• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyoufu

You say free, but I would still have to waste my time MM and then loading into the match all for a smidgen of Crucible rep. That's not what I'm playing IB for, although the medallion could make up for it provided I didn't already have 5.

And I have also been spawned into a 6v1 situation https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aU9-GJ2-kK8

The funny thing Fig is that it was the same map that it happened in for me too. lol :D

I don't think they are, you just notice it more when the best players get nothing due to confirmation bias. I imagine it's 100% randomized.

But you see, the number of times I and others here have pointed out games where the bottom player gets the goodies is just too alarming for my tastes.

Frenden

Banned
Unexpectedly good gun alert.

It's a 32 RoF, lower impact, Hand of Crota variant, but I'm really liking the vendor NM hand cannon, the Appellant. It has a Red Death lite build, but the handling is the star.

With Rifled Barrel selected, it has more range than Hawkmoon and slightly less range than Ace of Spades.

Much in the same way that the 96 recoil value on Ace negates the low stability, the 100 (100!) recoil value of Appellant means picking Rifled Barrel is NOT a detriment. Stability is more a visual problem than a practical one.

I give the Appellant a hearty "buy it if you have spare marks" rating.

Mupod

managed to pound out most of the Touch of Malice prerequisite stuff. Apparently I'd already gotten most of the annoying fragments and my Agonarch Rune which was stuck at 6/7 for weeks was finished by the first Taken I killed on the dreadnaught today. Ran into a group running Court who helped me get my last two fragments.

Just have undying mind and fear's embrace to do. Should be no problem to pound those out tomorrow or tuesday before raiding.

I'm wondering if it'll be a must-have for the hard raid, at least while we are at low gear levels. Maybe they'll be sneaky and do something with the invincibility bubble mechanics similar to how you can't heal normally on hard crota.

managed to pound out most of the Touch of Malice prerequisite stuff. Apparently I'd already gotten most of the annoying fragments and my Agonarch Rune which was stuck at 6/7 for weeks was finished by the first Taken I killed on the dreadnaught today. Ran into a group running Court who helped me get my last two fragments.

Just have undying mind and fear's embrace to do. Should be no problem to pound those out tomorrow or tuesday before raiding.

I'm wondering if it'll be a must-have for the hard raid, at least while we are at low gear levels. Maybe they'll be sneaky and do something with the invincibility bubble mechanics similar to how you can't heal normally on hard crota.
I'm honestly afraid of groups having too many Touch of Malice's....It's great for staggering Oryx, but outside of that it is sub-par in the rest of the match. Especially when you get pulled into his orb. I think 2-3 ToM will be great for hard raid, but more than that will hit a tipping point. I only say this because I played a normal fight against Oryx where 5 people had ToM, and staggering was no problem. We struggled a bit with the rest.

GorillaJu

The funny thing Fig is that it was the same map that it happened in for me too. lol :D

But you see, the number of times I and others here have pointed out games where the bottom player gets the goodies is just too alarming for my tastes.

That's how confirmation bias works. You only notice it when it affirms what you believe. I really don't know the numbers obviously but I think if you look at the data and track every result you'd see an even distribution.

GutZ31

That's how confirmation bias works. You only notice it when it affirms what you believe. I really don't know the numbers obviously but I think if you look at the data and track every result you'd see an even distribution.
I think the data would show a pretty big lack of first place loot drops worth mentioning compared to all other rankings.

I'm honestly afraid of groups having too many Touch of Malice's....It's great for staggering Oryx, but outside of that it is sub-par in the rest of the match. Especially when you get pulled into his orb. I think 2-3 ToM will be great for hard raid, but more than that will hit a tipping point. I only say this because I played a normal fight against Oryx where 5 people had ToM, and staggering was no problem. We struggled a bit with the rest.

ToM for Oryx and ads. Sword against the Knight. Sniper for everything else. I wouldn't use my primary against the echo anyway.

Rubenov

So after extensive testing with several pulse rifles (Hawksaw, Red Death, BJ, Suros-PDX-45, Grasp of Malok), I can safely say that if you have to choose between range and stability on a pulse, choose stability.

So after extensive testing with several pulse rifles (Hawksaw, Red Death, BJ, Suros-PDX-45, Grasp of Malok), I can safely say that if you have to choose between range and stability on a pulse, choose stability.

Range on pulses is pretty inaccurate. Red Death has barely any range with aggressive ballistics and it can still hit from way out

Every single pulse rifle has been able to match my hung jury in confrontations no matter how far away they are. Range is NOT a factor at all.

GutZ31

ToM for Oryx and ads. Sword against the Knight. Sniper for everything else. I wouldn't use my primary against the echo anyway.
Usually use a high rate of fire machine gun for the echo, as well as sniper.
Touch of Malice since I am usually running relic anyway.

Pro tip: floater and relic holder should be clearing adds while bomb squad detonate explosives. ToM works great for this task.

Strider

Yep. Pulse rifles have plenty of range as is... Been rockin stability on JuJu the whole time.

Pro tip: floater and relic holder should be clearing adds while bomb squad detonate explosives. ToM works great for this task.

qPt7UTf.png

Nirwen's Mercy feels like cheating. Holy moly, this is like sweet melted butter.
You aren't switching between these, are you? Just making sure team comp has this in some way, shape, or form?

You're my boy, blue. I'm always runner also. Absolutely love it, and that ToM is a monster at clearing adds. (I also find running less stressful than dealing with big ass ogres)

You aren't switching between these, are you? Just making sure team comp has this in some way, shape, or form?

I use the same loadout whether I'm runner or on platform duty. Never been the floater, but I can't imagine I'd need it to be different. Last few raids I've done, I'm pretty sure everyone had a ToM and we had no problems. A good sniper is your best friend. Vendor 1000-Yard Stare is great if you can land your precision shots, still decent if not.

Malo

Banned
Anyone interested in doing kings fall (XB1) right now? There's 3 of us (all newbies) light levels 293-296. We're a hunter, titan, and warlock.

Gamertag: THE H4NDOFGOD

Frenden

Banned
Space Buses dropped for me on the regular, but I haven't seen one of the new ship drop for anybody. I've been playing a ton--even past multiple rank 5's--in the hopes of getting one.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Drops are rare because items are limited. Old IB at least dropped a ton of crucible exclusives too. I haven't seen one crucible exclusive yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom