• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KanameYuuki

I find seriously funny how now communities are blaming each other for the spread of shadow shot glitch. And is normal to keep an exploit like that on an online game for so long? is t like that on MMOs?

Raybunny

Too soon too soon. Must not play.

I find seriously funny how now communities are blaming each other for the spread of shadow shot glitch. And is normal to keep an exploit like that on an online game for so long? is t like that on MMOs?

Glitches like that tend to be fixed quite fast. Titan was fixed in a couple of days but shadow shot? Someone must love using it not to patch it asap.

No. usually the ability gets disabled or hotfixed within a week if the expliot is too serious

Got all the IB vendor gear after an excruciating grind. It really is a massive disaster this time around.

However, the gear is very nice. Obviously the PR is talked about but the sidearm and the boots are very nice. The sidearm was getting me kills like a second primary on the right maps.

He deserved those boots!

Yeah...absolutely no argument for this. But the sad thing is Bungie simply doesn't give a fuck.

That's how I got my bond. I agree it's bs.

ha4omzXh.jpg

Not that I played great but still!

ha4omzXh.jpg

Not that I played great but still!
I mean...I would love to tweet this to Bungie or something and ask for an honest-to-god answer of how the shit it makes any sense. At all. I'd be upset about it, but still understand if the person played the whole damn time and somehow still managed 0 kills because they are awful. But to have joined right before the end and still get that is beyond fucked up.

Kyoufu

I mean...I would love to tweet this to Bungie or something and ask for an honest-to-god answer of how the shit it makes any sense. At all. I'd be upset about it, but still understand if the person played the whole damn time and somehow still managed 0 kills because they are awful. But to have joined right before the end and still get that is beyond fucked up.

There are a million things I'd love an honest-to-god answer from one of the Bungie designers.

It's never going to happen though. They're never going to explain their decisions to us.

It's really frustrating for me because as much as I love Destiny, I feel really disconnected with the game when I'm not able to understand it.

E92 M3

It's better to keep the rewards RNG instead of only going to the best. People will start quitting otherwise. I've been at the top often with no rewards.

Raybunny

They could have implemented some smart loot feature in the crucible. If you are a top score get rewarded something. I call dibs on coins.

GorillaJu

What can they do or say? MM put them in right at the end, it wouldn't be fair to fuck them out of any chance at rewards when it isn't their fault, they didn't choose that game. Just an anomaly that happens from time to time.

I agree. We should send crucible teams to their matches on buses instead of everyone taking their own ship. We are wasting resources. Shaxx should step down. This is a major controversy. Gonna be all over the last city news channels.

I'm sure the Speaker has much to say on the issue.

Kyoufu

What can they do or say? MM put them in right at the end, it wouldn't be fair to fuck them out of any chance at rewards when it isn't their fault, they didn't choose that game. Just an anomaly that happens from time to time.

Who on Earth would complain about not getting loot after joining so late? So late in fact that he had no kills or deaths?

kidko

Man at first taste, not digging the raid scout. The kick makes me a little ill and the sound is so straight ballistic which seems weird for its look

GorillaJu

There are a million things I'd love an honest-to-god answer from one of the Bungie designers.

It's never going to happen though. They're never going to explain their decisions to us.

It's really frustrating for me because as much as I love Destiny, I feel really disconnected with the game when I'm not able to understand it.

I can explain it to you. It feels like shit to get stomped on by players who are just better than you and never get consolation prizes for playing. It's a double penalty: penalized once for not having fun as you get killed in every fire fight and penalized again by not getting a damn thing for your troubles.

Destiny, at its core, is input time = achieve progression. If I put in 15 minutes to an IB match, I should get some manner of positive progression no matter how shit I play.

It's better to keep the rewards RNG instead of only going to the best. People will start quitting otherwise. I've been at the top often with no rewards.
This I understand. It's more messed up how little time the person spent in the game. They could be the worst person, but at least they put in 10-15 minutes playing. But to join a minute before its end? I mean, it sucks they got thrown in the game with a minute to go....but I think the person thrown in with a minute left will be more understanding of not getting a reward than anyone who put in the time and played a whole match, no matter their standing in said match.

I feel silly bitching about this since it is the way it has always been....still makes me grumpy.

Kyoufu

You could complain about being MM into the match in the first place.

Nah, free Crucible rep or whatever it is you get when losing.

I'd only complain if MM put me in a 6v1 situation for some reason.

And yes, MM did start a round with me being alone the other week. I was just like, what?

I can explain it to you. It feels like shit to get stomped on by players who are just better than you and never get consolation prizes for playing. It's a double penalty: penalized once for not having fun as you get killed in every fire fight and penalized again by not getting a damn thing for your troubles.

Destiny, at its core, is input time = achieve progression. If I put in 15 minutes to an IB match, I should get some manner of positive progression no matter how shit I play.

I don't disagree with that, but why are those who put in a bigger contribution worse off almost always? That's not good design.

void666

Banned
Why is RNG so mean to me? Farming taniks for hours. Nothing.
Friend has 2 cloaks and he didn't farm at all. Another friend got a cloak with his titan. He doesn't even play as hunter.

Rehsa

Try this when Vertigo loads up.
Ignore B. Capture A/C, do nothing but hold A/C, and alternate between A, the portal platform, and C. Bring a pulse/scout, shotgun, and good RL (preferably truth). The shotgun is for fighting opponents that use the portal when you're on the platform. If there are a ton of enemies on A/C when you're on the platform, throw a grenade in, shoot some shots, hide behind the pillar when necessary.
You are almost guaranteed to be the top player if you can do this.

edit: for example: https://www.bungie.net/en/Legend/PGCR?instanceId=3980243679&characterId=2305843009314195964
https://www.bungie.net/en/Legend/PGCR?instanceId=3977639196&characterId=2305843009314195964
https://www.bungie.net/en/Legend/PGCR?instanceId=3977385128&characterId=2305843009314195964
I was playing solo.
Wow awesome scores, thanks for the tip. Will be trying again here soon.

Man at first taste, not digging the raid scout. The kick makes me a little ill and the sound is so straight ballistic which seems weird for its look

I wish they put effort into the sound and bullet trail the guns make. NOPE, HERE'S THESE WEIRD FLESH BONE GUNS THAT SOUND LIKE NORMAL WEAPONS.

Mindlog

"We're breaking up the teams to find a better match."
"Zone C lost."
sigh
Fine it's almost over. I'll take the coin and move on.
-_-
You don't win me over that easy matchmaking.
Pulse Rifle, new marks for each character and the ship achieved.

Now to skip IB forever :]

Just noticed the other players. One of them was making very liberal use of Shadowshot in another game lol.

Close enough, but HELLO. My optimum roll would be hidden hand/reactive reload, outlaw/feeding frenzy, hand laid/braced frame.

It's such a shame they nerfed the Crucible weapon drop rate this hard, it makes getting a good roll so incredibly unlikely. Back in HoW they dropped like rain but you only needed one Matador to re-roll to perfection. It might take 200 rolls but you'd get it. Now you'd have to play 50000 matches to get 200 drops of a weapon for a God roll.

Two steps forward, one or two (or three...) steps back with this game is the norm.

Raybunny

It's such a shame they nerfed the Crucible weapon drop rate this hard, it makes getting a good roll so incredibly unlikely. Back in HoW they dropped like rain but you only needed one Matador to re-roll to perfection. It might take 200 rolls but you'd get it. Now you'd have to play 50000 matches to get 200 drops of a weapon for a God roll.

Two steps forward, one or two (or three...) steps back with this game is the norm.

Three to four if you join on the equation subclasses.

And yes, MM did start a round with me being alone the other week. I was just like, what?

You say free, but I would still have to waste my time MM and then loading into the match all for a smidgen of Crucible rep. That's not what I'm playing IB for, although the medallion could make up for it provided I didn't already have 5.

And I have also been spawned into a 6v1 situation https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aU9-GJ2-kK8

GorillaJu

I don't disagree with that, but why are those who put in a bigger contribution worse off almost always? That's not good design.

I don't think they are, you just notice it more when the best players get nothing due to confirmation bias. I imagine it's 100% randomized.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom