• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xion385

I need weapon advice:

For 1000 Yard Stare fans which version of the sniper should I level up: The one you get as a quest reward (Last Resort, Firefly) or the Vanguard vendor version?

I'm going to use it for 100% PVE. I also have Defiance of Yasmin, but want a second PVE sniper.

There were so many great games this year no one should have trouble finding something relatively new to hold them over for a bit.

Second year in a row I've played a lot of destiny but it won't crack my top 10.

Bit weird really

So many great games this year and I barely finished any and don't expect to--but hope to by Christmas.

Bloodborne: Beat the game in 3 days and sold it back, might pick it back up with DLC

Witcher 3: I am like 20% completed. Loved the game. I need a vita to sit down casually and finish it. .

MGS V: I am like 25% completed. Same as above.

Upcoming games: Need for Speed, Assassin Creed, Battlefront, Halo 5, Fallout, and CoD. . oh god this is unfair.

EL CUCO

I need weapon advice:

For 1000 Yard Stare fans which version of the sniper should I level up: The one you get as a quest reward (Last Resort, Firefly) or the Vanguard vendor version?

I'm going to use it for 100% PVE. I also have Defiance of Yasmin, but want a second PVE sniper.
The one with Triple Tap is best for PvE.

Deku Tree

Hit the 200 mark cap. What to buy?

Leaning towards Y2 You know I'm Bad Juju. Any underrated legendary weapons in the vendors?

I pretty much have all the notable ones like 1000 yard sale, Hung low Jury, Apple of iDiscord, Hawkiansaw...etc. I know the Vanguard Scout is pretty good. Anything else worth checking out?

I just bought FWC Villany. Haven't used it yet. Everyone told me it's much better than Apple.

Deku Tree

Does anyone know whats the quest called for the 310 artifact and what I need to do to unlock it?

Do the missions with the oryx image on them. These are the Taken War quests from the Vanguard, not from the reef. Then at some point you need to do the shield brothers strike quest to continue (not explained in game). Then eventually you get the "road to kings fall" quest and you need to do all of that. Then 310 artifact.

With HM KF coming, I really hope we get a 320 artifact quest somehow.

Deku Tree

Does anyone know whats the quest called for the 310 artifact and what I need to do to unlock it?

Do the missions with the oryx image on them. These are the Taken War quests from the Vanguard, not from the reef. Then at some point you need to do the shield brothers strike quest to continue (not explained in game). Then eventually you get the "road to kings fall" quest and you need to do all of that. Then 310 artifact.

Oh also there is a shortcut that somehow allows you to skip most of the 310 artifact quest by getting a friend to load up some later mission... It was on Reddit and IDK exactly how it works.

Jinjo

Man, this strike specific loot is rare AF. It's ridiculous. 8 strikes in a row on heroic, not a single drop for anyone in my FT.

ezekial45

Banned
I have the Oryx checkpoint (final part) for the King's Fall raid, and I'd like to try and clear it today. Anyone will to help? Preferably, I'd like to group with people that have done it before and can do it with no problems. The group I was in last night called it quits after too many wipes.

I'm free now, so anyone who wants in can sign up. I don't believe it'll take too long to do it.
PSN: ezekial45

1. ezekial45

i believe you have to do all the Taken War stuff. IIRC, it ends with Fear's Embrace.

Complete The Taken War for Earth, Venus and Mars (Vanguard missions). You'll unlock Road to King's Fall (Eris Morn) and get the Artifact at the end.

Thanks, still rocking a 200 artifact on my warlock and figure I might as well work on that :p

I have the Oryx checkpoint (final part) for the King's Fall raid, and I'd like to try and clear it today. Anyone will to help? Preferably, I'd like to group with people that have done it before and can do it with no problems. The group I was in last night called it quits after too many wipes.

I'm free now, so anyone who wants in can sign up. I don't believe it'll take too long to do it.

1. ezekial45

I can help out. PSN same as my GAF

Anyone wanna get together for some court of oryx?

I wanna do at least 3 Reciprocal and 4 Stolen.

I'll help if you wanna do an Antiquated but I'm saving mine for next week.

Brannon

1. ezekial45

I'm game. PSN Reisadan

chur

1. ezekial45
I can help. PSN churmom

5v6, we take over A and B and we're up 7k-4k, 2 people on their team quit, so 5v4 and teammates take over C also like idiots. Spawn flips and they fake A and B and end up winning. Yay randoms!!!

We lost 5v4 the whole match from that point too. So dumb.

Jinjo

Also, I did not know ToM was full-auto 'till I got it. So good.

The effect when you're hip firing in "overcharge" mode is ugly as sin though. Looks really cheap. Like paper-trees-in-racing-games cheap.

Re: 320 artifact quest: afak the "Old Hunger" quest is not finished yet. Atleast I never unlocked the Beltane shader. And it said that unlocked on completion of that. I'm guessing there's a HM sequel to the quest for a 320 artifact (and the beltane shader).

Daemul

An interesting write up for potential Darkness based subclasses, though they are a bit on the OP side and the jump swaps make no sense.

I've probably said this before, but I can see us being given the choice to side with the Deep one day and introducing Darkness based subclasses would add so much depth to Destiny. It also gives Bungie an avenue to continue adding more subclasses to the game instead of us being stuck with the 9 subclasses we currently have for the rest of Destiny's lifespan.

Inb4 Dark Warlocks being broken as shit

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Can anyone on Xbox One help me out with a quick quest? Being a pain in the ass on solo. Literally take 2 mins.

X-Frame

Who are the best Titan streamers? AEGabriel seems to not play as often as Year 1 and he still uses all the Year 1 weapons and only plays in the Classic 6v6.

I'm looking to see a Titan player with all Year 2 weapons on Year 2 maps.

An interesting write up for potential Darkness based subclasses, though they are a bit on the OP side and the jump swaps make no sense.

I've probably said this before, but I can see us being given the choice to side with the Deep one day and introducing Darkness based subclasses would add so much depth to Destiny. It also gives Bungie an avenue to continue adding more subclasses to the game instead of us being stuck with the 9 subclasses we currently have for the rest of Destiny's lifespan.

Inb4 Dark Warlocks being broken as shit

Would it be cliche for them to add a 4th class based around technology? That probably doesn't fit into the lore right now though.

Agent

Finished off the Jolly Holiday quest with The Last Word kills. Absolutely brutal. I don't think I could have finished it without heavy/super kills with how bad TLW is now. I felt like the kills I got with TLW were pure luck against inexperienced players because any semi competent player with a pulse rifle would win 10 out of 10 times.

Deku Tree

What I learned from two man oryx.

As long as you have a sunbro with super then if your spark runner scrubs it's not an automatic wipe. You can still stagger Oryx, and you can still detonate your bombs, even without the aura.

At least until we hear whether or not Bungie patches it. I wonder if they are hastily modifying HM KF right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom