• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frenden

Banned
Reposting this because I like it that much:

Unexpectedly good gun alert.

It's a 32 RoF, lower impact, Hand of Crota variant, but I'm really liking the vendor NM hand cannon, the Appellant. It has a Red Death lite build, but the handling is the star.

With Rifled Barrel selected, it has more range than Hawkmoon and slightly less range than Ace of Spades. Much in the same way that the 96 recoil value on Ace negates the low stability, the 100 (100!) recoil value of Appellant means picking Rifled Barrel is NOT a detriment. Stability is more a visual problem than a practical one.

I give the Appellant a hearty "buy it if you have spare marks" rating.

BraXzy

Don't feel bad, it's still bugged out for how many months now -- 9?

An entire back section of the ship is missing, so it looks like the rocket exhaust is coming out of nothing.

Technically it's not missing, I'm pretty sure the 3D faces are flipped so the textures are underneath and transparent. I got it a couple days ago and wondered what the heck was going on.

Mumford

Is there any way to still buy FWC emblems that I didn't purchase in year 1? I don't see where they're sold now that the vendor herself doesn't sell them.

GorillaJu

Reposting this because I like it that much:

Unexpectedly good gun alert.

It's a 32 RoF, lower impact, Hand of Crota variant, but I'm really liking the vendor NM hand cannon, the Appellant. It has a Red Death lite build, but the handling is the star.

With Rifled Barrel selected, it has more range than Hawkmoon and slightly less range than Ace of Spades. Much in the same way that the 96 recoil value on Ace negates the low stability, the 100 (100!) recoil value of Appellant means picking Rifled Barrel is NOT a detriment. Stability is more a visual problem than a practical one.

I give the Appellant a hearty "buy it if you have spare marks" rating.

I don't have spare marks but it'll be the next thing I check out, thanks! Actually think I got one in an NM care package but the rolls were bad and I never use HCs :p

1 spot open at Oryx if anyone wants to jump in real quick

edit: full now

Pro tip: floater and relic holder should be clearing adds while bomb squad detonate explosives. ToM works great for this task.

Thank you for posting this, lol. Not sure how the misinformation about "you have to keep shooting Oryx!" spread but it's been everywhere. And then the adds kill people when they go to detonate bombs and then you wipe...

Dunk#7

AHHHHHH!!!!!

On last stage of all Crucible quests trying to get 9 points from wins

Just went 38-10 with 5000 points in Clash and our team lost by 1000. I had half of the 10000 points needed in a 6 man event

Driving me crazy

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Alright. Done with IB for today. Got Warlock and Titan to 5. Will try and get Hunter to 5 tomorrow.

Thanks for the runs everyone.

GorillaJu

If anyone is raiding, I need full raid on 1 char (291 light) and just Oryx on another (295), keep me in mind if you're on the lookout...

Alright. Done with IB for today. Got Warlock and Titan to 5. Will try and get Hunter to 5 tomorrow.

Thanks for the runs everyone.

Thanks for the last couple of games, got to rank 4 and with the weeklies should be 5 tomorrow :)

Nice, though I don't get the point of getting alts to 5 when you can only get the PR at 5. If your main is already 5 and has the PR, just get alts to 4 for the boots.

I'll probably play some after daily reset when the buff is 150%. The less IB games to rank up, the better.

GorillaJu

Nice, though I don't get the point of getting alts to 5 when you can only get the PR at 5. If your main is already 5 and has the PR, just get alts to 4 for the boots.

I'll probably play some after daily reset when the buff is 150%. The less IB games to rank up, the better.

I think your alts can get any drops at any level if you have one char at 5. I got the ship on a rank 0 character after leveling one to 5.

Rehsa

I am only playing the one character right now, might not get a chance tomorrow to work on any others. I am moving and wife is having the baby this week so this is it for my Destiny time for a bit :/ Also Comcast does not know when service will be available for the section of the neighborhood I am moving into -.- No games period is going to suuuuuuck

GutZ31

Thank you for posting this, lol. Not sure how the misinformation about "you have to keep shooting Oryx!" spread but it's been everywhere. And then the adds kill people when they go to detonate bombs and then you wipe...

I think the misinformation is a lag glitch with Oryx, because I have run into it quite a few times with players that are pretty far away from me geographically, as well as somewhat close.

Set off all bombs at exactly the same time; No damage taken by Oryx.

Set off all bombs at nearly the same time, and shooting Oryx; 30% chance of 2 or 1 bomb registering in lag environment.

I think it is mostly perceived to help, but in my tests, shooting him does nothing of note while waiting on bomb detonation.
Basically, I have seen him still not take damage after a perfect run, with and without shooting him, so it's likely all lag related.

1 spot open at Oryx if anyone wants to jump in real quick

edit: full now

This is my Oryx games go when I run relic:

Grab relic and head to ship. I'm just about always there before knight is even dropped off
Kill Knight, meet in center
At this time, Oryx is just about to smash fist down so---
---quick 4-5 seconds to clear adds on left and right then---
-stagger Oryx. At this points, adds are just about already gone for bomb detonation
I then dedicate rest of my time to hitting Oryx in chest

I have 3 characters that I run on Oryx every week, and I've honestly had a ton of times that he regains control of darkness because he isn't being hit in chest. If this isn't accurate, then I'm truly confused because when I am shooting in chest I've had 0 times where bombs don't hurt him like they should. Not shooting in chest? All the time.

kidko

This is my Oryx games go when I run relic:

Grab relic and head to ship. I'm just about always there before knight is even dropped off
Kill Knight, meet in center
At this time, Oryx is just about to smash fist down so---
---quick 4-5 seconds to clear adds on left and right then---
-stagger Oryx. At this points, adds are just about already gone for bomb detonation
I then dedicate rest of my time to hitting Oryx in chest

I have 3 characters that I run on Oryx every week, and I've honestly had a ton of times that he regains control of darkness because he isn't being hit in chest. If this isn't accurate, then I'm truly confused because when I am shooting in chest I've had 0 times where bombs don't hurt him like they should. Not shooting in chest? All the time.

Isn't the shooting the chest part a DOS check that requires most or all of the team to be unloading?

on the "world's first raid" they were stuck for like an hour because they didn't realize they had to shoot the chest after the bombs detonated for the dmg to trigger.

edit:
https://youtu.be/Ucemdx_CfF0?t=12973

that's where you can see what happens if no one does dmg.

edit 2:
and this is where they figure out that you need to do the dmg.
https://youtu.be/Ucemdx_CfF0?t=15164

Yes, AFTER.

When 4 players go to detonate bombs, other 2 don't need to shoot Oryx. Just clear adds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom