• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want it, after 3 hours of farming I had nothing to show for it :/

Hoping to get one today, I don't even care about the god rolls (yes I do...) I just want one to call my own :p

Yeah...I did that in year 1 for a few weapons and those weapons are either dismantled or sitting in my vault. Maybe if this gun becomes the new top tier trials gun? But 2.0 really seems to be about what works for you + your position from the enemy.

PuMa

Yeah...I did that in year 1 for a few weapons and those weapons are either dismantled or sitting in my vault. Maybe if this gun becomes the new top tier trials gun? But 2.0 really seems to be about what works for you + your position from the enemy.

How you liking that Nirwen's?

Skele7on

Banned
I would lol if Bungie nerfs Grasp of Malok just like they nerfed Hopsotch Pilgrim. They did it before for exactly the same reason. Best weapons should come from end game activities not endless farming.

Let me have my depressing fun, as I have only had terrible rolls I much prefer the IB pulse.

I'm sure as soon as I get a semi decent roll my opinion will change.

I love destiny as somehow it always hides these treasures behind endless hours of painful grinding one spot.. At least it stays true to it's roots, I prefer this to awful bounties.

Lnkn52

You'll get rekt and never get the PR ;)

RTeuW.gif

sajj316

Thanks Saj, I'll work on getting my hands on that one!

One other one is the Imago Loop. Legendary drop when doing the Undying Mind Strike. Good rolls are not guaranteed but possible.

Finally got the IB pulse last night. Very good IB trains during the weekend with my boys jrocca and sephi22!!

I actually think the new Light system is much more complicated than the old system. And just as punitive. Allow me to explain.

Why it's more complicated. Before you only had to know your level, the enemies level & your weapon. Now you need to know:

1. Your Character's Level
2. Your Character's Light Level
3. Your Weapon's Attack Value
4. The Enemy's Level (Nightfall & Normal raid are 42)
5. The Enemy's Light Level.​

They added two more variables by making Light a variable rather than just a score.

And remember how fighting Crota or Skolas one level down resulted in a massive 33% damage penalty? Well, if you're like me and keep getting 300 raid drops, what does that mean for when I try Hard raid? Someone took the time to figure out the damage penalties from being under-light:
This also means that players who go into the upcoming King's Fall hard mode at 300 light (the lowest recommended) will have a massive 42.5% damage penalty at the 320 sections​
More here. Even being 10 light down facing a Hard Oryx is a 28.5% penalty.

Welcome to Year 2.

How you liking that Nirwen's?

I go back and forth on it. The RoF is not as good as the Hopscotch. If I am going to use a PR with the same RoF as Nirwen's why wouldn't I choose the Red Death and get the Health Regen?

My Hawksaw has max stability. The first two shots are dead center and the third goes just a hair to the left. It also fires much faster and allows me to play a faster game with the Chaperone. I don't like Nirwen's for close quarters engagements. The same way I feel about the Red Death. The Hawksaw suits that style better for me.

I don't think 2.0 is all about a few amazing specific weapons. It really feels like what weapons work for you + range

Edit: I also have full auto and rifled barrel on my Hawksaw so my range out preforms Red Death, Nirwens, and even the Grasp.

I actually think the new Light system is much more complicated than the old system. And just as punitive. Allow me to explain.

Why it's more complicated. Before you only had to know your level, the enemies level & your weapon. Now you need to know:

They added two more variables by making Light a variable rather than just a score.

And remember how fighting Crota or Skolas one level down resulted in a massive 33% damage penalty? Well, if you're like me and keep getting 300 raid drops, what does that mean for when I try Hard raid? Someone took the time to figure out the damage penalties from being under-light:
This also means that players who go into the upcoming King's Fall hard mode at 300 light (the lowest recommended) will have a massive 42.5% damage penalty at the 320 sections​

Welcome to Year 2.

Bungie never fails to amaze me.

Deku Tree

Welcome to Year 2.

You only really need to know 2, 3, and 5. And you can usually just pay attention to 2 and 5 and equip your best weapon.

You hit 40 and then your done with worrying about your characters level. And level 42 enemies doesn't mean much.

Also you can probably raid as far as you can, get some drops, and then come back next week hopefully at a higher light level.

The difference now is that you can get close to 320 by running the raid. Before you were permanently stuck one level down.

EL CUCO

I would lol if Bungie nerfs Grasp of Malok just like they nerfed Hopsotch Pilgrim. They did it before for exactly the same reason. Best weapons should come from end game activities not endless farming.
2G016Nf.jpg

Not again! Farmed about 100 strikes for the Hopscotch. Dont you do it, Bungie. Lol

TBH, everyone was reforging god tier Hopscotch rolls making it a 2 burst laser. GoM might have the quickest kill time but it's harder to master with the low impact.

E92 M3

Welcome to Year 2.

Yeah, I've been saying that it's not much better due to all of the RNG involved.

PuMa

I go back and forth on it. The RoF is not as good as the Hopscotch. If I am going to use a PR with the same RoF as Nirwen's why wouldn't I choose the Red Death and get the Health Regen?

My Hawksaw has max stability. The first two shots are dead center and the third goes just a hair to the left. It also fires much faster and allows me to play a faster game with the Chaperone. I don't like Nirwen's for close quarters engagements. The same way I feel about the Red Death. The Hawksaw suits that style better for me.

I don't think 2.0 is all about a few amazing specific weapons. It really feels like what weapons work for you + range

Edit: I also have full auto and rifled barrel on my Hawksaw so my range out preforms Red Death, Nirwens, and even the Grasp.

ROF should be the same on Red Death, Scotch and Nirwen's. All 66 in the DB.

I've never been great with the lower impact pulses, but I guess I'll have to try that Hawksaw. I am really liking the Nirwen's right now though.

2G016Nf.jpg

Not again! Farmed about 100 strikes for the Hopscotch. Dont you do it, Bungie. Lol

TBH, everyone was reforging god tier Hopscotch rolls making it a 2 burst laser. GoM might have the quickest kill time but it's harder to master with the low impact.

It's basically a Hawksaw with less Impact.

The grind + hoping you get a good roll on it = endless suffering. This coming from someone who grinded the Hopscotch and got a perfect roll on it.

Have I just missed out on a ton of exotics or did they add some? Didn't think The Ram was a Y2 exotic?
Actually, all year 1 armor has been in the armory since TTK launched, but they just updated them all to 330. You still can't get them in the game.

People noticed some new perks too, like the Khepri's Sting now has the damage over time in its flavor text, Sunbreakers give a second solar grenade (solar + burn!), Arachnid now extends the time of golden gun, and stand asides decrease turn radius while sprinting.

These are totally time gated.

Lnkn52

yeah, Bungie has made it not worth your time to grind for a gun with the inevitable nerfing that they do.

One more win? Have you been waiting for us to sleep to play some IB. I haven't seen you playing at all lol

It's ok to get rekt. I wont judge you...too much.

My average KD went back to 1.0 (with Warlock) after I got the Red Death. And I played with the Titan yesterday and was averaging more above 1.5, close to 2.0.

SpecX

Hit rank 5 in IB yesterday and got the PR. Never been a fan of them, but I'm enjoying this very much especially in normal crucible. I just wish the perks were better and is the weapon glitched? It has the extended mag and another perk to increase stability at the cost of the mag, but I still get 33 bullets with each.

matmanx1

Bought the IB pulse today, not had a chance to try it out yet though!

Honestly don't know if I'll ever use it, I love my Red Death too much. That Regen perk is priceless imo.

Yeah Red Death is just amazing right now. At mid-range in the Crucible with Field choke it puts 3 shots almost on top of one another. And then you get Unflinching and Health Regen on kill which is useful absolutely everywhere. The only guys I had difficulty facing off against this week were The Last Word at close quarters and Hawkmoon if it rolled LitC.

I simply can't progress. 2 odd weeks now and not a single improvement.

Court of Oryx is your friend! Running CoO will guarantee you blues for days so make sure you are wearing your highest light level gear when you decrypt those pieces. I guarantee you will start seeing some 290+ pieces.

There is an Exotic Sword in this game. So good that even Luke Smith calls it Gjalla-sword. AN EXOTIC SWORD! Can you believe that!? How awesome! And I don't even have to worship RNG for it. It is in my quest log. I am guaranteed to get it.

It's been 4 weeks now I can't be bothered with it. Why? Because the quest is filled with the worst, most tedious stuff. 10 super-rare mats, a bazillon ability kills. And that's after the 25 sword kills in Crucible, one that is ruining Crucible, especially rumble as everyone runs around with sword hilts.

Think about that. An awesome exotic and I'm not interested in getting it. What a design failure.

Sad.

It's really not that bad. Honestly. And it is worth it. Those swords not only look amazing they absolutely wreck stuff at close range. The only part that felt grindy to me was collecting the rare materials but even that was doable (and there are certain methods for making that go much faster, if you are so inclined).

The best advice I got for PVP this week was from a friend who is nearly always first place in any match we play together. If he's not getting 25+ kills and first place it is a rare thing. He told me to find the best range for the gun that works best for you and always strive to engage at that range. If someone is shooting you at a non-preferred range then disengage (he also said he always tries to have an obstacle or escape route, which requires map awareness).

I took that to heart this week with Red Death (which is all about the mid range) and it definitely improved my game. I'm interested to see and compare Nirwen's Mercy which I bought last night but haven't upgraded yet. (weapon parts are scarce! ).

lt519

Actually, all year 1 armor has been in the armory since TTK launched, but they just updated them all to 330. You still can't get them in the game.

People noticed some new perks too, like the Khepri's Sting now has the damage over time in its flavor text, Sunbreakers give a second solar grenade (solar + burn!), Arachnid now extends the time of golden gun, and stand asides decrease turn radius while sprinting.

These are totally time gated.

Hmm, cool.

I'm really glad I took the approach to the TTK that I did. I've just played what has been fun and have ended up with a decent enough arsenal to tackle Hard Mode without trying to chase exotics, etc. Rushing to max light level and chasing down exotics at their current levels have become a pointless endeavor.

lt519

I think it's just my roll honestly

Here check it out, look at that range and stability

https://www.bungie.net/en/Legend/Gear/2/4611686018428778028/2305843009267164175

It's a three shot kill.

My Hawksaw has Hammer Forced, Perfect Balance, and Speed Reload. It chews through folks. Three bursts but they come out so fast. Not quite as good as rifled barrel but it is pretty nice.

The best advice I got for PVP this week was from a friend who is nearly always first place in any match we play together. If he's not getting 25+ kills and first place it is a rare thing. He told me to find the best range for the gun that works best for you and always strive to engage at that range. If someone is shooting you at a non-preferred range then disengage (he also said he always tries to have an obstacle or escape route, which requires map awareness).

Probably my biggest shortcoming in Crucible. I constantly engage in fights that are losing propositions from the get go. I also don't know all the lines on some of the maps so I end up squeezed somewhere.

I think the biggest potential roadblock in HM will be shielded enemies what with the lack of elemental primaries and the fact its hardly been raining snipers (or at least for me and still don't have an arc one). A shielded major knight and Wizard at totems could cause all sorts of problems if you're not geared correctly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom