• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

G_Berry

Banned
SLC3HMD.jpg

not the best gun in my arsenal, but my faovirte gun nonetheless
That gun is beast. Been using it as my primary for ages now. Just need some 300+ primaries to level it up!

matmanx1

I think this has been the least stressful IB for me yet. Just doing the 3 daily bounties + a few extra games each day meant I was able to turn in 2 out of the 3 weeklies to hit rank 5 today. I never was able to get the top score in a game (although I had second several times) to complete that one weekly but I didn't even need it.

As the week progressed I ended up going almost exclusively with Red Death, 1000-Yard Stare with Hidden Hand (would you like some aim assist with your aim assist?) and Baron's Ambition for my heavy slot.

I used to be a pretty heavy duty shotgun user but for some reason I stink with them now, which is actually just fine with me. I'd rather stay at mid range most of the time and let Red Death do its work while mixing in the occasional snipe if I get the chance.

I started off the week using Objection IV (New Monarchy vendor MG) but a heavy ammo crate only gives 36 rounds for that gun versus 72 for the Baron's Ambition. Against any opponent who was quick to dodge I found myself running out of ammo after 3 kills or so with the Objection IV. Objection IV does hit harder per round but not twice as hard, meaning Baron's Ambition's larger magazine (and bigger range and better stability) used smartly could usually get me 5+ kills and was sometimes even able to last until the next Heavy Ammo crate.

One final word on my experience as a Sunbreaker this week: In an objective based game mode with an active radar and 12 players on the field, Sunbreaker is in its element. Targets are plentiful and you know exactly where they are, most of the time. It was rare that I didn't get at least 3 kills and up to 5 kills sometimes.

Alternatively in Rumble or Skirmish I find Subreaker underwhelming. With less players on the field and no set objectives to gravitate towards it is much more difficult to find targets. Additionally the hammers have a travel time and an arc shaped flight path meaning its easier to put an obstacle between yourself and a hammer than it would be with something like golden gun.

I also think smart players have gotten used to hearing that "CLANK" sound and running the heck away. I know I do.

Will Sunbreaker be a force in Trials? Maybe. They are still tough to take down. But certain maps that are larger in size and offer plenty of obstacles to hide behind will make it tough for a Sunbreaker to get kills. It should be interesting to see what happens.

I also think smart players have gotten used to hearing that "CLANK" sound and running the heck away. I know I do.

I agree with most of your points, but especially this - people definitely scatter as soon as the sound effect is heard. I'm curious how it will play out in ToO. Part of me says that because there are only 3 opposing players it won't be as much of a threat, but the other part says that because it will force teams to scatter/run for their lives, any team with a Titan will basically be able to clean everyone up as they run away.

X-Frame

The "Second Wind" perk on the Iron Banner boots are the best in slot. Nothing is better than getting 15 seconds of increased movement speed and weapon switching.

If you die 10 times a match, that is 150 seconds of much faster than average movements. Highly recommended for PvP.

The "Second Wind" perk on the Iron Banner boots are the best in slot. Nothing is better than getting 15 seconds of increased movement speed and weapon switching.

If you die 10 times a match, that is 150 seconds of much faster than average movements. Highly recommended for PvP.
That's good. My boots dropped with those perks. Is that one standard or random?

maomaoIYP

Damnit! 50 points away from top spot for the bounty 2&#%$ I will never get it lol
Try this when Vertigo loads up.
Ignore B. Capture A/C, do nothing but hold A/C, and alternate between A, the portal platform, and C. Bring a pulse/scout, shotgun, and good RL (preferably truth). The shotgun is for fighting opponents that use the portal when you're on the platform. If there are a ton of enemies on A/C when you're on the platform, throw a grenade in, shoot some shots, hide behind the pillar when necessary.
You are almost guaranteed to be the top player if you can do this.

edit: for example: https://www.bungie.net/en/Legend/PGCR?instanceId=3980243679&characterId=2305843009314195964
https://www.bungie.net/en/Legend/PGCR?instanceId=3977639196&characterId=2305843009314195964
https://www.bungie.net/en/Legend/PGCR?instanceId=3977385128&characterId=2305843009314195964
I was playing solo.

Dumb question here but I am new to Destiny and lost at the moment.
I cant figure out how to start the Taken King campaign.
I have the Taken King installed and used the consumable to boost my level to 25 but I cant figure out how to start the Taken King campaign. Help!

Never mind, I just found the mission on Phobos. Duh!

BraXzy

After my last inspiring win in IB, I've now gone on a 4 loss streak in the solo queue.. Still getting 4-5000 points a time. Woop woop.

ZServ

Our 6th seems to be late/busy/something. In 11 minutes (11EST) I'm calling it for them. Any takers for that spot should it open up?

Edit: Raid. On Oryx.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom