• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Owensboro

Count me in, i never did the raid but i am already light level 306 and have a black spindel at 310, so i can do some decent damage

Friday would be perfect for me, just pm me on gaf 3 Hours before we start

Can do. It might have to be pushed to Saturday depending on who can play and when, or if I get stuck in another State on Friday thanks to work.

I've still yet to run the raid so I'd be up for this, though times may be a problem as I'm GMT so like 4 hours ahead of you

Saturday is always an option, but we'd still need to work out a start time. It'll be funny if we end up with some PDT people and have a 7 hour swing (PDT to GMT) to plan around.

EDIT: Quoting my post from earlier for a new page, and so people know what the hell we're talking about:

Oh hell, Hard Mode is coming out this Friday? Well this is an awful time to try this, but I'm on my own this weekend and will have way to much time to play...so...

I'm looking to do King's Fall for the first time (Normal Mode) (PSN) (PS4), wanted to do it blind (haven't ready any strategies or anything), and was wondering if there were 5 others from GAF that had any interest in doing the same thing? Obviously we could institute some kind of contingency plan of "read a strategy after wiping the 5th time" so it's not totally stressful, but I'd still like to try and figure everything out on my/our own.

I'm sitting around 295 light, assume others would need to be around the same level (at least 288-290? I think?), and was hoping to start it up Friday, October 23rd around 8pm EST. All day Saturday is also an option. Any interest? Shoot me a PM if so and we'll see what happens.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Dismantle that monstrosity immediately.
Fuuuuuuuuck no, it's awesome. And much better than the Year 1 IB ship :p

I got it with a .57kd :d (in my defence I was tired, ground out and it was laggy as hell)
I got first place, and also got 299 IB boots with Int/Disc at the same time XD

MZ6WEAp.gif
tumblr_nbgu6fC7GY1tim32go1_500.gif

Raybunny

I totally appreciate the time you took to type that and thank you :) yes my artifact is awful and something that is totally holding me back.

I haven't finished the Taken King story content, I'm on that final mission and then I think CoO opens up right?

You are most welcome.

CoO opens as soon as you reach the dreadnought. If you are saying about the CoO quest... then maybe. You would need to share with me the quest name and the step you are on.

Ugh whomever decided "hey let's make the sword exotic quests very grindy that requires you to have a phd in wielding since you are grinding all the time. In addition the player also has to wait atleast a week" is evil and need to reconsider their life.

Glad the hunter void glitch is around.

Raybunny

Fuuuuuuuuck no, it's awesome. And much better than the Year 1 IB ship :p

I got first place, and also got 299 IB boots with Int/Disc at the same time XD

tumblr_nbgu6fC7GY1tim32go1_500.gif

Rng is a pain but the best drop I got out IB was: COINS. Hail hail precious strange coins. That thing is the "bizniz".

Can you beat eight warpreist clears with zero loot? Or an entire run with my Titan with only 303 gauntlets to show?

Warpriest is definitely the stingiest boss in the raid. I'm sure 8 of my 15 clears were loot-free (hence no sniper still). Group I ran with last night had really bad luck, one Ghost at Totems and all shards at Warpriest.

I got two 300 Ghosts from Oryx this week. King's Fall loot is bad, mm'kay.

If I'm lucky i'll be able to do one hard raid on the weekend, probably sunday. Hard raid launch timing couldn't be worse for me :(

Stupid shadowshot glitch delayed trials and preponed hard raid :(

Damn, Shadowshot glitch is seriously the worst. No other cheat has caused nearly this much garbage. I kinda feel like doing a little Crucible to finish my Warlock's weekly bounties (Nightfall tier rewards! Hunter got strange coins!)... but on second thought....

Recall

You are most welcome.

CoO opens as soon as you reach the dreadnought. If you are saying about the CoO... then quest maybe. You would need to share with me the quest name and the step you are on.

My quest log says The Taken King [14] Regicide.

If I go to the Dreadnaught it just shows to spawn locations for story missions and a strike.

E92 M3

Warpriest is definitely the stingiest boss in the raid. I'm sure 8 of my 15 cleats were loot-free (hence no sniper still). Group I ran with last night had really bad luck, one Ghost at Totems and all shards at Warpriest.

Damn, Shadowshot glitch is seriously the worst. No other cheat has caused nearly this much garbage. I kinda feel like doing a little Crucible to finish my Warlock's weekly bounties (Nightfall tier rewards! Hunter got strange coins!)... but on second thought....

The damn priest won't give me the stupid LMG that I've wanted since the raid launched.

DarKshodaN

Can do. It might have to be pushed to Saturday depending on who can play and when, or if I get stuck in another State on Friday thanks to work.

Saturday is always an option, but we'd still need to work out a start time. It'll be funny if we end up with some PDT people and have a 7 hour swing (PDT to GMT) to plan around.

EDIT: Quoting my post from earlier for a new page, and so people know what the hell we're talking about:

I could play on saturday too, just let me know when you want to start

You are not worthy until you can do the jumping puzzles flawlessly :p

:( Nearly did it over the weekend then that stupid ledge getting to the Exotic chest kept fucking me over with my Warlock, so I rage quit and rejoined at sisters :d

If anyone has Pistons checkpoint I'd be grateful

If I go to the Dreadnaught it just shows to spawn locations for story missions and a strike.

Yeah gotta finish story missions to unlock Dreadnaught patrol. There'll be a mission where you go place patrol beacons on the DNaught.

PuMa

So regarding the IB Pulse, Nirwen's Mercy...I got one to drop for me over the weekend just as I hit rank 5, so I got to try to two different rolls. Initially, I thought my random roll was going to be even slightly better than the vendor model because it has smallbore. That puts the range and stability both higher than the vendor model. However, what really makes this gun fire true is the Perfect Balance perk. With that perk, the gun fires much tighter even though the attributes aren't technically as high. My two cents.

Raybunny

The CoO is accessible during patrols.

I thought you finished the story mission already.

I would focus on finishing that quest line asap. It is the last story mission. After that you need to talk with a few npcs and you will have the patrol mission that will unlock the patrol option if I am not mistaken. GO GO!

Skele7on

Banned
stolen from reddit but here is good math for Iron Banner Monday.

Today's Tempered buff is a whopping 150%! With the 10% bonus from the emblem, shader, and class item, you can Rank up in no time today. Hitting Rank 5 for that sweet, sweet Pulse Rifle will be a walk in the park.

Today's math: 1.1 x 1.1 x 1.1 x 2.5 = 3.32 multiplier, or 232%

Wins today get you 166 rep, plus an extra 132 rep for each medallion you have.

Daily bounties will earn you 415 rep each, so 1,245 rep total for all three.

Turning in weekly bounties today will get you 1,743 rep each, 5,229 total for all three. To hit Rank 5 by turning in all three weekly bounties at once, you'd need to be at 1,971/2400 on Rank 2 (working towards Rank 3).If you wanted to rely on turning in the three dailies plus the three weeklies, you'd only need to be at 726/2400 on Rank 2.

Alt math: as long as you have a character at least one Rank higher, you'll receive a bonus 100% rep, so if we double all the numbers above we'll find that alts can be leveled up with only a couple of bounties. Plus, if you hit Rank 5 on one character, you really only need to hit Rank 4 on your alts to have access to all of the gear (the boots on each class).

SO! Assuming you've hit Rank 5 on your main, your alt only needs to complete one weekly bounty today and all three daily bounties to hit Rank 4 (plus one victory, which you already probably have). Pretty easy to do!

So regarding the IB Pulse, Nirwen's Mercy...I got one to drop for me over the weekend just as I hit rank 5, so I got to try to two different rolls. Initially, I thought my random roll was going to be even slightly better than the vendor model because it has smallbore. That puts the range and stability both higher than the vendor model. However, what really makes this gun fire true is the Perfect Balance perk. With that perk, the gun fires much tighter even though the attributes aren't technically as high. My two cents.

Vendor model can have maxed stability with braced frame. Although I'm not sure if it's better to lose a little stability for a bunch more range by switching to the middle sight. Interesting about Perfect Balance though, I'll have to give that a spin.

PuMa

Vendor model can have maxed stability with braced frame. Although I'm not sure if it's better to lose a little stability for a bunch more range by switching to the middle sight. Interesting about Perfect Balance though, I'll have to give that a spin.

I tried that as well. My rando roll also has braced frame but smallbore actually gives even more of a boost. Perfect balance still feels much better.

E92 M3

What's funny is that for the first time ever, I do not care about legendary engrams - they are completely useless to me. It seems like each class has 2 designs for their armor and that's it.

I can't be alone on this.

Can't remote into my PS4 this morning from Vita or PSTV. Was there a minor system update or something? I can get to a black screen and then it disconnects.

LiK

What's funny is that for the first time ever, I do not care about legendary engrams - they are completely useless to me. It seems like each class has 2 designs for their armor and that's it.

I can't be alone on this.

I only care if they're weapons. but so far most are armor and specifically CLASS items. PLEASE STOP GIVING ME PURPLE CLASS ITEMS

The CoO is accessible during patrols.

I thought you finished the story mission already.

I would focus on finishing that quest line asap. It is the last story mission. After that you need to talk with a few npcs and you will have the patrol mission that will unlock the patrol option if I am not mistaken. GO GO!

Gotta get a calcified fragment then turn it into Eris then get 5 more then do a CoO to unlock the Court quest line. Then do 6 tier 1s, 3 Tier 2s and a Tier 3 for the 300 artifact.

Also good to skip all the Taken War stuff by just joining someone who has already done it. Ruthless helped me yesterday, took like 20 minutes.

-play fears embrace
-talk to Eris at tower for blighted world's quest
-do kings of decay mission
-do entropy whatever mission
-talk to Eris in tower
-do summoners circle mission
-do raid, get 310 artifact.

On the good news side of things, got my Titan to rank 4 and saved up a bunch of daily bounties on my warlock. Started IB for the first time on my warlock yesterday morning and 15 matches later I was rank 5. Three matches later and I had the weekly PVP nightfall bounty done (290 ash factory with crap perks.)

Raybunny

Gotta get a calcified fragment then turn it into Eris then get 5 more then do a CoO to unlock the Court quest line. Then do 6 tier 1s, 3 Tier 2s and a Tier 3 for the 300 artifact.

Also good to skip all the Taken War stuff by just joining someone who has already done it. Ruthless helped me yesterday, took like 20 minutes.

-play fears embrace
-talk to Eris at tower for blighted world's quest
-do kings of decay mission
-do entropy whatever mission
-talk to Eris in tower
-do summoners circle mission
-do raid, get 310 artifact.

Yes! Indeed.

Regarding the artifact. I did that with Ocean and Falifax. In 3 missions they were done. They just need to raid and puff.

Regarding raid... DAYUM wont be able to play for over 2 weeks ( something worth for) but will be missing the fun of blind hard mode, plus a few armdays for the first curse.

Ill make sure to poke some GAF members from them precious Destiny time when in NJ.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
For the raid shader can we get the pieces for the checklist on different characters or do I have to get all 4 pieces of armour with one?

E92 M3

Free marks!

That's about the least exciting thing ever lol.

I only care if they're weapons. but so far most are armor and specifically CLASS items. PLEASE STOP GIVING ME PURPLE CLASS ITEMS

Oh yeah, I get 3 marks all the time as well.

Now that the Hard Raid is coming out friday I fully expect that you would get it this week on normal, just in time for it to become irrelevant.

I'll infuse that so HARD.

For the raid shader can we get the pieces for the checklist on different characters or do I have to get all 4 pieces of armour with one?

Have all of those pieces on one character and you're good to go.

2 damn fragments left for my 2nd touch of malice but i'm not sure the ones i'm missing.

I know i dont hv one for the sunless cell nightfall, so that leaves t3 court (the other 2 not mini crota), raid (i think i got these) and some t2 combination...

Deku Tree

Bungie should really do a patch today so that NF rewards can be fixed for reset. I hate when they do a patch in the middle of the day on reset day or later to change the effects of reset activities.

Warpriest is definitely the stingiest boss in the raid. I'm sure 8 of my 15 clears were loot-free (hence no sniper still). Group I ran with last night had really bad luck, one Ghost at Totems and all shards at Warpriest.

WP is the stingiest. Only ever got 1 sniper from him, rest were all shards.

I'm going to do IB on my titan, let's see how many games it takes to get to rank 4 starting from zero today.

stolen from reddit but here is good math for Iron Banner Monday.

Sweet. I have 10 IB daily bounties on my titan and 6 on my warlock. Don't even need to do the weekly bounties.

Skele7on

Banned
Bungie should really do a patch today so that NF rewards can be fixed for reset. I hate when they do a patch in the middle of the day on reset day or later to change the effects of reset activities.

They said it'd be fixed really soon in the update right?

Or are they just saying they're opening up discussions soon?

I hope shadowshot is fixed for HM sure they'll be disqualified for using it but the world first run should be pure.

Langy

GAF please help me!

I'm on what i think is the last step for the Touch of Malice, killing the Echo of Oryx on Phobos again, but i just can't do this one solo. Too many adds spawn when i get him to low health even with killing the big black balls.

Would anyone be kind enough to join on me and help me real quick please?

psn is Langoit...no mic at the minute but i will wave and dance for you!!

You don't need to get it all on one. If you are missing the helmet on your Titan and you have it on your warlock, just move it into your Titans inventory and the shader will unlock! Mix and match!

2 damn fragments left for my 2nd touch of malice but i'm not sure the ones i'm missing.

I know i dont hv one for the sunless cell nightfall, so that leaves t3 court (the other 2 not mini crota), raid (i think i got these) and some t2 combination...

You're crazy! I'll do the fear's embrace mission with you

Deku Tree

They said it'd be fixed really soon in the update right?

Or are they just saying they're opening up discussions soon?

I hope shadowshot is fixed for HM sure they'll be disqualified for using it but the world first run should be pure.

I thought they said NF rewards will be fixed " this week "

maomaoIYP

12 randoms in a match of 6v6 IB.
We had the lead. After a while the opposing team manages to take B.
All the shitstains on my side quit. Well except me of course.
CRrqyUkUwAAcjOA.jpg:large

"Loot drops are the primary way for players to acquire Iron Banner loot." Bulllllllllllllshit. Why even say this when it clearly not true, even by their own admission. If you have to be rank 5 to get rank 5 drops, then guess what, drops are not the primary means. Even now on the last day where most ppl are probably high ranked, I have seen zero drops for other players too.

LiK

12 randoms in a match of 6v6 IB.
We had the lead. After a while the opposing team manages to take B.
All the shitstains on my side quit. Well except me of course.
CRrqyUkUwAAcjOA.jpg:large

I saw this quite a bit when playing with randoms. apparently the medallions mean jackshit now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom