you've got way more ships than me though :(. I just looked, I'm missing 5 blues and 3 greens that she can sell. Also since I came to Destiny on PS4 late (I switched from 360 at launch) I actually never realized there were different ships that dropped on Normal VoG/CE and I never got those, and while realistically it would be relatively easy to LFG normal raids I don't know if I can be bothered. I also STILL have never gotten a single Faction, IB or Crucible ship which is ridiculous.

I'm also never going to have all of the emblems since I'll never get the flawless Osiris ones so I'm just shooting to get all of the vendor ones. All of the Sparrows is also a bit ridiculous since you have to get all of the sparrow + light drive combinations lol.

Anyone up for a raid (PS4) in about 40 minutes? Currently have 3 confirmed, and 2 we're waiting on a response from. I've only been through it once and this will be the first time for the others, so it's a pretty green group...

PSN
1. Dracheo
2. PsychoRaven
3. Edogg

I'm in if you still have room. Pandora012

OkayRene

Sony support was really unhelpful and insisted I call my ISP. ISP also unhelpful. Ended up fixing it myself.

Any IB trains running?

Is there anything to buy with glimmer no other than Synths?

I'm at the cap so looking to get rid of some

Its too late now but on saturdays you can burn all your glimmer buying armsday packages from the gunsmith, 2500 glimmer per and you can buy 3-5 per character so thats a ton of glimmer. On wed you can pick up your guns, I find them all to be pretty crappy but I burn a bunch of motes of light and then turn all the weapons I bought into legendary marks.

So basically 2500 glimmer + some motes of light = 5 legendary marks, pretty good exchange rate.

Deku Tree

Yeah that's where my emblems are at all as well, you've got way more ships than me though :(. I just looked, I'm missing 5 blues and 3 greens that she can sell. Also since I came to Destiny on PS4 late (I switched from 360 at launch) I actually never realized there were different ships that dropped on Normal VoG/CE and I never got those, and while realistically it would be relatively easy to LFG normal raids I don't know if I can be bothered. I also STILL have never gotten a single Faction, IB or Crucible ship which is ridiculous.

I'm also never going to have all of the emblems since I'll never get the flawless Osiris ones so I'm just shooting to get all of the vendor ones. All of the Sparrows is also a bit ridiculous since you have to get all of the sparrow + light drive combinations lol.

Been checking the ship vendor every day. It's says it updates every three days but sometimes rarely it has updated earlier than that and sold rare ships. Been buying every one I didn't have since TTK dropped.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Which was the last part you completed? Most of the quests are available once you hit a certain number of fragments, and they can come up together. I did not complete them in order.

I just handed in the frame from Oryx then straight after the 50 Hadium Flakes and other bits required. The only bit left I need to do is kill Mar-Zik the Wizard at Phobos but no quest is showing.

MrDaravon

Been checking the ship vendor every day. It's says it updates every three days but sometimes rarely it has updated earlier than that and sold rare ships. Been buying every one I didn't have since TTK dropped.

Same. I also swore once or twice it updated early as well, glad to know I'm maybe probably not completely crazy. I just wind up checking it every day now when I make my daily trip to Eva to be disappointed.

I just handed in the frame from Oryx then straight after the 50 Hadium Flakes and other bits required. The only bit left I need to do is kill Mar-Zik the Wizard at Phobos but no quest is showing.

It just disappears after you hand in the flakes etc.. You'll be fine kill the wizard then go and see Eris

inthrall

Managed to get a Nirwen's Pulse to drop on my alt!
It had the worst possible roll: red dot ors, danger close, braced frame, grenadier

T-44

Neo Member
I know there's a lot of people doing IB but anyone up for a KF raid tonight around 8:30-8:45 central/7:30-7:45 eastern?
1. T-44

LTWood12

Takinaut I think. or however you spell that Titan helmet

Managed to get a Nirwen's Pulse to drop on my alt!
It had the worst possible roll: red dot ors, danger close, braced frame, grenadier

Hey raid buddies that was fun last night. Sorry for being the worst platformer of all time. We rocked it other than the sisters....Yeeesh I was awful. Seriously considering going back to default controls. I just never used to have this problem.

Hey raid buddies that was fun last night. Sorry for being the worst platformer of all time. We rocked it other than the sisters....Yeeesh I was awful. Seriously considering going back to default controls. I just never used to have this problem.

It was fun last night homie. Don't worry about the platforms :) I know personally I run default controller setup, never could get used to Bumper Jumper. Sorry about my performance on that second Oryx CP we had. Still feel bad about that one.

LTWood12

I know there's a lot of people doing IB but anyone up for a KF raid tonight around 8:30-8:45 central/7:30-7:45 eastern?
1. T-44

Time zones. How do they work? That would be 9:30-9:45 eastern ol' buddy ol' pal.

I'll be confined to vita :(. Sad I cant make it.

LTWood12

It was fun last night homie. Don't worry about the platforms :) I know personally I run default controller setup, never could get used to Bumper Jumper. Sorry about my performance on that second Oryx CP we had. Still feel bad about that one.

Dude don't feel bad. We were all tired and probably should have just gone to bed after the #firsttry kill. You were a rockstar. Thanks for helping out even though you didn't need loot.

inthrall

Dude don't feel bad. We were all tired and probably should have just gone to bed after the #firsttry kill. You were a rockstar. Thanks for helping out even though you didn't need loot.

Basically this, besides I'm 95% sure we were all making some mistakes at some point. I think I screwed up the platforming about 2-3 times before learning to use catapult correctly on the longer jumps...

It was my pleasure man; I love running the raid and nothing better than watching dudes get awesome drops anytime you guys need help just hit me up. Unless I turned slightly stupid and left my PS4 on...and in orbit. Sorry to everyone who sends me requests when that one happens :p

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Thanks for the the raid guys, I'm glad we didn't have too much trouble with me being a noob!

LTWood12

It was my pleasure man; I love running the raid and nothing better than watching dudes get awesome drops anytime you guys need help just hit me up. Unless I turned slightly stupid and left my PS4 on...and in orbit. Sorry to everyone who sends me requests when that one happens :p

T-44 is doing it again tonight (see above). If you're around I'm sure he'd love to have you.

SkylineRKR

Sidearms just ain't doing it for me. Wish they were better.

Sidearms are just not utilized as they should have. They claim the special slot, which makes them useless per default. No one is going to sacrifice a Sniper or Shotgun when shit gets real. They also have a lot of recoil and the reload takes too long.

Sidearms can work if they're an additional special, by sacrificing something else (mobility perhaps, or fuck knows what). They should be there to save you from clutch situations where you need close range firepower instead of your sniper. Quickdraw should be a feature by default.

But honestly I don't know what the point of sidearms was. When they were introduced I was like 'why should I sacrifice my shotgun or sniper for this?'.

LTWood12

Basically this, besides I'm 95% sure we were all making some mistakes at some point. I think I screwed up the platforming about 2-3 times before learning to use catapult correctly on the longer jumps...

Haha, no one screwed up more than Lt. Dan. The Piston room was grueling, and I usually really enjoy it. Glad you were in the group. See so many names on Gaf post regularly and just take for granted that I've played with them at some point. Always fun to put a voice w/ the posts. Hit me up if you ever need help w/ something.

Haha, no one screwed up more than Lt. Dan. The Piston room was grueling, and I usually really enjoy it. Glad you were in the group. See so many names on Gaf post regularly and just take for granted that I've played with them at some point. Always fun to put a voice w/ the posts. Hit me up if you ever need help w/ something.

Should have seen me during the jumping puzzle in VoG...terrible performances all around with me. I -still- die doing it lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom